Amazon.com Interview Questions & Reviews

4,813 interviews

3.3

Anonymous Employee  in  Toronto, ON
    Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON

I interviewed online. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Amazon.com in April 2014.

The process took two weeks. A recruiter contacted me and sent me an online assessment. There was 2 coding questions. They were easy. Also there was about 20 MCQ analytical thinking. They were very similar to question in SAT/GRE.
    They contacted me after 10 days that they chose other candidates.

Software Development Engineer I Intern Interview

Applied through the school co-op application system. Went through two out of three rounds of phone interviews before accepting an offer somewhere else. Both involved coding questions, the first was over the phone while the second was on seemikecode.com.

Anonymous Employee  in  Vancouver, BC
    Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC

interviewed at Amazon.com in April 2014.

I just had the first round phone interview. It was 60 minutes. The interviewer asked about general information on the resume, followed about two data structure questions, and two coding questions. There was no tricky questions.

Interview Questions
    • Two coding questions, one binary search tree, and one depth first search. I was asked to think about alternative ways to solve the second questions.   Answer Question

Software Development Engineer II Interview

I interviewed through other source. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Amazon.com in March 2014.

Asked for a 90 minute phone interview after finding my resume online.

The call followed the pattern described by others here. There were several technical questions of medium difficulty. I was asked to write code for one in the language of my choice using a shared web page.

There was also a general discussion of an OO modelling problem.

There were no surprises or gotchas. The interviewer was not trying to be tricky. It was like an discussion you
    might have at work about solving any problem.

Interview Questions
    • The technical problems were of medium difficulty and not unsolvable. Just designed to show that you know how to think about software problems.   Answer Question

Software Development Engineer II Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Amazon.com in July 2013.

I was contacted by a recruiter the day after I applied through the Amazon careers page, and he booked a phone interview with a hiring manager. The interview was 1 hour long. It started with my experiences and for the coding part I was asked to solve a problem that involves some data structures.

Interview Questions
    • I solved the problem in Java, but the hiring manager was more into C or C++, and didn't have much knowledge in Java.   Answer Question

Software Development Engineer Interview

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Amazon.com.

Applied through University Career Fair. Process took 2 days. First day was a 1-1 screening interview based on which received call for 2nd round for the next day. 2nd round was 3 1-1 interviews, each for 1 hour.

Software Development Engineer Intern Interview

I interviewed through other source. The process took a day - interviewed at Amazon.com in March 2014.

Two phone calls covering the following:
    Phone call 1-
    a. Write a function to remove the nth last element from a singly linked list
    b. Edge cases
    c. Tests for that function
    d. Input and output validation using status codes
    e. API design considerations and error handling for the function

Phone call 2-
    a. Functions to reverse a linked list recursively and then iteratively
    b. Determine if two strings are anagrams, various approaches, space and time complexity
    c. Given two singly linked list heads, determine if they are merged
    d. Find the merge point of the two lists
    e. Test the merge/intersect function, consider edge cases
    f. Space and time complexity for all algorithms and data structures questions

Interview Questions
    • Most unexpected- Recruiter was difficult to reach and had about <12hrs warning before scheduling interview. The actual interviews went well- the engineers were easy to talk to and walked through the problem solving.   Answer Question

Software Development Engineer Intern Interview

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Amazon.com.

They attended a local career fair at my university - I handed them my resume and was asked to apply online with a certain code for SDE Interns. I applied and received a call scheduled for the next following day to interview. Interviewed, and got the email offer within 4 days.

Interview Questions
    • Very typical codeable question for an undergrad - something you would get from cracking the coding interview. Only one question was asked - I then chatted with both interviewers for 45 minutes each separately for two back-to-back interviews.   Answer Question

Software Development Engineer In Test Intern Interview

I interviewed online - interviewed at Amazon.com.

2 phone interviews back to back

Software Developer Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Amazon.com in January 2014.

Like most people here, two 45 minutes back-to-back phone interviews by two engineers. First interview was full of conceptual questions and a lot on resume. Second was coding, like basic data structure and OO design.