Amazon.com

Average Difficulty
85 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Intern

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Amazon.com.

Interview Details After submitting my resume, I received an e-mail from their recruiter inviting me to an interview. They were doing interviews at my university on specific days, so I was asked to choose one of those days and specify a time slot that works for me.

At the interview, there were two Amazon engineers in separate rooms and I had to do a 30-minute one-on-one interview with each of them. They weren't notably friendly, but both were very polite and respectful. The interview consisted mostly of technical programming questions - there were probably only 2 or 3 general questions.

Interview Question – You have a file with 4 billion integers. Find an integer that doesn't exist in the file, given that you have very little available memory on your computer.   View Answers (5)

Interviewed at Amazon.com

Interview Details The interviewer straight up asked to solve coding questions and didn't give any time for introductions or discussing about what I'd done. He was typing something on the laptop the whole time and was very slow in responding to questions, he was almost oblivious to the fact that I was sitting in front of him and trying to tell him something. He chucked aside any alternate solutions I gave to him and wanted me to come up with the exact algorithm he wanted.

Interview Question – Large File Handling   Answer Question

Interviewed at Amazon.com

Interview Details I applied through my college or university in July 2014, the company came to the campus and the selection process consisted of multiple rounds.
Internship interview details:
First Round:
It consisted of an online test including aptitude and technical(coding). The test had 22 questions on C, C++, Computer Networks, Operating Systems, Data Structures and logical and quantitative ability. There were two coding questions also which had to be coded in either C,C++ or Java.
Second and further rounds consisted of technical and HR interviews by the company.
The duration of the internship was from six months to an year.

Interview Question – The coding questions were of medium difficulty level and one of them demanded to write the balancing code snippet for a binary tree to check whether it is balanced or not.   Answer Question

Paris (France)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Amazon.com.

Interview Details I get in touch with Human Resources thanks to a forum of enterprises, that I attended in my university, were I did a first interview. After I was contacted to have a face to face interview with 3 different managers from inbound outbound areas in a Warehouse, this interviews were normal, without any difficult question but finally I was not taken because they prefer french speakers with a bilingual level

Interview Question – Nothing, all was expected.   Answer Question

Intern

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Amazon.com in February 2014.

Interview Details two interviews - on phone.

Interview Question – determine if two strings have the same suffix. The strings will be given in a list format
eg : C -> A -> P -> A -> B -> L -> E
  Answer Question

London, England (UK)

Interviewed at Amazon.com

Interview Details After completing a written exercise, I was invited for a telephone interview. The interview wasn't too difficult. There were few questions about my degree and my experience with teamwork.

Interview Question – Tell me when you improved a product, despite you were receiving a positive feedback from customers.   Answer Question

Interviewed at Amazon.com

Interview Details Its on campus interview for intern. Applied on campus recruit market.

Interview Question – two algorithm questions, one of them is given a string, substitute special chars. give all possible results.
 like substitute 'a' and 'o' from amazon, then the possible answer should be:
AmAzon, amazOn, AmAzOn
  Answer Question

Intern

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Amazon.com in February 2014.

Interview Details Had 2 rounds of phone interview (each for 45 min).Both the interviews were technical.I was asked to write code for general data structures questions(linked lists,binary trees).
In first round I was asked to wrte code for Reversing a linked list,finding intersection of two linked lists,reversing a string, hash tables and some pointer questions.In second round I was asked about my projects and a card problem

Interview Question – i faced difficulty while writing the code as I have to explain him what I was doing at the same time.A little bit of practise would have helped.   Answer Question

West Lafayette, IN (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Amazon.com in February 2014.

Interview Details I appliyed in a job fair at my university. The process took 3 weeks. A interview was scheduled by the recruiter a week after the fair.
I had two back-to-back technical interviews.
The first interviewer preferred me to write the answers on paper and was more strict. The second one was more relaxed and let me use the board.

Interview Question – Given a amount of money, write code to show how many ways there are to represent that quantity with coins.   Answer Question

Pittsburgh, PA (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Amazon.com in March 2014.

Interview Details Applied through campus recruiting. Two interviews on campus. Didn't seem to be very organized.

Was also asked to sign an NDA.

Interview Question – Nothing particularly hard.   Answer Question

Worked for Amazon.com? Contribute to the Community!