Allstate Interview Questions

Updated 15 Apr, 2015
Updated 15 Apr, 2015

2.8

Claims Adjuster Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Allstate (North York, ON) in February 2015.

Interview

An hour long.... typical behavioural and situational questions while reviewing in detail what was on your resume from previous employment. Very nice and friendly. Was in front of a panel... One was HR... two to three Hiring Managers from various departments including claims, underwriting, & BI.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years
      What are your top 3 strengths and weaknesses

Answer Question

Insurance Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Allstate.

Interview

Company looks very highly on referrals from current employees. First interview is just to get to know the manager and if they like you, they will have you do an online personality test to see how you would fit in. You will then have an interview with HR, typically an hour where they ask questions based on your relevant work experience(ie tell me about a time when you...). If you pass, a third interview is typically done again by the hiring manager and a job is offered. People are very good to work with , good atmosphere.

Interview Questions

• Nothing too difficult, but be careful with online personality test as it has a lot of weight in the deciding process and if you score low you will not have an interview.   Answer Question

Negotiation

They have base salaries so typically there will not be much negotiation. They do pay full salary for your training/studying and will pay for your test.

Accountant Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency – interviewed at Allstate.

Interview

Initial HR phone screening, then face to face interview with HR, then 1-on-1 interview with department hiring manager and a follow up interview with the director next week.
    Decision rendered within 2 weeks.

Interview Questions

• Relaxed interviews, questions about work ethics and work methods, handling difficult situations, career aspirations etc.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Not much room for salary negotiation but was able to get additional vacation time

Claim Support Interview

Application

I applied through other source – interviewed at Allstate.

Interview

Got Transferred over from another position/site. Did not have an interview for this position. No one want to do this job. That's why it was it was outsourced to another company.Just showed up and the manager transferred me over to another location without consulting with me first.

Allstate Agent Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Allstate (Ottawa, ON).

Interview

Phone Interview , than in Agency interview with Manager

Interview Questions

• none, she was very laid back. Very typical interview questions   Answer Question

Negotiation

negotiated vacation and salary

Administrative Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Allstate.

Interview

No pats on the back once you're hired. No appreciation beyond the pay check.
    Interviews are many, and will take sometimes months to hear back after an interview. Interviews are conducted according to what the particular manager finds important. Could be behavioural, goal setting, problem solving.. depending on position.

Underwriter Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Allstate in July 2010.

Interview

phone interview and personal interview

Negotiation

nothing

Human Resources Director Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Allstate (Montreal, QC) in March 2010.

Interview

Interviewers must be cognizant of the impact they make to the interviewees in regards to the company. It does leave a lasting impression and most definitely affects the company's reputation and sales. I was interviewed by a senior HR individual in the organization. This person was unprofessional, arrogant and was unable to ask conceivable questions. As I left the office, an employee communicated to me that this high level HR executive does not greet anyone and basically no one know's him.

I will never think of purchasing their products and will definitely discourage anyone from applying for a position or purchasing from them.

Interview Questions

• This interview did not ask any questions, they wanted the interviewee to ask the questions.   Answer Question

Licensed Sales Producer Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Allstate (Mississauga, ON) in April 2009.

Interview

I was reached by phone , scheduled interview then unfoftunately rescheduled by the manager. It went well T
    the trick is be yourself and be honest . Another imp thing is review your resume before you enter for the
    company and the most imp to be confident. Donot over exerate or be over confident which will show that you are making up things

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Easy to handle

Entry Level Claims Adjuster Interview

Application

The process took a weekinterviewed at Allstate in April 2015.

Interview

After doing the phone interview and passing the online assessment I was scheduled for a face to face interview. The whole interview took about 2 hours. The interview was with two of the Claims Team Leaders and it was more of a conversation than an actual interview. They did a great job of letting me know what they where looking for and told me to just answer the questions honestly and not how I think they want me to answer. It was a really comfortable environment as far as interviews go. This part of the interview took about an hour and a half. After that they invited me to sit with a claims adjuster while they discuss me with their boss. Sitting with the claims adjuster was really insightful on what it would be like to get the job. I shadowed the claim adjuster for probably about 30 minutes before their boss came and got me for a mini interview. I did the interview today and waiting to hear back from them. I hope I get it I really loved the environment!

Interview Questions

• Basic name a time questions. They give a brief explanation for what they are looking for before they ask the question...more conversational then basic name a time format   Answer Question