Amazon.com

Getting the Interview

85 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Vancouver, BC

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Amazon.com in February 2014.

Interview Details 2 45 minutes back-to-back interviews

Interview Question – Tell me a specific problem you've met doing your project, and how you handled it.   Answer Question

Interviewed at Amazon.com

Interview Details I received interview notice after campus career fair. two 45-minute interview was arranged.

Interview Question – .First interview asked BST and 2sum in an array including time and space complexity questions. The second one asked me to merge to sorted array and something about arraylist and linkedlist.   Answer Question

Interviewed at Amazon.com

Interview Details Had two phone intervews back to back.

Interview Question – Implement a Linked List   Answer Question

Interviewed at Amazon.com

Interview Details phone interview, including few questions about your work history, the rest are mostly technical questions. The first phone interview questions are kind easy. Second round questions are Data Structure, Algorithm related. Questions are not difficult, normally ask you how to optimize the algorithm. People are nice.

Interview Question – Find an alternative way to optimize the algorithm.   Answer Question

Interviewed at Amazon.com

Interview Details I managed to get an on-campus interview by emailing the university recruiting coordinator. Signed up for a time, interviewed with two people on the on-campus interview rooms.

Interview Question – None were rather difficult or unexpected.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Intern Interview

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Amazon.com in January 2014.

Interview Details I submitted my resume in the college career fair. I got an interview call after 3 months.

Interview Question – I had 2 back to back technical interviews
Question1: Find two numbers in an unsorted array that equal to a given sum
Question2: Find the first unique character in a string
  Answer Question

Software Engineer Intern Interview

Penn State University, PA (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Amazon.com in November 2012.

Interview Details Attended the career fair at my school. Met with one of the recruiter's that was there. We talked for a bit and he took my resume. Got a call later to come in for a one on one interview the following day.

Interview was held in the career center on campus.

Interview Question – Main question was verifying whether a binary tree was a BST, given the function header that looked like public boolean isBST(root). He stated no other functions could be created and that child nodes did not have links to their parents.   View Answers (2)

Software Engineer Intern Interview

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Amazon.com in February 2014.

Interview Details Send resume on campus career fair.
Got another invitation in Mid Feb.

Two back-to-back 45 mins phone interview.
Nothing really unexpected or difficult.
Being asked about Hash table, how to deal with collision, OOP, stack/queue concept and giving examples in real practice. Pay attention to Time complexity for the algorithm.

Interview Question – Nothing really unexpected. Simple OOP concept. It's not like "design a class for elevator" stuff that complex.   Answer Question

San Diego, CA (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Amazon.com in March 2014.

Interview Details On campus, talked to 2 different interviewers for 45 minutes each

Interview Question – Ask me to implement a BFS for a social network   View Answer

Bucharest (Romania)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Amazon.com in December 2013.

Interview Details The interview consisted in an online test on coding platform, there were 2 problems to solve in 90 minutes, if memory serves.
The problems were easy and finished well before the time expired. However the platform which did provided feedback for the "Demo problem" did not provided any feedback whatsoever on the problems that I had to solve, probably because it was Amazons intentions.
Not so peachy.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Amazon.com

Worked for Amazon.com? Contribute to the Community!

Amazon.com Videos

Amazon.com – Why Work for Us?

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Amazon.com Software Engineer Intern interview questions and advice. All 85 interview reviews posted anonymously by Amazon.com employees and interview candidates.