Abercrombie & Fitch Assistant Store Manager Interview Questions & Reviews

30 interviews

2.0

30 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Mall (India)
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mall (India)

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch.

I went through 1 interview. The interviewer was pretty laid back. I was asked basic interview questions that you can google online. There's no prior experience needed but I'm sure any experience at all can't hurt. During the interview and after you have the opportunity to get your questions answered and to really sell your personality on the job. Being recruited by someone that works there helps but is not needed or required.

Other Interview Reviews for Abercrombie & Fitch

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Paramus, NJ (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Paramus, NJ (US)

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took a day - interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch in May 2012.

If you are handsome/attractive, you have already been hired before you start talking. Just be on time, wear abercromie clothes and try not to talk about how much you like partying.

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Very brief interview , in the mall usually, very casual interview for a casual company. Met with the district manager , who does all the hiring of the managers , sometimes the store managers sit in during the interview process.

Interview Questions
    • where do you see your self with the company in 5 years   Answer Question

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Boston, MA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA (US)

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch.

Interview with the District Manager, usually in a food court or coffee shop nearby. Interviews are standardized, so interviewer first asks you general questions about yourself (what you've been doing recently, where you graduated college and when) and then asks you a series of predetermined questions meant to give a fair run of things for each candidate. Questions generally have to do with tough situations you've been in and how you've dealt with them. There are a lot of questions and I made up or elaborated on a few of them just because I haven't been in that many situations where there was significant conflict.

Interview Questions
    • Have you ever been in a group where one of the members either didn't get along with you or didn't get along with the whole group? How did you deal with that situation?   Answer Question
    • Have you ever had a conflict with a manager or employer and if so, how did you deal with it?   Answer Question
    • How would you describe your leadership style? Provide examples.   Answer Question

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Santa Rosa, CA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Rosa, CA (US)

I interviewed in-person. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch in November 2013.

I went in and asked if they were hiring. I got an interview the next week. A week after that I was hired. They were down management staff and I had previously worked at this company during my time in college. It was very easy for me to obtain the job.

Assistant Store Manager Interview

I interviewed online - interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch.

It was one interview with the District Manager in the food court of the mall. She was nice and respectful during the interview. There were formal questions but it seemed very informal considering it was in the food court of the mall. An offer was made within one week.

Interview Questions
    • There really weren't difficult questions. Questions were a mix of behavior-based and competencies i.e. how would you handle an angry customer, what are your management skills, etc. It didn't seem to matter how much related experience I had as long as I was on-point during the appropriate questions/answers. The interviewer was serious but not intimidating.   Answer Question

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Memphis, TN (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Memphis, TN (US)

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took a day - interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch in November 2011.

Come in and sit in the food court with the district manager. Talk about how Abercrombie is SO cool and a great learning opportunity. Discuss the dress code more than the day to day life.

Interview Questions
    • Do you have a significant other? (Innapropriate)   View Answer
    None- take it as it is or leave.

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Atlanta, GA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA (US)

I interviewed online. The process took a day - interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch in January 2011.

stupid they ask you dumb questions easy to pass, you would have to have no brain not to get hired.

no negotiation phase

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Seattle, WA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA (US)

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch in July 2013.

Super easy but I was recruited and I got the feeling I had the job just walking into the interview

Interview Questions
    • None almost all questions were behavioral questions but easier than your basic STAR interview   Answer Question

Assistant Store Manager Interview

I interviewed in-person. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch.

1 interview with the District Manager for an hour. Easy questions. They are just looking to see if you have the personality and looks for the company. Make sure to dress the part, and be enthusiastic about the brand. Basically if you are attractive you will get hired.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you had a conflict with a co-worker and how you resolved it. Tell me about a time you had a difficult deadline and how you met it. Tell me what you see the Abercrombie brand as. Describe your leadership style.   Answer Question
    No negotiation possible.

Worked for Abercrombie & Fitch? Contribute to the Community!