American Cancer Society Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated Aug 14, 2014
120 interviews

2.8

Office Coordinator Interview

I interviewed online - interviewed at American Cancer Society in August 2014.

Applied online, didn't hear back for maybe a month. I received an email asking if I could schedule a phone interview. After the end of the phone interview, I was told my information would be passed on to the hiring manager on site. They emailed to let me know they chose someone with more closely related skills.

Interview Questions
    • How would you divide up the work for a project shared with another person   View Answer

Event Planning Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Los Angeles, CA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA (US)

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at American Cancer Society.

I applied online to internships.com and received an email a few days later, and set up a phone call a week later. I talked to her over the phone, and reviewed my resume with her and was hired.

n/a

Store Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Santa Monica, CA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Monica, CA (US)

I interviewed through other source - interviewed at American Cancer Society in February 2010.

The manager basically said, "Do you want the job?", and I replied that I would, and she said, "Great, you're hired as soon as you pass the background check," Short and sweet.

The manager told me the salary and that it was what it was and take it or leave it.

Event Outreach Specialist Interview

I interviewed online - interviewed at American Cancer Society in April 2014.

First there was a 30+ on line questionnaire, then a phone interview. Depending on who you got for the phone interview, it was either extremely by rote questioning, or an actual, personalized interview. I had two interviews, one average and the other one terrific, where I felt that I really connected with the interviewer. She made it clear that only my lack of experience working with volunteers rather than paid employees kept me from continuing the application process.

Interview Questions
    • Asked several times, and in slightly different formats was "how would you deal with unhappy/underperforming volunteers?".   View Answer

Distinguished Events Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Chicago, IL (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL (US)

Initial phone interview. Situational questions about working with people and staying organized. Then came in to meet two individuals from the department. They were both very nice and the interview flowed as a conversation. Pretty easy if you are really personable and can communicate well. Process took about 2 weeks max.

Interview Questions
    • All very basic questions that you could expect in any professional interview. The phone interview was the most difficult and more of a formality to make sure you aren't a joke.

Give me an example of how you work in groups.
      Communicated with someone with a difficult personality.
      Why do you want to work here?
        Answer Question
    No much room to negotiate

Community Mission Manager Interview

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 3 months - interviewed at American Cancer Society.

Email correspondence to set up interview after initial phone interview. In-person interview with entire office staff. Overview of the job requirement and nature was provided in detail by different staff.

Event Outreach Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Atlanta, GA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA (US)

I interviewed through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at American Cancer Society in June 2014.

There were 2 phone interviews with a recruiter and then the hiring manager. They were both very pleasant. It was more like a conversation than an interview. I felt at ease after each interview.

Interview Questions
    • How does your future plans align with our business direction?   View Answer
    I was told upfront what the salary was and agreed to it in the interview. There was no negotiations.

Relay Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Charlotte, NC (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC (US)

I interviewed online. The process took 5 weeks - interviewed at American Cancer Society in March 2010.

I had a total of 4 interview but the process has changed. I am not sure how to answer this this happened so long ago.They now do a hiring process that is not local but starts in Atlanta.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about your background in sales. ( i don't have one)   Answer Question

Community Manager - Development Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Portland, OR (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR (US)

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 5 days - interviewed at American Cancer Society in April 2010.

I started as a temp and met the ED. That is how I learned of the job opening. They post jobs to the internal system for a number of days before it goes live to the public. I had 2 interviews. The first was with the ED, the second was this the District ED and the ED. The questions were based on qualitative ideas. Why do you have a passion for cancer, etc. The never asked to see my diploma or called my references.

I didn't negotiate.

Office Coordinator Interview

Submit resume. Phone call within 2 weeks. First Interview with local office manager. Called in for second interview with Home Office HR. Received call within one week to accept the position.

Worked for American Cancer Society? Contribute to the Community!