Allstate

Getting the Interview

3 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Leadership Development Program Interview

I applied through college or university and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Allstate.

Interview Details The initial Hiring process was by far the hardest part of the entire situation. From the start at the career fair, you have to really stand out and make a great impression. If your credentials (coming right out of college) aren't great, chances are you probably won't get picked. With that being said, I found that if the HR recruiter likes you, the work you've done, and you show obvious signs of leadership at the career fair, you've gotten through the hardest part in the process. I interviewed with HR twice, got a call back a couple of weeks later (grueling, but be patient) and went to HQ to interview with 2 senior managers. The trick is (everyone says this) be yourself. If you aren't comfortable with this, it will show, and your interview is probably going to be terrible. You were picked because of your character and abilities, don't change just to sound right at an interview.

Interview Question – Would you be willing to relocate for this position?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I'm not sure I negotiated. To reiterate, I was coming out of college, and was offered a fairly decent salary that was difficult to turn away from. I wouldn't recommend it.

Leadership Development Program Interview

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at Allstate in October 2013.

Interview Details Process began with an on-campus interview shortly after career fair. It was essentially a 45 minute 3 on 1 grilling of behavioral questions. Since it is their Leadership Development Program, they want to see examples of how you were a leader. You should have a bunch of examples at your disposal about how you've been a leader and really made an impact. Though the program mandates you have a 3.5, they'll gladly take somebody with a 3.5 or 3.6 and those really good leadership traits over someone with a 3.7 or 3.8. Second round was at the office in Northbrook where they were more trying to sell Allstate to you, only had 2 20 minute interviews

Interview Question – What does it mean to you to be "great?"   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Did not negotiate, entry level position

Leadership Development Program Interview

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Allstate.

Interview Details Allstate recruits heavily at some colleges for their leadership development program. First step is a short interview using BDA style. You should have several examples of real-world experience that you can apply to a number of different questions fresh in your head before heading into the interview. They are looking for people with lots of recent work/internship experience, so don't bother applying if you have neither.

Interview Question – Name a time when a group you were a part of was not functioning properly - how did you respond?   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Allstate

Worked for Allstate? Contribute to the Community!

Allstate Videos

Allstate – Why Work for Us?

We do everything we can to encourage, enhance, provide tools and promote growth in ways that are good for all, so we reach greater heights together. You’ll be part of a company that’s innovating new products and… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Allstate Leadership Development Program interview questions and advice. All 3 interview reviews posted anonymously by Allstate employees and interview candidates.