Abercrombie & Fitch

Getting the Interview

128 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Toronto, ON

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch in October 2013.

Interview Details I applied online and decided a day to go to the group interview, the same week as I applied. The asked different questions for models and sales advisors.

Interview Question – - Describe Abercrombie in three words.
- Describe yourself.
- You were successful at...
  Answer Question

Toronto, ON

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch in June 2012.

Interview Details Group interview done with 3 other applicants. We were lead to a quiet area of the mall. Interview was standard - the assistant manager read from a guide, letting us know it was structured and what we could expect. She talked a bit about the company, and her experience.
Questions:
1. We were then invited to introduce ourselves, and tell an interesting fact about us, or why we want to work at Abercrombie.
2. What's your greatest strength?
3. What are you successful at?
4. Describe A&F in one word.
5. What does diversity mean to you?

Interview Question – What does diversity mean to you?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation.

Santa Rosa, CA (US)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch in September 2012.

Interview Details Interview process is pretty easy. Group interviews and they ask basic interview questions "strengths/weaknesses" etc.

Interview Question – What is your definition of diversity?   Answer Question

Model Interview

I applied in-person and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch in February 2012.

Interview Details Went into the store to return a pair of shorts that were the wrong size for my friend and was asked if I would like to work there. I didn't have a job at the time, was in high school, so I figured it would be a good opportunity. I signed a card with my name, email and phone number, and within a few days got an email about interviewing on a Friday (they only interview on Tuesdays and Fridays, at least at my store). I went to the interview, which was with a small group of three people and one manager. The questions were easy like what do you think the message of the brand is, how do you deal with diverse situations, what does diversity mean to you, etc. Very basic. After the interview finished, they said they would call back in a week. A week and a few days went by, so I called the store wondering if I was hired. They said they would call back soon, and the next day they called saying they would like to offer me the job. However, it was difficult to find out when my first day was. Again, they said they would call me, but did not, so I called and they said 'Oh, well just come in this Saturday around 2 for training." So I went to the store at two, did not see the training video at all, and ended up working my first four hour shift. After that, scheduling was better because my name was in the system, but it was a very hectic start.

Interview Question – How have you acted in diverse situations that put you out of your comfort zone?   Answer Question

Herbert Domain, TN (US)

I applied in-person and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch in May 2012.

Interview Details Went in and asked for an interview and they told me to fill out an application on their computer in-store. Applied and was called for a group interview after a couple days.

Interview Question – How would you describe the Abercrombie brand?   View Answer

Miami, FL (US)

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch in May 2010.

Interview Details they asked typical questions about yourself. how do you define diversity and what does diversity mean to you. how to do feel about abercrombie and fitch and what is the typical customer that shops at abercrombie and fitch. what is the vision of abercrombie and fitch.

Interview Question – they asked what diversity meant to me   View Answer

Very Easy Interview

Charlotte, NC (US)

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch in September 2010.

Interview Details I applied and a week later got a call from the store manager to come in for a group interview, and I arrived dressed how their employees dress (jeggings, brand tee, and sandals). Other people who wore business casual were not hired. They asked us questions, and if we piggybacked on to another person's answer, they took note of it right in front of us. The questions were general interview questions.

Interview Question – What does diversity mean to you?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. Minimum wage.

Lexington-Fayette, KY (US)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch in May 2012.

Interview Details I was scouted will out and I immediately filled out the application online, you will need a store number and password so you have to talk to someone. My interviewer was fairly nice and the interview was only four questions all basic and to the point like why do you want to work here and how would handle certain situations. As long as you are straight forward and you don't stumble you should be fine, easiest interview I've ever had.

Interview Question – Why do you think you'll be beneficial to Abercrombie?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – It was minimum wage nothing fantastic or worth it.

Very Easy Interview

Model

I applied in-person and interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch.

Interview Details Impact and Models are interviewed separately. First, they'll ask you to talk about yourself a little bit. First question, what would your friends, family, and the people that know you say about you? Second question, What do you think diversity means? Third question, Why do you think you are a good fit for the company? Fourth question, what is the brand?

Interview Question – None, easy.   View Answer

Reason for Declining – I actually just did the interview, so I don't know if I got it or not.

Model

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch.

Interview Details They asked why you liked Abercrombie but it was pretty much about how you looked.

Interview Question – Very easy interview.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Abercrombie & Fitch

Worked for Abercrombie & Fitch? Contribute to the Community!

Abercrombie & Fitch Videos

Abercrombie & Fitch – Why Work for Us?

Abercrombie & Fitch Co. is a leading specialty clothing retailer holding four unique lifestyle brands - Abercrombie & Fitch, abercrombie kids, Hollister Co., and Gilly Hicks. Based in New Albany, Ohio, Abercrombie… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Abercrombie & Fitch Model interview questions and advice. All 128 interview reviews posted anonymously by Abercrombie & Fitch employees and interview candidates.