American Red Cross Interview Questions in Washington, DC

2.5

17 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC (US)

I applied online - interviewed at American Red Cross in June 2010.

Interviewed with Direct Manager, Senior Manager of Division and CFO of Organization. Questions ranged from simple to more elaborate. Interviwers were very friendly and gave time to think and elaborate answers

Interview Questions
    • All questions were very well formulated which made easier to think over it   View Answer
    No negotiation.

Executive Director- Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC (US)

I applied online. The process took 4 months - interviewed at American Red Cross in November 2013.

I applied and within 2 weeks I was e-mailed for a phone interview. After the interview I was told I would receive a email with a link to complete my application. Then was told in perxson interviews would take place in 2 weeks. After three weeks I had not heard anything so I emailed the HR person I was cooresponding with. She said it was taking longer than she had anticipated. 2 months later, I emailed again. The HR person apologized and said they were still working out the details. Another month went by and still working out the details. After 4 months they notified me that the position is cancelled.

Interview Questions
    • The questions were not difficult. But it was hard to tell if I was responding in the right way.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC (US)

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at American Red Cross in September 2013.

Simple hiring process - no cover letter needed, just a resume submitted via the website. Interviews were only one round - straight forward.

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC (US)

I applied online. The process took 5 days - interviewed at American Red Cross in December 2013.

Phone interview with HR.

Interview Questions
    • HR rep didn't seem completely familiar with position or details of the job description/job description perhaps didn't accurately convey primary responsibilities.   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC (US)

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at American Red Cross in October 2009.

A friend mentioned Red Cross had positions posted. I went online to their website to submit my application. About six weeks later I received a call from their recruiter who asked some preliminary screening questions. She then set up a conference call with two individuals for the interview. I heard back a week later that I would be interviewed in person. I went to their offices in DC and was interviewed by two of their managers. I was very positive and I left feeling encouraged. Two weeks later, the recruiter phoned to say I was selected and she shared salary, benefits, reporting details. All in all, a great experience.

Interview Questions
    • The msot difficult question had to do with one of their systems used for data collection. I wasn't familiary with it at all, but answered as best I could having researched the position ahead of time.   Answer Question
    There really wasn't a negotiation. They offered a salary and I accepted.

Disaster Services Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC (US)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at American Red Cross in January 2012.

Applied through the Red Cross career website. Was contacted about a week later to set up an in person interview. The interview was pretty basic, the typical job interview questions were asked, nothing really unexpected. Received an offer a week later.

Program Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC (US)

I applied online. The process took 3 days - interviewed at American Red Cross in April 2012.

A short 30 minute phone interview by two managers, no HR on the call. I was offered the job by HR the next day.

Interview Questions
    The negotiation was difficult. The HR had originally insinuated a much higher range. Salary is calculated based on years of experience and previous salary so be careful when filling out the form of past salary. Try to include any bonuses and benefits in that figure so you are still honest but do not sell yourself short. Also, assume that you will negotiate. The HR expects it and will offer a lower salary in anticipation.

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC (US)

The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at American Red Cross in October 2011.

applied on redcross website.i heard about the position from a friend who works at American redcross and he referred me for the position.
    after a week of application i got a call from HR, asking very basic questions about education, location and availability. I was scheduled for interview at the HQ office. it was panel interview. i was interview by Sr.Director,PM and Team Lead. all had there set of questions and they took rounds.
    it was basically interview based on my resume, and the position i had applied to. the interview lasted for about an hour
    i heard back in a week;s time. Team lead called and said that HR will call me back to complete the process
    HR called for background check.
    salary negotiation followed successful background check and offer letter arrived in 4 weeks time

they will negotiate from the input you have given while completing the application process. so its better to give a little more because they do try and match it with industry standards.

Account Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  College Park, MD (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in College Park, MD (US)

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at American Red Cross in January 2011.

Initial phone screening then brought in for 1:1. Interview style was very conversational and informal without any behavioral questions. Everything indication they were interested in moving forward. Sent appropriate follow-up thank-you emails and never heard back from the recruiter or the manager.

IT Was An Informational Interview Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC (US)

I applied through other source. The process took 2 days - interviewed at American Red Cross in September 2011.

A colleague flagged a listing at this organization. She and I both knew the hiring manager. I contacted her even though I knew the position was too junior for me. I spoke with her and another director by phone. We had a great conversation. They acknowledged that while this position wasn't the right fit, they think that I could lend a lot to their fundraising initiative. In my "thank you" email, I offered to have an informal conversation advising them on some challenges that they were facing. We met in person and have an informal talk. They do not have the funds to hire me at this point, but it established strong relationships.

Interview Questions

Worked for American Red Cross? Contribute to the Community!