Accenture Interview Questions

3,077 Interview Reviews

2.9

Business Technology Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Accenture in October 2011.

Three rounds of interviews:
    1 - screener interview to expand upon your experience and resume details
    2 - in-depth behavioural interview where they ask two behavioural questions and really dig in to understand how you think
    3 - interview at their offices with two high level managers or partners, to understand your interests and where you would fit in Accenture

Interview Questions
    • Describe a situation where you faced a major conflict within a team, and how you dealt with it?   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Accenture in November 2009.

Actually interviewed in 2006 (this year not available under the drop-donw) on campus so I don't remember the details very well.

First round was screening to see if I know what the company does (travel expectations etc.) and if I am interested and generally presentable...

Second and final round consisted of two interviews: one with a senior manager and one with a partner. Both were behavioral interviews... only question I remember now is "what makes you think that you will be good at this job?"
    Despite the tone of this one question, the interviewers were generally very nice.

Interview Questions
    • What makes you think that you will be good at this job?   View Answer
    Did not have much room to negotiate coming right out of school.

Tech Support Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC

The process took a day - interviewed at Accenture in March 2009.

Written test, tour, 3 stage process of interviews with 3 tiers of management. First interview had 2 people, 2nd part was the first stage's boss, and the last was the top boss of the 2nd interviewer. Asked some silly questions about their own company's smtp server address. Why would you need to know that before you started working there?

Interview Questions
    • What distinguishes you from all the other candidates? Why should I hire you?   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON

The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Accenture in June 2009.

This was a three-stage interview. I sent in my resume through campus job fair. I was contacted for an on-campus interview. It was behavioral type questions. Then after passing that interview, it was an onsite interview with two different interviewers basically asking the same type of behavioral type questions and that was it.

Interview Questions
    I accepted the initial offer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Accenture in October 2010.

There were 3 rounds of interviews. They narrowed down the applicants based on resume and cover letter and if you got through, they invited you to a 1st round. This was done on my campus. It was simply a fit test. They want to see who you are, what kind of skills you have..why do u want to be a consultant and whether you can travel. It was only about 30 minutes long.

The second round was more intensive as you have to describe situations in detail and highlight skills such as problem solving, team work, multitasking, learning, etc. Use the STAR approach.

The third round was at the main office which in this case was in Mississauga. Its a nice office. Everyone was super nice. I think if you make it to this stage, you have a very good chance. The day consisted of 2 interviews, one with a senior manager or partner. The first interview, the interviewer actually told me she was here to convince ME to choose Accenture. The senior manager in the second interview seemed to really like me. I gave him advice on his iphone lol. He told me he was very impressed with my resume. I think they already have a good idea of who they are going to hire at this stage, so if it goes well you are likely going to get an offer.

Took less than a week to get an offer via email. I found the people at Accenture VERY welcoming and kind. Other firms like McKinsey and Deloitte that I interviewed with this year weren't as welcoming. However, they did help my interview skills and prep for my rounds with Accenture.

Interview Questions
    • describe a recent situation where u were faced with competing priorities. Be prepared to provide an overview of your role in the specific situation, key events (ie. Meeting you had with your lead, presentation you gave, or any action items), and the final conclusion. Then the interviewer will probe more into detail. 3 or 4 situational types of questions   Answer Question
    No negotiation I believe. I talked to HR and they said its a standard offer. You have to realize how competitive these consultant positions are. There are hundreds of people that would love to replace you. Work you're way up. Its like any other good profession. You have to start from the bottom.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Accenture in October 2010.

The interviewers at Accenture do a great job of making you feel comfortable from the get go. Upon arriving at the interview site, which took place on a university campus, I was immediately greeted by someone from Accenture who chatted with me while I waited for my interview.

So far I've had two interviews. When doing these interviews, keep in mind that ultimately, they need to be able to trust you with clients. And you need to show that you can be.

1. The first interview is a basic screener interview. At this moment, they are probably fairly impressed with your resume and cover letter, and want to see you in person. They just want to make sure you are who you say you are. Be prepared to talk a little bit about yourself, talk about what you know about Accenture, and what you think the role you are applying for involves.

2. The second interview is a behavioural interview. In preparing for this interview, I Googled "behavioural interview questions", and made myself a mental outline of what I would say. As expected the interview was a series of behavioural interview questions. Obviously, when giving examples, pick the best example that tells more than what is being asked for. For example, if you are asked to give an example of a time you solved a problem, pick an example that shows you also have technical skills, presentation skills, interpersonal skills, product knowledge, etc....

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Montreal, QC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montreal, QC

The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Accenture in October 2010.

1st Interview was completely behavioural. 30-minute one-to-one.

2nd Interview was also behavioural. One hour long

Interview Questions
    • You are in Engineering so why is it that you want to work in consulting?   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Calgary, AB
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calgary, AB

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Accenture in October 2010.

Contacted by Accenture recruiter for a position within the company. I had previously applied for a different position and was not contacted for that position. Initial screening by recruiter easy - 30 minutes. Follow-up phone interview for behavioral situations. Easy - 90 minutes. Follow-up phone interview on skills based questions. Moderate - 60 minutes. Final interview in person, not considered a "formal" interview - chance to meet face to face and ask questions about the company. Verbal phone offer given 5 days later. Accepted, decided not to negotiate as it was a fair offer and the negotiation would delay the process by 2-3 weeks. Waiting for written offer currently. Orientation date in two weeks.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a situation when you did not agree with your supervisor, what did you do about it?   Answer Question
    Nothing to negotiate. Sign on bonus only offered to those being asked to relocate.

PMO Analyst Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Mississauga, ON
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mississauga, ON

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Accenture in August 2010.

I had applied online on a graduate internship website for the position and was contacted the following week. A HR rep proceeded to clarify my academic credentials and asked me for confirmation of my experiences as well as my averages. After doing the initial resume screening, she sent me a final e-mail to confirm a phone interview the following week. This was to be a general interview, the first of 3 rounds.

I was asked to reiterate on my academic background, my interests, why exactly I was interested in the company and that position particularly (especially since I was an Engineer applying for a job primarily delving in project finance and management). The whole interview process was quite short; about 20-30 minutes in total with a few minutes at the beginning given to a review of what the position entailed and about Accenture itself. At the end there was a short question period after which she immediately let me know that I had qualified for the next interview round to be held the next week.

The second round was delayed but it was held promptly the week after. It was a situational interview, done over the phone, where I was asked how I would handle a number of situations. From what I'd heard from bulletin boards and friends, this was the toughest round in the interview process. I adopted the STAR (situation, task, action, response) technique to answer the situational questions. The whole interview lasted about 45 minutes at the end of which, I could ask questions about the next steps and anything else that confused me about the job. After that, I was told that I would be contacted by the HR rep who had done my first interview about my results. I received an e-mail within 2 hours that I had qualified for my final round the following week.

After about a week, I went to their main offices where I met a manager and a senior manager who were supposed to make the final hiring decision. The whole interview process lasted about an hour and a half. The first part of the interview was held by the manager who proceeded to interview me very informally. She asked me about why I wanted to get into Accenture and why that particular position and asked me why I had specifically wanted to make the switch from technical engineering to a more business-oriented role. She also asked me to run through my resume, listing where I demonstrated my qualifications, how my qualifications fit into the role, what some of key moments were in each of the jobs I'd held, etc. She took notes constantly and finally called in a senior manager. This round was less of an interview round and was more of a question period for me where I could ask specific questions about what the job entailed. He started off with the norm ('Why Accenture?', 'Why that job?') and then asked me more about my extra curriculars and how I'd been able to handle the whole work load while still in school. After about 10-15 minutes of talking, he asked me if I had any questions about the job and about the company after which I asked him for some particulars. I advise anyone who reaches this particular part of the interview to make sure they prepare good questions. While it's not mandatory to ask questions, it's always a good idea because it shows eagerness and interest and it gives you a way of selling yourself in a subtle manner.

The interview was held on a Friday morning. I was told I would be contacted the following week by the HR rep who had done my first interview once again. As promised, I was contacted about the offer for the internship.

In general, every person I'd dealt with during the entire process was extremely helpful and polite. I was treated with respect and I was given space to talk, ask questions and express myself.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a recent situation when you were responsible for solving a recurring or long standing problem.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when you dealt with extremely tight deadlines. What happened and what did you do?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a situation when you depended on somebody who wasn't cooperative.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when you had a complex project to organize.   Answer Question

Applications Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months - interviewed at Accenture in January 2008.

submit the resume to the website of the company,
    then get call from recruiter after 2 years when there's related position. Then get interviewed by HR for personality test, and the face to face interviewed by the team for technical interview, and then got 1:1 interview with the senior manager.