Accenture

Updated 4 Mar, 2015
3,577 Interview Reviews

2.9

Technology Consulting Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Accenture.

3 stage interview.
    1) Screening at the university were they asked basic behavioural questions and gave a brief background on the company
    2) If they like you after the screening the will contact you and you will go their offices for 2 other interviews.

Technology Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON
    Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Accenture in January 2015.

I applied online through the company website, and about 2 weeks later I was contacted for an interview. The first interview is a Digital interview, a new process where companies have pre-recorded questions and you record your answer over a webcam that they can review. There were 3 questions and you have 3 chances for each. Next was an in person interview at their head office downtown. After being successful with that there is a phone interview that is much more detailed and situational with someone from US. I didn't make it to the final round, but after the phone interview there is a final interview at their office downtown.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to work for Accenture?
      What does an analyst do in your opinion?
      How does Accenture help its clients with technology?
      Other behavioural questions.

Answer Question

Data Center Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Accenture in January 2015.

4 rounds of interview. First 2 rounds were through phone and next 2 were direct interviews. Included both behavioral and technical round. First round was HR and it was a normal interview, asked about experiences and other stuff. Second round was behavioral round. It is better to be ready with good stories ( In STAR kind of format). Next round was technical, it was related to our previous experience and technology. And the final round was with Director. All round took almost 1 hour expect the first one. Interviewer was very friendly and overall it was a positive experience.

Interview Questions
    • Behavioral : conflict between peer, about a tough project etc
      technical : Related to previous work and project.

Answer Question

Management Consulting Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Accenture.

I interviewed for the MCDP program- Management Consultant Development Program, as an Analyst. Two rounds: first round conducted at the university (one behavioural interview with manager, one mini case that was highly analytical with manager and one consulting case with manager) and a final round at the main office in Toronto (informal group discussion, behavioural interview with senior manager, case interview with manager). Interview process is pretty typical compared to other consulting firms and I felt that Accenture made concerted efforts to make you feel more comfortable- would have group meeting rooms to hang out before your individual interview and would have employees to chat with you/ coffee and snacks. The people there were consistently helpful and friendly- throughout the process I was always introduced to new faces when people thought that these new contacts would be able to connect with my interests/ answer questions. By the end of the process, I had gotten to know over 10 individual people from the firm very well.

Interview Questions
    • Don't be fooled by the term "mini-case." It is a short case that is based only on graphs and data, so be very comfortable with calculating margins, ROI, payback, relative market share etc. This is where they really test your calculation capabilities so if you make errors here you'll likely get cut (you can't make computational errors on the job!)   View Answer
    Negotiated start date- they are flexible on this. Salary and bonus are fairly set and you don't have much negotiating power coming out of university- especially from a target b-school where everyone has at least one other offer.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Accenture.

First Interview: Phone interview with HR. Nothing surprising, basically questions about your resume, why Accenture, and they even ask you if you have any questions about the positions that you applied for.

Second Interview: Phone interview with another recruiter. This time it is all behavioral questions so make sure you have a few good examples from your previous work experience.

Third interview: Two back-to-back interviews with the managing director and a senior manager. It was more like a conversation to determine if you are a good fit for the company.

The HR person was very fast with the responses. I got the results of my third interview a day after.

Interview Questions
    • What is your most and least favorite course during school?   Answer Question

Systems Integration Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Accenture.

There were four interviews. The first screening interview took place on campus, and involved just some basic information. Nothing too stressful, but somehow quite a few people were filtered out right then. The second interview also took place on campus and involved quite a bit more, including role-playing scenarios and technical questions. They also review your transcript, which can be nerve-wracking, but a poor transcript didn't prevent me from moving further. The final two interviews, which took place in the office, were more behavioural, and felt more like friendly chats with senior leadership rather than a difficult interview.

Interview Questions
    • Having to explain the reasons for some very poor grades in university.   Answer Question

Operations Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Calgary, AB
    Anonymous Employee in Calgary, AB

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Accenture in November 2014.

Initial appointment call - Got a call from a recruiter in Toronto, asking me basic questions about salary, what I expect on the job, and why I would like to work for them. Overall I believe the interview went well- 30 minutes phone call

Behavioural Virtual Interview - Started off with a form of ice breaker discussion and then the question streamed out from there and I answered based on my experiences. no big deal just need to answer with full sentences. This lasted for up to 1 hour

Interview Questions
    • I felt it was rather inappropriate asking about my child care options. That should be left for me to take care of. I answered it to the best of my ability   Answer Question

Analytics Senior Consultant Interview

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Accenture.

1 Recruiter Interview (Assess for fit)
    2 Senior Manager Interviews (Assess for my analytic knowledge... straight forward asking of what I did in the past work places and drilling into the analytics)
    1 Managing Director (Fit + semi-technical interview)
    One of the senior manager interviews was in person and everything else on the phone.

Interview Questions
    • The MDs very technical as well. Was cool that I was able to have a deep dive into the deep Analytics with the MD.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Montreal, QC

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Accenture in October 2014.

The process had 3 steps and took about a month.
    Before every interview, they send you a link to a web-app where you have interview details such as the name of your interviewer(s), and a few tips. After each interview, they take the candidate to a room where they can chat with current consultants and analysts and ask questions, which is very nice.

1. General fit interview - 40-50 minutes - Half of it were questions, which were very basic such as "Why do you want to work for Accenture?", "Why do you want to work in consulting?", "What interests you about technology", "Tell me about your self?", "What are your other interests beyond school and work?". The other half of the interview was for me to ask questions, or to add anything about myself the interviewer may not have touched upon, which I wanted to talk about.
    This is the most selective interview as they weed out a big chunk of the applicants then.

2. Behavioral interview - 40-50 minutes - There were only three questions : "Tell me about a recent project you have worked on", "Tell me about a conflict you have had and how you dealt with it?", and "Tell me about a challenging project you worked on?". The tricky part here is that the interviewer was interrupting to probe further for more details. There were a least 3-4 drill-down questions for each of my answers. It can be a little unsettling. The best for those is to be very clear and structured in the answers, and follow a classic description of the situation, your specific role in the solution solving, what actions you have taken, what were the result and what you learned.

3. Interview with partners - company tour + 2 back-to-back interviews with partners. The interview was a mix of the past two interview : part fit questions, part behavioral, and part discussion. It's all about how well you get along with the partner on this one.

Interview Questions

I had an offer from another company, which I had a better feeling of

Anonymous Employee in Montreal, QC

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Accenture in October 2014.

I applied online, got a call about a week later. The interview process was in three rounds.
    The first round was very conversational and one does not really need to prepare (except perhaps company research). Just talk about yourself and explain why you are interested in working there. The second interview was behavioural and about 3 in-depth questions were asked over a span of about 45 min, with the interviewer drilling down on more details. If you have a good memory and good examples of times where you handled a situation well then this isn't as difficult as people say.
    I did not make it to the third round.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you had to deal with a difficult customer.   Answer Question