Aerotek

2.8

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Burnaby, BC
    Anonymous Employee in Burnaby, BC

Waited a little while in the waiting room. The lady that interviewed me am was pleasant but not very approachable. I wouldn't say I felt comfortable. The interview lasted about 40 minutes.

Account Recruiting Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kitchener, ON
    Anonymous Employee in Kitchener, ON

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Aerotek in August 2014.

- Very quick contact from initial application.

- Phone interview initially where the recruiter asked some basic questions like tell me about yourself, strengths, weaknesses, experience, describe yourself in one word.

- Complete questionnaire online. Quite timely. Answering behavioural questions.

- Contacted for a second one on one in person interview. Very nice lady interviewing me. Felt like we were having a conversation.

- Again, asked about experience, weaknesses, 5 year plan, how have you experienced diversity, are you ok working long hours, what motivates you, tell us about a time you had to overcome challenges with coworkers, ability to persuade others with your point of view.

- Third interview met with office manager and branch manager

- Job details seemed a bit different when these two people were explaining it than the original interview... seemed sketchy. Thought I may be better suited for another job within the organization.

- More tough hard hitting questions about your goals and future. Felt like they wanted me to say I wanted to be an Aerotek recruiter/manager for the rest of my life. They were rather tough/intense people. Try to make it seem like they are not sales driven.. but feels like they just want to fill vacancies whether they recruit good candidates or not.

-Ultimately felt they weren't upfront about the position and I decided not to continue finishing the 3rd interview.

Interview Questions
    • I personally find it difficult to answer the 5 year question as it seemed like the interviewer wanted a very concrete answer.   Answer Question

Decided not to complete the interview process... felt like they weren't totally transparent with the job details.. each interviewer said something different.

Reliability Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mississauga, ON
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mississauga, ON

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Aerotek in September 2013.

Contacted by Aerotek for a company who outsources their hiring. I sent in my application online to Aerotek directly.

Interview was scheduled for the week after, a bit of back-and-forth to settle on the time and date but they wanted to suit my needs, location and time.

Came in for the interview. Was interviewed by the initial contacter and manager (and was informed of this beforehand). Had to wait a couple minutes after the time of the scheduled interview and then was told it would be a bit longer of a wait (manager was tied up in another meeting).

Told me upfront I'd be a good candidate for the position and would be checking references. Heard back from Aerotek within 5 days (this includes a weekend) of the interview informing me I would be going for an interview at the engineering company.

Interview Questions
    Accepted the offer to go for an interview at the actual Engineering company

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Surrey, BC
    Anonymous Employee in Surrey, BC

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Aerotek.

Got contacted by an HR from aerotek for a software dev position for a local company.
    First interview was short, generic HR stuff on site. 2nd screening interview was from a higher position HR checking to see if I really was a fit for the position. 3rd was with 3 technical managers asking about my resume, problems I encountered, etc. A few technical questions like evaluating a string math equation. After the interview the manager gave me a written test to do. It was mostly commands in linux/Win stuff. A couple algo questions in the back.

Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Aerotek.

The process itself was completely unprofessional and I was uninformed the whole way through the job hunt. I would get calls about jobs from my recruiter that were completely unrelated to my field or ones that would only require a high school diploma to qualify for.

Sales Manager Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Aerotek.

Easy, few questions. Didnt care much about previous experience. Sales oriented job, interviewer was clear about expectations, very friendly as well. Phone screening process, half day as well as one on one interview.

Benefit Specialist Interview

The interview and hiring process was very organized. The interviewer knew what she was doing. Everyone was nice. I have no complaints regarding the interview or the hiring process. I believe the company knew what they were looking for in a candidate.

Recruiter Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Aerotek.

The process is somewhat annoying. I applied online so initially there was a phone screening, phone interview, in-person interview, "shadow day" and an additional in-person interview. The whole process took about two weeks.

Interview Questions
    • I was preparing for mostly behavioral questions which is what my phone interview and first in-person interview was, and then the second in-person interview turned into more of personal questions like can you handle the work load and time needed/dedicated to the job... firing of these types of questions over and over. Not very professional, whatsoever.   Answer Question

Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR (US)
    Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR (US)

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Aerotek.

I have no complaints about the interview process. Great communication and follow up. They were very clear about the job, realistic and allowed me to really get an insight into the office and culture. I'd say as a recruiter you should be ready to give a lot of your time and energy to the company. If you are the type to give up your life, and work you butt off, then this is the company for you. Probably a better fit for someone out of college who doesn't have much of a life outside of work to worry about yet. I was very thankful for the entire interview process because it did allow me to really understand what I would have been getting into. It's a bit of an old school mentality of if you put more time and more energy in than the person next to you, you'll be successful and that will eventually lead to more money. Neither of those things fit with me, so I decided to not take the offer, but have nothing poor to say about the interview process and have since been less impressed with other companies and their lack of communication. I felt like I was treated as a human throughout the process, which was very nice.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you had to do something you didn't agree with and how you dealt with it.   Answer Question

Recruiter/Sales Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC (US)
    Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC (US)

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Aerotek in February 2015.

I submitted my resume over the weekend and a couple days later I was contacted by the Internal Recruiter for a phone interview. I was asked behavioral questions about times I motivated people and what I knew about the recruiter and account manager position. She said I would hear back about the face-to-face interview in the next week or so. It didn't take the 30 minutes that she said it would, more like 15. She seemed like she wanted to get off the phone, which was concerning.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you had to motivate a group of people.
      Tell me about a time you had to give criticism.

Answer Question