Adobe Interview Questions

Updated Aug 22, 2014
Updated Aug 22, 2014

3.2

Research Intern Interview

Started with a brief introduction of my own projects with some follow-up questions. Some are very detailed and technical, but nothing tricky. Then discussed a potential project and introduced briefly about intern life at Adobe and the site. The entire process was very friendly. A week or so later I received an offer.

Interview Questions
    • I was only expecting very high-level questions about my papers at school, but some of the questions dives deeply into the details. Anyway they are not difficult given I was the author of the papers.   Answer Question

Senior User Experience Strategist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Vancouver, BC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC

I applied through other source. The process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Adobe in March 2014.

I had not applied/submitted my résumé for this position, which was an interesting bit of information.

1. Received email from recruiter/talent acquisition specialist asking if I had any interest in position and a good time to call.

2. Spoke to recruiter, he had mentioned he would set something up with the hiring manager for the following Monday.

3. Had a phone interview with the hiring manager, ~30-45 minutes. Very fluid, comfortable, intelligent discussion.

4. That Wednesday, I had 3 interviews with members of the managers team. Again, ~30-45 minutes each, very comfortable conversations.

5. Was told I'd hear back in a few weeks - the wait game began!

6. The last possible day of the two weeks came, and it seemed a mad scramble, but Adobe wanted to fly me internationally to meet the manager over dinner, all expenses paid. Offer was made over dinner.

Interview Questions
    • Asking development library questions beyond front-end web development knowledge.   Answer Question
    Very little negotiation, but very little need to. Initially, they had found what my pay expectations were at. They exceeded my expectations by nearly 20%

Software Developer Interview

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Adobe.

Interview was really awesome. It was almost as though I was talking to friends about my passion etc.

Technical Support Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Ottawa, ON
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ottawa, ON

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at Adobe in June 2009.

Multistage (4 rounds) of interviews with HR, hiring manager, team, technical interview

Simple, the offer was discussed over the phone, room for negotiation of base pay but that's it. After that, the official offer was sent out for review and signing

Research Interview

The mentor carried a phone interview to talk about research. For research intern, they focus on if your background match their requirements. And then the mentor have the right to decide for an offer.

Summer Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Adobe in April 2014.

Almost everyone has a network connection into Adobe / reference before the interview process. I would recommend taking that route. Then, you'll undergo the regular hiring process, such as an online or phone interview and on-site meetings.

I met my managers/team before I was officially given an offer, which was slightly confusing because they talked as if I was a part of the team.. but I hadn't been communicated such by the recruiting team.

Interview Questions
    • Most questions are straightforward, about yourself, your skills, and what you'll bring to the team other-wise. No brain teasers, but you need to think quickly and give an honest, genuine response.   Answer Question
    No negotiation because I thought the pay was fine. I heard Adobe doesn't generally negotiate for interns, though.

Partnerships Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Adobe.

Referred by high level Adobe employee. Recruiting was amazing, thoughtful, informative and well tuned with the company needs. Interviewer was shocked I was female and I was dead on arrival as a result.

Interview Questions
    • "How do you feel about sometimes, just having to be one of the boys?"   View Answer

Senior Instructional Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Jose, CA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA (US)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Adobe in April 2012.

Lots of great questions, very conversational, but still difficult. I think the two primary interviewers may have been playing good cop/bad cop, they were both very friendly, but one was much more challenging than the other.

Interview Questions
    • When do you want to stop working? (retire...., I'm only 32 so this threw me off)
      How are you different from your manager?
      Lots of behavioral questions specific to my role
        Answer Question
    Good. They were friendly and valued me during the process. They budged on some things and were immoveable on others.

Technical Support Consultant Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Adobe in May 2010.

The interview process is very long. Mine took roughly 3 months. There are quite a few interviews including phone and onsite. I was interviewed by 6 different people as well as a peer group. They have changed it now to an all day interview that includes lunch and an interview with all of the managers.

User Experience Architect Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  McLean, VA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA (US)

I applied online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Adobe in June 2014.

The Adobe hiring process is direct and thorough. You will be told the expected number of calls, meetings, interviews and more. Professional and upfront at all times. HR screen, multiple peer/colleague rounds, in-person with leadership, calls w HQ staffers (peers and senior level). Sadly, Adobe was acting as if they had contracts in place and were in immediate need to hire (they weren't, and were still bidding on work).

Started out strong, then felt very amateur and rookie level, which was shocking from a company of Adobe's size.

Interview Questions
    • If you could hire a counterpart to compliment your skills, what would you look for.   Answer Question

Received verbal offer without their contract in place. HR offered the "just one more interview" stall tactic before I politely passed, which was a shame, this is a really exciting group!

Worked for Adobe? Contribute to the Community!