Amazon.com

Updated 26 Feb, 2015
Updated 26 Feb, 2015

3.3

Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Amazon.com.

After submitting my resume, I received an e-mail from their recruiter inviting me to an interview. They were doing interviews at my university on specific days, so I was asked to choose one of those days and specify a time slot that works for me.

At the interview, there were two Amazon engineers in separate rooms and I had to do a 30-minute one-on-one interview with each of them. They weren't notably friendly, but both were very polite and respectful. The interview consisted mostly of technical programming questions - there were probably only 2 or 3 general questions.

Interview Questions
  • You have a file with 4 billion integers. Find an integer that doesn't exist in the file, given that you have very little available memory on your computer.   View Answers (5)

Other Interview Reviews for Amazon.com

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in UC Berkeley, CA (US)
    Anonymous Employee in UC Berkeley, CA (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Amazon.com in February 2015.

Basic interview, talked up and down resume. They then asked me some basic software questions about stacks, queues, graphs, etc. We then discussed some of the standard behavioral questions. Second interview was more of the same but this one was more of a conversation than interview with only one real problem posed.

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Amazon.com in February 2015.

2 x 30 min interviews on campus for summer internships. Both interviewers looked fairly disinterested in the whole thing although to be fair they had done a day of interviewing. The questions were as expected - tell me about a complex problem, tell me about a time you didn't meet a commitment, tell me about your greatest achievement.

Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Amazon.com.

Applied and had a deadline, but they were very accomadating. I had two 45 minute interviews both technical. I had two different people and I believe that they were on the same team. I messed up on a qeustion about queues and stacks

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA (US)

interviewed at Amazon.com in October 2014.

It was a good experience. I had a phone interview during which I was asked about basic Machine Learning algorithms and a programming question. The interview was for almost an hour. The questions were more situation based and the interview was friendly.

Interview Questions
    • write an algorithm to calculate the edit distance between two strings   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Amazon.com in September 2014.

I was interviewed by someone who had only been working at amazon for a year or so. The usual questions were asked (why amazon, why do you think you would be a good fit etc) but I had to reply in a lot of detail and was asked to 'further explain' a lot and be very precise.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you went out of your way for a customer.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

The interviewer straight up asked to solve coding questions and didn't give any time for introductions or discussing about what I'd done. He was typing something on the laptop the whole time and was very slow in responding to questions, he was almost oblivious to the fact that I was sitting in front of him and trying to tell him something. He chucked aside any alternate solutions I gave to him and wanted me to come up with the exact algorithm he wanted.

Intern Interview

I applied through my college or university in July 2014, the company came to the campus and the selection process consisted of multiple rounds.
    Internship interview details:
    First Round:
    It consisted of an online test including aptitude and technical(coding). The test had 22 questions on C, C++, Computer Networks, Operating Systems, Data Structures and logical and quantitative ability. There were two coding questions also which had to be coded in either C,C++ or Java.
    Second and further rounds consisted of technical and HR interviews by the company.
    The duration of the internship was from six months to an year.

Interview Questions
    • The coding questions were of medium difficulty level and one of them demanded to write the balancing code snippet for a binary tree to check whether it is balanced or not.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Amazon.com in July 2014.

Had a referral from a linkedin recruiter. I had a phone interview with someone from the corporate office within a couple weeks. It was mostly problem solving and behavioral questions

Interview Questions
    • Where would you put a inventory/distribution center and why? Name some of the products you are familiar with, what is your favorite product.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

After completing a written exercise, I was invited for a telephone interview. The interview wasn't too difficult. There were few questions about my degree and my experience with teamwork.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me when you improved a product, despite you were receiving a positive feedback from customers.   Answer Question