Allianz Interview Questions

Updated 15 Aug, 2014
Updated 15 Aug, 2014

2.8

Associate Project Manager Interview

Face to Face interview with potential Line Manager plus guided tour of office environment. There is a dedicated recruitment team with a standard interview process. For managerial positions an extra assessment is included. A Refer a Friend scheme is also in place and actively used.

Interview Questions
    • My interview was around my experience and career aspirations and there were no trick questions designed to catch me out.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

it took around 2 weeks. they gave me a phone interview, and I went on without much preparation. and they rejected me because i didn't show enough knowledge of the company. those 2 interviewers were quite friendly, but maybe because we had to talk in German, there were several awkward silent moments. Language is really important in Germany.

Interview Questions
    • do you know any cooperation between Allianz with automobile companies?   Answer Question

introduction at career fair
    Single interview at HQ

IT Associate Solution Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Novato, CA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Novato, CA (US)

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Allianz.

-Contacted by recruiter via phone
    -Recruiter asked behavioral, background, and education related questions during phone interview
    -Recruiter set up follow up phone meeting with Manager
    -Manager asked questions regarding pervious experience
    -Manager asked technical questions related to coding (difficulty medium)
    -Manager set up a in person meeting with himself and Director
    -In person meeting with Director and Manager lasted 2 hours
    -Asked to code in person
    -Asked more technical and behavioral questions
    Overall I would rate the process easy with medium/hard technical questions.

Actuarial Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Allianz in March 2014.

Very smooth. The recruiters kept you in the loop the entire time. It was mostly straight forward questions and the whole process went really fast. If you are non-local they can do the entire process remotely which is nice.

Interview Questions
    • Name a time when you had to redesign a process to complete an assignment and was the new process successful? or along those lines.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

A quick test, then an interview. The two more interviews.

Group Project Office Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Munich (Germany)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Allianz in February 2014.

I applied online on Allianz website and I was contacted about a weekend later so as to schedule an interview. The interviewer was a member of the group project office, very nice guy, I felt very comfortable. He first presented himself, then the job. He asked me to present myself then he asked 5 or 6 technical questions. Not that difficult except one question. You have to really know the insurance industry and the main issues of the business.
    Now it's been 2 weeks since the first interview and I'm still waiting for the 3 other interviews.

Interview Questions
    • A ratio that enable to know if an insurance company is profitable or not ? (I didn't know the answer and the interviewer admited it's a tough question)   View Answer

Intern Group Risk Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Allianz.

I applied online, uploading CV and resume. I don't recall exactly the dates, but I think I was contacted via Email about a week later. We agreed on an appointment for the phone interview a few days later.
    The interviewers were very agreeable, there were no "tough" questions, mostly they let me talk about what I wanted, and asked only a few questions of the type "Would you be able to do [technical task]?" in the end.

Actuarial Assistant Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Allianz.

I was called to schedule a phone interview a couple weeks after applying online. The interview was scheduled for a couple days later with someone from the HR department. They mostly asked the usual strengths/weaknesses questions, but also asked me to go into detail about past projects I had worked on. I got an email shortly afterward saying I was no longer under consideration.

Intern In Financial Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Munich (Germany)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Allianz in July 2013.

3 phone interviews, first one with the HR department, second one with 2 financial manager, last one with the head of the Financial Management Department. The first interview last 20mn, presenting the company, second interview 30mn with more technical and personal questions, last one 30mn also with only personal questions (focused on your motivation and previous experiences)

Interview Questions
    • Have you already heard about seed money? What is the difference between financial management and controlling?   Answer Question
    Negotiation not possible on salary but on the starting yes