Allstate

Updated Aug 26, 2014
424 interviews

2.8

Insurance Customer Service Representative Interview

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months - interviewed at Allstate.

Company looks very highly on referrals from current employees. First interview is just to get to know the manager and if they like you, they will have you do an online personality test to see how you would fit in. You will then have an interview with HR, typically an hour where they ask questions based on your relevant work experience(ie tell me about a time when you...). If you pass, a third interview is typically done again by the hiring manager and a job is offered. People are very good to work with , good atmosphere.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing too difficult, but be careful with online personality test as it has a lot of weight in the deciding process and if you score low you will not have an interview.   Answer Question
    They have base salaries so typically there will not be much negotiation. They do pay full salary for your training/studying and will pay for your test.

Accountant Interview

I interviewed through a staffing agency - interviewed at Allstate.

Initial HR phone screening, then face to face interview with HR, then 1-on-1 interview with department hiring manager and a follow up interview with the director next week.
    Decision rendered within 2 weeks.

Interview Questions
    • Relaxed interviews, questions about work ethics and work methods, handling difficult situations, career aspirations etc.   Answer Question
    Not much room for salary negotiation but was able to get additional vacation time

Claim Support Interview

I interviewed through other source - interviewed at Allstate.

Got Transferred over from another position/site. Did not have an interview for this position. No one want to do this job. That's why it was it was outsourced to another company.Just showed up and the manager transferred me over to another location without consulting with me first.

Underwriter Interview

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Allstate in July 2010.

phone interview and personal interview

nothing

Allstate Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Ottawa, ON
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ottawa, ON

I interviewed through an employee referral - interviewed at Allstate.

Phone Interview , than in Agency interview with Manager

Interview Questions
    • none, she was very laid back. Very typical interview questions   Answer Question
    negotiated vacation and salary

Administrative Assistant Interview

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Allstate.

No pats on the back once you're hired. No appreciation beyond the pay check.
    Interviews are many, and will take sometimes months to hear back after an interview. Interviews are conducted according to what the particular manager finds important. Could be behavioural, goal setting, problem solving.. depending on position.

Human Resources Director Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Montreal, QC
    Anonymous Employee in Montreal, QC

I interviewed online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Allstate in March 2010.

Interviewers must be cognizant of the impact they make to the interviewees in regards to the company. It does leave a lasting impression and most definitely affects the company's reputation and sales. I was interviewed by a senior HR individual in the organization. This person was unprofessional, arrogant and was unable to ask conceivable questions. As I left the office, an employee communicated to me that this high level HR executive does not greet anyone and basically no one know's him.

I will never think of purchasing their products and will definitely discourage anyone from applying for a position or purchasing from them.

Interview Questions
    • This interview did not ask any questions, they wanted the interviewee to ask the questions.   Answer Question

Licensed Sales Producer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Mississauga, ON
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mississauga, ON

I interviewed through other source. The process took 4 days - interviewed at Allstate in April 2009.

I was reached by phone , scheduled interview then unfoftunately rescheduled by the manager. It went well T
    the trick is be yourself and be honest . Another imp thing is review your resume before you enter for the
    company and the most imp to be confident. Donot over exerate or be over confident which will show that you are making up things

Easy to handle

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Northbrook, IL (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Northbrook, IL (US)

interviewed at Allstate in June 2014.

Had a phone interview after I applied online through my University's database. Then I had an interview on their campus in Northbrook, meeting with 5-6 different people. All were very fair, behavioral-based questions.

Interview Questions
    • Talk about a time where you had to improve an existing process in order to achieve a desired outcome.   Answer Question

IT Project Manager Interview

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Allstate.

The environments was relaxed, people were friendly. Interview was easy. I had a phone screen then an in-person interview that lasted maybe 30 minutes. I initially started off as a contractor and then was hired on after month. For most UX, design positions they typically start people off as a contractor.

Interview Questions
    • None of the questions were difficult. The hiring manager really just probed in my work style, time management and the different projects I had experience managing.   Answer Question
    Yes, I was able to negotiate, which was frustrating because my recruiter did not help at all. But I had a direct conversation with the hiring manager.

Worked for Allstate? Contribute to the Community!