AXA Advisors

Updated 23 Feb, 2015
Updated 23 Feb, 2015

2.3

Financial Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA (US)
    Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at AXA Advisors in January 2015.

First round is over the phone. Second Round: they give you a presentation ahead of time and you prepare it as if you were to present it to a client. After you've given your presentation, they will repeat it 100x better and then give you a couple minutes to prepare before they ask you to deliver it again with changes. Third round: meet more of the team/discuss logistics

Interview Questions
    • How did you think you did in the presentation? How would you have done it differently?   Answer Question

Financial Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA (US)
    Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA (US)

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at AXA Advisors in January 2015.

Firstly give me an telephone to ask me the time for interview. I got the interview 1 week later. Since I am an international student, they said they can't sponsor because that there are 2 company hire the employee. Besides they need some certifications to be well-work for this position.

Interview Questions
    • Since I am an international student, they said they can't sponsor because that there are 2 company hire the employee.   Answer Question

Financial Professional Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at AXA Advisors.

Pretty easy overall. You'll talk to several interviewers. No hard questions. Be easygoing, seem trustworthy. The most important two factors they are looking for is your number and quality of connections, and your attitude/never give up/etc. Know what this company does. Pretty much, sell financial planning. Basic financial knowledge required.

Interview Questions
    • Who are you going to contact initially for your first few sales? Why?   Answer Question
    Nothing to negotiate.

Financial Advisor Interview

They came through my school initially. Interview went great, just basic behavioral questions. When I went to their office, it was more in depth. Generally behavioral throughout the process.

Financial Advisor Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at AXA Advisors.

the worst interview that I have been through, they will talk to you on the phone for the first interview, then second interview is to meet up in their office, 1on1 meeting, however, there is not a single constructive question, after that 1 on 1 interview, I was told that they will schedule another interview going over the compensation and benefits to work for them. At the end, I didn't receive any information from them, I email them, no response, I called them, didn't pick up the phone, I left a voice mail, never called back. It was so unprofessional to the point where I don't want to and would never work for them. And the funny thing is, two months later, the same guy who interviewed me previously, called me again for interview!? I guess he didn't remember I was the one that he humiliated two months ago.

Wealth Management Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at AXA Advisors.

Interview is easy and straightforward. They ask many questions and ask where you see yourself in this industry in 5 years. Also ask how you would deal with rejection. They have 3-4 rounds of interviews to make it seem complicated. They have upfront costs you have to pay for exams and other things. It is really a sales position as you have to go door to door to meet clients and customers to sell AXA products. Nothing really about wealth management or finance.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing really difficult. How do you deal with rejection   Answer Question

Too many exams and tests before actually starting. They aren't very straightforward with what the job description actually is. Pretty much similar to other companies who use new gullible recruits to sell products on a commission and if you do well, you can become a manager and recruit others. Most people quit before this anyway. Good way to attract desperate graduate students to be the grunts of their workforce working long hours. You can make more money and have more opportunities working this many hours doing anything else.

Financial Advisor Interview

Lots of back and forth before face-to-face meeting. Interview was pretty grueling with all the questions you hope they DONT ask, but they DO! Interview took about 30 minutes. It was 1 on 1. Went over what/who the company is, then went over each part of my resume.

Interview Questions
    • What is your greatest set-back in life, and how did you over-come it?   Answer Question

Financial Advisor Interview

The hiring process was a completed in 3 steps. The final step was completing a business plan and going over compensation. It took about a month to go through the process and was pretty straight forward.

Financial Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX (US)
    Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX (US)

I applied through college or university – interviewed at AXA Advisors.

I transmitted my resume to a recruiter at a career fair. Someone contacted me a month later. I did a first interview with a VP then a second with the Branch Manager.

Interview Questions
    • Before to proceed the interview they wanted to evaluate my ability to make connections and the potential of my network. So they ask me to make a list of all my contacts + to connect with institutions in order to add more people to my network. All this, Prior to receive an offer!   Answer Question

Financial Advisor Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at AXA Advisors in November 2014.

3 basic interviews at their local office. Nothing hard at all, I was shocked how smoothly it went. The first interview was just myself and one other advisor in the office. The second and third interviews was with the same advisor a long with the district VP. Overall, the process was very smooth and low stress.