Amazon.com

3.1

89 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Amazon.com in February 2014.

2 45 minutes back-to-back interviews

Interview Questions
  • Tell me a specific problem you've met doing your project, and how you handled it.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Amazon.com

Software Engineer Intern Interview

I received interview notice after campus career fair. two 45-minute interview was arranged.

Interview Questions
    • .First interview asked BST and 2sum in an array including time and space complexity questions. The second one asked me to merge to sorted array and something about arraylist and linkedlist.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Intern Interview

Had two phone intervews back to back.

Software Engineer Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Amazon.com.

first interview : I was asked about software design patterns, then came a question on algorithm before one on data-structures. I wasn't expecting being asked about design patterns.

Interview Questions
    • You have an array of unsorted integer, and a target value X. Design an algorithm to tell if two numbers of this array could be added together to obtain X.
      You have one byte of data, find some ways to get the complement of this byte.

Answer Question

Software Engineer Intern Interview

phone interview, including few questions about your work history, the rest are mostly technical questions. The first phone interview questions are kind easy. Second round questions are Data Structure, Algorithm related. Questions are not difficult, normally ask you how to optimize the algorithm. People are nice.

Software Engineer Intern Interview

I managed to get an on-campus interview by emailing the university recruiting coordinator. Signed up for a time, interviewed with two people on the on-campus interview rooms.

Software Engineer Intern Interview

There are two rounds back and back. The first round was a guy from 126 and the question was the nth node from the end in a linked list. The second round was a guy from Kindle and the question was reverse a string and lots of fundamental concepts in object oriented programming

Interview Questions
    • A inherits from B, which inherits from C. Will initializing A invoke constructor of C   Answer Question

Software Engineer Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Amazon.com.

I initially got contacted for a full time but then requested an interview for an internship as i graduate in 2015. I had two 45 minute phone interview, pretty standard questions, Given a log of users visit to a site for a day, how would you find returning users given the log visit for another day. I can't remember other questions but they all focused on knowing how to use data structures, runtime and design. I got and acceptance letter two weeks later.

Interview Questions
    • Given a log of users visit to a site for a day, how would you find returning users given the log visit for another day   Answer Question
    No negotiations for internship

Software Engineer Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA (US)

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Amazon.com in March 2014.

I applied during the Spring Employment Opportunities Conference of our university, and got the on-campus interview. It was 2 consecutive interviews, 45 minutes for each. 1-2 questions for each interview, depend on how fast you can finish the first problem. Write the code on white board.

non-technical questions:
    how did you solve it when you have conflicts with teammates?
    Tell about one of the open-ended projects that you have done.

Interview Questions
    • given an integer, output all the prime factors of that integer, ex:
      input: 6, output: 2,3
      input 25, output: 5, 5

given an integer array, output all the numbers that appear odd number of times, ex:
      input: 1,2,1,3,3,4
      output: 2, 4

Answer Question

Software Engineer Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Amazon.com in March 2014.

I applied online through their website, and was contacted a few weeks after asking for an interview time. There were two interviews of about 45 minutes each, with engineers from different teams. They called at the exact time scheduled and were extremely polite.

The interviews themselves consisted of the following:
    1) A few minutes talking about myself, and some of the items on my resume.
    2) Questions about how I would go about solving problems relating to data structures and algorithms.
    - One of the problems was "How would you implement a stack within a queue?"
    3) A programming problem where they would have a pre-written question and they would watch as I solved it.

Unfortunately, I was unprepared for the interview, and thus was not able to answer the questions quickly and efficiently. They really want to know that you know the efficiency of the things you write.