Amazon.com

5,000 Interview Reviews

3.3

Senior Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Amazon.com in October 2013.

A one-hour phone interview with collabedit sharing (a textedit window for typing source code). An interesting collaborative process for demonstrating things I knew about data structures (my interviewer knew other things). Questions tended to be about handling edge cases or corrupted data.

A one-day session at Amazon HQ with 6 interviewers, mostly on understanding of data systems; some detailed code expression for evolving a class through escalating requirements. Questions about previous problems (technical & social) and how I dealt with them.

Interview Questions
    • How did I deal with an intrasigent colleague. I gave the interviewer the choice of peer or superior, and answered the latter. Since the "solution" involved my changing teams then taking over the person's responsibilities, there was a definite awkward pause.   Answer Question

Software Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Amazon.com in October 2013.

Just the first round interview, I didn't get the question clearly. Later the recruiter told me they will choose others. Personally, I think it's unfair because the reject you just because the unuseful testing which some experienced guy will be failed because they haven't touch those knowledge for long time.
    But anyway, not my fault. I am the guy who can work well in real case but nervous when testing.
    Trust yourself and keep going, there are some better companies than amazon are waiting for you.

Interview Questions
    • The questions are not tough. Just because the phone interview is not the comfortable interview.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montreal, QC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montreal, QC

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Amazon.com.

Had initial interview with recruiter. After about two weeks had 2 technical interviews over the phone. Interviewers were very nice and tried to help, mostly discussing algorithms and presenting code solutions.
    In few weeks were offered to visit their office. Had about 5 interviews in a row, mostly technical and also with manager. Everybody was very friendly, open to discussions and questions.

Interview Questions
    • How would you solve performance issue in your application?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Amazon.com in September 2013.

Contacted through LinkedIn by recruiter. Signed up for a Hiring Event in Toronto. 15 minute phone conversation with Amazon recruiter. Hiring event consisted of 5 interviews, one with HR recruiter to go over HR issues related to working at Amazon. The other 4 were all technical. Was a pleasant experience overall. Interviewers were professional and cordial. Each lasted 45 minutes (exactly). The questions were pretty much as expected. Was told I would be contacted within 3 days whether they were going to offer position - all were for HQ at Seattle. I thought I did "ok". Though I stumbled a bit on the first interview.

They let me know they were not ready to offer me anything. No feedback, but they told me they wouldn't give feedback from the start.

Overall a pleasant experience. Seriously. :-)

Interview Questions
    • Signed a NDA. But nothing unexpected, and nothing too difficult, assuming you have been studying.   Answer Question

Software Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC

interviewed at Amazon.com in September 2013.

I applied online, and after six months, they sent me an email. We scheduled a meeting, it was with a Developer from Seattle, it was pretty good, some hard questions and background check, and after that we did a coding session using a collaboration board. After a week, they wold me that I did not passed the interview.

Software Developer Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Amazon.com.

Applied on college job website, and received an interview on campus. The result came out in the night after interview.

Interview Questions
    • Write a program which do a multiplication without using any built-in multiplication function. and optimize it.   View Answers (2)

Software Engineer Interview

interviewed at Amazon.com in August 2013.

I passed on to the second phone interview. General data structures questions about trees and sets.
    Problems:
    - Find the two elements of an array that sum up to a given sum
    - Find a loop in a graph

Software Engineer Interview

3 phone interview, 1 on-site interview

Software Development Engineer II Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Amazon.com in July 2013.

I was contacted by a recruiter the day after I applied through the Amazon careers page, and he booked a phone interview with a hiring manager. The interview was 1 hour long. It started with my experiences and for the coding part I was asked to solve a problem that involves some data structures.

Interview Questions
    • I solved the problem in Java, but the hiring manager was more into C or C++, and didn't have much knowledge in Java.   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Amazon.com.

I got an email asking for availability for a test. Once we agreed on date/time, they sent me one question and asked me to provide them complete working solution with run time complexity and some test cases (Including special cases).

Then then invited me for onsite interview

Interview Questions
    • Question was so easy and could be done in 30 minutes using all built-in container in C++ STL   Answer Question