AXA Advisors Financial Professional Interview Questions

Updated 7 Oct, 2014

2.6

16 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Financial Professional Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at AXA Advisors.

Typical interview process. I met with a recruiter with for a one-on-one interview after speaking with him at a career fair. It lasted about 20 minutes and I was asked a lot of behavioral questions. The next step in the process was an interview with a group of candidates.

Other Interview Reviews for AXA Advisors

Financial Professional Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at AXA Advisors.

Meet with District Manager who will regale you with the income potential and the joys of running your own practice. VP of branch will brag about the retention percentages of their associates after 4 years being the best in the industry. You should ask what the 1 and 2 years success rates are :)

no negotiations...no salary!

Financial Professional Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX (US)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at AXA Advisors.

The process was pretty straightforward. I got called on afternoon, we talked a bit about AXA and what I was looking for. We then scheduled a full phone interview, took a little more than an hour, kinda challenging but nothing out of the ordinary, be prepare on what you want out of career. Drove to Houston for an office interview, talked about this position and other basic questions about AXA. Got invited for the final interview and talked more about logistics of job and process. Great people, laughed at my jokes.

Interview Questions
    • "Tell me three things you are looking for in a workplace, and don't say any traditional answers."   Answer Question

Couldn't relocate.

Financial Professional Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in The Woodlands, TX (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in The Woodlands, TX (US)

I applied through college or university – interviewed at AXA Advisors.

The first interview was an ordinary behavioral interview with rapid fire questions. It was a day after an on campus recruiting event at the university. Second interview was a group interview in Houston a week later, the regional manager gave a presentation about the company and the candidates were allowed to ask questions at the end. The third and final interview was in the Woodlands with the manager and the recruiting advisor, it was basically a behavioral interview again but now by the manager.

Interview Questions
    • Besides completing college, what are your long term accomplishments?   Answer Question

Financial Professional Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at AXA Advisors in January 2014.

Hiring manager contacted with me directly. interview process to 1 day

Financial Professional Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR (US)

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at AXA Advisors.

Its taken 3 interviews.
    1. phone screening
    2. getting to know me and personality fit with firm
    3. discuss market ideas, business plans

Interview Questions
    • What is your target market?

Why do you want to be in this business?

Do you have what it takes to overcome the challenges of prospecting on a daily, experience rejection?
        Answer Question

Honestly, it just has such a bad reputation online. I really liked the president of that branch, but it seems like there are hidden agenda's. IF they paid a base salary through training and beginning phases, i would have accepted the job. Too much risk for me.

Financial Professional Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at AXA Advisors.

Great environment, the advisors are great communicators so if feels professional but at the same time fun and relaxed, the interview process was about 4 interviews one which included a video chat with upper level management, while the other interviews were in office and with local management.

Interview Questions
    There is no negotiation, you either take the job or you don't. If you are teetering on the edge whether you should interview or not, just go to the interview, you basically find out all you need to know during the first interview and if you don't like what you hear, just deny any offer.

Financial Professional Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at AXA Advisors.

Four step interview process. Mostly behavioral stuff nothing too tricky. A lot of stress is put on why you want to be an FA. Interviewed with head of the group, very nice guy.

Financial Professional Interview

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeksinterviewed at AXA Advisors in August 2013.

You will have an interview with a vice president. Make sure to be yourself and know that this job is only for ambitious people. If you dont bring in steady or qualified prospects, you will fail out of the business in the first 6 months. I didnt take my 7 due to a passing in my family and now that I look back, it is part of the reason why I am still at this job and also has a hand in the ambition and fire that pushes me to grind hard. My best advice is to stay in the present moment, find you "why" (the reason you get up every morning, it could be for a better life for your kids, a girlfriend you want to make you wife someday and treat to the finer things in life or to one day be able to bring clean technologies and knowledge to people in America in abroad who don't have access to it and all the whole population to enjoy the happyness that life has to offer.

Financial Professional Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA (US)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at AXA Advisors in July 2013.

The company invited me to interview after meeting them at a UCSD job fair. Initial interview was succinct. They very much emphasized the potential for "unlimited income" while de-emphasizing the "100% of your salary will be tied to commissions." After a successful initial interview, I was called back to a second. While getting paperwork filed, the company sent me my SSN to verify. They did not secure it in any way. Plain text, in an email. When I called them on the unprofessionalism of their actions, they were offended and withdrew the offer.

Interview Questions
    • "How do you intend on selling our product to your friends and family?"   Answer Question