Amazon.com

Relevance Date Difficulty

Very Difficult Interview

Business Intelligence Analyst Interview

Business Intelligence Analyst

I applied through an employee referral and interviewed at Amazon.com.

Interview Details The interview was conducted by a Business Intelligence Engineer. The process was so nice. When I didn't understand what the question is and asked the interviewee to repeat for me. He was very nice to say it again in another way. All questions are technical questions. 1. Talk about a project you enjoyed. 2. Questions about statistical modeling.

Interview Question – Given a dataset, only the first variable has been confirmed as an independent variable. There is no other info. How to build a model or run a regression?   Answer Question

Senior Developer Interview

Senior Developer
Vancouver, BC

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Amazon.com in October 2013.

Interview Details A one-hour phone interview with collabedit sharing (a textedit window for typing source code). An interesting collaborative process for demonstrating things I knew about data structures (my interviewer knew other things). Questions tended to be about handling edge cases or corrupted data.

A one-day session at Amazon HQ with 6 interviewers, mostly on understanding of data systems; some detailed code expression for evolving a class through escalating requirements. Questions about previous problems (technical & social) and how I dealt with them.

Interview Question – How did I deal with an intrasigent colleague. I gave the interviewer the choice of peer or superior, and answered the latter. Since the "solution" involved my changing teams then taking over the person's responsibilities, there was a definite awkward pause.   Answer Question

Toronto, ON

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Amazon.com in October 2013.

Interview Details Just the first round interview, I didn't get the question clearly. Later the recruiter told me they will choose others. Personally, I think it's unfair because the reject you just because the unuseful testing which some experienced guy will be failed because they haven't touch those knowledge for long time.
But anyway, not my fault. I am the guy who can work well in real case but nervous when testing.
Trust yourself and keep going, there are some better companies than amazon are waiting for you.

Interview Question – The questions are not tough. Just because the phone interview is not the comfortable interview.   Answer Question

Vancouver, BC

I interviewed at Amazon.com in September 2013.

Interview Details I applied online, and after six months, they sent me an email. We scheduled a meeting, it was with a Developer from Seattle, it was pretty good, some hard questions and background check, and after that we did a coding session using a collaboration board. After a week, they wold me that I did not passed the interview.

Interview Question – Differences on memory handling between C++ and Java.   Answer Question

Technical Project Manager Interview

Technical Project Manager
Montreal, QC

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Amazon.com in March 2013.

Interview Details Was first contacted by linkedin by Amazon recuriter
Then was requested to do a phone interview to learn about the culture of Amazon and things to expect
First tech interview was on phone, there was a slight mixup of time but was asked Hashtable question, programming in live with the interviewer
Second was invited to go to Montreal for interview was put at a hotel with all expenses paid.
Second round had 4 interviewers, 1st HR person offered me TPM position I wasnt going into the interview with TPM in mindset since it was a Senior Dev, but said I would be interested in TPM.

Interview Questions

• First question on parsing logs, finding most top 3 clicked links, as in a chain of links pg1 -> pg2 -> pg3, which has the most hits   View Answer
  • Some javascript questions on checkboxes, deselection a 3 state button   View Answer
  • Implement an LRU Cache, and a BST tree question   View Answer
  • Was asked all kinds of manager types questions, product etc motivations etc   View Answer
  • More on design how to scale, what architecture I would use for a web, how would I build a image upload site, messaging, queues etc   View Answer

Toronto, ON

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Amazon.com in September 2013.

Interview Details Contacted through LinkedIn by recruiter. Signed up for a Hiring Event in Toronto. 15 minute phone conversation with Amazon recruiter. Hiring event consisted of 5 interviews, one with HR recruiter to go over HR issues related to working at Amazon. The other 4 were all technical. Was a pleasant experience overall. Interviewers were professional and cordial. Each lasted 45 minutes (exactly). The questions were pretty much as expected. Was told I would be contacted within 3 days whether they were going to offer position - all were for HQ at Seattle. I thought I did "ok". Though I stumbled a bit on the first interview.

They let me know they were not ready to offer me anything. No feedback, but they told me they wouldn't give feedback from the start.

Overall a pleasant experience. Seriously. :-)

Interview Question – Signed a NDA. But nothing unexpected, and nothing too difficult, assuming you have been studying.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer

I interviewed at Amazon.com in August 2013.

Interview Details I passed on to the second phone interview. General data structures questions about trees and sets.
Problems:
- Find the two elements of an array that sum up to a given sum
- Find a loop in a graph

Interview Question – Find a loop in a graph   Answer Question

Montreal, QC

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Amazon.com.

Interview Details Had initial interview with recruiter. After about two weeks had 2 technical interviews over the phone. Interviewers were very nice and tried to help, mostly discussing algorithms and presenting code solutions.
In few weeks were offered to visit their office. Had about 5 interviews in a row, mostly technical and also with manager. Everybody was very friendly, open to discussions and questions.

Interview Question – How would you solve performance issue in your application?   Answer Question

Software Developer

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Amazon.com.

Interview Details Applied on college job website, and received an interview on campus. The result came out in the night after interview.

Interview Question – Write a program which do a multiplication without using any built-in multiplication function. and optimize it.   View Answers (2)

Vancouver, BC

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Amazon.com in June 2013.

Interview Details About two to three phone interviews and then in office interview at Seattle office. Amazon people are very friendly and smart and their questions make a lot of sense. I feel really good about the experience for interview at Amazon. I would be happy if they chose me for an in person interview at Seattle.

Interview Question – No difficult question. the interview walks you through the answer and helps along the way. Just be good at algorithms and some languages like C++ , java, etc.   Answer Question