Amazon.com
3.4 of 5 2,800 reviews
www.amazon.com Seattle, WA 5000+ Employees

Amazon.com Software Development Engineer Intern Interview Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated Apr 07, 2014

Getting the Interview

4 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Software Development Engineer Intern Interview Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Amazon.com in January 2014.

Interview Details I applied online and was contacted by the HR to schedule the interview.
Both the interviewers were nice and it was a very good experience.

Interview Questions

• Q. Remove duplicates from an sorted array inplace. He was expecting a linear time solution for this.   View Answer
  • Q. A question on BFS.   Answer Question
  • Q. Reverse a linked list without modifying the existing list.   View Answer
  • Q. write code to detect if an array contains any duplicates?   View Answer

Sunnyvale, CA (US)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Amazon.com in February 2014.

Interview Details Got referred at the beginning of Feb, then reached by recruiter at 2/24 and assigned 2 technical phone interview at 2/27

1. Sent you a Collabedit link before the interview.
    Introduce yourself really quickly.
    Given a binary tree with different values on each node, find those values N which N%7 == 0.
    Why C++ has destruction.
    Given an int number, return the number of 1s in base 2. For example, 6 = 0000110 return 2.
    What's the difference between the stack and heap when they are initialized.
    What's multi-inheritance and why it's bad.

2. Sent you a Collabedit link befor the interview.
    pow
    Binary tree level traversal.

Interview Question – What's the difference between the stack and heap when they are initialized.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I missed the call from HR and then received an official offer letter from him. The team is not in Seattle but in Amazon Lab 126 Kindle team. I thought it's OK and accepted it.

Very Difficult Interview

Software Development Engineer Intern Interview Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Amazon.com in January 2014.

Interview Details 2 hour back to back technical interview. You will get a third technical interview if they think you were on the fence.

Interview Question – Hashing, data structures, and design questions. They also asked me if i took the algorithms class, then they proceeded to ask me about NP-Complete problems etc. They were very nice overall. I recommend getting a good cell phone reception and internet access before the interview, because my call kept dropping on me during the interview. It dropped at least 6 times during my first technical interview, and I think they weren't happy about it, therefore I was sent to a third technical interview.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Two days to get offer

Interviewed at Amazon.com

Interview Details Split a linked list into even and odd parts
Sqrt function

Interview Question – Given a red and black tree,traverse a tree from bottom to up and remove red nodes preserving structure of tree   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Amazon.com

Worked for Amazon.com? Contribute to the Community!

Amazon.com Videos

Amazon.com – Why Work for Us?

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Amazon.com Software Development Engineer Intern Interview interview questions and advice. All 4 interview reviews posted anonymously by Amazon.com employees and interview candidates.