Accenture

3,344 Interview Reviews

2.9

Management Consulting Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Accenture.

I interviewed for the MCDP program- Management Consultant Development Program, as an Analyst. Two rounds: first round conducted at the university (one behavioural interview with manager, one mini case that was highly analytical with manager and one consulting case with manager) and a final round at the main office in Toronto (informal group discussion, behavioural interview with senior manager, case interview with manager). Interview process is pretty typical compared to other consulting firms and I felt that Accenture made concerted efforts to make you feel more comfortable- would have group meeting rooms to hang out before your individual interview and would have employees to chat with you/ coffee and snacks. The people there were consistently helpful and friendly- throughout the process I was always introduced to new faces when people thought that these new contacts would be able to connect with my interests/ answer questions. By the end of the process, I had gotten to know over 10 individual people from the firm very well.

Interview Questions
    • Don't be fooled by the term "mini-case." It is a short case that is based only on graphs and data, so be very comfortable with calculating margins, ROI, payback, relative market share etc. This is where they really test your calculation capabilities so if you make errors here you'll likely get cut (you can't make computational errors on the job!)   View Answer
    Negotiated start date- they are flexible on this. Salary and bonus are fairly set and you don't have much negotiating power coming out of university- especially from a target b-school where everyone has at least one other offer.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Accenture.

First Interview: Phone interview with HR. Nothing surprising, basically questions about your resume, why Accenture, and they even ask you if you have any questions about the positions that you applied for.

Second Interview: Phone interview with another recruiter. This time it is all behavioral questions so make sure you have a few good examples from your previous work experience.

Third interview: Two back-to-back interviews with the managing director and a senior manager. It was more like a conversation to determine if you are a good fit for the company.

The HR person was very fast with the responses. I got the results of my third interview a day after.

Interview Questions
    • What is your most and least favorite course during school?   Answer Question

Systems Integration Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Accenture.

There were four interviews. The first screening interview took place on campus, and involved just some basic information. Nothing too stressful, but somehow quite a few people were filtered out right then. The second interview also took place on campus and involved quite a bit more, including role-playing scenarios and technical questions. They also review your transcript, which can be nerve-wracking, but a poor transcript didn't prevent me from moving further. The final two interviews, which took place in the office, were more behavioural, and felt more like friendly chats with senior leadership rather than a difficult interview.

Interview Questions
    • Having to explain the reasons for some very poor grades in university.   Answer Question

Operations Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calgary, AB
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calgary, AB

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Accenture in November 2014.

Initial appointment call - Got a call from a recruiter in Toronto, asking me basic questions about salary, what I expect on the job, and why I would like to work for them. Overall I believe the interview went well- 30 minutes phone call

Behavioural Virtual Interview - Started off with a form of ice breaker discussion and then the question streamed out from there and I answered based on my experiences. no big deal just need to answer with full sentences. This lasted for up to 1 hour

Interview Questions
    • I felt it was rather inappropriate asking about my child care options. That should be left for me to take care of. I answered it to the best of my ability   Answer Question

Analytics Senior Consultant Interview

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Accenture.

1 Recruiter Interview (Assess for fit)
    2 Senior Manager Interviews (Assess for my analytic knowledge... straight forward asking of what I did in the past work places and drilling into the analytics)
    1 Managing Director (Fit + semi-technical interview)
    One of the senior manager interviews was in person and everything else on the phone.

Interview Questions
    • The MDs very technical as well. Was cool that I was able to have a deep dive into the deep Analytics with the MD.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Accenture in October 2014.

1st Round: In-office visit with a senior manager. It was a 30 minute screening interview (What do technology analysts do? Why Accenture? Tell me about _ from your resume, etc).

2nd Round: Phone call with a recruiter contractor. This was a 45 in-depth situational/behavioural interview, only 3 questions were asked (E.g. Tell me about a time you had to deal with conflict in a team setting).

3rd Round: In-office visit with presentation, time to mingle with other candidates, etc. There were 2 back-to-back 45 minute situational/behavioural interviews with 2 senior managers. A mix of question from both 1st round and 2nd round.

Interview Questions
    • 1. What are the trends in the technology industry? What is 'digital'?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montreal, QC

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Accenture in October 2014.

The process had 3 steps and took about a month.
    Before every interview, they send you a link to a web-app where you have interview details such as the name of your interviewer(s), and a few tips. After each interview, they take the candidate to a room where they can chat with current consultants and analysts and ask questions, which is very nice.

1. General fit interview - 40-50 minutes - Half of it were questions, which were very basic such as "Why do you want to work for Accenture?", "Why do you want to work in consulting?", "What interests you about technology", "Tell me about your self?", "What are your other interests beyond school and work?". The other half of the interview was for me to ask questions, or to add anything about myself the interviewer may not have touched upon, which I wanted to talk about.
    This is the most selective interview as they weed out a big chunk of the applicants then.

2. Behavioral interview - 40-50 minutes - There were only three questions : "Tell me about a recent project you have worked on", "Tell me about a conflict you have had and how you dealt with it?", and "Tell me about a challenging project you worked on?". The tricky part here is that the interviewer was interrupting to probe further for more details. There were a least 3-4 drill-down questions for each of my answers. It can be a little unsettling. The best for those is to be very clear and structured in the answers, and follow a classic description of the situation, your specific role in the solution solving, what actions you have taken, what were the result and what you learned.

3. Interview with partners - company tour + 2 back-to-back interviews with partners. The interview was a mix of the past two interview : part fit questions, part behavioral, and part discussion. It's all about how well you get along with the partner on this one.

Interview Questions

I had an offer from another company, which I had a better feeling of

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montreal, QC

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Accenture in October 2014.

I applied online, got a call about a week later. The interview process was in three rounds.
    The first round was very conversational and one does not really need to prepare (except perhaps company research). Just talk about yourself and explain why you are interested in working there. The second interview was behavioural and about 3 in-depth questions were asked over a span of about 45 min, with the interviewer drilling down on more details. If you have a good memory and good examples of times where you handled a situation well then this isn't as difficult as people say.
    I did not make it to the third round.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you had to deal with a difficult customer.   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Applied online and was contacted for the first round of interviews conducted on campus. Connected with the interviewer and successfully moved onto the second round. The second round was done over the phone and it did not go well.

Interview Questions
    • questions were straightforward for the most part- it was the tone of the telephone interviewer that put me off   Answer Question

Work Place Interview

He asked me whether i am allowed to work in USA. I am applying for a Canadian job. And he said no. The interview took about 1 min, and I prepared for the interview for one whole day.