American Red Cross Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated Aug 18, 2014
137 interviews

2.7

Volunteer Interview

Lengthy process. They took a very long time to contact me.

N/a

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Washington, DC (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC (US)

I interviewed online - interviewed at American Red Cross in June 2010.

Interviewed with Direct Manager, Senior Manager of Division and CFO of Organization. Questions ranged from simple to more elaborate. Interviwers were very friendly and gave time to think and elaborate answers

Interview Questions
    • All questions were very well formulated which made easier to think over it   View Answer
    No negotiation.

Collections Technician II Interview

I interviewed online - interviewed at American Red Cross in April 2014.

Hiring was inconsiderate they called me on a Friday at 4:45PM and wanted me to show up for training on Monday morning at 8:00AM. Unfortunately I was still employed and found it necessary to give my current employer a two week notice. Interview was typical nothing outrageous.

Traveling Phlebotomist Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Salt Lake City, UT (US)
    Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT (US)

I interviewed online - interviewed at American Red Cross in July 2014.

Straight forward On-line application, Phone interview was prompt and pleasant, Invitation to a physical interview was immediate. The atmosphere for the interview was formal but relaxed, they used an administrator plus a field manager to ask "in this situation what would you do?" questions. They were very up front about the pros and cons of the work involved. They planned to fill the positions within 2 weeks but there was no response for 'accept or deny' and no answer to inquiry at their HR.

Interview Questions
    • What would you do with an uncooperative volunteer?   View Answer

Donor Counselor I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Charlotte, NC (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC (US)

I interviewed through a staffing agency. The process took 2 days - interviewed at American Red Cross.

I was originally contacted by Aerotek for this position. The job was contract-to-hire. I was interviewed for one position, which no longer exists, and was turned down. However, my recruiter managed to persuade the HR rep to consider me for another position. I was then hired as a CI. On my third day of training, I was told by the HR rep that the CI position was already promised to someone else. However, I still had a job, but it was the Donor Counselor I position.

Interview Questions
    There was no negotiation phase.

Data Specialist Interview

I interviewed online - interviewed at American Red Cross in June 2014.

Applied online, got a phone call a week later for phone screening. Phone screening was very easy. After the phone screening, interview was set up. Interview was fairly easy but I could tell my interviewer wasn't into it. She kept making faces at every answer I made, also made face when she would write down notes. The interview lasted about 15 minutes, I was in a room with about 4-5 other interviews going on at the same time so it was a bit hard to concentrate, and she didn't let me know the next steps in the process and she also didn't walk me out. Overall it was an okay experience. It really does seem like a good company to work for.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time when you had to make a major decision. What was the outcome?

Have you ever worked for a place that was regulated?
        Answer Question

Account Manager Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at American Red Cross.

Was contacted by HR after submitting my resume online, they gave me an overview of the position and set up an in person interview. I was under the impression it was with one person, however, I ended up interviewing with 3 different people. 2 hours after my interview ended, I received an email that I was a final candidate and they were starting a background check. I received a voicemail a couple days later (on a Friday), I called right back, but did not get through. No response on Monday either. On Tuesday, they called to officially offer me the position and wanted me to start in less than 2 weeks. Very late notice as I had to move to a new city to accept this position!

Interview Questions
    • Most questions referred to past experiences. Ex: Tell me about a time when you encountered a challenge.   Answer Question
    Did not negotiate

Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  New York, NY (US)
    Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

I interviewed online - interviewed at American Red Cross in September 2013.

After submitting my application for this position in NYC office, I got a phone call to schedule an interview. I was a little surprised when I met 6 people waiting in a meeting room to interview me. In general, they were very nice. I have a feeling that interviewers of NGOs are more friendly than those in other sectors.

Case Reviewer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Charlotte, NC (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC (US)

I interviewed online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at American Red Cross in March 2010.

saw the ad on line and applied online, called in for interview waited one week and go the job that was in March 2001- ARC is great company to work for, i have relocated due to married.

none, i recieved what i asked for

Disaster Services Manager Interview

I interviewed online - interviewed at American Red Cross in June 2014.

Applied on-line and received phone interview in about a week. Easy questions, such as tell us about yourself, why do you want to work for us, etc. The biggest issue was the salary of 40K for a manager in charge of a 8 county region. I can see why the position sits open for a long time. The interviewer was friendly and seemed to be upfront about the position. The interview was cut short when the salary was mentioned.

Interview Questions

The salary was well below an acceptable amount for the position.

Worked for American Red Cross? Contribute to the Community!