Allstate

Updated 26 Feb, 2015
Updated 26 Feb, 2015

2.7

Insurance Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Allstate.

Company looks very highly on referrals from current employees. First interview is just to get to know the manager and if they like you, they will have you do an online personality test to see how you would fit in. You will then have an interview with HR, typically an hour where they ask questions based on your relevant work experience(ie tell me about a time when you...). If you pass, a third interview is typically done again by the hiring manager and a job is offered. People are very good to work with , good atmosphere.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing too difficult, but be careful with online personality test as it has a lot of weight in the deciding process and if you score low you will not have an interview.   Answer Question
    They have base salaries so typically there will not be much negotiation. They do pay full salary for your training/studying and will pay for your test.

Accountant Interview

I applied through a staffing agency – interviewed at Allstate.

Initial HR phone screening, then face to face interview with HR, then 1-on-1 interview with department hiring manager and a follow up interview with the director next week.
    Decision rendered within 2 weeks.

Interview Questions
    • Relaxed interviews, questions about work ethics and work methods, handling difficult situations, career aspirations etc.   Answer Question
    Not much room for salary negotiation but was able to get additional vacation time

Claim Support Interview

I applied through other source – interviewed at Allstate.

Got Transferred over from another position/site. Did not have an interview for this position. No one want to do this job. That's why it was it was outsourced to another company.Just showed up and the manager transferred me over to another location without consulting with me first.

Allstate Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ottawa, ON
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ottawa, ON

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Allstate.

Phone Interview , than in Agency interview with Manager

Interview Questions
    • none, she was very laid back. Very typical interview questions   Answer Question
    negotiated vacation and salary

Administrative Assistant Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Allstate.

No pats on the back once you're hired. No appreciation beyond the pay check.
    Interviews are many, and will take sometimes months to hear back after an interview. Interviews are conducted according to what the particular manager finds important. Could be behavioural, goal setting, problem solving.. depending on position.

Underwriter Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Allstate in July 2010.

phone interview and personal interview

nothing

Human Resources Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Montreal, QC
    Anonymous Employee in Montreal, QC

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Allstate in March 2010.

Interviewers must be cognizant of the impact they make to the interviewees in regards to the company. It does leave a lasting impression and most definitely affects the company's reputation and sales. I was interviewed by a senior HR individual in the organization. This person was unprofessional, arrogant and was unable to ask conceivable questions. As I left the office, an employee communicated to me that this high level HR executive does not greet anyone and basically no one know's him.

I will never think of purchasing their products and will definitely discourage anyone from applying for a position or purchasing from them.

Interview Questions
    • This interview did not ask any questions, they wanted the interviewee to ask the questions.   Answer Question

Licensed Sales Producer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mississauga, ON
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mississauga, ON

I applied through other source. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Allstate in April 2009.

I was reached by phone , scheduled interview then unfoftunately rescheduled by the manager. It went well T
    the trick is be yourself and be honest . Another imp thing is review your resume before you enter for the
    company and the most imp to be confident. Donot over exerate or be over confident which will show that you are making up things

Easy to handle

Entry Level Inside Liability Determinate Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Allstate.

Hey everyone,
    The interview process is as followed:
    1. Applied online
    2. Selected by recruiter and asked to complete a phone interview (it is a recording where you record your answer - asked current position questions, current compensation and why Allstate with "Name a time" scenario questions) It is rather short maybe 5 or 6 questions.
    3. Upon being selected by hiring after your recorded statement, you are given a link to pass a behavioral analysis style questionnaire - SO SUPER EASY DO NOT SWEAT IT JOB SEEKERS
    4. I was then selected to come in for the face to face interview with team lead (it is who team you will be on so shine bright like a diamond - in my Rihana voice) They only ask name a time questions...like name a time you had to deal with a difficult customer, name a time when you gave wrong information etc.
    5. You will be asked to come back and meet with team lead boss and call listen with a current employee.

Shout out to Allstate because it was honestly the most welcoming interview process I have ever experienced and they were friendly and not the type to look down at people

6. After that if selected a recruiter will call and extend a job offer

Interview Questions
    • Listed questions in description of interview process sorry.   Answer Question
    I just accepted because for entry level to me it is a blessing to even get the position and I know I can grown and make more over time

Senior BI Claims Adjuster Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Allstate.

I had a telephone interview for a Sr. Bi Adjuster position. I passed the first step and was told I had to take the dreaded on line exam. I passed it and received an e-mail from the recruiter stating that she will contact me to set up an interview. After 2 weeks I. Didn't hear back so I sent a follow up e-mail and I didn't get a response from the recruiter. I waited a week and sent another e-mail with the same results. Finally I received an e-mail from Allstate saying that I was not qualified for the position. What? I have over 15 years in the industry and I'm not qualified? So I e-mailed the recruited asking why I was never called, when I was told I would be, and you guessed it, no reply. This is very unprofessional.