Abbott Labs Interview Questions

Updated 14 Sep, 2014
Updated 14 Sep, 2014

Information Specialist Interview

I applied through a staffing agency - interviewed at Abbott Labs.

You may first interview with a Personnel vendor such as; Manpower. Once interviewed with the direct company you will have a chance to tour the facility. Meet and greet other employee staff members then the talk about your experience etc all relevant.

Interview Questions
    • Where do you see yourself in the next 5 years   View Answer

Senior Systems Analyst Interview

This has all changed you can no longer be hired if you live in the US. Both Abbott and Abbvi are not hiring. They are contracting all IT work. Applying to these companies is a waste of time.

Senior Scientist Interview

Phone followed by one day onsite, mostly standard stuff. Hiring manager went into great extend to make me understand the roles and responsibility. Also the younger staff was forth coming with work environment,

No negotiation

Territory Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Lucknow (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lucknow (India)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Abbott Labs in August 2014.

very clear. 1st online screening, 2nd written objective type, interview by bussiness manager after this much screening there is telephonic interview by business hr and recruiting hr and document verification and then medical is done, if every thing goes right on the track then you are selected

yes, they will give you 20% growth above then how you negotiate

CAPA QA Coordinator Interview

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Abbott Labs.

I have interviewed with the Abbott Nutritional plant in Alta Vista, VA twice. The first for a job that I had no experience with (production management), and the second for a CAPA QA position which I have a LOT of experience with. The first time I rotated around to several different people. The second time I was in one room with 4 different people. Both times the questions were from Targeted Selection.

Interview Questions
    • I find all Targeted Selection questions hard because you have to give examples and there is a certain pattern to your answers that they are looking for. I find the question "give me an example of how you have been innovative" to be a hard one because what is considered innovative at one company may be common place at another company.   Answer Question

Finance Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at Abbott Labs.

Applied through campus recruiting. One round of interview on campus with a person from the management and an HR. Basic behavioral questions.
    They called back with response the next day, and invited people who got an offer to their site visit, which was great.

Senior Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Abbott Park, IL (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Abbott Park, IL (US)

I applied online. The process took 2+ months - interviewed at Abbott Labs in May 2014.

The entire process took about 10 weeks from applying to offer. I applied online and received a phone call about a week later to set up a phone interview. The phone interview lasted 10 minutes. Questions were basic- why work for Abbott, am I willing to relocate etc. About a week later I received an email scheduling me for an in person interview. This interview consisted of two panel interviews 30 minutes each with directors and program managers. About a week later I got a call saying that I made it to the next round of interviews. The 2nd in person interview was about half a day. I had 4-5 interviews with upper level scientists about 30 mins each followed by a 1 hr seminar about my previous research. I received a call about 3 weeks later informing me that I had been offered the position.

Interview Questions
    • I had a lot of questions about conflict resolution. How do you respond if someone gets angry and yells at you?   Answer Question
    I did negotiate. It was pretty straight forward. The initial base salary offered was slightly lower but I got them to come up to the salary it wanted.

IT Summer Worker Interview

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at Abbott Labs.

It took awhile to hear back from them. It was very stressful.

Interview Questions
    I didn't negotiate. It was already plenty of money per hour.

Logistics Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Columbus, OH (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH (US)

I applied online. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Abbott Labs in March 2014.

Very thorough and straightforward. This was a very professional environment and all of the people I encountered were pleasant and helpful. I enjoyed my interactions with them and would have loved being a member of their team.

Interview Questions
    • None, all were conducive to the posted position and the experience they were seeking to fulfill the requirements.   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Waukegan, IL (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waukegan, IL (US)

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Abbott Labs.

I had an in with the manager so I already came in highly recommended. Spoke to a project manager on campus, wasn't very formal. We just went through my resume and talked about job fit and expectations. The work itself was not too hard so not a lot of technical questions were asked.

Interview Questions

Worked for Abbott Labs? Contribute to the Community!