Aerotek

2.8

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burnaby, BC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burnaby, BC

Waited a little while in the waiting room. The lady that interviewed me am was pleasant but not very approachable. I wouldn't say I felt comfortable. The interview lasted about 40 minutes.

Account Recruiting Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kitchener, ON
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kitchener, ON

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Aerotek in August 2014.

- Very quick contact from initial application.

- Phone interview initially where the recruiter asked some basic questions like tell me about yourself, strengths, weaknesses, experience, describe yourself in one word.

- Complete questionnaire online. Quite timely. Answering behavioural questions.

- Contacted for a second one on one in person interview. Very nice lady interviewing me. Felt like we were having a conversation.

- Again, asked about experience, weaknesses, 5 year plan, how have you experienced diversity, are you ok working long hours, what motivates you, tell us about a time you had to overcome challenges with coworkers, ability to persuade others with your point of view.

- Third interview met with office manager and branch manager

- Job details seemed a bit different when these two people were explaining it than the original interview... seemed sketchy. Thought I may be better suited for another job within the organization.

- More tough hard hitting questions about your goals and future. Felt like they wanted me to say I wanted to be an Aerotek recruiter/manager for the rest of my life. They were rather tough/intense people. Try to make it seem like they are not sales driven.. but feels like they just want to fill vacancies whether they recruit good candidates or not.

-Ultimately felt they weren't upfront about the position and I decided not to continue finishing the 3rd interview.

Interview Questions
    • I personally find it difficult to answer the 5 year question as it seemed like the interviewer wanted a very concrete answer.   Answer Question

Decided not to complete the interview process... felt like they weren't totally transparent with the job details.. each interviewer said something different.

Reliability Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mississauga, ON
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mississauga, ON

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Aerotek in September 2013.

Contacted by Aerotek for a company who outsources their hiring. I sent in my application online to Aerotek directly.

Interview was scheduled for the week after, a bit of back-and-forth to settle on the time and date but they wanted to suit my needs, location and time.

Came in for the interview. Was interviewed by the initial contacter and manager (and was informed of this beforehand). Had to wait a couple minutes after the time of the scheduled interview and then was told it would be a bit longer of a wait (manager was tied up in another meeting).

Told me upfront I'd be a good candidate for the position and would be checking references. Heard back from Aerotek within 5 days (this includes a weekend) of the interview informing me I would be going for an interview at the engineering company.

Interview Questions
    Accepted the offer to go for an interview at the actual Engineering company

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Surrey, BC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Surrey, BC

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Aerotek.

Got contacted by an HR from aerotek for a software dev position for a local company.
    First interview was short, generic HR stuff on site. 2nd screening interview was from a higher position HR checking to see if I really was a fit for the position. 3rd was with 3 technical managers asking about my resume, problems I encountered, etc. A few technical questions like evaluating a string math equation. After the interview the manager gave me a written test to do. It was mostly commands in linux/Win stuff. A couple algo questions in the back.

Entry Level Chemist Interview

Recruiter called fairly quickly based on my prompt response to a Craigslist job posting. She was very impersonal and made me feel inferior despite it being an entry level position. She never followed up with future job opportunities as promised.

Interview Questions
    • Are you experienced with (name of instrumental technique)? Was it only through academic setting?   Answer Question

Recruiter Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Aerotek.

2 phone interviews from a recruiter followed by a panel interview.
    The first 2 interviews ask general interview questions. The panel interview is intense and asks behavior based interview questions. They use your answers from the behavior based questions to formulate and ask rude questions to try to break you and weed out the weak. Then you are required to go into the pit and observe for 1/2 day.

Interview Questions
    • I was very disappointed after completing a panel interview with this company. I was interviewed by 2 people and the lead interviewer was very condescending and belittling. Everything I said was twisted into something negative, which he acknowledged by saying "I'm not trying to twist your words, but…". The interview started 45 minutes late with one of my interviewers walking in the front door 20 minutes after I arrived. During my interview one of them got up to use the restroom, which he acknowledged by saying to the other interviewer, "I really have to use the restroom, I think you can handle this." After he returned from his morning poop they proceeded to more or less call me a quitter. They 100% treated me like a resume and not a person.

Questions:
      You've had x jobs in ___ years. If this job doesn't work out for you it will be ___ jobs. What would you say when people call you a quitter?
      Describe your biggest failure.
      Describe a time you made an unpopular decision.
      Explain why we should pick you in 30 seconds.

Answer Question

Recruiter Interview

The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Aerotek.

Very very bad experience. First I arrived and they informed me that the person I was scheduled to interview was not there. I waited on an interviewer for an hour! Finally two guys came to give me an interview and it was the longest interview of my life. They asked all types of unprofessional questions about going out and drinking with the group and continuously tried to get me to admit to very unprofessional things. I felt like I was on an interview for an escorting company and not a recruiting agency. Overall, they were very unprofessional and used up most of my day with non-sense. A complete and total waste of my time.

Interview Questions

I didnt accept the position because I would never want to work for a company with such bad hiring processes. I have options and plus their pay was too low for me. I took another position with another company for double the pay.

Gas Turbine Auxiliaries Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Aerotek.

They called out of the blue; however, were very thorough and extremely nice. Got an immediate follow-up email thanking me for the interview. Overall a very goo experience and would definitely enjoy hearing from them again.

General Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Aerotek.

I set up an appointment with the lady and when I arrived I was asked to take a seat and the lady was with me within 5 minutes. I had one interview and the lady was very friendly and made me feel comfortable. We went over my resume as to what I am qualified for.

Interview Questions
    • I really cannot really remember, the interview was pretty easy going   Answer Question

It was part time and I just obtained a full time job

Budget Analyst Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Aerotek.

They did a good job communicating their questions and were very open during the interview process. I felt very comfortable during the entire process. I felt that they were being very honest and sincerely wanted to find the right condidate.

Interview Questions
    • I didn't experience a difficuly or unexpected question   Answer Question
    straight forward