American Express

12 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Director, Relationship Management Interview

London, England (UK)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 months - interviewed at American Express in May 2010.

Interview Details Three rounds of face to face interviews with human resources and hiring leader, case study presentation

Interview Question – Dealing with an existing personnel issues   Answer Question

Graduate Program Interview

London, England (UK)

I applied online - interviewed at American Express in January 2014.

Interview Details Telephone Interview followed by an assessment Center - 2 Interviews and Presentation Exercise, followed by a group exercise.

Interview Question – Group Exercise - List emails in priority of importance and time.   Answer Question

Analyst, Strategic Planning Group Interview

London, England (UK)

I applied in-person - interviewed at American Express in November 2013.

Interview Details Description for London. A very similar process to all other consulting jobs - submit your CV, take an online assessment. If you are successful, you have 2 interviews in the first round, 2 in the second round, and one as the final round. All have two parts - CV part and a case part. Very similar to the consulting top companies - McKinsey and such.

Interview Question – No very ugly questions. Be prepared to answer what other companies you are applying for and why you prefer American Express. I was asked in the second round by both interviewers these questions and they went after me. Know how to solve case studies, the ones given to me were not extremely difficult, but practice, practice, practice makes perfect.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation - their offer was generous for a starting salary, the graduate programme looked promising.

Marketing Intern Interview

London, England (UK)

I applied online and the process took 8 weeks - interviewed at American Express in January 2014.

Interview Details Initial application
Numerical, VErbal and personality SHL test
Application screening
Telephone interview
Assessment day
Offer

The assessment day is made up of 2 interview, a case study, group exercise and a presentation

Interview Question – How do you keep up with current affairs
Your degree has nothing to do with Marketing - why do you want to do this
How do you time manage
  Answer Question

Placement Interview

London, England (UK)

I applied through college or university - interviewed at American Express in December 2013.

Interview Details application, online tests, telephone interview, assessment centre

Interview Question – How have you implemented a change?   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Financial Analyst
London, England (UK)

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at American Express in February 2011.

Interview Details Numerical Assessment, Telephone Interview, Assessment Centre and then one final partner interview

Interview Question – What specifically did you learn in your previous internships that you can apply and what would be the result?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – A better offer from another payments company.

Project Manager Interview

Project Manager
London, England (UK)

I applied through other source and the process took 4 months - interviewed at American Express in August 2010.

Interview Details Recruitment Consultant phone discussion
Conference call interview with two Project Management Directors
Face to face interview with two VP's

Interview Question – Discuss professional/skill weakness and explain how you manage around it.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Straightforward. Asked for expectation. Offered lower. Could have pushed as I knew company having worked for them before, but I was happy with returning to the company.

Finance Intern Interview

London, England (UK)

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at American Express in February 2012.

Interview Details An online application form, followed by online numerical and verbal reasoning tests (both of which were fairly straight forward), followed by a phone interview and an assessment centre. Assessment centre consisted of 2/3 interviews, a group exercise and a case study with a presentation. The day was well organised and it seemed like the organisation had a good working culture.

Interview Question – What makes American Express' businesses model unique?   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Financial Analyst
London, England (UK)

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at American Express in February 2013.

Interview Details After completing the online application and relevent online testing, there is a phone interview which lasts approximately 20-30 minutes. The questions are straight forward competency questions asking about motivation, why AmEx, why Finance etc.

if successful, you'll be invited to an Assessment Centre which consists of an individual presentation on a selected case study, which you have 1 hour to extrapolate information and present it; 2 face-to-face interviews and a group exercise.

On the whole, the day was very enjoyable, you meet alot of new people and have the change to talk to current interns/employees of American Express

Interview Question – "Describe a time you have gone out of your way to deal with a difficult customer?"
 "was the fact the the customer was difficult your fault?"
  Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Internship role so no negotiation

Manager Interview

London, England (UK)

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at American Express in December 2008.

Interview Details They only have guidelines. My interview process consisted of a 1st round & final round interview with the same person!

Interview Question – I find Amex interviews very structured with a lot of focus on competency-based questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – The pay structure is very rigid and managers who are recruited from the outside star on £50k-£60k.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for American Express? Contribute to the Community!

American Express Videos

American Express – Why Work for Us?

What will you do #foraliving? Welcome to American Express. Here we encourage everyone who works with us to do what they love with pride, share their innovations, and realize their full potential by helping other people… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at American Express interview questions and advice in London, England. All 12 interview reviews posted anonymously by American Express employees and interview candidates.