Accenture

Relevance Date Difficulty

Technology Consulting Analyst Interview

Technology Consulting Analyst
Montreal, QC

The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Accenture in October 2010.

Interview Details 1st Interview was completely behavioural. 30-minute one-to-one.

2nd Interview was also behavioural. One hour long

Interview Question – You are in Engineering so why is it that you want to work in consulting?   Answer Question

Calgary, AB

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Accenture in October 2010.

Interview Details Contacted by Accenture recruiter for a position within the company. I had previously applied for a different position and was not contacted for that position. Initial screening by recruiter easy - 30 minutes. Follow-up phone interview for behavioral situations. Easy - 90 minutes. Follow-up phone interview on skills based questions. Moderate - 60 minutes. Final interview in person, not considered a "formal" interview - chance to meet face to face and ask questions about the company. Verbal phone offer given 5 days later. Accepted, decided not to negotiate as it was a fair offer and the negotiation would delay the process by 2-3 weeks. Waiting for written offer currently. Orientation date in two weeks.

Interview Question – Describe a situation when you did not agree with your supervisor, what did you do about it?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Nothing to negotiate. Sign on bonus only offered to those being asked to relocate.

PMO Analyst Intern Interview

Mississauga, ON

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Accenture in August 2010.

Interview Details I had applied online on a graduate internship website for the position and was contacted the following week. A HR rep proceeded to clarify my academic credentials and asked me for confirmation of my experiences as well as my averages. After doing the initial resume screening, she sent me a final e-mail to confirm a phone interview the following week. This was to be a general interview, the first of 3 rounds.

I was asked to reiterate on my academic background, my interests, why exactly I was interested in the company and that position particularly (especially since I was an Engineer applying for a job primarily delving in project finance and management). The whole interview process was quite short; about 20-30 minutes in total with a few minutes at the beginning given to a review of what the position entailed and about Accenture itself. At the end there was a short question period after which she immediately let me know that I had qualified for the next interview round to be held the next week.

The second round was delayed but it was held promptly the week after. It was a situational interview, done over the phone, where I was asked how I would handle a number of situations. From what I'd heard from bulletin boards and friends, this was the toughest round in the interview process. I adopted the STAR (situation, task, action, response) technique to answer the situational questions. The whole interview lasted about 45 minutes at the end of which, I could ask questions about the next steps and anything else that confused me about the job. After that, I was told that I would be contacted by the HR rep who had done my first interview about my results. I received an e-mail within 2 hours that I had qualified for my final round the following week.

After about a week, I went to their main offices where I met a manager and a senior manager who were supposed to make the final hiring decision. The whole interview process lasted about an hour and a half. The first part of the interview was held by the manager who proceeded to interview me very informally. She asked me about why I wanted to get into Accenture and why that particular position and asked me why I had specifically wanted to make the switch from technical engineering to a more business-oriented role. She also asked me to run through my resume, listing where I demonstrated my qualifications, how my qualifications fit into the role, what some of key moments were in each of the jobs I'd held, etc. She took notes constantly and finally called in a senior manager. This round was less of an interview round and was more of a question period for me where I could ask specific questions about what the job entailed. He started off with the norm ('Why Accenture?', 'Why that job?') and then asked me more about my extra curriculars and how I'd been able to handle the whole work load while still in school. After about 10-15 minutes of talking, he asked me if I had any questions about the job and about the company after which I asked him for some particulars. I advise anyone who reaches this particular part of the interview to make sure they prepare good questions. While it's not mandatory to ask questions, it's always a good idea because it shows eagerness and interest and it gives you a way of selling yourself in a subtle manner.

The interview was held on a Friday morning. I was told I would be contacted the following week by the HR rep who had done my first interview once again. As promised, I was contacted about the offer for the internship.

In general, every person I'd dealt with during the entire process was extremely helpful and polite. I was treated with respect and I was given space to talk, ask questions and express myself.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a recent situation when you were responsible for solving a recurring or long standing problem.   Answer Question
  • Tell me about a time when you dealt with extremely tight deadlines. What happened and what did you do?   Answer Question
  • Tell me about a situation when you depended on somebody who wasn't cooperative.   Answer Question
  • Tell me about a time when you had a complex project to organize.   Answer Question

Applications Developer Interview

Applications Developer
Vancouver, BC

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3+ months - interviewed at Accenture in January 2008.

Interview Details submit the resume to the website of the company,
then get call from recruiter after 2 years when there's related position. Then get interviewed by HR for personality test, and the face to face interviewed by the team for technical interview, and then got 1:1 interview with the senior manager.

Interview Question – technical questions.   Answer Question

Project Director Interview

I applied through other source and the process took a day - interviewed at Accenture in May 2007.

Interview Details I was hired on a contract. I knew the Senior Executive that ran the department. I contacted him for networking purposes as I was looking for a new role at the time. We went to lunch, had a chat and he offered me a contract. I was brought in as a SME (subject matter expert).

Management Consulting Analyst Interview

Management Consulting Analyst
Toronto, ON

The process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Accenture in November 2009.

Interview Details Round 1. 30 minute formalities such as your willingness to travel
Round 2. longer, in depth look at 5 experiences..walked through in a HUGE amount of detail (down to what did you say then what did they say kind of thing); 1 interview
Round 3. office visit; go on site....2 interviews back to back..one case/one fit with an upper manager then presentations from HR and a tour of the building; met some new hires from the 2009 class

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to make an unpopular decision   Answer Question
  • How long do you expect to see yourself in consulting   View Answer

Negotiation Details – They explicitly stated that my offer was non negotiable. It seemed in line with payscale.com etc. so I accepted

Systems Integration Analyst Interview

Systems Integration Analyst
Montreal, QC

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Accenture in October 2008.

Interview Details 1 st interview: resume overview, personality check, background, asking personal questions. Easy.
2 nd interview: behavioural. questions such as describe leadership roles, describe a recent project, describe a time when you conflicted with co worker and so on. Lasted for an hour or so.
3 rd interview: will be tomorrow!

Senior Consultant Interview

Senior Consultant
Toronto, ON

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Accenture in February 2008.

Interview Details was with two people both one on one interviews. walked through my cv. questions were around experience previous engagements. the process is a complete hit and miss and depends on who you interview with and how desperate is the hiring situation. is dependant on marketplace. ofcourse your personality is important but market conditions play a key role.

Very Easy Interview

Consultant

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Accenture in September 2007.

Interview Details During the fall I was preparing cover letters and resumes for various consulting firms. I will say that I prepared tailored documents for the firms I was interested in, Accenture was not one of those. I submitted my information post campus recruitment presentation. Accenture replied immediately to my cloned application.

The initial interview with Accenture took place on campus. The interviewer was polite and asked questions regarding fit. The next interview took place a week later on site with 2 Senior Executives; I was flown out and they payed for my hotel. I would have expected no less.

Initially, I thought Accenture looked like a great place to work. The people seemed nice and very polite, however, I will admit that the quality of education and calibre of individual interviewing was not as high as the other firms I interviewed with. As such, I had some apprehensions about joining the firm.

The interviewers indicate the type of work that you would be doing but they left out a crucial element that most new hires enter Systems Integration and Technology- which is pretty horrible. They hide it because most people who end up in SI&T prefer to be in Management Consulting and International Markets (MCIM).

Be aware.

Interview Questions

• The questions were not difficult but I can supply some examples.
    1. What was the most difficult experience you've had in a team setting?
      Answer Question
  • Why do you think you have the skills to work for Accenture?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – If you end up with the other top 4 strategy firms - I would recommend joining them other than Accenture.

Toronto, ON

The process took 3 days - interviewed at Accenture in October 2007.

Interview Details This is for an entry level position (out of university).

The first interview was just looking over my resume with a manager. He asked me a few questions about my background.

The second interview, the manager asked questions like "what would you do in this sitatuion", or "tell me about a time..." He obviously had questions written down, and my answers were pretty mediocre, but I got the next interview.

The 3rd and 4th interview were conversational. Just know your skills well, what you have to offer, and ask interesting questions.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time when you had were able to convince someone to agree with you.   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Accenture