Abercrombie & Fitch

Getting the Interview

23 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Atlanta, GA (US)

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch in January 2011.

Interview Details stupid they ask you dumb questions easy to pass, you would have to have no brain not to get hired.

Interview Question – nothing everything was meant for a 5th grader   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no negotiation phase

Seattle, WA (US)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch in July 2013.

Interview Details Super easy but I was recruited and I got the feeling I had the job just walking into the interview

Interview Question – None almost all questions were behavioral questions but easier than your basic STAR interview   Answer Question

Assistant Store Manager

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch.

Interview Details 1 interview with the District Manager for an hour. Easy questions. They are just looking to see if you have the personality and looks for the company. Make sure to dress the part, and be enthusiastic about the brand. Basically if you are attractive you will get hired.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time you had a conflict with a co-worker and how you resolved it. Tell me about a time you had a difficult deadline and how you met it. Tell me what you see the Abercrombie brand as. Describe your leadership style.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation possible.

Miami, FL (US)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch in March 2011.

Interview Details One main interview with District Manager. They have a set script they follow on paperwork. All are behavior-based questions with scenarios and "tell me about a time when...". Dress in jeans and clothes that resemble (or are) their brand. Be clean shaven, and wear very little makeup. They are looking for sophisticated, outgoing, and "brand positive" people.

Interview Question – Weakness   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – The only negotiation you may get is to ask for a store in a particular location if you want one within the district close to your residence. Beginning salaries are permanently set.

Virginia Beach, VA (US)

I applied in-person and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch in August 2010.

Interview Details After I applied I had to be a bit persistent to get an interview. There was just 1 interview, it was a personal interview, and it was a very casual interview with the district manager.

Interview Question – Nothing difficult was asked.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no negotiation

Assistant Store Manager

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch.

Interview Details They really only care about how you look and if you are "cool" enough for the company.

Interview Question – Honestly, there wasn't one.   Answer Question

Assistant Store Manager

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch.

Interview Details Very laid back, I was interviewed by the district manager. She was very nice. The questions weren't too bad. Over all it went well.

Interview Question – I did not find anything too difficult to answer.   Answer Question

Assistant Store Manager Interview

I applied in-person and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch.

Interview Details Short interview with the District Manager to be hired as a Manager in Training. No additional interview to be promoted to Store Manager.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time where you had to overcome a challenge involving diversity   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiations. It was take it or leave it.

Humble, TX (US)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch.

Interview Details 1 interview
pretty much based off of looks

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

Overland Park, KS (US)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch in October 2012.

Interview Details The interview was fun, all they want to see is that you have a degree, are good looking, and can hold a fun conversation.

You will get recruited by an SM or AM more than likely and then referred to the DM for the interview. If you meet the above three requirements, mostly just the first two though you have the job.

Interview Question – They are all mostly probing questions making sure you understand diversity, customer service and that you work well with other people, none are difficult unless you've lived under a rock the past decade.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – The pay, hours, vacation... etc are non-negotiable.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Abercrombie & Fitch

Worked for Abercrombie & Fitch? Contribute to the Community!

Abercrombie & Fitch Videos

Abercrombie & Fitch – Why Work for Us?

Abercrombie & Fitch Co. is a leading specialty clothing retailer holding four unique lifestyle brands - Abercrombie & Fitch, abercrombie kids, Hollister Co., and Gilly Hicks. Based in New Albany, Ohio, Abercrombie… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Abercrombie & Fitch Assistant Store Manager interview questions and advice. All 23 interview reviews posted anonymously by Abercrombie & Fitch employees and interview candidates.