AmeriCorps Interview Questions

Updated Sep 15, 2014
Updated Sep 15, 2014

2.2

AmeriCorps Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Knoxville, TN (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Knoxville, TN (US)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at AmeriCorps in February 2014.

After applying online, I received an email within the week providing me with site options for the Americorps program in the city of my choice. I then had an interview within the next two weeks and a final interview a week later.

The initial contact was friendly and helpful. He suggested different areas of Americorps that might fit my personality or interests. After my first interview, I was directed to a specific site to interview with the site supervisor.

Interview Questions
    • What do you feel is the biggest problem our country is currently facing and why?   Answer Question
    There was no negotiation. Americorps members are on a fixed and limited salary.

AmeriCorps Member Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at AmeriCorps in August 2014.

AmeriCorps is awesome!. Everything was so detailed and precise when applying and submitting my information. My AmeriCorps supervisor didn't interview me, my site supervisor did, but the hiring wasn't a hit and miss. I knew I was getting the position.

Interview Questions
    • The most unexpected question was the travel issue. This was a personal issue I had but after my 1st 3 stipends of AmeriCorps pay I had a vehicle and was able to attend every event that was out of town.   Answer Question

Team Leader Interview

The process took 6 months - interviewed at AmeriCorps.

Filled out my application on myamericorps.gov for a Corps Member position. It takes a very long time for your application to be processed and your status to be updated. I was constantly calling the hotline to see if there were any updates but it simply takes awhile. I was accepted to be a Corps Member but then a month or so later got an email asking if I was interested in being a Team Leader for FEMA Corps and I called in to tell them that I was. I had a hour long interview on the phone with two of the unit leaders and they asked a lot of behavioral questions and personality questions. After that I had to complete two essays regarding civic engagement and leadership.

Interview Questions
    • What would you do if two members of your team were in a relationship and it made other members of the team uncomfortable?   Answer Question

ICH Life Skills Coach Interview

I applied online - interviewed at AmeriCorps.

straitforward. Phone then in person with AmeriCorp hiring person and then with the person who will be their direct supervisor at your specific position. They ask pretty standard questions. Nothing unexpected. They are very nice when you do the interview and seem genuinely interested in what you want to get out of the experience.

none. If you accept AmeriCorp you only get what they say they will pay you

AmeriCorps VISTA Interview

I applied through college or university - interviewed at AmeriCorps.

Hiring process is done via the AmeriCorp website but depends on where and what the position is interviewing for. You must be accepted by the AmeriCorps Vista program and by the agency your will be working out of.

Interview Questions
    • How can you help fix the problems of this site/why would you be an asset.   Answer Question
    There is no negotiation phase

AmeriCorps NCCC Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Denver, CO (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO (US)

I applied online. The process took 5 months - interviewed at AmeriCorps.

The AmeriCorps National Civilian Community Corps Interview process is painful. I applied in February, did not hear anything until April, did not have my interview until June, and did not find out if I had been accepted until late August, when the program started in October. The process is definitely worth the wait as the program is great, however it puts your life on hold if you are trying to figure out what you're going to do.

Interview Questions
    • There weren't really any questions other than what you were willing to do for service.   Answer Question
    There was no negotiation.

AmeriCorps Member Interview

It's a frustrating process full of confusion and quick deadlines. There is no real interview process, at least for Corps Members. You submit your application, and then you wait for them to review your provided information and run some background checks. Figuring out where you are in the process is obnoxious, but it took only a month start to finish to hear a final yes. Also, the final yes is still conditional upon your completion of paperwork every 10 days.

AmeriCorps VISTA Interview

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at AmeriCorps in April 2014.

applied to americorps online, sent in resume to listed contact on americorps website just to be safe, received phone interview next day from a woman different than the listed contact, scheduled interview for later that week. Was supposed to find out three days later yes or no and never heard back...

AmeriCorps Member Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at AmeriCorps.

Apply through the online portal. Pro of this was that your application could be sent up to 20 times to organizations that you were interested in. Con is that the website is difficult to navigate. The interview was given from the American Red Cross Regional Chapter that I applied to. It was a standard interview, knowledge of Red Cross, knowledge of Region, knowledge of job description and how your skills match.

Interview Questions
    • They asked what you believe you might do for your Americorps special project.   View Answer

Citizen Corps Coordinator Interview

I'm pretty sure I just submitted an application online and was quickly called in for a face-to-face interview. I did the interview, and was hired that day. I think it's because no one else wanted to do the job.

Worked for AmeriCorps? Contribute to the Community!