Amazon.com

Getting the Interview

664 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Montreal, QC

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at Amazon.com in March 2013.

Interview Details I met them in person in Montreal where they held a career fair. They reached to me via LinkedIn. I had 4 one-hour interviews back to back in an hotel room.

Interview Question – Be prepared to have technical questions based on algorithms and date structures like binary trees, but also for product-oriented questions like "how would you revamp the main page of Amazon"   Answer Question

Software Engineer

I interviewed at Amazon.com in August 2013.

Interview Details I passed on to the second phone interview. General data structures questions about trees and sets.
Problems:
- Find the two elements of an array that sum up to a given sum
- Find a loop in a graph

Interview Question – Find a loop in a graph   Answer Question

Vancouver, BC

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at Amazon.com in June 2013.

Interview Details 2 phone screen interviews, technical questions on datastructures, mostly hash sets and trees

Interview Question – Desgin an LRU Cache   View Answer

Interviewed at Amazon.com

Interview Details 3 phone interview, 1 on-site interview

Vancouver, BC

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Amazon.com in June 2013.

Interview Details Received an offer for a interview from a recruiter. First phone interview with a lady that had less experience than me. Second interview with a junior developer with less experience (and guessing even programming knowledge) than me. They did not seem happy with C# 4.0 syntax. I had to rewrite my answers in C++ syntax. I had not worked with binary trees since university but I was able to answer the questions. No idea why they did not select me for a onsite interview. However, I don't care I was not sure if I was going to put up with they crazy 8 hrs on site interview, and also I was not very interested as they pay is the same as other smaller companies, the pressure is way higher and I prefer to have balanced life outside work.
Overall, after taking to my friend (ex-amazon programmer) too little reward for the trouble. Employees do not even have free Prime.

Interview Question – No one, they were all fairly simple. Questions related to binary trees and linked lists.   Answer Question

Interviewed at Amazon.com

Interview Details Hiring Event

Interview Question – Think a data structure like Facebook you have connections (with name, email, and list of connections) and your connections have connections, print first level connection and second level connection.   Answer Question

Toronto, ON

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Amazon.com.

Interview Details Two interviews. First, half an hour and second 3 hours.

Interview Question – How can we store the name of street in a map service? Because street names have characters in common.   View Answers (2)

Software Engineer

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Amazon.com.

Interview Details It was an on campus interview

Interview Question – Was asked question about in-order, pre-order trees and how to retrieve the maximum number of repeated strings in a array or strings.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Amazon.com.

Interview Details Got a phone interview first. Routine questions that you would expect, with some brain-teasers thrown in between. Couldn't get some of them, and I felt the attitude from my interviewer wasn't that friendly or forgiving.

Interview Question – Was asked to implement some graph search function based on an existing code base on the spot.   Answer Question

Toronto, ON

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at Amazon.com in June 2012.

Interview Details First the recruiter from Amazon sent me an email asking for my interest in their office Seattle, WA. I replied with my disagreement that I dont want to live my current city then they offer me an interview for my current city in Canada.
Then I gave three interview. In my first interview they asked about my background and then they started coding question. In my three interviews the interviewr asked me question on link list, object oriented questions, hashmap and other data structures.

Interview Question – Design a card game.   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Amazon.com

Worked for Amazon.com? Contribute to the Community!

Amazon.com Videos

Amazon.com – Why Work for Us?

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Amazon.com Software Engineer interview questions and advice. All 664 interview reviews posted anonymously by Amazon.com employees and interview candidates.