Advisory Board

Relevance Date Difficulty

Sales and Marketing Associate Interview

Sales and Marketing Associate
Washington, DC (US)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Advisory Board.

Interview Details The interviewer was very punctual, extremely polite. She sent me the job description before the interview and wanted to make sure that I looked over it. I printed it out, but it was not necessary to have in front of you during the interview. We chatted on the phone for 20 minutes and then said that she would take 1-2 weeks to get back to me. The questions were the usual interview questions, but the big one was the administration question. Make sure you have thought about your answer before the phone conversation.

Interview Question – If there was something you could change about your schools administration, what would it be?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Salary too low

Health Care Consultant Interview

Health Care Consultant

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Advisory Board in May 2014.

Interview Details I interviewed twice with this company; and both times were horrible.

The first time the interviewer/recruiter did not call at the scheduled time. About an hour later I called to see what happen and ask to be rescheduled. New appt set up and the guy finally called. He was very dry and almost rude. He seemed annoyed when I asked questions.

About six months later I reapplied for the same position. And got scheduled with the same guy! And guess what? He didn't call on schedule. So again, an hour or so later I emailed the scheduler to tell her what happened and if I could reschedule. Some part of me wanted to just say forget it but decided against it.

When I finally heard back from the scheduler I asked if I could interview with a different person. I didn't address any reasons, just asked if it were possible. Ended up interviewing with a woman. She was actually pleasant. But I didn't move on in the process.

Overall, I say my experience was frustrating just doing a phone interview. They (recruiters) seem very unprofessional and already have their decision made before the interview

Interview Question – Tell me about a time you worked with large amounts of data   Answer Question

Health Care Consultant Interview

Health Care Consultant
Washington, DC (US)

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Advisory Board in June 2014.

Interview Details Applied through the company's online portal and also had an employee referral. After I submitted my application, I was contacted to set up a first round phone interview. The phone interview was pretty standard. The recruiter requested that I navigate through my resume and explain my experiences. I was then asked a few more questions, ex. Why do you want to work for the Advisory Board Company? How would you deal with a client that was not open to suggestions?

At the end of the interview, the recruiter answered questions I had about the role and the company and gave me an email address to follow up with additional questions I may have. I was told that the company would be in touch within 2 weeks to inform me if I had moved on to the next round or not. After the interview, I followed up with a thank you note to the recruiter, highlighted key points we spoke upon in the interview, and reiterated my interest in the company and position. After the 2 weeks had passed, and I sent an additional follow up email, I never heard anything regarding my standing for the position. It would have been courteous to receive an official update from the company stating that I was no longer in the running for the position, rather than being left no response.

Coordinator, Research and Insights Interview

Coordinator, Research and Insights
Washington, DC (US)

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Advisory Board in July 2014.

Interview Details I applied online sometime around mid-June 2014, and received an email beginning of July, offering me a phone interview. We had the phone interview about ten days later, asking basic things like "tell me about yourself," "Why the Advisory Board Company?" "How do you stay organized?" and "What do you think your responsibilities are in this role?" About a week after the phone interview, I was offered an in-person interview. I commuted to DC and had three half-hour interviews with people in multiple divisions, as they decided to interview me for multiple spots. Some interviews were with just one person, some were with two. They asked some basic questions to figure out how I work as a worker, and focused more on myself and how I think than my resume. For example, they ask things like "What motivates you?" "Tell me about a time you failed.", etc. Everyone who works there is extremely personable, passionate, and very smart, and from talking with them, you can tell they love their jobs. At the end of each interview, they offer time to ask them questions as well. I really hit it off with some of the interviewers and they told me I would hear by the end of the following week. Less than a day later, they offered me the job!

Interview Question – Why the Advisory Board Company?   Answer Question

Dedicated Advisor Interview

Dedicated Advisor
Washington, DC (US)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Advisory Board in March 2013.

Interview Details Pretty standard questions for behavioral question. What are your strengths and weaknesses. How do you think you could help the team. If you've made it this far, you're doing pretty well. They want to see your thought process and if you'll be a good fit for the team. Be prepared to answer a case question. If you haven't done one before google some. The question is to determine your thought process and reason for supporting.

Interview Question – Case question is going to be your most difficult   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They were not willing to negotiate salary I think this has to do with the ranges on the salary.

Marketing Associate Interview

Marketing Associate
Washington, DC (US)

I applied online - interviewed at Advisory Board in November 2013.

Interview Details Had an initial phone interview. Very easy, simple questions. Was invited out to DC for a preview day. Everyone was very nice and knowledgeable. Three one on one interviews and a lunch with a current associate. Nothing too complex- be prepared to share knowledge and interests regarding the healthcare industry and how your experiences align with the position at hand.

Interview Question – No difficult questions.   Answer Question

Staff Writer Interview

Staff Writer
Washington, DC (US)

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Advisory Board in July 2014.

Interview Details Phone interview with a recruiter who asked basic resume question and explained more about the position I had applied for, as well as other positions I may be interested. Followed by an in-person interview with different members of the different teams

Interview Question – What is a common misconception that people have about you?   Answer Question

Sales and Marketing Associate Interview

Sales and Marketing Associate

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Advisory Board.

Interview Details I was got the phone interview through an internal referral system. The tone of the interview was stigmatizing, and there was no conversation or feedback element whatsoever. I was never able to relax and be myself to answer the questions without awkwardly overanalyzing everything before I spoke, which is what I believe led to my demise.

Interview Question – They ask about your college GPA and whether or not it was a reflection of your work ethic.   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Senior Software Engineer

Interviewed at Advisory Board

Interview Details 4 rounds - 2 from Chennai , 2 from Austin

. . .

Interview Question – Understand how Amazon works
Understand how Google works
Also be prepared on Algo /DS . Big O, etc ..
  Answer Question

Junior Data Analyst Interview

Junior Data Analyst
Chennai (India)

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at Advisory Board in April 2014.

Interview Details Abco advisory services india private limited data analyst interview facts

mark zuckerberg fails in the screening round of Junior data analyst
Bills gates in the first round
Steve jobs in the The Final round
IIM has decided eligibility critieria for Junior data analyst , all the Principal with 20 + year exp can apply now
Rajnikanth became a Bus conductor because he knew he is not fit to be promoted as Data Analyst from Junior data analyst.

Interview Question – junior data analyst at ABCO is the highly paid salary in the world   Answer Question

Worked for Advisory Board? Contribute to the Community!