Amazon.com Interview Questions

Updated 20 Oct, 2014
5,000 Interview Reviews

3.3

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC

interviewed at Amazon.com in September 2013.

I applied online, and after six months, they sent me an email. We scheduled a meeting, it was with a Developer from Seattle, it was pretty good, some hard questions and background check, and after that we did a coding session using a collaboration board. After a week, they wold me that I did not passed the interview.

Software Developer Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Amazon.com.

Applied on college job website, and received an interview on campus. The result came out in the night after interview.

Interview Questions
    • Write a program which do a multiplication without using any built-in multiplication function. and optimize it.   View Answers (2)

Software Engineer Interview

interviewed at Amazon.com in August 2013.

I passed on to the second phone interview. General data structures questions about trees and sets.
    Problems:
    - Find the two elements of an array that sum up to a given sum
    - Find a loop in a graph

3 phone interview, 1 on-site interview

Software Development Engineer II Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Amazon.com in July 2013.

I was contacted by a recruiter the day after I applied through the Amazon careers page, and he booked a phone interview with a hiring manager. The interview was 1 hour long. It started with my experiences and for the coding part I was asked to solve a problem that involves some data structures.

Interview Questions
    • I solved the problem in Java, but the hiring manager was more into C or C++, and didn't have much knowledge in Java.   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Amazon.com.

I got an email asking for availability for a test. Once we agreed on date/time, they sent me one question and asked me to provide them complete working solution with run time complexity and some test cases (Including special cases).

Then then invited me for onsite interview

Interview Questions
    • Question was so easy and could be done in 30 minutes using all built-in container in C++ STL   Answer Question

Software Development Engineer Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Amazon.com in June 2013.

I applied about one month ago. Then after two weeks, I got an email from recruiter in Amazon asking me to do an online assessment in 6 days. I've done it last night. The questions are relatively simple, people who have gone through data structures can solve it without too much thinking. It was 3 questions in up to 90 minutes. The hard part is for each question, I have to write down description of approach, assumptions, which data structures used and why, analysis on complexity, and code comments. It took me more than 10 minutes to get these documents done (one can easily tell I am not native speaker btw:) )

There was another session for behavior test after finished 3 questions. Things about whether you think you are creative, or what will you do if you find a minor bug near deadline. All self-selection questions.

I just finished the first-round. Long before I get a position. Since I have to select whether get offer or not. Better to select a yes for good luck :) Wondering if I can update later

Interview Questions
    • Writing documentation for 3 test questions took me a big way too long time.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Amazon.com in June 2013.

Received an offer for a interview from a recruiter. First phone interview with a lady that had less experience than me. Second interview with a junior developer with less experience (and guessing even programming knowledge) than me. They did not seem happy with C# 4.0 syntax. I had to rewrite my answers in C++ syntax. I had not worked with binary trees since university but I was able to answer the questions. No idea why they did not select me for a onsite interview. However, I don't care I was not sure if I was going to put up with they crazy 8 hrs on site interview, and also I was not very interested as they pay is the same as other smaller companies, the pressure is way higher and I prefer to have balanced life outside work.
    Overall, after taking to my friend (ex-amazon programmer) too little reward for the trouble. Employees do not even have free Prime.

Interview Questions
    • No one, they were all fairly simple. Questions related to binary trees and linked lists.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Amazon.com in June 2013.

2 phone screen interviews, technical questions on datastructures, mostly hash sets and trees

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Amazon.com in June 2013.

About two to three phone interviews and then in office interview at Seattle office. Amazon people are very friendly and smart and their questions make a lot of sense. I feel really good about the experience for interview at Amazon. I would be happy if they chose me for an in person interview at Seattle.

Interview Questions
    • No difficult question. the interview walks you through the answer and helps along the way. Just be good at algorithms and some languages like C++ , java, etc.   Answer Question