Advisory Board Interview Questions

Updated 27 Oct, 2014
Updated 27 Oct, 2014

2.8

Research and Insights Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Advisory Board.

Initial Interview: On-campus recruiting. Behavioral. Very straightforward and every question was from Glassdoor, so read up!
    On-site interviews: They flew me to DC, which was great. There I had the 2 interviews (1 case and 1 behavioral), a snack break, and an "tentative" interview that was later cancelled. My interviewers were Senior Consultants and were relatively cold, so prepare for that if you're a cheerful person. The interview was cancelled for 3 out of 4 people I was with. The 4th guy did have his "tentative" interview. The receptionist lied profusely about the meaning of this cancellation, stating that it was simply due to the department being called into a meeting or leaving early because it was a Friday. Not particularly nice and I felt duped when I later read Glassdoor interviews that detailed this "tentative" interview trick that ABC uses to cut people. I haven't heard back yet, but those disrespectful lies alone are enough to make me not want to join this company.

Interview Questions
    • Research project question. Expect blunt observations from interviewers and little talk besides the questions.   Answer Question

Research Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Advisory Board.

First round interview was conducted over the phone and fairly straight forward. A lot of experience questions related to research. Be sure to prepare an answer related to a time that you conducted a research study, including methodology and findings.

Interview Questions
    • What would you change about your undergraduate university? When is a time that you conducted a research study?   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Advisory Board.

first round behavioral interview followed by an on-site interview that consisted of behavioral and business case-style questions; the interviewers were both enthusiastic and knowledgable and really listened to what you were saying; the cases were average difficulty

Research Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Advisory Board.

Very clear and straightforward. First phone interview was just behavioral. Second round was 2 cases, didn't get to the third. The first case was just a basic math problem. The second was an open ended case given some numbers, asking about what areas a non-profit hospital could invest in. It was hard because both seemed more confusing at first but really were very straightforward.

Interview Questions
    • Asked about a return on investment for things a hospital could do to spur growth.   Answer Question

Research Associate Interview

I applied through university career services. Received an email about a phone interview within a week. During the interview, the interviewer asked me basic behavioral questions. Prepare for the research project question. I discussed a performance I had written for a theater NGO though the interviewer asked for an academic research project example. Not sure which is better.

Analyst, Research and Insights Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Advisory Board.

Submitted resume through my university's job board. Got scheduled for an on-campus interview about a week later. The interview questions were fairly straightforward, mostly about my resume, my research experience, and a few behavioral questions. They invited me to interview in their DC office, which will happen in about a week. The on-site interview will involve speaking with 2-3 employees with case interviews and behavioral questions.

Interview Questions
    • What recommendation would you make to your school's administration?   Answer Question

Research Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC (US)

Applied online, then had a phone interview which was all behavioral. Was invited to their DC office for further interviewing. Three sessions of cases and behavioral. They really want someone who is specifically interested in health and medicine.

Interview Questions
    • Asked to elaborate on past research experience and why I was interested specifically in the advisory board.   Answer Question

Research and Insights Analyst Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Advisory Board.

I have had first round phone interview and am scheduled for final round interview. Phone interview seemed basic. They seemed to really just want to make sure you had a strong background in research and writing.

Senior Health Consultant Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Advisory Board.

The first was the phone interview with HR rep. During my phone interview the HR recruiter was a bit too enthusiastic where it seemed like she didn't really listen to my responses. She then asked about salary requirements and tried to tell me the position was in the 60-70 thousand range for a senior level position in DC! I told her I looked up the salary and it was much higher then what she was stating. She told me she would make a note that I was looking for a high range. I asked her why the range she was telling me was much lower then what I had found on Glassdoor and other sites for a senior position and she didn't really have an answer. I think because she was relatively new to the company and wanted to try to save the company some money by hiring a candidate who may not have all the knowledge for salary range prior to the hr screening call. Word of advice do your research and stand your ground to let them know you have done your homework!!!! I really did not appreciate how this particular HR rep really low balled the salary and I had to correct her and let her know that I knew she was going way below!

Interview Questions
    • All the questions were standard hr questions. For example why you want to work for the Advisory board....etc.   Answer Question

Sales and Marketing Associate Interview

Submitted resume and it took approximately one week to process. The first round happened on campus. Interviewers were very nice and friendly and asked basic behavior questions. Nothing really unexpected. If you prepare for all questions on this site, it should be fine. I'm still waiting for the result. They said it would take another two weeks to process.

Interview Questions
    • If you can change one of your school's policies, what would it be?
      Tell me about a time when you improved the efficiency of a process.
        Answer Question