Amazon.com

Updated 12 Dec, 2014

3.3

88 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Amazon.com.

After submitting my resume, I received an e-mail from their recruiter inviting me to an interview. They were doing interviews at my university on specific days, so I was asked to choose one of those days and specify a time slot that works for me.

At the interview, there were two Amazon engineers in separate rooms and I had to do a 30-minute one-on-one interview with each of them. They weren't notably friendly, but both were very polite and respectful. The interview consisted mostly of technical programming questions - there were probably only 2 or 3 general questions.

Interview Questions
  • You have a file with 4 billion integers. Find an integer that doesn't exist in the file, given that you have very little available memory on your computer.   View Answers (5)

Other Interview Reviews for Amazon.com

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA (US)

interviewed at Amazon.com in October 2014.

It was a good experience. I had a phone interview during which I was asked about basic Machine Learning algorithms and a programming question. The interview was for almost an hour. The questions were more situation based and the interview was friendly.

Interview Questions
    • write an algorithm to calculate the edit distance between two strings   Answer Question

Intern Interview

The interviewer straight up asked to solve coding questions and didn't give any time for introductions or discussing about what I'd done. He was typing something on the laptop the whole time and was very slow in responding to questions, he was almost oblivious to the fact that I was sitting in front of him and trying to tell him something. He chucked aside any alternate solutions I gave to him and wanted me to come up with the exact algorithm he wanted.

Intern Interview

I applied through my college or university in July 2014, the company came to the campus and the selection process consisted of multiple rounds.
    Internship interview details:
    First Round:
    It consisted of an online test including aptitude and technical(coding). The test had 22 questions on C, C++, Computer Networks, Operating Systems, Data Structures and logical and quantitative ability. There were two coding questions also which had to be coded in either C,C++ or Java.
    Second and further rounds consisted of technical and HR interviews by the company.
    The duration of the internship was from six months to an year.

Interview Questions
    • The coding questions were of medium difficulty level and one of them demanded to write the balancing code snippet for a binary tree to check whether it is balanced or not.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Amazon.com in July 2014.

Had a referral from a linkedin recruiter. I had a phone interview with someone from the corporate office within a couple weeks. It was mostly problem solving and behavioral questions

Interview Questions
    • Where would you put a inventory/distribution center and why? Name some of the products you are familiar with, what is your favorite product.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

After completing a written exercise, I was invited for a telephone interview. The interview wasn't too difficult. There were few questions about my degree and my experience with teamwork.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me when you improved a product, despite you were receiving a positive feedback from customers.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Its on campus interview for intern. Applied on campus recruit market.

Interview Questions
    • two algorithm questions, one of them is given a string, substitute special chars. give all possible results.
       like substitute 'a' and 'o' from amazon, then the possible answer should be:
      AmAzon, amazOn, AmAzOn

Answer Question

Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Amazon.com.

Got interviewed for software intern. It was a relatively simple interview with lot of emphasis on data structures. Was asked questions regarding basic data structures and made to write 2 programs based on it.

Interview Questions
    • Few of the questions regarding the complexity were little tricky.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Amazon.com in March 2014.

The process was quick, took less than 3 weeks to schedule a phone interview. The HR interviewed me over phone. There were few regular open questions, like introduce your research, when would you be available. Nothing technical, no difficult or unexpected questions. The interview was easy and the interviewee was friendly.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Amazon.com in March 2014.

Applied through campus recruiting. Two interviews on campus. Didn't seem to be very organized.

Was also asked to sign an NDA.