Amazon.com Software Engineer Intern Interview Questions & Reviews

3.1

89 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Employee  in  Vancouver, BC
Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took a day - interviewed at Amazon.com in February 2014.

2 45 minutes back-to-back interviews

Interview Questions
  • Tell me a specific problem you've met doing your project, and how you handled it.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Amazon.com

Software Engineer Intern Interview

I received interview notice after campus career fair. two 45-minute interview was arranged.

Interview Questions
    • .First interview asked BST and 2sum in an array including time and space complexity questions. The second one asked me to merge to sorted array and something about arraylist and linkedlist.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Intern Interview

Had two phone intervews back to back.

Software Engineer Intern Interview

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Amazon.com.

first interview : I was asked about software design patterns, then came a question on algorithm before one on data-structures. I wasn't expecting being asked about design patterns.

Interview Questions
    • You have an array of unsorted integer, and a target value X. Design an algorithm to tell if two numbers of this array could be added together to obtain X.
      You have one byte of data, find some ways to get the complement of this byte.
        Answer Question

Software Engineer Intern Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Amazon.com in March 2014.

I applied online through their website, and was contacted a few weeks after asking for an interview time. There were two interviews of about 45 minutes each, with engineers from different teams. They called at the exact time scheduled and were extremely polite.

The interviews themselves consisted of the following:
    1) A few minutes talking about myself, and some of the items on my resume.
    2) Questions about how I would go about solving problems relating to data structures and algorithms.
    - One of the problems was "How would you implement a stack within a queue?"
    3) A programming problem where they would have a pre-written question and they would watch as I solved it.

Unfortunately, I was unprepared for the interview, and thus was not able to answer the questions quickly and efficiently. They really want to know that you know the efficiency of the things you write.

Software Engineer Intern Interview

I interviewed online - interviewed at Amazon.com in February 2014.

Got an interview call by email with 2 time slots after 4 days. Had to select 1 of them.
    2 back to back phone interviews. Each interviewer asked 2 questions each.

Interview Questions
    • The questions were pretty simple but I took time to answer.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Intern Interview

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Amazon.com in February 2014.

The interviewer will ask you the basic data structure such as hash table. Therefore, you should master hash table. The first coding question is get out of the maze. You could simply use DFS to solve it. The second coding question is compress string which is the same question in Cracking the coding interview.

Interview Questions
    • One of the interviewer ask me tell me about your favorite project. He required that this project should be simply for yourself rather than research or courses. It is a really hard question, because most of my project are course projects.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Intern Interview

phone interview, including few questions about your work history, the rest are mostly technical questions. The first phone interview questions are kind easy. Second round questions are Data Structure, Algorithm related. Questions are not difficult, normally ask you how to optimize the algorithm. People are nice.

Software Engineer Intern Interview

I managed to get an on-campus interview by emailing the university recruiting coordinator. Signed up for a time, interviewed with two people on the on-campus interview rooms.

Software Engineer Intern Interview

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Amazon.com in January 2014.

I submitted my resume in the college career fair. I got an interview call after 3 months.

Interview Questions
    • I had 2 back to back technical interviews
      Question1: Find two numbers in an unsorted array that equal to a given sum
      Question2: Find the first unique character in a string
        Answer Question

Worked for Amazon.com? Contribute to the Community!