Allstate

406 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Insurance Customer Service Representative Interview

Insurance Customer Service Representative

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3+ months - interviewed at Allstate.

Interview Details Company looks very highly on referrals from current employees. First interview is just to get to know the manager and if they like you, they will have you do an online personality test to see how you would fit in. You will then have an interview with HR, typically an hour where they ask questions based on your relevant work experience(ie tell me about a time when you...). If you pass, a third interview is typically done again by the hiring manager and a job is offered. People are very good to work with , good atmosphere.

Interview Question – Nothing too difficult, but be careful with online personality test as it has a lot of weight in the deciding process and if you score low you will not have an interview.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They have base salaries so typically there will not be much negotiation. They do pay full salary for your training/studying and will pay for your test.

Accountant Interview

Accountant

I applied through a staffing agency and interviewed at Allstate.

Interview Details Initial HR phone screening, then face to face interview with HR, then 1-on-1 interview with department hiring manager and a follow up interview with the director next week.
Decision rendered within 2 weeks.

Interview Question – Relaxed interviews, questions about work ethics and work methods, handling difficult situations, career aspirations etc.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Not much room for salary negotiation but was able to get additional vacation time

Very Easy Interview

Claim Support Interview

Claim Support

I applied through another source and interviewed at Allstate.

Interview Details Got Transferred over from another position/site. Did not have an interview for this position. No one want to do this job. That's why it was it was outsourced to another company.Just showed up and the manager transferred me over to another location without consulting with me first.

Interview Question – Would you take a pay cut?   Answer Question

Underwriter Interview

Underwriter

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Allstate in July 2010.

Interview Details phone interview and personal interview

Negotiation Details – nothing

Allstate Agent Interview

Allstate Agent
Ottawa, ON

I applied through an employee referral and interviewed at Allstate.

Interview Details Phone Interview , than in Agency interview with Manager

Interview Question – none, she was very laid back. Very typical interview questions   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – negotiated vacation and salary

Administrative Assistant Interview

Administrative Assistant

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Allstate.

Interview Details No pats on the back once you're hired. No appreciation beyond the pay check.
Interviews are many, and will take sometimes months to hear back after an interview. Interviews are conducted according to what the particular manager finds important. Could be behavioural, goal setting, problem solving.. depending on position.

Human Resources Director Interview

Human Resources Director
Montreal, QC

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Allstate in March 2010.

Interview Details Interviewers must be cognizant of the impact they make to the interviewees in regards to the company. It does leave a lasting impression and most definitely affects the company's reputation and sales. I was interviewed by a senior HR individual in the organization. This person was unprofessional, arrogant and was unable to ask conceivable questions. As I left the office, an employee communicated to me that this high level HR executive does not greet anyone and basically no one know's him.

I will never think of purchasing their products and will definitely discourage anyone from applying for a position or purchasing from them.

Interview Question – This interview did not ask any questions, they wanted the interviewee to ask the questions.   Answer Question

Licensed Sales Producer Interview

Licensed Sales Producer
Mississauga, ON

I applied through another source and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Allstate in April 2009.

Interview Details I was reached by phone , scheduled interview then unfoftunately rescheduled by the manager. It went well T
the trick is be yourself and be honest . Another imp thing is review your resume before you enter for the
company and the most imp to be confident. Donot over exerate or be over confident which will show that you are making up things

Interview Question – what are your weakness?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Easy to handle

Claims Adjuster Interview

Claims Adjuster
Northbrook, IL (US)

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Allstate in July 2014.

Interview Details Was called by HR rep via phone. Passed the phone interview. They then sent me a personality test that I also passed (they send you an e-mail right after you pass it letting you know if you indeed did). Next step is the face to face which is very east also.

Interview Question – Nothing was too difficult.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Intern
Northbrook, IL (US)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Allstate in December 2013.

Interview Details Initial communication was with an officer in my area, through him the position became available and I was given a link to apply online by a recruiter. I emailed several times with her before conducting a phone-screen interview. I made clear my interview requirements, which needed to be after the school semester was over, and Allstate was more than accommodating. On my interview day I was taken to my area by the intern lead where I interviewed with 5 senior-level directors in my department to determine which team would provide the best mutual fit.

Interview Question – My interviews served less of a case study and more of "tell me about yourself" conversations to determine best fit. The most difficult part was thinking on the spot to tie my experiences into the different teams whose responsibilities were unknown to me prior.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation as this was the position I was seeking

Worked for Allstate? Contribute to the Community!