AXA Advisors

151 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Financial Consultant Interview

Akron, OH (US)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at AXA Advisors in March 2013.

Interview Details Not very long compared to others in the industry. As a side note the shorter the process the more new hires they go through.

Interview Question – There were no real difficult or unexpected questions   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Short, standard offering

Oak Brook, IL (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at AXA Advisors in March 2014.

Interview Details Was contacted shortly after applying through my university. I came in for an initial interview where I met with the Managing Director. He then wanted me to come up with a marketing plan and return for a follow-up interview the next week. I created my plan, but it was not what he was looking for and told me to come up with AT LEAST 100 people who could be prospective clients and then come back again.

Interview Question – How would you deal with the rejection you would be faced with when first starting out in a financial advisor's position?   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

New York, NY (US)

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at AXA Advisors in February 2012.

Interview Details Brought you in, wanted to see if you can sell.

Interview Question – Can you sell.   View Answer

Reason for Declining – didn't like the job

Financial Advisor Interview Interview

Interviewed at AXA Advisors

Interview Details Initial interview as very basic, best characteristics and such. Second interview you meet with a VP and discuss pay and other things that don't really matter. Then they have you come back and you get to talk to a couple of advisors that have been there for a while, you can ask them anything you'd like. Then you come in and meet the branch manager. If you get asked back a second time you pretty much are going to get an offer, they just keep you coming back to make it feel like they really care about you and your opiniions.

Interview Question – none, they were all very basic   View Answer

Reason for Declining – Little too uptight feeling for me. I don't want someone peering over my shoulder the entire process. If you need or like someone telling you what to do ALL the time, I would recommend AXA.

Financial Advisor Trainee Interview

I applied through a recruiter and interviewed at AXA Advisors.

Interview Details First you're called in to meet the district manager and go over your resume. Walk the office to show you the empty cubicles. Then are invited to their open house and meet with the manager for a follow up meeting where they go over the compensation structure. You may walk out saying it is a nice package but won't fully understand how. If they write it down on a piece of paper it won't make any sense if you're able to keep it. Before they offer the job, you will meet the executive vice president for a final interview

Interview Question – Not very difficult interview process   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – You either get a base salary of $24000 with reduced commission or straight commission and no salary at all.

Interviewed at AXA Advisors

Interview Details Very easy going, just the location manager and me in his office. Mostly consisted of him explaining the products and services of the company.

Interview Question – What is your weakness?   Answer Question

New York, NY (US)

I applied in-person and interviewed at AXA Advisors.

Interview Details Mostly personality questions, they want to know if you want to sell products all day. 4 stage interview, no hard questions throughout any of the stages. They just want to see if you keep coming back for interviews. All smoke and mirros during the process where the hiring manager tempts you with the one success story within the industry and how good and highly ranked his team is.

Interview Question – No technical questions. Just say you are willing to work 80 hours a week and want to make a lot of money. Use them for the Series 7 and leave. You will be viewed negatively in the industry if you work for AXA. I know all this through hindsight.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. It is a commission only job. Or a very small salary that they tell you is around 45k, but in reality is 2k a month.

Buffalo, NY (US)

I applied through college or university and interviewed at AXA Advisors.

Interview Details Multiple step interview process really detailed the position and expectations. They said it would be hard and it was but they also talked about the benefits of the position too. They first went through the things they help clients with, then showed what they actually discuss with their clients in meetings and finally talked about the compensation potential which is huge!

Interview Question – Tell me about a time when you have faced rejection and outline how you handled it?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation.

Financial Advisor

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at AXA Advisors.

Interview Details Consisted of 4 interviews (1 on the phone). You have the opportunity to interview with a couple different members of the management team as well as a senior parter of the firm and also a younger associate so you get different perspectives.

Interview Question – They will ask you questions about how you approach building your business as a financial adviser. They like seeing individuals with an entrepreneurial spirit.   Answer Question

Financial Consultant Interview

Financial Consultant
Buffalo, NY (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at AXA Advisors in August 2010.

Interview Details I had 4 interviews. Spoke with a couple of their managers over the interview process. They told me all about the industry, including the good and the bad stuff. I also got a chance to talk with 2 current advisors of theirs that gave me some insight to what a day in the life of a financial advisor is like.

Interview Question – Do I see myself in a job position or a long term career?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Not really any negotiation with the managers. They are very supportive.

Interviews for Top Jobs at AXA Advisors

Worked for AXA Advisors? Contribute to the Community!

AXA Advisors Videos

AXA Advisors – Why Work for Us?

What we stand for… We connect people in communities with financial services and products that help protect the futures they build for themselves and their families. At AXA Advisors, we work hard to help our financial… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at AXA Advisors interview questions and advice. All 151 interview reviews are posted anonymously by AXA Advisors employees and interview candidates.