Aerotek

Relevance Date Difficulty

Reliability Engineer Interview

Reliability Engineer
Mississauga, ON

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Aerotek in September 2013.

Interview Details Contacted by Aerotek for a company who outsources their hiring. I sent in my application online to Aerotek directly.

Interview was scheduled for the week after, a bit of back-and-forth to settle on the time and date but they wanted to suit my needs, location and time.

Came in for the interview. Was interviewed by the initial contacter and manager (and was informed of this beforehand). Had to wait a couple minutes after the time of the scheduled interview and then was told it would be a bit longer of a wait (manager was tied up in another meeting).

Told me upfront I'd be a good candidate for the position and would be checking references. Heard back from Aerotek within 5 days (this includes a weekend) of the interview informing me I would be going for an interview at the engineering company.

Interview Question – What do I like the most/least about engineering?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Accepted the offer to go for an interview at the actual Engineering company

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer
Surrey, BC

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Aerotek.

Interview Details Got contacted by an HR from aerotek for a software dev position for a local company.
First interview was short, generic HR stuff on site. 2nd screening interview was from a higher position HR checking to see if I really was a fit for the position. 3rd was with 3 technical managers asking about my resume, problems I encountered, etc. A few technical questions like evaluating a string math equation. After the interview the manager gave me a written test to do. It was mostly commands in linux/Win stuff. A couple algo questions in the back.

Interview Question – Evaluate math expression from a given string.   Answer Question

Recording Analyst Interview

Recording Analyst
Detroit, MI (US)

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Aerotek.

Interview Details Excellent interview process! Quick and thorough paperwork, left no room for error by checking all that was filled out at once. Once paperwork was completed, instructions were given to the letter so there was no need to feel puzzled at the info freely given.

Interview Question – No unexpected questions.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation needed

Recruiter

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Aerotek.

Interview Details initial phone screen with recruiter then 2 formal interviews in office and 1 last informal interview. initial phone call was helpful in getting basic info and getting positive feedback from recruiter for 1st interview. Both formal interviews are in office; 1) 1-1 interview 2) half-day shadow with team and 2nd 1-1 interview with another manager. lastly (at least for me) had an informal interview out of office to discuss if I was the right match for the team and company.

Interview Questions

• What motivates you to succeed and why?   View Answer
  • Why do you see yourself being successful in this position and company?   View Answer

Reason for Declining – Went with other opportunity

Recruiter

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Aerotek.

Interview Details I had a fone interview which was great and the people were really nice. Then I had a in person interview with the head account manager which he was extremely nice as well. Basic questions likw why aerotek. Then I had a half day shadow and another interview

Interview Question – Tell me a time you failed at something and how did you overcome it.   Answer Question

Denver, CO (US)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Aerotek.

Interview Details Interview process is fairly thorough... I went through several rounds of interviews with managers of various levels, divisions, and experience. They explain the day to day job duties well but do not stress the long hours or strict deadlines.

Interview Question – What do your parents do for work?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No room for negotiation. Base salary + commission.

Boise, ID (US)

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Aerotek in June 2014.

Interview Details Good communications skills, poor questions asked. I was certainly not impressed by the behavior of the recruiter when learning of my employment. The interview process felt more like an interrogation.

Hagerstown, MD (US)

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Aerotek.

Interview Details Had two phone interviews and was informed later they went with other candidates. After the phone interviews they proceed to office shadowing and then interview. The process was pretty quick, they do not keeping you hanging around.

Interview Question – I got asked the same questions with both phone calls. I was multiple times do I work best with a group or as an individual.   Answer Question

San Jose, CA (US)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Aerotek.

Interview Details First step--get referred in. Usually you have to know someone to get in--not always but this seems to be the case. You'll go through 1-3 phone screens with an internal recruiter who will put you through the ringer. If you're worried you blew it (i.e. the recruiter says, think about this then get back to me) that's normal. You're fine. Expect 1-4 in person interviews afterward in which you need to be specific in WHY aerotek. There are tons of staffing companies out there. WHY aerotek above those? Answer in the STAR method, don't be overly confident, be prepared to have every answer (literally, every one) with "What else?" Be prepared to defend your answers--this means you should be as honest as possible, so that if your answers are picked apart you don't have to make things up to cover your tail.

There was a BG check, but no drug test. The interview process is very difficult. In fact, after my first in person interview I walked away thinking I didn't get it--but that's just their style. They push you hard, so be prepared.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time you failed/What was the most difficult decision you've had to make?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. Bay area, CA = 50k base. Rest of the country is about 33k base.

Technical Recruiter Interview

Technical Recruiter
Woburn, MA (US)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Aerotek in October 2011.

Interview Details Initial communications were great however when I went to the office I was in for surprise. Staff made me wait around for 15-20 mins before filling out paperwork, and then came the review. What a disaster this was. Completely not engaged interviewers who were looking to hurry through it to leave for lunch, and they weren't afraid to hide it. The embarrassing part for them is I got their cards and they were more senior than I would have expected this treatment from. The interview wrapped up and I never heard back, but all is well because a week or so later I got an offer doing sales/marketing making over 20k more than I would have at Aerotek.

Worked for Aerotek? Contribute to the Community!