Allstate

Updated 24 Oct, 2014
Updated 24 Oct, 2014

2.7

Insurance Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Allstate.

Company looks very highly on referrals from current employees. First interview is just to get to know the manager and if they like you, they will have you do an online personality test to see how you would fit in. You will then have an interview with HR, typically an hour where they ask questions based on your relevant work experience(ie tell me about a time when you...). If you pass, a third interview is typically done again by the hiring manager and a job is offered. People are very good to work with , good atmosphere.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing too difficult, but be careful with online personality test as it has a lot of weight in the deciding process and if you score low you will not have an interview.   Answer Question
    They have base salaries so typically there will not be much negotiation. They do pay full salary for your training/studying and will pay for your test.

Accountant Interview

I applied through a staffing agency – interviewed at Allstate.

Initial HR phone screening, then face to face interview with HR, then 1-on-1 interview with department hiring manager and a follow up interview with the director next week.
    Decision rendered within 2 weeks.

Interview Questions
    • Relaxed interviews, questions about work ethics and work methods, handling difficult situations, career aspirations etc.   Answer Question
    Not much room for salary negotiation but was able to get additional vacation time

Claim Support Interview

I applied through other source – interviewed at Allstate.

Got Transferred over from another position/site. Did not have an interview for this position. No one want to do this job. That's why it was it was outsourced to another company.Just showed up and the manager transferred me over to another location without consulting with me first.

Allstate Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ottawa, ON
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ottawa, ON

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Allstate.

Phone Interview , than in Agency interview with Manager

Interview Questions
    • none, she was very laid back. Very typical interview questions   Answer Question
    negotiated vacation and salary

Administrative Assistant Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Allstate.

No pats on the back once you're hired. No appreciation beyond the pay check.
    Interviews are many, and will take sometimes months to hear back after an interview. Interviews are conducted according to what the particular manager finds important. Could be behavioural, goal setting, problem solving.. depending on position.

Underwriter Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Allstate in July 2010.

phone interview and personal interview

nothing

Human Resources Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montreal, QC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montreal, QC

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Allstate in March 2010.

Interviewers must be cognizant of the impact they make to the interviewees in regards to the company. It does leave a lasting impression and most definitely affects the company's reputation and sales. I was interviewed by a senior HR individual in the organization. This person was unprofessional, arrogant and was unable to ask conceivable questions. As I left the office, an employee communicated to me that this high level HR executive does not greet anyone and basically no one know's him.

I will never think of purchasing their products and will definitely discourage anyone from applying for a position or purchasing from them.

Interview Questions
    • This interview did not ask any questions, they wanted the interviewee to ask the questions.   Answer Question

Licensed Sales Producer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mississauga, ON
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mississauga, ON

I applied through other source. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Allstate in April 2009.

I was reached by phone , scheduled interview then unfoftunately rescheduled by the manager. It went well T
    the trick is be yourself and be honest . Another imp thing is review your resume before you enter for the
    company and the most imp to be confident. Donot over exerate or be over confident which will show that you are making up things

Easy to handle

Data Scientist Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Allstate.

Three basic steps to the process, I was referred by a friend to the job opening. First you talk to HR and they gauge your general fit to the position. While I did not have experience, my technical background fit the job requirements well so I passed. Second was a phone interview of a predictive modeling case study as well as some simple analytical questions. If you pass that portion of the interview, they will fly you into the office for an in person interview.

The in person interview lasts for a good part of the day (8:00am - 2:00pm). It will be split into a few 1 hour sessions as well as a few 30 minute sessions which involve giving a presentation, coding, modeling case study, as well as basic behavioral questions. Typically a decision will be made on the day of the interview by end of day, but it can take a few days for the results to get back to you.

Interview Questions
    • Recall a time where you had a problem with a colleague, how did you resolve the conflict?   Answer Question
    Not much negotiation, it was for an entry level position. I was offered something slightly higher.

Inside Property Claims Adjuster Interview

The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Allstate.

Online questionnaire then online testing most 10 years could defeat phone call from confused in house hr to set up in person. In person was 2 party interview one party to take notes the other to stumble mumble and become dry mouthed to point of chocking. Oh boy

Interview Questions
    • 3 standards turn a negative into positive time of conflict with management and p standing or sitting   Answer Question