Aggreko Interview Questions

Updated 17 Apr, 2015

3.2

Technician III Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Aggreko in January 2010.

Interview

Initial communication from US - set up interview time, location, meeting with.. etc. Mostly technical questions to verify ability to diagnose equipment malfunction and find possible cause. Meeting with team - testing ability to communicate with different audience simultaneously.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Wage

Aggreko Commercial Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Aggreko (Jacksonville, FL (US)) in April 2015.

Interview

Initial phone interview with internal recruiter, phone interview with Area Sales Manager, face to face with Area Sales Manager and then panel interview with Area General Manager and Area Sales Manager. The overall interview experience for me personally can be described as being beset by disorganization, contradiction, and lack of candor during the process. I do appreciate and respect the VP of HR calling me personally and being straightforward, understanding and handling the situation with diplomacy.

AREA SALES MANAGER Interview

Interview

This company uses a recruiter who screens too narrowly and does not delve into real world experiences provided in resume and personal business history. I couldn't even get the recruiter to consider meeting with me.

Interview Questions

• The recruiter said my profile was too sales oriented   1 Answer

Logistics Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pearland, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Aggreko (Pearland, TX (US)).

Interview

It took me two weeks in Hiring process and lots of Group/Panel Interviews...I interviewed with group of logistics employees as well as the hiring manager, Area Manager...Phone interviews, 1-1 and group and panel interviews...back ground check to drug test.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Aggreko, Where do you see in the next 5 years, why do we hire you, how do you overcome your job or personal life obstacles and what were the outcomes, do you prefer working in a team or independently (trick Question)...you want to answer this very carefully....Aggreko is really big about Team work. They also ask a lot of Behavioral questions to see if candidate is the right fit for the team.   1 Answer

Negotiation

None

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Aggreko (Houston, TX (US)).

Interview

Personality Test, interviews with Sales Manager, their Manager and HR.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate on salary by 10%. Everything else about the offer I really liked. The negotiations were very amicable and fair.

Interview

Friendly and focused on hard skills. They took me on a tour of the facilities before a sit-down interview. The questions were based primarily around my CV and areas of interest, the interviewer focussed a lot on particular classes I had taken at university and quizzed me on how they were relevant to the job applied for.

Interview Questions

• What would you like to ask us (they had already gone through all the questions I could think of!)   Answer Question

Instructional Design Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Aggreko (Houston, TX (US)) in January 2012.

Interview

I was invited to a phone screen, two panel interviews, an interview with each individual team member, an interview with the Training Manager, asked to provide a sample of my work, and then given a grammar test.

Interview Questions

Application

The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Aggreko in July 2011.

Interview

A fractured disorganized process at best, I am not sure that these people know what they are doing.

After an initial contact from their recruiter I didn't hear from them again in over 6 weeks

After a speaking with two different in-house recruiters I moved to a phone interview with the hiring manager, then to a face to face with the hiring manager and finally an face to face with the hiring manager his regional manager. At each interview I was literally only given a very short time, sometimes only hours to make it to the interview including one out of town trip.

These people clearly don't have any respect for a person's time and expect you to be at their beck and call and be ready to scramble at their whim..regardless of your current situation (fully employed. They dug and dug for industry insights, which I had no problem sharing with them, but they also wanted me to give them direct contacts and phone numbers, which I would not commit to, since I sensed that they only wanted names and companies and once they had them I wouldn't be so interesting to them.

Interview Questions

• Why should I hire you from all of the candidates available for this job?   1 Answer

N/A Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX (US)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Aggreko (Houston, TX (US)) in January 2011.

Interview

sourced, initial phone pree screen , one on one, and final interview with President.

Interview Questions

• challenges working with International groups, ex-pats, and expediting visas.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Simple and fair

Field Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Aggreko in October 2008.

Interview

Applied on line. Got an email scheduling a telephone interview.Was interviewed in February.Got a call in October..these guys sure know how to take their time. Passed the Interview.Set up 4 an on-site interview.was flown to a site and taken through a filed tour, answered a couple of questions.Waiting for a call.