Amazon.com

Getting the Interview

4,140 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Vancouver, BC

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Amazon.com in January 2014.

Interview Details amazon team is coming to hire in Montreal,QC, prior to that they asked me to take the test, it was average three questions have to be completed in an hour but we are allowed to take more than an hour.hopefully will be selected for the interview here in Montreal

Interview Question – a primitive class having two string attributes and one attribute list of the class itself and then we have to get the each level's string variables's printed....   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I am not done with hiring process yet, just one test is done.,,

Intern Interview

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Amazon.com.

Interview Details After submitting my resume, I received an e-mail from their recruiter inviting me to an interview. They were doing interviews at my university on specific days, so I was asked to choose one of those days and specify a time slot that works for me.

At the interview, there were two Amazon engineers in separate rooms and I had to do a 30-minute one-on-one interview with each of them. They weren't notably friendly, but both were very polite and respectful. The interview consisted mostly of technical programming questions - there were probably only 2 or 3 general questions.

Interview Question – You have a file with 4 billion integers. Find an integer that doesn't exist in the file, given that you have very little available memory on your computer.   View Answers (5)

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer
Montreal, QC

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at Amazon.com in March 2013.

Interview Details I met them in person in Montreal where they held a career fair. They reached to me via LinkedIn. I had 4 one-hour interviews back to back in an hotel room.

Interview Question – Be prepared to have technical questions based on algorithms and date structures like binary trees, but also for product-oriented questions like "how would you revamp the main page of Amazon"   Answer Question

Very Difficult Interview

Business Intelligence Analyst Interview

Business Intelligence Analyst

I applied through an employee referral and interviewed at Amazon.com.

Interview Details The interview was conducted by a Business Intelligence Engineer. The process was so nice. When I didn't understand what the question is and asked the interviewee to repeat for me. He was very nice to say it again in another way. All questions are technical questions. 1. Talk about a project you enjoyed. 2. Questions about statistical modeling.

Interview Question – Given a dataset, only the first variable has been confirmed as an independent variable. There is no other info. How to build a model or run a regression?   Answer Question

Software Development Engineer
Toronto, ON

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Amazon.com in October 2013.

Interview Details Just the first round interview, I didn't get the question clearly. Later the recruiter told me they will choose others. Personally, I think it's unfair because the reject you just because the unuseful testing which some experienced guy will be failed because they haven't touch those knowledge for long time.
But anyway, not my fault. I am the guy who can work well in real case but nervous when testing.
Trust yourself and keep going, there are some better companies than amazon are waiting for you.

Interview Question – The questions are not tough. Just because the phone interview is not the comfortable interview.   Answer Question

Software Development Engineer
Vancouver, BC

I interviewed at Amazon.com in September 2013.

Interview Details I applied online, and after six months, they sent me an email. We scheduled a meeting, it was with a Developer from Seattle, it was pretty good, some hard questions and background check, and after that we did a coding session using a collaboration board. After a week, they wold me that I did not passed the interview.

Interview Question – Differences on memory handling between C++ and Java.   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Software Developer
Toronto, ON

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Amazon.com in September 2013.

Interview Details Contacted through LinkedIn by recruiter. Signed up for a Hiring Event in Toronto. 15 minute phone conversation with Amazon recruiter. Hiring event consisted of 5 interviews, one with HR recruiter to go over HR issues related to working at Amazon. The other 4 were all technical. Was a pleasant experience overall. Interviewers were professional and cordial. Each lasted 45 minutes (exactly). The questions were pretty much as expected. Was told I would be contacted within 3 days whether they were going to offer position - all were for HQ at Seattle. I thought I did "ok". Though I stumbled a bit on the first interview.

They let me know they were not ready to offer me anything. No feedback, but they told me they wouldn't give feedback from the start.

Overall a pleasant experience. Seriously. :-)

Interview Question – Signed a NDA. But nothing unexpected, and nothing too difficult, assuming you have been studying.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer

I interviewed at Amazon.com in August 2013.

Interview Details I passed on to the second phone interview. General data structures questions about trees and sets.
Problems:
- Find the two elements of an array that sum up to a given sum
- Find a loop in a graph

Interview Question – Find a loop in a graph   Answer Question

Technical Project Manager Interview

Technical Project Manager
Montreal, QC

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Amazon.com in March 2013.

Interview Details Was first contacted by linkedin by Amazon recuriter
Then was requested to do a phone interview to learn about the culture of Amazon and things to expect
First tech interview was on phone, there was a slight mixup of time but was asked Hashtable question, programming in live with the interviewer
Second was invited to go to Montreal for interview was put at a hotel with all expenses paid.
Second round had 4 interviewers, 1st HR person offered me TPM position I wasnt going into the interview with TPM in mindset since it was a Senior Dev, but said I would be interested in TPM.

Interview Questions

• First question on parsing logs, finding most top 3 clicked links, as in a chain of links pg1 -> pg2 -> pg3, which has the most hits   View Answer
  • Some javascript questions on checkboxes, deselection a 3 state button   View Answer
  • Implement an LRU Cache, and a BST tree question   View Answer
  • Was asked all kinds of manager types questions, product etc motivations etc   View Answer
  • More on design how to scale, what architecture I would use for a web, how would I build a image upload site, messaging, queues etc   View Answer

Software Developer Interview

Software Developer
Montreal, QC

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Amazon.com.

Interview Details Had initial interview with recruiter. After about two weeks had 2 technical interviews over the phone. Interviewers were very nice and tried to help, mostly discussing algorithms and presenting code solutions.
In few weeks were offered to visit their office. Had about 5 interviews in a row, mostly technical and also with manager. Everybody was very friendly, open to discussions and questions.

Interview Question – How would you solve performance issue in your application?   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Amazon.com