AXA Advisors

Getting the Interview

151 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Interviewed at AXA Advisors

Interview Details Started with an email, in which i responded to. It was followed up by a 15 minutes phone call. Then there were 3 in person interviews.

Interview Question – Tell me about yourself and why you would be good for this position.   Answer Question

Financial Representative Interview

Financial Representative
Pittsburgh, PA (US)

I applied through other source and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at AXA Advisors in February 2014.

Interview Details Contacted an acquaintance who worked at AXA. Met with him and talked about the company for about an hour. Scheduled an interview with the branch manager the following week. Interview was quite simple, just some behavioral interview questions and questions such as why you want to work at AXA. Met the branch manager a second time a few more behavioral questions and then received a job offer.

Interview Question – What motivates you?   View Answer

Reason for Declining – Did not decline but am currently weighing various job opportunities

Financial Planning Intern Interview

Brentwood, CA (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at AXA Advisors in May 2012.

Interview Details Called for a phone interview. Not any hard questions, seemed like they were trying to hire anyone

Financial Advisor

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at AXA Advisors.

Interview Details Screened through on-campus recruiting. Next round consisted of an office visit / phone interview.

Interview Question – Be ready to ask questions.   Answer Question

Pittsburgh, PA (US)

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at AXA Advisors in January 2014.

Interview Details The interview itself was fairly easy. I met one-on-one with an upper level management position who was pretty laid back. He asked a lot of questions to see if you are right for this type of job. The job was not really what I expected as it is almost all sales, and if you don't know people you fail. I declined a second interview.

Interview Question – Describe a specific time when you were really competitive.
How do you deal with rejection?
  Answer Question

Reason for Declining – They offered a second interview, but I decided not to go. You have to take licensing exams and pay for them out of pocket, all while not getting paid.

Very Easy Interview

Intern Interview

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 months - interviewed at AXA Advisors.

Interview Details Generally discussed the position responsibilities and the role Axa provides to its clients. Nothing too behavioral or on the spot, a very candid and simple interview. My (future boss) explained I would be able to sit in on weekly trainings and sit in on some client meetings. I was able to learn a lot of how the financial services industry works.

Interview Question – Why do you want to be a financial advisor?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I would advise one to intern at Axa if they would like to become a Financial Advisor. There is a ton to be learned in relation to building a client base and being able to sell your service to others.

Intern Interview

Intern
Los Angeles, CA (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 days - interviewed at AXA Advisors in November 2012.

Interview Details Mostly the employee will ask your about your career goals. And fully explain to you about this company. And the different functions of each part of the company. The person who in charge with recruiting, is really nice, and easy to communicate with.

Interview Question – The difficulty is you need to get to know more about this company, and what does the company do before go to the interview.   Answer Question

Wealth Management Internship Interview

New York, NY (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took 5 days - interviewed at AXA Advisors in May 2013.

Interview Details First round was over the phone. Then there was an in person interview followed by a trial day to see if I was up for the position. The trial day consists of going through the normal day of an intern. It consists of mostly testing whether or not you can keep up with the speed of the work place and how fast you can learn.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work for AXA Advisors and why should I hire you?   Answer Question

Financial Advisor

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at AXA Advisors.

Interview Details Found them through an on campus job link. Received a phone call shortly after, asking me to do a phone interview or come in to the office. Since they were not willing to pay for travel. I did a phone interview. After phone interview, I was called and asked to do the 2nd round which was presenting a business plan on skype. Since I do not want to get into financial sales. the interview process ended here.

Interview Question – Nothing to difficult, very general questions.
Example of Customer Service, working well with others?
  Answer Question

Reason for Declining – I did not want to get into financial sales. Plus have to do all the certifications and exams before you get paid.

Columbia, MD (US)

I applied through other source and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at AXA Advisors in November 2013.

Interview Details Interview process was long and arduous. Began with a quick phone interview followed by a long, 30 minute phone interview. After both of those I was asked to come into the office for an in person interview. Was then asked back two different times until I dropped out of the process because I was frustrated with having to come back so many different times without any indication to salary of the job or if I was close to being offered anything. Each time I had to drive all the way to the office as well, which was over thirty minutes for me. My interviewer was very nice however, but sugar-coated what I would be doing, which was mostly cold-calling.

Interview Question – Most questions were not difficult, the interviewer made it clear that there was a long training process so no experience was required. Therefore, they most just asked basic questions like "tell me about yourself" etc. and just wanted to make sure you were someone who was eager and very personable. They also in the second interview have you talk to two different advisors in order for you to better understand the position and for other people in the company to be able to approve of you basically.   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at AXA Advisors