AXA Advisors

Updated 14 Apr, 2015
Updated 14 Apr, 2015

2.3

Financial Professional Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at AXA Advisors.

Interview

First interview is just informative and if still interested go back for another one. The job is just cold calling trying to get clients for the managing partner. It is not financial at all but rather a sales job. No salary just commission based.

Financial Advisor Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at AXA Advisors.

Interview

Two in-house interviews. Interview questions were very straightforward, nothing out of the norm. First interview was more focused on interviewer explaining more about Axa and its products. In the second interview I was asked to present a business plan in regards to what my target market would be and how I was going to meet the initial commission hurdle

Interview Questions

• How does Axa's products differ in respect to those of big investment banks such B of A?   Answer Question

Financial Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at AXA Advisors (New York, NY (US)) in February 2015.

Interview

3 mins only. Spoke to a VP. Sales only. He is honest and said sales depends on personality. He said he is not good at numbers and would like to communicate. We did not waster our time, which is good, except the time I went there.

Financial Advisor Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at AXA Advisors (Woodbury, NY (US)) in February 2015.

Interview

Originally, I was told the interview process was in three parts but it was abbreviated to two. My point of contact was a mentor that I would work with, if I was to join the firm. Meeting first with my potential mentor and an intern, I then met again with my mentor and the marketing specialist. My third meeting was to be with branch management, but that was eliminated to expedite the process.

Interview Questions

• No difficult or unexpected questions.   1 Answer

Financial Advisor Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at AXA Advisors (New York, NY (US)) in February 2015.

Interview

First spoke on the phone briefly to schedule an interview. Currently on the second interview which is in a week. The first interview was pretty straight forward and it went well. I told the vice president my ideas and about myself.

Interview Questions

• Did not ask any. We just had a conversation to get to know each other, the company, and position   Answer Question

Financial Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at AXA Advisors (New York, NY (US)).

Interview

Who in your family or friends has money? If none, how good are you at cold calling and being an entrepreneur. The interview was really more of management selling me on why I should work there.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Had the option to work on 100% commission or 50% commission and a very small base salary.

Branch Operations Manager Interview

Application

Interview

I had 3 Interviews and hired within less than 2 weeks, nothing unusual about the process. The first interview was in person with the sales manager. The next interview was with the head of HR on the phone. The last interview was with the Chief Operations Officer also over the phone.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I was offered 70,000 (reasonable, but a little low for the position) and I countered with a $2,500 increase and they agreed. I probably could have asked for $5,000 more.

Financial Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at AXA Advisors in January 2015.

Interview

Initial communications were by phone and email and I scheduled an interview in early January. The first interview was kind of a screening to make sure that you are well-dressed and gives you an overview of the position. They asked some questions related to work ethic, what I knew about sales, and what I thought of the position. They explained the broad aspects of the position and gave me a background check form that they would review before I was called in again.

The second interview was more in-depth and they explained the training process, support structure, contract options, and the onboarding process.

Interview Questions

• No difficult questions, but they want to know that you have the potential to succeed in a role based mostly on commission.   Answer Question

This particular office gave me the feeling of a pyramid scheme and that I would not reap the total benefits of my work.

Financial Advisor Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at AXA Advisors.

Interview

Saw my resume through a networking site, and they reached out to me after. Got an interview a few days after applying. The interview was very basic, more of a conversation. Compensation package is a bit odd, so they talked about that a bit. Have to be convincing that you can start your own business.

Interview Questions

• Nothing really, more of a conversation than unexpected questions   Answer Question

Financial Consultant Interview

Application

interviewed at AXA Advisors in January 2015.

Interview

I got an email from one of their financial consultants, saying they came across my resume. We scheduled a phone interview, and he started with the usual. Asked about coursework, background in finance, etc. One question that stood out was he asked about my social skills. I've been contacted by Prudential for a similar position, and they also asked about my networking skills. The other questions were mostly behavioral, such as "What is your best quality", "How would other people describe you" etc. Overall, it was alright but I wasn't interested in such a sales-oriented job.