Amazon.com

Relevance Date Difficulty

Software Development Engineer I Intern Interview

Software Development Engineer I Intern

Interviewed at Amazon.com

Interview Details Applied through the school co-op application system. Went through two out of three rounds of phone interviews before accepting an offer somewhere else. Both involved coding questions, the first was over the phone while the second was on seemikecode.com.

Interview Question – Implement code to calculate the Fibonacci number.   Answer Question

Software Development Engineer Interview

Software Development Engineer
Vancouver, BC

I interviewed at Amazon.com in April 2014.

Interview Details I just had the first round phone interview. It was 60 minutes. The interviewer asked about general information on the resume, followed about two data structure questions, and two coding questions. There was no tricky questions.

Interview Question – Two coding questions, one binary search tree, and one depth first search. I was asked to think about alternative ways to solve the second questions.   Answer Question

Software Development Engineer II Interview

Software Development Engineer II

I applied through another source and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Amazon.com in March 2014.

Interview Details Asked for a 90 minute phone interview after finding my resume online.

The call followed the pattern described by others here. There were several technical questions of medium difficulty. I was asked to write code for one in the language of my choice using a shared web page.

There was also a general discussion of an OO modelling problem.

There were no surprises or gotchas. The interviewer was not trying to be tricky. It was like an discussion you
might have at work about solving any problem.

Interview Question – The technical problems were of medium difficulty and not unsolvable. Just designed to show that you know how to think about software problems.   Answer Question

Software Development Engineer II Interview

Software Development Engineer II

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Amazon.com in July 2013.

Interview Details I was contacted by a recruiter the day after I applied through the Amazon careers page, and he booked a phone interview with a hiring manager. The interview was 1 hour long. It started with my experiences and for the coding part I was asked to solve a problem that involves some data structures.

Interview Question – I solved the problem in Java, but the hiring manager was more into C or C++, and didn't have much knowledge in Java.   Answer Question

Software Development Engineer Interview

Software Development Engineer

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Amazon.com.

Interview Details Applied through University Career Fair. Process took 2 days. First day was a 1-1 screening interview based on which received call for 2nd round for the next day. 2nd round was 3 1-1 interviews, each for 1 hour.

Interview Question – Questions on Graph problems.   Answer Question

Software Development Engineer Intern Interview

Software Development Engineer Intern

I applied through another source and the process took a day - interviewed at Amazon.com in March 2014.

Interview Details Two phone calls covering the following:
Phone call 1-
a. Write a function to remove the nth last element from a singly linked list
b. Edge cases
c. Tests for that function
d. Input and output validation using status codes
e. API design considerations and error handling for the function

Phone call 2-
a. Functions to reverse a linked list recursively and then iteratively
b. Determine if two strings are anagrams, various approaches, space and time complexity
c. Given two singly linked list heads, determine if they are merged
d. Find the merge point of the two lists
e. Test the merge/intersect function, consider edge cases
f. Space and time complexity for all algorithms and data structures questions

Interview Question – Most unexpected- Recruiter was difficult to reach and had about <12hrs warning before scheduling interview. The actual interviews went well- the engineers were easy to talk to and walked through the problem solving.   Answer Question

Software Development Engineer Intern Interview

Software Development Engineer Intern

I applied through college or university and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Amazon.com.

Interview Details They attended a local career fair at my university - I handed them my resume and was asked to apply online with a certain code for SDE Interns. I applied and received a call scheduled for the next following day to interview. Interviewed, and got the email offer within 4 days.

Interview Question – Very typical codeable question for an undergrad - something you would get from cracking the coding interview. Only one question was asked - I then chatted with both interviewers for 45 minutes each separately for two back-to-back interviews.   Answer Question

Software Development Engineer In Test Intern Interview

Software Development Engineer In Test Intern

I applied online and interviewed at Amazon.com.

Interview Details 2 phone interviews back to back

Interview Question – Good coding question   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Software Developer

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Amazon.com in January 2014.

Interview Details Like most people here, two 45 minutes back-to-back phone interviews by two engineers. First interview was full of conceptual questions and a lot on resume. Second was coding, like basic data structure and OO design.

Interview Question – almost average difficult, no too difficult one   Answer Question

Senior Product Manager Interview

Senior Product Manager

I applied online and interviewed at Amazon.com.

Interview Details I applied through Linkedin for the position of Senior Product Manager (AWS Mobile services). I received a screening phone call from the HR who referred me to the Product Director. During the call, I was asked many questions about my previous work experience. More questions about products that I like (IT or otherwise) and why. Customer orientation is a key during all interviews.
I was then referred to a product manager for a second interview. If you are not familiar with Case interviews, you should read "Case in Point". The interviewer asked about whether to invest in a service or discontinue it. The key is to show the line of though rather than an exact answer.
A third interview was set with another product manager. This time it was more specific about AWS products and what can be added to the line of products they offer and why. Another case was then brought forward "If you were to launch a back up cloud service, would you approve?"
I did not reach the next step of the interview process as I stumbled in my answer.

Interview Question – Do you recommend launching a cloud backup services?   Answer Question