Accenture Interview Questions in Chicago, IL

3.1

83 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

User Experience Interaction Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL (US)

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Accenture in August 2014.

It's a 4 step interview process.

1 - Phone Screen with recruiter. They will go through your prior experience with a fine tooth comb to determine whether or not you have the years of experience for the role.
    2 - Phone Interview with a manager. This interview with also assess your technical skills for the position.
    3 - Situational/Behavioral Interview with another recruiter.
    4 - Virtual Meeting with hiring manager. At this stage, they have assess your qualifications and experience, now it's determining the right fit.

Interview Questions
    • Typical questions regarding your experience. Nothing difficult.   Answer Question

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL (US)

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Accenture in March 2010.

Phone interview three rounds that also depends on what position you are getting hired there could me more round of phone interviews but at minimum expect three round of interview and then a face-to-face inteview with one of the sposoring partner. After that there will be a behavioural interview to for HR to to understand how you will take a decision depending on the different client situations.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a client situation and how did you take the decision   Answer Question

Business Intelligence Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL (US)

I applied online - interviewed at Accenture in April 2010.

First step was an HR call, mostly ask why you're looking and if you're aware of the high amount of travel. Next step was an in person interview with an Executive who did a skills test and immediately after was the confirming interview with another executive where you're given the opportunity to ask any questions you want.

Interview Questions
    • Asked to sketch out on a white board an entire data model -- caught me off guard but went fine.   Answer Question
    No problem negotiating for a slighter higher base (asked for 5k more than I was offered)

Legal Administration Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL (US)

I applied online - interviewed at Accenture.

The interview may vary, but all have to go through a very grueling interview which includes a personality test. The candidate does not know that it's happening when he/she is being interviewed though. It's Accenture's way of making sure they hire the right people that fit the Accenture culture.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me a time you disagreed with your supervisor and why?   View Answer
    Yes - they are very open to negotiating if the candidate is selected.

Business Intelligence Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL (US)

I applied online. The process took 8 weeks - interviewed at Accenture in April 2012.

Was contacted for a 'Business Intelligence Consultant' role in Australia. Was a phone screen interview and the HR was very impressed with my resume and the skill set and decided to move with the next steps. She mentioned that there will be phone screen interviews by the managers of the different teams. She was quite flexible with the interview timings as I based in the US at that time. Had 6 more phone interviews with the managers based in Australia, Singapore and UK. After the phone screen interviews, I was flown to their Chicago office for a video interview with the Business Intelligence department manager. Interview was ok but he kept on asking me why I want to move to Australia? Was an ok interview with very generic questions. Lots of 'What if' questions but nothing very specific. Was told that the HR would get back to me but I never got any reply from Accenture. Followed up with the HR by emails and a couple of calls but no answer.
    Was extremely unprofessional of Accenture not to provide an answer. Had to go through over 7 hours of interviews but never got the final decision.

Interview Questions
    • Lot of 'What if' and career/goal oriented questions. Nothing too difficult   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL (US)

I applied through other source - interviewed at Accenture.

Hired a long time ago 14 years, remember it being very structured with multiple tiers of interviews with various levels of the company. Required on your feet thinking and communication, values problem solving and listening skills.

Interview Questions
    • Asked a number of hypothetical questions some of which were very abstract. Don't remember all the details.   Answer Question

Technology Consulting Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL (US)

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Accenture in January 2012.

I applied for a new grad position from Accenture’s careers website. After a HR phone screen I was flown out to Chicago for three interviews. All the interviews were just normal conversations to gage how interact with people/clients. Questions were all situational to see how you would handle a problem.

Interview Questions
    • All questions were pretty straight forward, nothing unexpected.   Answer Question
    For an offer to upcoming college graduates there is no negotiation

Senior Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL (US)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Accenture in October 2010.

I had four interviews. Initial interview was with a recruiter. 2nd interview was with a member of HR. 3rd interview was behavioral based and with a senior manager. Final interview was in-person and with a senior manager. It was very relaxed and was more for me to ask any questions.

Interview Questions
    • I don't think any of the questions were difficult at all. They were all standard of most interview processes.   Answer Question

CIO New Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL (US)

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Accenture.

I Applied Online one day on their own website's job page after reading about how it was top 10 places to work for New College Grads. After applying I was contacted via Email about a week later by a recruiter. She me it would be a 3 Stage Interview process. The first stage was a 30 minute Screening Interview where she briefed me on the position and the company and then we went over my Resume and why I wanted to work their and simple things like that. After that first screening interview I heard back two days later that I had made it to the 2nd round which was a Situational and Behavioral Interview that would last 1 hour. I was very nervous about this one and spent an entire week reading questions and preparing answers. I came up with about 7-8 detailed stories from my school work and group projects where I lead or helped solve something. The recruiter asked 4 main questions and then asked for much more detailed answers (how were you feeling when that happened, what was your first reaction when that problem came about, why did you think that was the best way to handle that situation, what was the outcome.) The interview only took 40 minutes and I made some small conversation with the recruiter and asked a few questions that I had prepared myself to ask them. About a week later the Recruiter called and told me that I had done very well and that I made it to the final interview which would be at the Chicago Accenture Office and would be a 5 hour long process of interviews, presentations, and networking. The flew me out there and put me up in a hotel nearby.

Got to the office and it was myself and two other potential candidates very similar to me (just about to graduate college). Sat down in the interview room with 4 Accenture Employees. One was the original recruiter I had spoken with all along, there was another recruiter, and then 2 employees that had started in the position I was applying for. For first part of Day they gave a presentation on the company, the position, benefits, culture, diversity...etc. Then I had a 40 minute one-on-one interview with someone else in the company. It was very similar to the Situational interview I had earlier but the girl was very friendly and we talked casually as well. Then after that the 7 of us all had lunch together in the original meeting room (which was very good I might add). We all just had a very casual chat about Chicago and our interests and things. After lunch there was another one-on-one interview with another employee in Accenture (he seemed to be a higher up manager). This interview was tougher and wanted me to go into way more detail about things I have done and also asked me why he would want to put me on his team. After that they gave a tour of the office and just had a little more casual talk about the place. Overall it was a positive experience and I had a great time. Everyone I spoke with was very friendly and the office was very casual and modern. Everything I was concerned about with the company beforehand was in fact the opposite. I was worried that Accenture would be very professional and "corporate" and that it would be all cubicles, but instead Everyone was so friendly and it was business casual and there are no cubicles. You get to just work wherever you want in various workstations or small offices. I heard back exactly a week after my final interview and got the Job offer!

Overall if you are interviewing I would say research Behavioral questions Online and look through all the reviews and interviews here on Glass Door. Prepare 7-8 detailed stories about experiences you have leading or working in teams. I was very nervous but the Experience was very positive and rewarding.

Interview Questions
    • What is a time that you were working on a project and ran into some difficulties. How did you handle it?   Answer Question
    • What is a time when you were given a task but did not have a lot of information on how to carry it out?   Answer Question
    The offer was really above what I was even expecting So I did not feel the need to negotiate. I also got to pick from a selection of start dates (which was really nice Since I will have to relocate and find a place to live)

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL (US)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 months - interviewed at Accenture in January 2014.

HR Interview, Alumni Interview, 2 back to back phone case interviews, Final round

Interview Questions

Worked for Accenture? Contribute to the Community!