Accountemps

Getting the Interview

80 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Accounting Clerk Interview

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Accountemps.

Interview Details It was good.

Interview Question – You need to remember all the points on your resume.   Answer Question

Accounting Clerk Interview

Accounting Clerk

I applied online and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Accountemps.

Interview Details I applied online and got a call the following day. I was asked to do a few tests online; excel, data entry, accounting clerk. Went in for interview, got asked questions about past jobs; what I did? who I reported to? A typical day in the position I was working in? Why I left?

Interview Question – How many accounts were there in the bank reconciliation in my previous job?   View Answer

Account Payable Interview

Calgary, AB

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Accountemps.

Interview Details Asked to take several online knowledge and skills tests, such as basic accounting, excel, reconciliation, etc. and then went to an on-site interview, asking about background, work experience, career goal, job expectation, salary expectation, etc.

Interview Question – no difficult question   Answer Question

Senior Accountant--Salaried Professional Interview

Houston, TX (US)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Accountemps in November 2012.

Interview Details Interviewed for temp to hire position. I was brought in for more interviews with several different people. These positions often pay less than you could make working at a company. However, you get a much greater variety of work. The main thing is whether you can make it on the lower salary.

Interview Question – How do you handle working with a difficult person?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Based on salary guide for where I lived. I would suggest negotiating using salaries in the mid-range.

Office Manager Interview

Long Beach, CA (US)

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Accountemps in March 2013.

Interview Details The hiring process started easily enough. I got a phone call from one of their recruiters. She was very pleasant and made me feel at home. She sent me an email with a link to some application to fill out online. Instead of testing your skills in the office like they used to, they now allow you to take the typing and ten-key tests from your home. You are also given a word test and and excel test. The Excel test was the dumbest one I have ever taken. All of the questions are outdated and the way they want you to problem solve is not how anyone works with excel. For example, one of the questions asked you to perform the task of adding together several columns and getting a total but without using the automatic formula part of Excel. Who does that?

Interview Question – Where do you see yourself in five years?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation phase. I told them what I was interested in making.

Very Easy Interview

Temp Staff Interview

Indianapolis, IN (US)

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Accountemps in March 2010.

Interview Details I Interviewed by taking an onsite exam. I was rushed and later had to wait for 3 years before getting a call out of the blue for an assignment. I can't recall any question.

Negotiation Details – None, it was a take it or leave it case. I was desperate and needed something and so I had to take.

Very Easy Interview

Administrative Assistant Interview

Administrative Assistant
Tinley Park, IL (US)

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Accountemps in September 2012.

Interview Details Forwarded a resume online. Received a call requesting an interview. Asked to do a skills test online prior to interview which included a personality test. Waited in busy lobby full of potential candidates (temps) also waiting to interview /register for the service. Interview was a review of my test results and resume.I was told I scored well and my resume looked good. I also was told I would be contacted when a position that matched my skills was available. I was never contacted again

Interview Question – No difficult questions were asked during the interview. Some difficult questions/ skills were requested during the online testing. Nothing outside of my abilities or the average person with Microsoft Office skills and common sense.   View Answer

Administrative Assistant Interview

Administrative Assistant
Brandon, FL (US)

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Accountemps in February 2014.

Interview Details The interview was great! It was a wonderful chat with the recruiters about my experience and my future goals.

Interview Question – None. They were all pretty straight forward.   Answer Question

Accounting Interview

Accounting
San Antonio, TX (US)

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Accountemps in January 2014.

Interview Details I called to schedule an appointment with them after I applied online. I went in for the interview and testing the following week. I did well on the testing and was told to call back weekly. I would like to add though that some of the recruiters there are the biggest liars. One recruiter told me that she had been a controller. That's actually laughable. I guess she decided to take a step down just to become a recruiter. She also had the nerve to ask me if I would consider going back to school for a BA in Accounting. I have a Master of Science in Accounting. That just makes no sense to me. Fake promises and lies is usually what you get from them. They spend all this time asking questions just to disregard everything you tell them you are looking for. I was offered a job paying significantly less than what I told them was my minimum. Thanks, but no thanks. Unless, you're desperate, do not use these people. They also want you to tell them everyone that you're interviewing and applying with. They claim this is so they can help you...yeah, right!

Reason for Declining – It payed significantly less than my minimum and was only a temp assignment.

Accounts Payable Clerk Interview

Accounts Payable Clerk

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Accountemps in January 2014.

Interview Details Easy very professional. Discussed tests and salary.

Interview Question – How would you handle difficult situation   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Accountemps

Worked for Accountemps? Contribute to the Community!

Accountemps Videos

Accountemps – Why Work for Us?

Accountemps is the world's first and largest specialized temp agency for accounting, finance and bookkeeping professionals. Our temporary staffing solutions connect highly skilled professionals with the best companies… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Accountemps interview questions and advice. All 80 interview reviews are posted anonymously by Accountemps employees and interview candidates.