Allstate

Relevance Date Difficulty

Very Easy Interview

Claim Support Interview

Claim Support

I applied through another source and interviewed at Allstate.

Interview Details Got Transferred over from another position/site. Did not have an interview for this position. No one want to do this job. That's why it was it was outsourced to another company.Just showed up and the manager transferred me over to another location without consulting with me first.

Interview Question – Would you take a pay cut?   Answer Question

Underwriter Interview

Underwriter

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Allstate in July 2010.

Interview Details phone interview and personal interview

Negotiation Details – nothing

Allstate Agent Interview

Allstate Agent
Ottawa, ON

I applied through an employee referral and interviewed at Allstate.

Interview Details Phone Interview , than in Agency interview with Manager

Interview Question – none, she was very laid back. Very typical interview questions   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – negotiated vacation and salary

Administrative Assistant Interview

Administrative Assistant

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Allstate.

Interview Details No pats on the back once you're hired. No appreciation beyond the pay check.
Interviews are many, and will take sometimes months to hear back after an interview. Interviews are conducted according to what the particular manager finds important. Could be behavioural, goal setting, problem solving.. depending on position.

Human Resources Director Interview

Human Resources Director
Montreal, QC

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Allstate in March 2010.

Interview Details Interviewers must be cognizant of the impact they make to the interviewees in regards to the company. It does leave a lasting impression and most definitely affects the company's reputation and sales. I was interviewed by a senior HR individual in the organization. This person was unprofessional, arrogant and was unable to ask conceivable questions. As I left the office, an employee communicated to me that this high level HR executive does not greet anyone and basically no one know's him.

I will never think of purchasing their products and will definitely discourage anyone from applying for a position or purchasing from them.

Interview Question – This interview did not ask any questions, they wanted the interviewee to ask the questions.   Answer Question

Licensed Sales Producer Interview

Licensed Sales Producer
Mississauga, ON

I applied through another source and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Allstate in April 2009.

Interview Details I was reached by phone , scheduled interview then unfoftunately rescheduled by the manager. It went well T
the trick is be yourself and be honest . Another imp thing is review your resume before you enter for the
company and the most imp to be confident. Donot over exerate or be over confident which will show that you are making up things

Interview Question – what are your weakness?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Easy to handle

Very Easy Interview

Claims Adjuster Interview

Claims Adjuster
Woodridge, IL (US)

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Allstate in July 2014.

Interview Details Honestly, it was a very pleasant and easy interview. I spoke with two gentlemen who were the heads of the liability claims department, and they were both very easygoing and cool. Although Allstate is a huge company, the demeanor of everything was laid-back. Both of the men took a "we have to ask you these silly questions because it's a job interview" approach, but they still ask many questions that are less robotic and more individualized. They made nearly everything about the position clear. I really liked that they told me what the other recent hires were like - it gave me an idea of how my qualifications matched up with those who are entry-level college grads like me. I only interviewed yesterday and am waiting for a call back, but regardless if I get an offer, it was a very simple interview that increased my confidence and the appeal with working for the company.

Interview Question – None were difficult. They were all customer service related. How do you handle stress at work, how do you handle an unhappy customer, have you ever dealt with a big change at work, etc.   View Answer

Intern Interview

Intern
Northbrook, IL (US)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Allstate in December 2013.

Interview Details Initial communication was with an officer in my area, through him the position became available and I was given a link to apply online by a recruiter. I emailed several times with her before conducting a phone-screen interview. I made clear my interview requirements, which needed to be after the school semester was over, and Allstate was more than accommodating. On my interview day I was taken to my area by the intern lead where I interviewed with 5 senior-level directors in my department to determine which team would provide the best mutual fit.

Interview Question – My interviews served less of a case study and more of "tell me about yourself" conversations to determine best fit. The most difficult part was thinking on the spot to tie my experiences into the different teams whose responsibilities were unknown to me prior.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation as this was the position I was seeking

QR&A Interview

QR&A

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Allstate in April 2014.

Interview Details I completed three interviews for my internship, which seemed a bit intense for a rising sophomore in college. The first was with my recruiter, the next was a phone interview with three members of the team that I am on (including my manager and his boss). The third was an in office interview with various members of the team composed of a presentation, behavioral interview and case simulation.

Interview Question – The behavioral interview was standard; however, it was the most difficult to complete.   Answer Question

Applications Developer Interview

Applications Developer

I applied through another source and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Allstate in November 2013.

Interview Details Got connected with Allstate through and career fair at my University - through this fair it was very easy to submit my resume. They did a mini interview there on the spot. I got called back to an 'interview day' or something like that. There was two interviews, a behavioral and a technical. Both were a half hour long. Behavioral, they asked only 2 questions, so we had to be able to talk for 15 min on each question. They were too hard, descibing group experiances and mistakes we made, along those lines. For the Technical I believe they asked me 10-20 questions. I applied for Application Developer, most questions were fairly easy, describe scope, descibe object-oriented programming, descibe 'static'....if you are a computer science major and grasp what is goin on in your classes, it should be easy....They also have drug and background screenings (screenings are after the position is accepted).

Interview Question – They asked my questions on SQL, at the time I had not yet taken a Databse course so I was clueless on SQL....I told them I was enrolled in a database course and was taking it next semester, they were understanding.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No need to negotiate, they offered a lot of money for an intership.

Worked for Allstate? Contribute to the Community!