Abercrombie & Fitch Model Interview Questions

Updated Sep 14, 2014

1.7

148 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch in May 2013.

Apply in store or online, show up to a group interview. The questions were generic easy ones about the style of the clothing. The people hired are those who fit the abercombie look, even if they had worse qualifications.

Other Interview Reviews for Abercrombie & Fitch

Model Interview

Someone approached me and asked if i was looking for a job, i said yes. they gave me a password to their online application to fill out and send in. i booked an interview date.
    it was a group interveiw with like 20 people, so everyone got to talk once. they listed all the rules of what you cant and can wear. (the cannot list was much longer) example, no french manicures. sorry what?

Interview Questions
    • it was something like, describe a situation where you showed good leadership in a diverse situation   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch in October 2013.

I applied online and decided a day to go to the group interview, the same week as I applied. The asked different questions for models and sales advisors.

Interview Questions
    • - Describe Abercrombie in three words.
      - Describe yourself.
      - You were successful at...
        Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch in June 2012.

Group interview done with 3 other applicants. We were lead to a quiet area of the mall. Interview was standard - the assistant manager read from a guide, letting us know it was structured and what we could expect. She talked a bit about the company, and her experience.
    Questions:
    1. We were then invited to introduce ourselves, and tell an interesting fact about us, or why we want to work at Abercrombie.
    2. What's your greatest strength?
    3. What are you successful at?
    4. Describe A&F in one word.
    5. What does diversity mean to you?

No negotiation.

Model Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch in July 2014.

When you fill out an application online they ask for an interview. When you select the day it's up to you to go they won't remind you. The interview takes about half an hour, as they explain the dress code and ask you a couple of questions. For example, what is diversity to you, how could you make an impact, etc

Model Interview

I was recruited off the street and asked to come into the store the following wednesday for an interview.
    The interview is really nothing to get nervous about. They're really just checking that you're not crazy or anything. You are hired for your looks so usually if you make to the interview, the decision to hire you is already made unless you do something nuts.

I did not negotiate. The base pay added to the free clothes, simplicity of the work and the opportunity to meet a lot of models was enough for me.

Model Interview

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch.

I came into the shop and the interviewer came out and walked us to an open place that could seat four or five people for the group interview. We have a casual conversation on the way there and when it started she only asked about four questions. After answering those we were free to go and be on out way.

Model Interview

I was randomly approached and asked to come in for interview. The interview was very warm and comfortable. No pressure. It was a group interview. we were each given a chance to express ourselves and get to know each other. It was fun

H

Model Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch.

The interview was very easy . I was just myself and I laughed a lot . I just have a bubbly personality and obviously the manager like that because she laughed a lot with me . I was the only one that showed up for a group interview as a model .

Interview Questions
    • I had a one-on-one interview with the manager who seemed like she cared about who she wanted to hire in the store for best customer service . I had a blue shirt from hollister ( but no one could tell ) khaki pants , and some flat shoes . I wore no-makeup at all . I wore studs and I had a natural hair style like i just woke up and I have flawless hair lol . I was asked 4 simple questions . Questions ASK BELOW .   Answer Question
    I had to come in for a orientation @ 4 .

Model Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Manhasset, NY (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manhasset, NY (US)

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch in June 2014.

I asked for the code to apply online at my local Abercrombie & Fitch store and I went into the store the next day, a Tuesday, for a short group interview. Most of the interviewees were for Impact, so I had my group interview with just one other girl. She had previously worked at Hollister, so she casually slipped that in, but her face was all caked up and she wore a crop top and shorts. I was all decked out in Abercrombie--a lace tank, burgundy skinny jeans, and brown braided A&F flip flops. The manager showed approval of my attire and my natural, no make-up look. I was hired a week later.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing too difficult. I was asked four questions:
      1) How do you provide a positive environment for others?
      2) What happened when something didn't go your way?
      3) What is diversity to you, and do you think it is important in the workplace?
      4) How do you think A&F wants to be viewed?

Good luck to all! :-)
        Answer Question
    I received a call informing me that I had been selected as a Model, and the manager who interviewed me asked if I was willing to accept the offer for $8/hr (which is roughly minimum wage for NY). I don't think the pay is negotiable.

Worked for Abercrombie & Fitch? Contribute to the Community!