American Airlines

2.8

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edmonton, AB
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edmonton, AB

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at American Airlines in August 2012.

They had me fill out a very short application, then I was told to return to the manager who gave it to me. Afterward, they had me wait for about 5 minutes then gave me an interview on the spot. They asked me about what I liked about my old job, what Id like from this one and then offered me exactly what I wanted. Very impressive!

Fleet Service Clerk Interview

I applied online – interviewed at American Airlines.

The interview was a group interview style. There were 11 other people interviewing. We went around the room in ordering answering 6 different questions. Be yourself and be honest. 3 elements that are super important are Customer Service, Safety, and Dependability so keep that in mind. Overall good experience.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to work for American Airlines?   Answer Question
    • What is your current job and what do you like and dislike about it?   Answer Question
    • Are you available to work extended hours/nights/weekends?   Answer Question
    • Are you able to perform the functions necessary of the fleet service clerk?   Answer Question

Advantage Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at American Airlines.

Interviewed on Jan. 20, 2015 it was a panel interview. The questions were pretty average as group interviews go, there was also a short computer assessment. The group consisted of about 10 candidates, a tour of the call center took place. The interviewers stated that we would hear back from them soon. American Airlines seems to be a great company to work for, the benefits and salary seem about average for an entry level position.

Flight Attendant Interview

I applied online – interviewed at American Airlines.

I will have a face to face interview tomorrow on Jan.7.2015 so prepare for the question first. Looking for the adventure! It is a long process, I applied online on Oct.3.2014 and scheduled the face to face interview after 2 months. Just wait patiently!

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX (US)

I applied online – interviewed at American Airlines.

Intial telephone interview and and in person interview with 4 managers. The interview question varied from basics like credit debit to personal questions. Pretty great mangers did not pressure during interview.

Interview Questions
    • Differentiate following in to credit and debits. Expenses, income liability etc.   Answer Question
    Did not negotiate.

Flight Attendant Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at American Airlines in January 2015.

I applied online in late December of 2014 and received an invitation to complete a video interview about a week later. I completed the video interview right after New Years.

I was contacted on the 9th of January for a F2F interview in Dallas.

I had interviewed at another airline (and was not selected), so I think I was a little less nervous now that I was a little more familiar with the interviewing process.

The interview process:
    -Arrived at the training center and was told to sit at a table of about 4 others. Then, I was instructed to fill out some type of exercise and take that, my 5-year employment history, and my passport to check-in.
    -We had a group interview where we played a "get to know each other" game
    -Moved onto the smaller group interview sessions (groups of 6) where we were asked general questions
    -Went back to main room where we watched a video and did Q&A
    -People were picked to "update application"...some of them were walked out and given their flight info and a handful were taken to be fingerprinted/fill out background check information/reach test/etc. I was one of those people.

My advice is to just be yourself, smile, and relax. There were a few candidates who talked too much and tried too hard to be the center of attention and they were not selected.

American Airlines Flight Attendant Interview

August 4, 2014 -
    Applied

August 6, 2014 -
    Received a email to do a video interview and you only have 5 days to do it and a phone regarding the email.

August 8, 2014 -
    Did the video interview looking at myself while answering the question.
    5 question, 3 minutes to answer each question, and a minute to think of each question before they start to record you.
       1st question: Please tell me what has it attractive you to the American Airlines flight attendant position and what do you know about the employee culture.
       2nd question: Please tell me where did you gain your customer experience.
       3rd question: Please tell me about a time that you received outstanding customer services and what made it memorable.
       4th question: Please tell me what customer services you possess that would make you you a perfect candidate for the American Airlines Flight Attendant position.
       5th question: Please tell me about a difficulty team experience and what made it challenging.
    (dress like your going to a live interview, and be careful about your background surrounding and noises)

August 11, 2014-
    Received a email to update the online application.

September 12, 2014-
    Received a email congratulating me on passing the first process and inviting me to call a 1-800 number to schedule a face to face interview.
    Called back the number the same day and schedule me to fly in late October.

September 18, 2014-
    Received a email regarding my Flight Itinerary.

So now im waiting to fly there.

Revenue Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Worth, TX (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Worth, TX (US)

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at American Airlines.

Applied online through student career site. As others have stated, they schedule a 30 minute phone interview with a 30 minute case study afterwards. It's pretty simple if you've done your homework. The very next day they called me to schedule a face-to-face at headquarters in Fort Worth and scheduled it for 4 days later.

At the in person interview a host picks you up at the airport and we went to lunch with other candidates and hosts at a mexican place next to HQ. Then we had three 45 minute interviews and the recruiter brought us all together for 10 minutes to set expectations. I heard back after just 2 days and received an offer.

Interview Questions
    • How would you design a new chair for the airplane? What things would you consider in your design?   Answer Question
    They have a set salary so there isn't negotiation. They do give a signing bonus and take care of your relocation.

.NET Developer Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at American Airlines.

We had about ten candidates in a room, being taken out for individual interviews by different teams. It was stressful at first, but overall helped make the right decision about the company and people working for it. Interviews focused on behavioral and technical skills. After each round one or several people were let go. In the final round it was like a panel interview with over ten employees watching you create a solution for a given problem

Interview Questions
    • Some technical question about opinion on a new technology   Answer Question

Advantage Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied online – interviewed at American Airlines in December 2014.

1. 30 minutes test on computer - Listen to 8 audio questions then find answer on their website..
    2. Panel interview with other candidates and two recruiters. 5 standard questions in total e.g Tell us about yourself. Why AA? Tell us a time you took initiative in leadership.What do you think when we say customers are always right? List 3 words that your employer/friends/family would describe you.