American Red Cross Interview Questions

Updated 11 Apr, 2015
Updated 11 Apr, 2015

2.6

Volunteer Interview

Interview

Lengthy process. They took a very long time to contact me.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

N/a

Intern Interview

Interview

I submitted my resume to the volunteer specialist who was tasked to find and interview interns each semester. Keep in mind an internship with the local Red Cross chapter is NON-PAID (but a summer internship at the ARC headquarters in Washington, D.C. is paid)

It was a quick process. In one week the volunteer specialist contacted me for an interview, I went to do the interview, and they hired me two days later.They are looking for college students that are good at what they do (whether it's in finance, communication, outreach, or casework), but are also motivated by the mission statement of "alleviating human suffering" and want to make a difference in the community. If you only care about money, the Red Cross isn't the company for you.

Interview Questions

• 1) Why do you want to intern at the Red Cross?
      2) Do you have a desire to continue to volunteer with us after the internship is over?
      3) What drives you everyday at work?

1 Answer

Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at American Red Cross (Tampa, FL (US)) in March 2015.

Interview

Process was conducted over the phone and lasted approximately 30 minutes. The interview allowed you to sell yourself, explain your background experiences, and detail how bring value to the advertised position. It also allowed you to ask specific details about the job posting-- which is a huge plus to drill into the scope of the work and performance level. At the end the salary question was asked to me and due to the range disparity, the HR recruiter gave me the insight to the budgeted salary.

Biomed Tech I Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at American Red Cross.

Interview

Emails and phone calls first physical interview is later this week. Emails where informative and phone call answered all my questions. Interviewer was polite and friendly. The experience was not painful at all.

Interview Questions

• Are you willing to work weekends?   1 Answer

Not the location or days i applied for.

Manufacturing Technician I Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at American Red Cross in February 2015.

Interview

I applied online. A week or so later was contacted by email to give availability for a phone screening. The recruiter set up a time for us two days later. The phone screening was a few standard questions like why I applied for this job and we talked a little about my work experience. She told me the starting pay, details about the orientation process, and basics about the job. The woman was very very nice. She then set me up for an interview for the next week with the management of the department. I also then had to fill out another application online. The face to face interview was very standard. The interviewer was very nice as well and she told me all about the job the good and bad. She had a piece of paper with a list of questions and we went throught them, very easy. I asked her a couple of questions and then she gave me a tour of the lab. She told me everything there is to know about the position and informed me of the orientation dates. All I have to do is contact the recruiter if I wanted to continue with orientation and/or if had any questions.

Interview Questions

• None. Very very basic questions. Practice and you'll be golden.   Answer Question

The facility seemed to be very organized and well managed. The pay was a little too low. Not much negotiation room. Very repetitive duties for that position. I would become bored. I want a job where I can be more creative.

Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at American Red Cross (Washington, DC (US)) in February 2015.

Interview

Spent most of the time asking me about very specific job requirements that weren't even on the job posting description then was told I probably wouldn't advance because I didn't have these? If they were so critical then why aren't they on the job posting? What a waste of our time. Now I can see why they have bad employee reviews on GlassDoor. SMH

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for the American Red Cross? What is your experience in this specific area of your field (that wasn't on the job posting)? What is your experience with this particular software (that wasn't on the job posting)? You probably won't advance to the next round. Bye.   Answer Question

Disaster Program Manager Interview

Interview

I started by filling out the online application, which was followed by a phone "interview." The phone interview was more of a screening process; are you willing to travel, are you ok with unexpected events, etc. That was followed about a week later by an email which gave me 24 hours to fill out another online application which was a bit more detailed, and gave them permission to conduct a background and reference check. After I filled that out, I received a call two days later, by the recruiter, asking me if I would be willing to accept a certain salary for the position, knowing what my stated requirements were from the interview. If I had said yes, that would lead me to a second phone interview with a hiring manager for the position. Because the amount offered was significantly less than I am currently making, I turned the position down at that time.

Interview Questions

• Everything was pretty basic. How do you deal with change, what is your most recent accomplishment, are you willing to travel...   Answer Question

The salary that was being offered was not commensurate with the job description in my opinion, as well as being less than I was currently making.

Lab Technician Interview

Interview

They moved very quickly. Phone and face interview in 1 week and offered the position the following week. The process was simple and easy to maneuver through. However, HR was ver difficult to contact to answer questions.

Executive Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at American Red Cross.

Interview

The two interview process was easy and not intimidating at all. Just come prepared with facts on the mission. Everyone was very friendly and was open to speaking with me about my thoughts and personal experiences.

Disaster Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at American Red Cross.

Interview

Takes a very long time. Interview process is pretty routine (along length gaps with no communication). The hiring process was a little clunky with salary negotiations being reduced at the last minute (unethical)

Negotiation

not a good negotiation. felt a little deceived and double-crossed. not very ethical.