Accenture Interview Questions in Houston, TX

3.1

23 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Management Consulting Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Accenture in February 2014.

Began with recruiting sessions on campus. Submitted a resume, cover letter and transcript. Only one round of interviews, with two interviews each consisting of a case and behavioral interview.

None

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX (US)

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Accenture in November 2013.

Was told it was a seven step process. I made it only to #4. Questions were initially very specific to my Resume. Was asked to explain in detail each period of employment in the list. Later on it got to how I handled pressure, adversity etc. Was asked to rate myself on a scale of novice to expert on several things not listed in the job requirements.

Interview Questions
    • Explaining to the HR guys aspects of my previous jobs that these had no clue about. They pretended to understand.   Answer Question

Systems Integration Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX (US)

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Accenture in September 2013.

The interview was in three stages:
    1- A short, 15-minute phone interview with a recruiter who asked me basic questions about my school, GPA, etc. She told me where I would be working and all about the interview process. She was super nice and very helpful.
    2- A 45-minute behavioral interview with a different recruiter. He asked me basic behavioral questions such as - When was a time that you had to convince someone to do something? - Have you ever had a difficult situation that you needed to resolve? -
    3- An onsite visit that consisted of a 45-minute presentation about the company and its benefits, followed by two 45-minute 1:1 behavioral interviews with senior management. The presentation was by three analysts who were laid-back and nice. The first interviewer was laid-back and it was more like a conversation. Just know your resume really well. The second interviewer was a little more intense, but it was still more of a conversation than an interview. Make sure you know your resume! He asked about C++, which I hadn't taken in 2 years.
    The overall experience was really laid-back and easy. Just be personable and smile.

Interview Questions
    • What are the principals of (something I had forgotten to take off my resume because I had taken it so long ago)?   View Answer
    There was no negotiation, the offer was VERY competitive.

Systems Integration Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX (US)

I applied online - interviewed at Accenture in April 2013.

I applied online and received an email from an HR recruiter within a few weeks. She scheduled a 15 minute phone interview which was an initial check to make sure that I qualified for the position. After this call, she scheduled another one hour phone interview with a different person from HR. This interview consisted of four behavioral questions where I had to list three main events that occurred within each answer. The three main events threw me off a bit but the interviewer was really nice and helped me out. The final interview was in the Houston office and consisted of a one hour presentation about Accenture with a Q&A session, tour and two 30-45 minute behavioral interviews with two different managers. During this final interview, we were asked to rank cities with Accenture offices we preferred to work in. I ranked Houston, Austin and San Francisco as my top three. I received an offer in the San Francisco office about a week later and accepted the offer. Looking back, I am happy that I accepted in offer in San Francisco instead of Houston or Austin because the clients in the bay area are much more aligned with my interests.

Interview Questions
    • What is your greatest weakness?
      What is a course you have taken unrelated to your major?
        Answer Question
    The offer exceeded my expectations so I did not negotiate. The cost of living is higher on the west coast so my offer was greater than my salary in Houston at the time.

Systems Integration Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX (US)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Accenture in November 2012.

I approached the Accenture booth at the 2012 SWE conference and got an informal 1st round interview the next day, the 2nd day of the conference. This consisted of a recruiter asking me what I knew about an Analyst's role. I didn't prepare much for this, it was very informal.

2nd round: I received an email two weeks later telling me I had been selected for a phone interview, which I scheduled for a couple days later. This, I had heard, was the make-or-break interview. It was 30 minutes of behavioral questions; it's a good idea to give detailed and relevant answers. Prepare for this portion and it should go smoothly.

3rd round: I was scheduled for a Houston office visit a couple of days later. They will pay for airfare and hotel. This lasted 3 hours. There were a few other college candidates there like myself. We were all given a 1.5 hr presentation together which outlined our role and what it's like to work there. After that, there were two 45-min interview with two different managers. These were extremely informal. I answered a question or two but they were more or less conversations about what it's like to work there. I asked a lot of questions because I was genuinely curious. Interviewed on Friday and got the offer on Monday.

Interview Questions

I decided I didn't want to be a consultant.

Management Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX (US)

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Accenture in September 2012.

Accenture hosted a number of networking events at which they introduced current Consultants and explained the company culture. They keep track of attendance at these events so it's crucial to attend. I submitted my resume and they invited me to a first-round interview. I had to separate, roughly hour-long case interviews. The first was a conversational case which was pretty nebulous and confusing. The second was a more quantitative case. Both interviewers were kind but to-the-point.

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX (US)

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Accenture in April 2012.

(1) Phone Interview - HR questions relating to job experience (15 min)
     -background
     -interest in job
     -why I fit the role
    (2) Phone Interview - HR questions relating to specific work experience (30 min)
     -work experience
     -performance questions

Salary

Flex Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX (US)

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Accenture in January 2012.

4 interviews - Phone Interview with HR, Skills Test, Behavioral and Face to Face. All interviews were over the phone except the last one. Prepare to give a description of your experience that is in line with their accountability, responsibilities or qualifications. Give specific measure answers. Additionally be prepared with your star questions for behavioral interview.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you had to present controversial information.   Answer Question
    • Tell me a situation when you had to work with someone who is difficult to get along with or less cooperative. Give me an example of when this happened to you and how you handled it.   Answer Question

Management Consulting Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX (US)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at Accenture in August 2011.

I was contacted by Accenture Recruiter about their interest in talking to me about a Sr Manager opportunity in their Management Consulting practice. Initial phone interview was rescheduled a few times. Good discussions with another sr manager which included a case discussion. During the phone interview itself the Sr manager felt that I was doing well and discussed next round options. In person discussions scheduled in Houston office. Met with a few sr managers and partners. Got a call later in the day that all gave very positive feedback. More personal details were requested for background check to extend an offer. I was then requested to get on the phone with another sr partner who suggested that I talk to another sr partner in an adjacent practice.

I work for a big corporation currently. I wanted to work for a nimbler organization and hence I was interested in Accenture's MC practice that is relatively smaller. While Accenture has smart people, it unfortunately behaves like a big corporation with lots of processes, slow decision making. It also felt like everyone at various levels in the organization wanted to have an input on every decision. This is generally indicative of other problems in the organization.

Interview Questions
    • Give an example of when I envisioned, project managed and successfully executed a Project   Answer Question

I T Business Systems Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX (US)

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Accenture in July 2011.

Phone interview, then in-person interview.

Interview Questions
    What rate do I want, they said they will try to meet it. They went back and came up to almost what I wanted. I think it depends on the project and one's experience.

Worked for Accenture? Contribute to the Community!