American Airlines

2.8

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edmonton, AB
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edmonton, AB

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at American Airlines in August 2012.

They had me fill out a very short application, then I was told to return to the manager who gave it to me. Afterward, they had me wait for about 5 minutes then gave me an interview on the spot. They asked me about what I liked about my old job, what Id like from this one and then offered me exactly what I wanted. Very impressive!

American Airlines Flight Attendant Interview

August 4, 2014 -
    Applied

August 6, 2014 -
    Received a email to do a video interview and you only have 5 days to do it and a phone regarding the email.

August 8, 2014 -
    Did the video interview looking at myself while answering the question.
    5 question, 3 minutes to answer each question, and a minute to think of each question before they start to record you.
       1st question: Please tell me what has it attractive you to the American Airlines flight attendant position and what do you know about the employee culture.
       2nd question: Please tell me where did you gain your customer experience.
       3rd question: Please tell me about a time that you received outstanding customer services and what made it memorable.
       4th question: Please tell me what customer services you possess that would make you you a perfect candidate for the American Airlines Flight Attendant position.
       5th question: Please tell me about a difficulty team experience and what made it challenging.
    (dress like your going to a live interview, and be careful about your background surrounding and noises)

August 11, 2014-
    Received a email to update the online application.

September 12, 2014-
    Received a email congratulating me on passing the first process and inviting me to call a 1-800 number to schedule a face to face interview.
    Called back the number the same day and schedule me to fly in late October.

September 18, 2014-
    Received a email regarding my Flight Itinerary.

So now im waiting to fly there.

Flight Attendant Interview

I applied online – interviewed at American Airlines.

I applied online, took few weeks for email assessment to be sent. Did video interview, you do have the option to do phone video. Be sure you read small letter at bottom of screen. Still waiting on answer if yes or no.

Revenue Analyst Interview

Pretty straightforward questions. A case need to be done in 30 mins. I prepared for it by reading some papers about dynamic pricing. After one month, some lady called me to have another interview, but I missed it. I called back, but she told me it was a mistake. If I just got rejection, I would not feel that frustrated....

Flight Attendant Interview

I applied online 10/08. Received email for assessment test 2 weeks later. Received email for invite to video interview 11/20. Still waiting for a response as he process will take a long time due to excessive applicants. This is my 3rd attempt to get hired. I am currently a flight attendant and this is my first time actually getting past the assessment test.

Flight Attendant Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at American Airlines.

Step 1 - Online Application & Assessment
    background check and personality

Step 2 - Recorded Video/Web Cam Q & A
    6 "STAR" formatted questions

Step 3 - Patiently Wait...
    2 weeks - 5 months

Step 4 - On-sight interview scheduled (4 hrs)
    Passport Check, Welcome Video, Ice Breaker, Q & A, Group Interview (4-5 ?s)

Step 5 - Position/Training Overview

Step 6 - Patiently Wait

Interview Questions
    • Please share a time when you provided excellent customer service/ or went above and beyond.

Why do you want to be a flight attendant?
        Answer Question
    N/A

Network Planning Analyst Interview

I was told it would be a two hour telephone interview followed by further stages that may include up to 5 stages by HR. The HR person seemed very uninformed and did not follow up to inform me of outcome and when I contacted HR, they have no idea what is going on. Extremely unprofessional. Needs serious improvement in staff and recruitment process.

Interview Questions
    • Questions about have you used t series test, have you use linear regression tests, etc. it was like a firing squad of questions by a robot. After 1 month after the 2hr telephone they didnt evene have deceny to notify me I didnt get the role, and when I contacted HR they have no idea what was going on. Shocking. Truly expected better standards.   Answer Question

American Airlines Flight Attendant Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at American Airlines.

It actually took a while before making it through the entire process. Upon applying, the send you an email requesting that you complete an online interview. They ask various questions pertaining to the job position you applied for. Make sure you dress professionally and ensure that your background is not distracting. After completing, it could take a while for them to review and get back with you, don't get discouraged (I did). They enventually sent me a follow email requesting that fill out some more information on my application and then......I waited...I waited, for about 4 months. I finally received an invitation email to arrange a flight to Dallas to complete a face to face on-site interview. It was scheduled for about a month and half out. When arriving, you take a shuttle to their training center. Very nice, might I add! It is the training center where if you offered employment, you will spend roughly 7 1/2 weeks. I must say that, althought I was rather nervous, the whole process was actually a lot of fun!! Met some really amazing people and a good time. The questions asked are not out of the usual and the recruiters were all pleasant and inviting! Waiting to hear back as to whether I will be considered for training, but all in all, it was a really good experience!

Interview Questions
    • Nothing was too difficult. Please pay attention to instructions!! They will ask you to complete various tasks in the form of a game. Its all fun, but they are paying attention to if you have followed their instructions.   Answer Question

Flight Attendant Interview

Put in my app October 6th...received email for video interview Oct 20th..now waiting on acceptance or rejection. Asked me 6 questions it appeared because of the questions that their focusing on customer service...ie explain a customer service experience I received...what made it memorable? Explain a difficult customer service experience..what was the outcome

Interview Questions
    • What does employee culture mean? Threw me off   View Answer

Stock Clerk Interview

I applied through other source. The process took a weekinterviewed at American Airlines.

Great. No problems. Answer all the questions. Pleasant HR Rep. Good company to work for.
    Passed testing questions.
    God Bless American Airlines on their changes. The best is yet to come!