Amazon.com

4,667 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Software Development Engineer II Interview

Software Development Engineer II

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Amazon.com in July 2013.

Interview Details I was contacted by a recruiter the day after I applied through the Amazon careers page, and he booked a phone interview with a hiring manager. The interview was 1 hour long. It started with my experiences and for the coding part I was asked to solve a problem that involves some data structures.

Interview Question – I solved the problem in Java, but the hiring manager was more into C or C++, and didn't have much knowledge in Java.   Answer Question

Software Development Engineer Interview

Software Development Engineer

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Amazon.com.

Interview Details Applied through University Career Fair. Process took 2 days. First day was a 1-1 screening interview based on which received call for 2nd round for the next day. 2nd round was 3 1-1 interviews, each for 1 hour.

Interview Question – Questions on Graph problems.   Answer Question

Software Development Engineer Intern Interview

Software Development Engineer Intern

I applied through another source and the process took a day - interviewed at Amazon.com in March 2014.

Interview Details Two phone calls covering the following:
Phone call 1-
a. Write a function to remove the nth last element from a singly linked list
b. Edge cases
c. Tests for that function
d. Input and output validation using status codes
e. API design considerations and error handling for the function

Phone call 2-
a. Functions to reverse a linked list recursively and then iteratively
b. Determine if two strings are anagrams, various approaches, space and time complexity
c. Given two singly linked list heads, determine if they are merged
d. Find the merge point of the two lists
e. Test the merge/intersect function, consider edge cases
f. Space and time complexity for all algorithms and data structures questions

Interview Question – Most unexpected- Recruiter was difficult to reach and had about <12hrs warning before scheduling interview. The actual interviews went well- the engineers were easy to talk to and walked through the problem solving.   Answer Question

Software Development Engineer Intern Interview

Software Development Engineer Intern

I applied through college or university and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Amazon.com.

Interview Details They attended a local career fair at my university - I handed them my resume and was asked to apply online with a certain code for SDE Interns. I applied and received a call scheduled for the next following day to interview. Interviewed, and got the email offer within 4 days.

Interview Question – Very typical codeable question for an undergrad - something you would get from cracking the coding interview. Only one question was asked - I then chatted with both interviewers for 45 minutes each separately for two back-to-back interviews.   Answer Question

Software Development Engineer In Test Intern Interview

Software Development Engineer In Test Intern

I applied online and interviewed at Amazon.com.

Interview Details 2 phone interviews back to back

Interview Question – Good coding question   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Software Developer

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Amazon.com in January 2014.

Interview Details Like most people here, two 45 minutes back-to-back phone interviews by two engineers. First interview was full of conceptual questions and a lot on resume. Second was coding, like basic data structure and OO design.

Interview Question – almost average difficult, no too difficult one   Answer Question

Senior Product Manager Interview

Senior Product Manager

I applied online and interviewed at Amazon.com.

Interview Details I applied through Linkedin for the position of Senior Product Manager (AWS Mobile services). I received a screening phone call from the HR who referred me to the Product Director. During the call, I was asked many questions about my previous work experience. More questions about products that I like (IT or otherwise) and why. Customer orientation is a key during all interviews.
I was then referred to a product manager for a second interview. If you are not familiar with Case interviews, you should read "Case in Point". The interviewer asked about whether to invest in a service or discontinue it. The key is to show the line of though rather than an exact answer.
A third interview was set with another product manager. This time it was more specific about AWS products and what can be added to the line of products they offer and why. Another case was then brought forward "If you were to launch a back up cloud service, would you approve?"
I did not reach the next step of the interview process as I stumbled in my answer.

Interview Question – Do you recommend launching a cloud backup services?   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Software Developer

I applied through an employee referral and interviewed at Amazon.com.

Interview Details Interview consisted of two phone-screens followed by a trip to Amazon's headquarters in Seattle. In Seattle, I interviewed with 5 or 6 different people, including my potential manager (over lunch) and one other team member. The rest of the interviews were with developers/dev managers from other teams at Amazon. Every interview was about an hour in length, and with the exception of the lunch interview were very technical, with lots of whiteboard coding.

Interview Question – None of the technical questions were standard CS questions - but they weren't that far off. There were list, graph, and other algorithm questions, but they were given in the context of an actual use case at Amazon, and then you needed to figure out what algorithm to use. For instance, I got the "How do you tell if a directed graph has a cycle?" question, but in the context of an Amazon use case.

That said, it might just be those set of Amazon reviewers - I have done Amazon interviews in the past for an intern position, where off-the-shelf questions with no Amazon veneer were used.
  View Answer

Software Engineer Intern Interview

Software Engineer Intern
Vancouver, BC

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Amazon.com in February 2014.

Interview Details 2 45 minutes back-to-back interviews

Interview Question – Tell me a specific problem you've met doing your project, and how you handled it.   Answer Question

Software Development Engineer Interview

Software Development Engineer
Vancouver, BC

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Amazon.com in January 2014.

Interview Details amazon team is coming to hire in Montreal,QC, prior to that they asked me to take the test, it was average three questions have to be completed in an hour but we are allowed to take more than an hour.hopefully will be selected for the interview here in Montreal

Interview Question – a primitive class having two string attributes and one attribute list of the class itself and then we have to get the each level's string variables's printed....   View Answers (2)

Negotiation Details – I am not done with hiring process yet, just one test is done.,,