Amazon.com Software Developer Intern Interview Questions & Reviews

48 interviews

3.1

48 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Software Development Intern Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 9+ months - interviewed at Amazon.com.

Applied in March, got an interview offer in November. Two 45 min phone interviews. Asked about sorting algorithm, linked list, reversing characters of each words in a sentence., OO concept. The first interviewer sounded like a douche, did not guide me when I was struggling, and gave few word feedback after I answered every questions. The second interviewer was nice.

Interview Questions
  • Use OO to design shape (The interviewer did not clarify any further)   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Amazon.com

Software Development Intern Interview

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Amazon.com in February 2014.

I applied during my university career fair. After around two week I got email for n campus interview having two back to back round. Both rounds were technical (45 minutes each).

Interview Questions
    • Nothing unexpected. All the question were from algorithms and data structures   Answer Question

Software Developer Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Irvine, CA (US)
    Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA (US)

I interviewed through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at Amazon.com in February 2014.

normal algorithms questions, like find word freq, reverse linked list, out put a tree in level order, have to be familiar with the data structures and algorithms, also have ques about tesing and ood, like what is the difference between interface and abstact class, how hash map works so on, what is unit test, things like that

Software Developer Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Seattle, WA (US)
    Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA (US)

I interviewed online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Amazon.com in November 2013.

I applied through online and received an email from them after a month to schedule a phone interview. The interview was technical in nature, involving programming questions and hands-on programming on Collabedit

applied in career fair
    Normal process

Interview Questions
    • Asked two questions
      1. sort using sliding window
      2. binary search functional program
        Answer Question

Software Developer Intern Interview

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Amazon.com.

Just had one phone interview. was about create all the strings of balanced parenthesis

Software Developer Intern Interview

Very good interview process, co-operative team who always keeps students updated.

Software Developer Intern Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Amazon.com in February 2014.

I applied online in Jan 2014. Received an email from recruiter about setting up two phone interviews, each of 45 minute length. The recruiter was supposed to send me a follow up email about which areas the questions will cover etc. but it was sent after the first interview started.
    The interviews were back to back with 15 minute break between them.

The questions were purely technical and only one of the interviewers asked about why I would like to work in Amazon, I think it was more to do with starting a conversation than taking any notes from my answers.

Both interviewers for the first 10 minutes asked questions on some basic algorithms, their complexities and Maps etc.

Interview Questions
    • The questions were something on the lines of,
      - Given a tree, output levelwise nodes (Ans: It was actually the BFS algorithm, but I didn't realize it at that time)
      - Find first unique substring (In O(n)) (Ans: Use counting sort variant)
      - Convert an array into balanced binary search tree (Ans: First sort the array, then use recursive algorithm after splitting the array at mid, and using the mid as a node)
      - From two arrays N and M find the combinations that add up to say X (Ans: I was drained by the time second interview started, so the only answer I came up with was of O(n2) complexity i.e. using two FOR loops)
        Answer Question

Software Development Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Seattle, WA (US)
    Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA (US)

I interviewed through an employee referral - interviewed at Amazon.com in January 2014.

Got referred to Amazon by a relative. They got back to me a week later and I got 2 back to back 1 hour interviews. Problems were not that hard to average difficulty, but I didn't do well.

Interview Questions
    • Given a list of numbers, in which every number occurs an even number of times except one number, which occurs an odd number of times, return the value of the odd number. Question should be done with a hash map but I used a n log n solution.   Answer Question

Software Developer Intern Interview

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Amazon.com in October 2013.

Phone Interview. 2 back to back interviews of 45 minutes.

Interview Questions
    • All the basic questions and couple of coding assignment over collabedit, asked to design a data stucture to represent a game environment and then for a dictionary.   Answer Question

Worked for Amazon.com? Contribute to the Community!