Advisory Board

Updated 18 Nov, 2014
Updated 18 Nov, 2014

2.8

Account Management Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Advisory Board.

I applied online and received an initial phone interview a few days later. The phone interview was pretty straight-forward - my suggestions for anyone else applying: know your background and what you learned or gained from your previous experiences forwards and backwards. I was offered the option to apply for another position as well when I came in for a round of in-person interviews. I had 7 interviews in one day, back to back, across a variety of departments. As with the phone interview, it's vital to be able to speak to what you have done in your past, both in college and professionally. The day is long, so treat it that way - get up early, eat breakfast, drink coffee if that's your thing, and come prepared - notepad, suit, and thank you notes at the ready. I was asked about how my previous positions - which have been a hodgepodge of jobs across a variety of disciplines - applied to the role I was applying for, how I organized myself and project managed, and where I saw myself in the future. Be honest. Be direct. And ask questions. I received very positive feedback for emphasizing that I wanted to grow professionally and for asking if there was any weakness in my background that I might need to work around to be a strong employee. All in all, a great (and very tiring) experience. Lasted about two weeks. I received and accepted my offer the same day that I interviewed in-office.

Analyst Interview

Applied through college job portal. Initial phone interview and multiple round in-person interviews within one day at headquarters. Although they didn't initially specify how many interviews you would receive that day, it appeared that candidates who excelled received more interviewers. All interviewers were professional and cordial, yet strict and not very helpful in walking you through cases.

Sales and Marketing Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Advisory Board.

There were 3 steps for the interview process. The initial phone call which was scheduled for 30 minutes, the invite to an in office interview with marketing directors, and the follow up call with the offer. The initial phone call was pretty scripted and quick. There was not a lot of "fluff" per se, but it was not a negative experience at all. I met with 3 different people during my in person interview. Again, the sessions were 30 minutes, but the interviewers were extremely friendly and personable. I received an offer letter shortly after the in person interview.

Interview Questions
    • Tell about a time when you missed a detail and what occurred.   Answer Question
    No negotiation, the salary and benefits are set

Research and Insights Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Advisory Board.

I applied through college university and the whole process took about 3-4 weeks. First round was behavioral while second round was an on-site interview that included behavioral and business case-style questions. Interviewers for both asked me to describe a research project.

Marketing Associate Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Advisory Board.

Behavioral interview. Not very job specific questions, i honestly was not sure what the interviewer was looking for in a can date. Felt my interview went very well but was not offered the position.

Interview Questions
    • describe a situation where you left out a detail when dealing with a customer   Answer Question

Research Assistant Interview

It was held at a the Carnegie Endowment for International Peace for the Research Associate - DC.
    Many other companies were there conducting their own interviews.
    Interview offered through the college career center website.experience.
    Received rejection email after about 2 weeks later.

Research and Insights Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Advisory Board.

Initial Interview: On-campus recruiting. Behavioral. Very straightforward and every question was from Glassdoor, so read up!
    On-site interviews: They flew me to DC, which was great. There I had the 2 interviews (1 case and 1 behavioral), a snack break, and an "tentative" interview that was later cancelled. My interviewers were Senior Consultants and were relatively cold, so prepare for that if you're a cheerful person. The interview was cancelled for 3 out of 4 people I was with. The 4th guy did have his "tentative" interview. The receptionist lied profusely about the meaning of this cancellation, stating that it was simply due to the department being called into a meeting or leaving early because it was a Friday. Not particularly nice and I felt duped when I later read Glassdoor interviews that detailed this "tentative" interview trick that ABC uses to cut people. I haven't heard back yet, but those disrespectful lies alone are enough to make me not want to join this company.

Interview Questions
    • Research project question. Expect blunt observations from interviewers and little talk besides the questions.   Answer Question

Analyst Research Insights Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Advisory Board.

I had one preliminary phone interview. My HR interviewer asked about why I wanted the job, why I picked my university, what I would change about my university, and asked me to describe my writing style and how it has changed over time. She also asked me to detail a project I'd worked on start to finish. Thought the interview went well, but a week later received a rejection email.

Interview Questions
    • What would you tell the administration to change about your university?   Answer Question

Research and Insights Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Advisory Board in November 2014.

First applied online on their career website and was contacted within two weeks of sending in my documents. Set up a phone interview for the following week. The phone interview was pretty normal - while I did not look at Glassdoor beforehand, I see that many of the other reviews point out the same questions that my interviewer asked. She asked me why I chose my university, a specific research project I did (and I had to walk her through my methodology), and why I was interested in working at this company. Basic standard things.

Currently moving on to 2nd round interviews (on-site).

Interview Questions
    • If I had to tell my school's administration to change one thing, what would it be?   Answer Question

Junior Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC (US)

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Advisory Board in November 2014.

First round phone interview, interviewer was very nice. very interested in my experience with excel and why I was interested in working for the company. Also interested in class work I had completed during my education that would further qualify me for the position

Interview Questions
    • What was a difficult experience I had with a previous employer and how did I deal with that situation   View Answer