Accenture

2.9

Technology Consulting Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montreal, QC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montreal, QC

The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Accenture in October 2010.

1st Interview was completely behavioural. 30-minute one-to-one.

2nd Interview was also behavioural. One hour long

Interview Questions
    • You are in Engineering so why is it that you want to work in consulting?   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calgary, AB

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Accenture in October 2010.

Contacted by Accenture recruiter for a position within the company. I had previously applied for a different position and was not contacted for that position. Initial screening by recruiter easy - 30 minutes. Follow-up phone interview for behavioral situations. Easy - 90 minutes. Follow-up phone interview on skills based questions. Moderate - 60 minutes. Final interview in person, not considered a "formal" interview - chance to meet face to face and ask questions about the company. Verbal phone offer given 5 days later. Accepted, decided not to negotiate as it was a fair offer and the negotiation would delay the process by 2-3 weeks. Waiting for written offer currently. Orientation date in two weeks.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a situation when you did not agree with your supervisor, what did you do about it?   Answer Question
    Nothing to negotiate. Sign on bonus only offered to those being asked to relocate.

PMO Analyst Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mississauga, ON
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mississauga, ON

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Accenture in August 2010.

I had applied online on a graduate internship website for the position and was contacted the following week. A HR rep proceeded to clarify my academic credentials and asked me for confirmation of my experiences as well as my averages. After doing the initial resume screening, she sent me a final e-mail to confirm a phone interview the following week. This was to be a general interview, the first of 3 rounds.

I was asked to reiterate on my academic background, my interests, why exactly I was interested in the company and that position particularly (especially since I was an Engineer applying for a job primarily delving in project finance and management). The whole interview process was quite short; about 20-30 minutes in total with a few minutes at the beginning given to a review of what the position entailed and about Accenture itself. At the end there was a short question period after which she immediately let me know that I had qualified for the next interview round to be held the next week.

The second round was delayed but it was held promptly the week after. It was a situational interview, done over the phone, where I was asked how I would handle a number of situations. From what I'd heard from bulletin boards and friends, this was the toughest round in the interview process. I adopted the STAR (situation, task, action, response) technique to answer the situational questions. The whole interview lasted about 45 minutes at the end of which, I could ask questions about the next steps and anything else that confused me about the job. After that, I was told that I would be contacted by the HR rep who had done my first interview about my results. I received an e-mail within 2 hours that I had qualified for my final round the following week.

After about a week, I went to their main offices where I met a manager and a senior manager who were supposed to make the final hiring decision. The whole interview process lasted about an hour and a half. The first part of the interview was held by the manager who proceeded to interview me very informally. She asked me about why I wanted to get into Accenture and why that particular position and asked me why I had specifically wanted to make the switch from technical engineering to a more business-oriented role. She also asked me to run through my resume, listing where I demonstrated my qualifications, how my qualifications fit into the role, what some of key moments were in each of the jobs I'd held, etc. She took notes constantly and finally called in a senior manager. This round was less of an interview round and was more of a question period for me where I could ask specific questions about what the job entailed. He started off with the norm ('Why Accenture?', 'Why that job?') and then asked me more about my extra curriculars and how I'd been able to handle the whole work load while still in school. After about 10-15 minutes of talking, he asked me if I had any questions about the job and about the company after which I asked him for some particulars. I advise anyone who reaches this particular part of the interview to make sure they prepare good questions. While it's not mandatory to ask questions, it's always a good idea because it shows eagerness and interest and it gives you a way of selling yourself in a subtle manner.

The interview was held on a Friday morning. I was told I would be contacted the following week by the HR rep who had done my first interview once again. As promised, I was contacted about the offer for the internship.

In general, every person I'd dealt with during the entire process was extremely helpful and polite. I was treated with respect and I was given space to talk, ask questions and express myself.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a recent situation when you were responsible for solving a recurring or long standing problem.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when you dealt with extremely tight deadlines. What happened and what did you do?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a situation when you depended on somebody who wasn't cooperative.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when you had a complex project to organize.   Answer Question

Manager Consulting Technology Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calgary, AB

I applied through other source. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Accenture in July 2010.

Good, Pleasent. Had 3 interviews with consultants at diffrent level, First to discuss the technical skills and abilities. The next was by a SR. Partnere to discuss the lifestyle. All in all it was good, positive and quick.

Interview Questions
    • Not difficult but they wanted to know my previous experience   View Answer

Client Financial Management Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Accenture in July 2010.

had an initial phone interview which was straightforward, then was invited to an in person interview where i was interviewed by a manager and senior manager one at a time. after that, i got an offer letter within 2 weeks or so and started working right after with one training week.

Interview Questions
    • nothing unexpected, the only challenging question was answering about a time when you failed at something and what you did.   Answer Question
    didn't try to negotiate since it was better than what I had previously coming out of school.

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Accenture in May 2010.

you need to look at billing cycles and have no problem with working within a scripted answer system

Interview Questions
    • how would you handle a very rude anger client   View Answer

Programmer Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Accenture in April 2010.

The first round is telephonic interview and it is behavioral interview . Interviewer asks questions related to leadership, team work. The second round is technical which is face to face with manager and they ask you technical questions. The third round is HR , HR discusses the company's policies and salary . HR also ask the competency question which were asked in first round. After that HR also tells how long the process will take to notify you the results.

Interview Questions
    • What have you done in your last project or what was your role in the project?   Answer Question

Technology Consulting Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Accenture in March 2010.

An employee referred me, within 2 weeks I received a call from HR to set up a time for a phone interview. The phone interview was about half hour, going over the background of my resume, and the travel aspects of the job. I received an email shortly after to set up a face to face interview with another HR rep. This interview was about 45 minutes, mostly behavioral questions regarding my past experiences, why Accenture, and how I dealt with conflict. After the interview I was contacted by HR again to let me know that I would be moving forward to the last stage - 2 back to back interviews with sr.managers. Both of them would have to be in agreement in order for me to get hired. The back to back interviews were more intensive. The first manager actually reviewed my university transcript and commented on my courses I was taking. Both the managers went through more behavioral questions and asked more about my technical experience skill set. The turnaround time was really quick. I did the interviews on a Friday, and by Monday morning HR had called me to let me know I had received an offer.

Interview Questions
    • Why Accenture?   Answer Question
    • Who are our competitors?   View Answer
    • Tell me about a time that your manager/senior and you had a difference of opinion and how you worked through it   Answer Question
    There was no negotiation phase, as I was a new grad. There was a signing bonus of $3000.

Associate Software Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Accenture in March 2010.

The interview is fairly simple. I had no technical interview but rather 2 HR interviews. The only mention of technical ability is how I would rank myself. The interviewer was friendly and made general conversation. The HR interview was very specific.

Interview Questions
    • Do you mind moving to a different city, do you mind working in a night shift, what do you know about Accenture.   View Answer
    no negotiation

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Accenture in November 2009.

Actually interviewed in 2006 (this year not available under the drop-donw) on campus so I don't remember the details very well.

First round was screening to see if I know what the company does (travel expectations etc.) and if I am interested and generally presentable...

Second and final round consisted of two interviews: one with a senior manager and one with a partner. Both were behavioral interviews... only question I remember now is "what makes you think that you will be good at this job?"
    Despite the tone of this one question, the interviewers were generally very nice.

Interview Questions
    • What makes you think that you will be good at this job?   View Answer
    Did not have much room to negotiate coming right out of school.