Advisory Board

527 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Sales and Marketing Associate Interview

Sales and Marketing Associate

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Advisory Board in June 2014.

Interview Details Let me just start out by saying I have had plenty of interviews and have actually conducted interviews myself. So, of course I went into this prepared and not too nervous. However, the interview itself was pretty straight forward, questions were standard and asked pretty much every question I've seen on these reviews. This was my second interview with ABC, first one I got an offer, but declined and took a position at a different company. First interview was excellent, asked the same questions (what would you change about your college, name an experience with a disgruntled customer etc.), but the interviewer the first time was totally engaged, asked me questions as I was speaking to make it more of a conversation and made me feel more comfortable. However, the interviewer the second time literally gave me no responses after my answers, which made me feel totally awkward, so as a result, I think I began to over think my answers and completely babble on. The interviewer was quite nice though and soft spoken, but seriously after I would give a thoughtful response, she would just simply say "mhm" or "ok" and then ask another standard interview question. Yikes. Still waiting to hear back.

Interview Question – After already saying I was goal-oriented, she asked me the question immediately after "Do you think you are motivated by your goals or others" ... just made me sound extremely repetitive.   View Answer

Sales & Marketing Associate Role Interview

Sales & Marketing Associate Role
Washington, DC (US)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Advisory Board in August 2014.

Interview Details Interview Details – I applied online and heard back within a week to schedule a phone interview, which was several days later. 8 days after my phone interview I was invited to Washington DC office for in-person interviews for the next week. All of the interviewers were very friendly.

Interview Question – Walk me through your resume.

If you could change one thing about your university's administration what would it be?
  Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation, and salary is low ($37K) especially considering the cost of living in DC. Ask for relocation allowance instead.

Account Management Associate Interview

Account Management Associate

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Advisory Board in July 2014.

Interview Details Applied beginning of June and heard back less than a week later. Scheduled a phone interview for the following week and then several in person interviews a week later. Told me I would hear back the following week. Ended up having 3 more phone interviews. HR was very unorganized and I had to have a couple phone interviews while I was busy at work because of it (and it definitely affected my interview).

Interview Question – What was a goal that you ended up not achieving and why?   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Business Analyst
Austin, TX (US)

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at Advisory Board in August 2014.

Interview Details For the first interview, I was asked standard questions (script-like, if you will) in an effort to allow me to market my skill set and work experience as best I could. It lasted just under 20 mins and the interviewer took notes the whole time, but didn't really deviate from the likely prepared set of questions. No off-the-wall queries.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to leave your current industry to join health care?   Answer Question
  • How would you deliver bad news to someone?   Answer Question
  • How do you keep track of everything that's on your plate to ensure you remember to do them?   Answer Question

Coordinator Interview

Coordinator

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Advisory Board in July 2014.

Interview Details I applied online and heard back within a week to schedule a phone interview, which was several days later. The day after my phone interview I was invited back for in-person interviews for the next week. All of the interviewers were very friendly. I received an offer less than a week after my in-person interviews.

Interview Question – Why did you pick your university?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiations, but good benefits

Software Architect/Team Lead Interview

Software Architect/Team Lead
Washington, DC (US)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Advisory Board.

Interview Details The process was fine and was a good experience. I was contacted by a recruiting firm which finds candidates for them.
I met personally with a couple of their managers in the recruiters office. This is the first round of interview. It went well. They asked about how I deal with scenarios in my current job and discussed what my role is in my job. Very few technical questions.
Second round was at their office. 8 people in total did the interview in 5 phases.

Phase 1 - Met the same manager that I met in my earlier interview. He just explained how the interview process is going to go.

Phase 2 - 2 of their senior developers. Mostly technical. They gave me a spec that's 2 pages long and asked me to design the system. This was after about 30 mins of talking about various technical details of what I do at my current job and what frameworks we use etc. I was initially surprised to look at the 2 page document and I guess I might have been carried away by some details in the document rather than focusing on the big picture and their intent. We went through how some potential design ideas before running out of time.

Phase 3 - One senior architect and one project manager. Project manager was mostly silent for the whole process. The architect just came and gave me a problem and asked me to come up with an algorithm to solve the problem. I did not do well here. I wasn't expecting this type of question. So, I took too long to answer this. I eventually answered bu I felt like it took too long.

Phase 4 - Direct manager. She just kept asking some standard questions like what inspired you? What are your limitations? etc and kept noting down my answers without any feedback. Kind of hard to judge what she was thinking.

Phase 5 - 2 program managers from Chicago office did a Skype interview. I was exhausted by now. But, I think I did pretty well there too.

Overall I think I was kind of unprepared for this interview. I relied too much on my current skills at my job and did not brush up much related to basic Computer science concepts.

Interview Question – Algorithm analysis   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Business Analyst

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Advisory Board in July 2014.

Interview Details This was a phone interview. They were focused on my SQL skills and if I would be a good fit for the social good aspects of the company. The phone interview was pleasant enough. There were high level technical questions but nothing too deep, leaving that for the second round interview. The other items on my resume didn't seem to be of key interest. I got the feeling that they were looking for data mappers more than anything else.

Interview Question – Just be ready for the SQL questions.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Marketing Associate Interview

Marketing Associate
Washington, DC (US)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Advisory Board in June 2013.

Interview Details Initial first round telephone interview. Two addition in-person one on two interviews in the Washington DC office. Career Management is easy to work with to schedule interviews. Interviewers ask easy questions. Be prepared to walk through your resume and answer questions as related to the Company's core values (found on their website).

Interview Question – Describe your writing style. Describe a time you dropped the ball.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Non-negotiable salary. Asked for moving allowance instead.

Strategy Analyst Interview

Strategy Analyst
Washington, DC (US)

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Advisory Board in May 2014.

Interview Details Initial phone screen with a recruiter with typical screening questions.

Invited to a in person interview, made the trip from 500 miles away (no travel reimbursement provided), scheduled with 2 people but only interviewed with one. I was asked behavioral questions followed up by a mini case question at the end (interviewer stated I had done well on the case question at the end). This gave me confidence that I may potentially get an offer.

Interview Question – What motivates you to get up everyday and put forth your best effort?   Answer Question

Executive Assistant Interview

Executive Assistant
Washington, DC (US)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Advisory Board in February 2013.

Interview Details Went through a series of steps: Online application, first round phone interview, second round phone interview, in-office interview. Was relatively straightforward, and everyone I interacted with was very friendly and easy-going.

Worked for Advisory Board? Contribute to the Community!