Advisory Board

Updated 21 Feb, 2015

2.8

Consultant Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Advisory Board.

Highly unprofessional and amateur with predominately recent college grads as employees. The entire process and every communication along the way felt like dealing with a college club and not a legitimate company. What other reviewers say about this being such a young company with too many kinks to be worked out is true!

Marketing Associate Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Advisory Board.

It wasn't too hard, was prepared. had an employee referral. The company seems great online- look at their benefit package. I was kind of weary about the low salary but seems like a fun, young, working environment!

Software Engineer Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Advisory Board.

I just got a initial phone interview in which they asked about the resume, projects that I have done till now, what were my contributions towards my team project and why I want to be a part of it. It was easy, the recruiter was very friendly but I didn't like the way follow up after the interview.

Associate, Business Analyst Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Advisory Board.

I applied online and the process didn't take more than two weeks. After that, I was contacted to schedule in order to schedule a phone interview. The phone interview itself lasted for about 10-15 min. However, the interviewer lacked courtesy during the entire interview.

Research Associate Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Advisory Board.

Send in an online job application. Get an email about setting up an phone screen interview. The phone interview lasted for about 30 minutes. But during the process, it is very obvious that the interviewer is reading off a list of questions.

Interview Questions
    • A list of questions about yourself and some sort related to the job   Answer Question

Research Associate Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Advisory Board.

Contacted by a recruiter. The interview was around 20-30 minutes. Nothing unexpected; asked me about my research experience, interest in healthcare and 'ideal job environment.' The interview was two weeks ago and I still did not hear back. However, I got an e-mail asking me to fill out self-identification forms. It seemed like an automated e-mail so not sure what's happening.

Interview Questions
    • There was no difficult or unexpected question. I guess 'describe your ideal job environment' would be more on the unexpected side.   Answer Question

Senior Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC (US)

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Advisory Board in February 2015.

I had one phone interview with a recruiter. I was asked very basic questions about my resume, research experience, and education. The recruiter was definitely reading from a script, which made it a little awkward (cheapened the interview - I haven't had an interview like that in a long time). Despite feeling positive each of my answers and my interview overall, I got a rejection email a week later.

Consultant (Associate Level) Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC (US)

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Advisory Board in February 2015.

I've applied to several positions with Advisory Board Company the last few years, but this was the first position I actually heard back about.

First, a coordinator in HR reached out to see if I was interested in scheduling a phone interview. I replied and heard nothing for three days, so sent a follow up email. If this happens to you, definitely reach out again to reiterate your interest. I think they deal with such a big number of candidates for various roles that it is sometimes easy for your email to sink to the bottom of their inbox. I heard back pretty quickly and had a phone interview set with another member of HR for the following week.

The phone interview was a pretty standard resume screening. Do some research on the company beforehand and know your resume. I think it really helps to talk about your ability to upward manage and deal with a variety of personalities, interest in serving their members beyond their expectations, and interest in the team environment. The HR representative I spoke with informed me at the end of our conversation she would like to invite me down to D.C.

My in-person interview was scheduled within two weeks or so after my phone interview. Advisory paid for my flights and overnight stay at a hotel next door. I had two interviews in the afternoon and each lasted for about an hour. Each interviewer was prompt, polite and happy to answer all my questions. One case study question.

Interview Questions
    • How would you go about filling an arena with inflated basketballs?   Answer Question

Coordinator Interview

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Advisory Board.

Took two weeks following submitting my resume online to be contacted for an interview (June). After this, there were two more interviews. The first was with an (I assume) entry level professional in that same position you were interviewing for in another department. The next was with a higher up. A third interview then takes place but the process took so long (at this point it was August) that I had already been offered another position at another company.

Interview Questions
    • Interview questions were pretty standard- mostly just asked to be walked through your resume. All in all the interview was more of a conversation than a question and answer session.   Answer Question

Jda Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Advisory Board.

Prepare indexes in depth ,How indexes work(logic),Joins, what did you do in the free time (did you learn any technology after college .
    Apart after your college project what was your other technologic challenge you took to show your interest in RDBMS.