Adobe

Relevance Date Difficulty

Research Intern Interview

Research Intern

Interviewed at Adobe

Interview Details Started with a brief introduction of my own projects with some follow-up questions. Some are very detailed and technical, but nothing tricky. Then discussed a potential project and introduced briefly about intern life at Adobe and the site. The entire process was very friendly. A week or so later I received an offer.

Interview Question – I was only expecting very high-level questions about my papers at school, but some of the questions dives deeply into the details. Anyway they are not difficult given I was the author of the papers.   Answer Question

Senior User Experience Strategist Interview

Senior User Experience Strategist
Vancouver, BC

I applied through another source and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Adobe in March 2014.

Interview Details I had not applied/submitted my résumé for this position, which was an interesting bit of information.

1. Received email from recruiter/talent acquisition specialist asking if I had any interest in position and a good time to call.

2. Spoke to recruiter, he had mentioned he would set something up with the hiring manager for the following Monday.

3. Had a phone interview with the hiring manager, ~30-45 minutes. Very fluid, comfortable, intelligent discussion.

4. That Wednesday, I had 3 interviews with members of the managers team. Again, ~30-45 minutes each, very comfortable conversations.

5. Was told I'd hear back in a few weeks - the wait game began!

6. The last possible day of the two weeks came, and it seemed a mad scramble, but Adobe wanted to fly me internationally to meet the manager over dinner, all expenses paid. Offer was made over dinner.

Interview Question – Asking development library questions beyond front-end web development knowledge.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Very little negotiation, but very little need to. Initially, they had found what my pay expectations were at. They exceeded my expectations by nearly 20%

Software Developer Interview

Software Developer

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Adobe.

Interview Details Interview was really awesome. It was almost as though I was talking to friends about my passion etc.

Interview Question – Not really sure what to write here since there none   Answer Question

Technical Support Manager Interview

Technical Support Manager
Ottawa, ON

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at Adobe in June 2009.

Interview Details Multistage (4 rounds) of interviews with HR, hiring manager, team, technical interview

Negotiation Details – Simple, the offer was discussed over the phone, room for negotiation of base pay but that's it. After that, the official offer was sent out for review and signing

Very Difficult Interview

Senior Instructional Designer Interview

Senior Instructional Designer
San Jose, CA (US)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Adobe in April 2012.

Interview Details Lots of great questions, very conversational, but still difficult. I think the two primary interviewers may have been playing good cop/bad cop, they were both very friendly, but one was much more challenging than the other.

Interview Question – When do you want to stop working? (retire...., I'm only 32 so this threw me off)
How are you different from your manager?
Lots of behavioral questions specific to my role
  Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Good. They were friendly and valued me during the process. They budged on some things and were immoveable on others.

Technical Support Consultant Interview

Technical Support Consultant

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Adobe in May 2010.

Interview Details The interview process is very long. Mine took roughly 3 months. There are quite a few interviews including phone and onsite. I was interviewed by 6 different people as well as a peer group. They have changed it now to an all day interview that includes lunch and an interview with all of the managers.

Interview Question – I was asked to write coding on a white board   Answer Question

NONE Interview

NONE
Paris (France)

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Adobe.

Interview Details I have applied on line. I have several friends that work for Adobe in other countries and they are quite satisfied by their position.

The recruiter sends a mail to pursue with this position, then it forgets about the phone call that we just scheduled and after 1 day leaves a message on the phone saying to call back. Call back, no answer - then the rejection mail.

Sending back a mail to the recruiter for explanations .. oups .. let's reschedule it .. but how (?) since you already rejected my application .

Worst experience ever .. from a company like Adobe ..

Interview Question – The recruiter was too busy to process the application ..   Answer Question

User Experience Architect Interview

User Experience Architect
McLean, VA (US)

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Adobe in June 2014.

Interview Details The Adobe hiring process is direct and thorough. You will be told the expected number of calls, meetings, interviews and more. Professional and upfront at all times. HR screen, multiple peer/colleague rounds, in-person with leadership, calls w HQ staffers (peers and senior level). Sadly, Adobe was acting as if they had contracts in place and were in immediate need to hire (they weren't, and were still bidding on work).

Started out strong, then felt very amateur and rookie level, which was shocking from a company of Adobe's size.

Interview Question – If you could hire a counterpart to compliment your skills, what would you look for.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Received verbal offer without their contract in place. HR offered the "just one more interview" stall tactic before I politely passed, which was a shame, this is a really exciting group!

Very Difficult Interview

Senior Operations Engineer Interview

Senior Operations Engineer

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Adobe.

Interview Details Contacted based on LinkedIn profile and put in touch immediately with a hiring manager. Expectations for the role and the interview process were given up front. Quickly began phone interviews with key team members, first by phone and then in house. In house interview was a nearly all day event and included key people in the team and related teams. Some white-boarding was requested in-line with job requirements. No silly brain-teasers or off-topic curve balls. On-site interviews were followed up with an on-line proof-of-skills exercise covering most areas in the job requirement; was challenging but in-line with role expectations. One of the smoothest interview processes I have experienced.

Interview Question – The on-line skills assessment was a simplified, no doubt, mirror of real-world role tasks. Drew on every area of skill required for the position and was conducted via a screen-sharing session.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Straight forward, no hassle.

Account Development Manager Interview

Account Development Manager

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Adobe.

Interview Details I got contacted by a recruiter who had my resume on file. After the initial phone interview with the recruiter, I had a phone conversation with one of the managers in the ADM team. Shortly following that, I was given a week to develop a plan for my internship and to present it to several ADM managers.

Interview Question – Detailing your experience against quota.   Answer Question

Worked for Adobe? Contribute to the Community!