AXA Advisors

Updated 14 Dec, 2014
Updated 14 Dec, 2014

2.3

Financial Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at AXA Advisors in October 2014.

Applied online. Received email to set up an interview. Interview was in person with a head of a team. It wasn't really an interview as in "walk me through your resume" but more of a "why do you want to do this?" "what do you like to do outside of work?" type of interview. Essentially making sure I knew what I was getting into and then making sure I would be a good fit. Very casual.

After the initial interview, you fill out information for a background check and then you meet the whole team.

Interview Questions

I decided that the position was not the best fit for me.

Financial Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at AXA Advisors in October 2014.

I had met one of AXA's managers at a job fair, he was a young guy with great things to say. A week later I received a call to set up an interview. I met with him and realized it just wasnt for me.

Interview Questions
    • Very simple questions. Just didnt like what the start out consisted of.   Answer Question

Intern - Hourly Interview

I was first contacted by other interns for the job. They set up the interview. Very relaxed interview with the Vice President of the office, which is the title of the branch manager; no surprises and very courteous.

Financial Advisor Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at AXA Advisors in September 2014.

After applying online, I received a phone call where they ask me to come in for an interview. First interview was getting to know the interviewee on a more personal level. Second interview was more about understanding the company and compensation. Third interview was with the Vice President of the branch.

Interview Questions
    • Questions were fairly simple. Why would you like to work at AXA Advisors? Why should we choose you? What are your best and worst attributes?   Answer Question

Financial Advisor Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at AXA Advisors.

4 Interviews total, one informational, one one-on-one, another in depth one-on-one talking bigger picture of job details, last one-on-one with President. Very professional and strong follow through with communicating expectations of their candidates.

Interview Questions
    • What would be your target market and how would you go into the community and bring in those clients?

Why do you want to work for AXA?

Answer Question

High initial start-up costs, commission based pay

Financial Advisor Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at AXA Advisors in August 2014.

The hiring process is very long and drawn out.There are at least 3 interviews that take place over a month. The interviews are straight forward and are fairly basic.

Interview Questions
    Gave me the job than retracted there offer a week later.

Financial Professional Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at AXA Advisors.

Meet with District Manager who will regale you with the income potential and the joys of running your own practice. VP of branch will brag about the retention percentages of their associates after 4 years being the best in the industry. You should ask what the 1 and 2 years success rates are :)

no negotiations...no salary!

Financial Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA (US)

I applied online – interviewed at AXA Advisors.

The hiring process consisted of 3 parts: the initial interview, a background check which if you passed the first two you would be called in for a second interview. I did not continue on with my second interview for personal reasons but the initial interview was heavily focused on myself asking questions.

Financial Sales Assistant Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at AXA Advisors.

I had a classmate working here and the CFP was looking for another assistant, that's how I was referred to the job. The interview process was pretty lengthy, but it will vary from adviser to adviser. Each of them runs their practice their own way. Make sure you get everything on paper.

Interview Questions
    • What are your goals and how does working here accomplish them?   View Answer

Financial Advisor Interview

Tell you all the great things about AXA and how the company operates. I was told it is a very difficult job and that is exactly what it is. My hiring manager did not pull any punches. Unfortunately he and me are no longer with the company.

No negotiation.