Aggreko

5 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Technician III Interview

Technician III

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Aggreko in January 2010.

Interview Details Initial communication from US - set up interview time, location, meeting with.. etc. Mostly technical questions to verify ability to diagnose equipment malfunction and find possible cause. Meeting with team - testing ability to communicate with different audience simultaneously.

Interview Question – Question about my ability to train people.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Wage

Sales Representative Interview

Houston, TX (US)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Aggreko.

Interview Details Personality Test, interviews with Sales Manager, their Manager and HR.

Interview Question – The old tell me about your biggest weakness Catch 22   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was able to negotiate on salary by 10%. Everything else about the offer I really liked. The negotiations were very amicable and fair.

Graduate Electrical Engineer Interview

Interviewed at Aggreko

Interview Details Friendly and focused on hard skills. They took me on a tour of the facilities before a sit-down interview. The questions were based primarily around my CV and areas of interest, the interviewer focussed a lot on particular classes I had taken at university and quizzed me on how they were relevant to the job applied for.

Interview Question – What would you like to ask us (they had already gone through all the questions I could think of!)   Answer Question

Sales Representative II/Market Development Interview

The process took 3 months - interviewed at Aggreko in July 2011.

Interview Details A fractured disorganized process at best, I am not sure that these people know what they are doing.

After an initial contact from their recruiter I didn't hear from them again in over 6 weeks

After a speaking with two different in-house recruiters I moved to a phone interview with the hiring manager, then to a face to face with the hiring manager and finally an face to face with the hiring manager his regional manager. At each interview I was literally only given a very short time, sometimes only hours to make it to the interview including one out of town trip.

These people clearly don't have any respect for a person's time and expect you to be at their beck and call and be ready to scramble at their whim..regardless of your current situation (fully employed. They dug and dug for industry insights, which I had no problem sharing with them, but they also wanted me to give them direct contacts and phone numbers, which I would not commit to, since I sensed that they only wanted names and companies and once they had them I wouldn't be so interesting to them.

Interview Question – Why should I hire you from all of the candidates available for this job?   View Answer

Field Engineer Interview

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Aggreko in October 2008.

Interview Details Applied on line. Got an email scheduling a telephone interview.Was interviewed in February.Got a call in October..these guys sure know how to take their time. Passed the Interview.Set up 4 an on-site interview.was flown to a site and taken through a filed tour, answered a couple of questions.Waiting for a call.

Interview Questions

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Aggreko? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Aggreko interview questions and advice. All 5 interview reviews are posted anonymously by Aggreko employees and interview candidates.