Amazon.com

4,680 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Software Developer Interview

Software Developer

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Amazon.com.

Interview Details Applied on college job website, and received an interview on campus. The result came out in the night after interview.

Interview Question – Write a program which do a multiplication without using any built-in multiplication function. and optimize it.   View Answers (2)

Vancouver, BC

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Amazon.com in June 2013.

Interview Details About two to three phone interviews and then in office interview at Seattle office. Amazon people are very friendly and smart and their questions make a lot of sense. I feel really good about the experience for interview at Amazon. I would be happy if they chose me for an in person interview at Seattle.

Interview Question – No difficult question. the interview walks you through the answer and helps along the way. Just be good at algorithms and some languages like C++ , java, etc.   Answer Question

Vancouver, BC

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at Amazon.com in June 2013.

Interview Details 2 phone screen interviews, technical questions on datastructures, mostly hash sets and trees

Interview Question – Desgin an LRU Cache   View Answer

Interviewed at Amazon.com

Interview Details 3 phone interview, 1 on-site interview

Vancouver, BC

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Amazon.com in June 2013.

Interview Details Received an offer for a interview from a recruiter. First phone interview with a lady that had less experience than me. Second interview with a junior developer with less experience (and guessing even programming knowledge) than me. They did not seem happy with C# 4.0 syntax. I had to rewrite my answers in C++ syntax. I had not worked with binary trees since university but I was able to answer the questions. No idea why they did not select me for a onsite interview. However, I don't care I was not sure if I was going to put up with they crazy 8 hrs on site interview, and also I was not very interested as they pay is the same as other smaller companies, the pressure is way higher and I prefer to have balanced life outside work.
Overall, after taking to my friend (ex-amazon programmer) too little reward for the trouble. Employees do not even have free Prime.

Interview Question – No one, they were all fairly simple. Questions related to binary trees and linked lists.   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Senior Software Engineer

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Amazon.com.

Interview Details I got an email asking for availability for a test. Once we agreed on date/time, they sent me one question and asked me to provide them complete working solution with run time complexity and some test cases (Including special cases).

Then then invited me for onsite interview

Interview Question – Question was so easy and could be done in 30 minutes using all built-in container in C++ STL   Answer Question

Software Development Engineer

I applied online - interviewed at Amazon.com in June 2013.

Interview Details I applied about one month ago. Then after two weeks, I got an email from recruiter in Amazon asking me to do an online assessment in 6 days. I've done it last night. The questions are relatively simple, people who have gone through data structures can solve it without too much thinking. It was 3 questions in up to 90 minutes. The hard part is for each question, I have to write down description of approach, assumptions, which data structures used and why, analysis on complexity, and code comments. It took me more than 10 minutes to get these documents done (one can easily tell I am not native speaker btw:) )

There was another session for behavior test after finished 3 questions. Things about whether you think you are creative, or what will you do if you find a minor bug near deadline. All self-selection questions.

I just finished the first-round. Long before I get a position. Since I have to select whether get offer or not. Better to select a yes for good luck :) Wondering if I can update later

Interview Question – Writing documentation for 3 test questions took me a big way too long time.   Answer Question

Software Development Engineer

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Amazon.com in May 2013.

Interview Details Applied on line. Got email from their recruiter 2 days later to schedule one hour phone interview. On the interview, spoke to one of the developers on the team. Gave me bit of overview of his position and got me to tell him a bit about myself. Got asked about sets and lists. Describe BST and hashmap data structures and time complexity to add element. Then was asked to write code to reverse all the words in a string. Used online collabedit tool.

Interview Question – Questions were pretty much expected after reading all the other reviews on this site.   Answer Question

Product Manager Interview

Product Manager

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Amazon.com.

Interview Details Chaotic, stoic and large company questions. Did not feel like a modern tech company.

Interview Question – Question about priorities sequencing when primary objective was completely different. A bit strange IMO.   Answer Question

Waterloo, ON

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Amazon.com in February 2013.

Interview Details Applied online, followed by a half hour phone screen, and then after that, I had four 1:1 interviews with technial recruiters on various teams. They asked standard algorithm-based questions, focusing on amortized analysis and runtime/space efficiency concerns. Basic algorithms were mostly theoretical with little actual coding required.

Interview Question – I've been asked not to discuss this.   View Answer