AXA Advisors

Getting the Interview

81 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Oak Brook, IL (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at AXA Advisors in March 2014.

Interview Details Was contacted shortly after applying through my university. I came in for an initial interview where I met with the Managing Director. He then wanted me to come up with a marketing plan and return for a follow-up interview the next week. I created my plan, but it was not what he was looking for and told me to come up with AT LEAST 100 people who could be prospective clients and then come back again.

Interview Question – How would you deal with the rejection you would be faced with when first starting out in a financial advisor's position?   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

New York, NY (US)

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at AXA Advisors in February 2012.

Interview Details Brought you in, wanted to see if you can sell.

Interview Question – Can you sell.   View Answer

Reason for Declining – didn't like the job

Interviewed at AXA Advisors

Interview Details Very easy going, just the location manager and me in his office. Mostly consisted of him explaining the products and services of the company.

Interview Question – What is your weakness?   Answer Question

Buffalo, NY (US)

I applied through college or university and interviewed at AXA Advisors.

Interview Details Multiple step interview process really detailed the position and expectations. They said it would be hard and it was but they also talked about the benefits of the position too. They first went through the things they help clients with, then showed what they actually discuss with their clients in meetings and finally talked about the compensation potential which is huge!

Interview Question – Tell me about a time when you have faced rejection and outline how you handled it?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation.

New York, NY (US)

I applied in-person and interviewed at AXA Advisors.

Interview Details Mostly personality questions, they want to know if you want to sell products all day. 4 stage interview, no hard questions throughout any of the stages. They just want to see if you keep coming back for interviews. All smoke and mirros during the process where the hiring manager tempts you with the one success story within the industry and how good and highly ranked his team is.

Interview Question – No technical questions. Just say you are willing to work 80 hours a week and want to make a lot of money. Use them for the Series 7 and leave. You will be viewed negatively in the industry if you work for AXA. I know all this through hindsight.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. It is a commission only job. Or a very small salary that they tell you is around 45k, but in reality is 2k a month.

Financial Advisor

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at AXA Advisors.

Interview Details Consisted of 4 interviews (1 on the phone). You have the opportunity to interview with a couple different members of the management team as well as a senior parter of the firm and also a younger associate so you get different perspectives.

Interview Question – They will ask you questions about how you approach building your business as a financial adviser. They like seeing individuals with an entrepreneurial spirit.   Answer Question

Interviewed at AXA Advisors

Interview Details Started with an email, in which i responded to. It was followed up by a 15 minutes phone call. Then there were 3 in person interviews.

Interview Question – Tell me about yourself and why you would be good for this position.   Answer Question

Financial Advisor

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at AXA Advisors.

Interview Details Screened through on-campus recruiting. Next round consisted of an office visit / phone interview.

Interview Question – Be ready to ask questions.   Answer Question

Pittsburgh, PA (US)

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at AXA Advisors in January 2014.

Interview Details The interview itself was fairly easy. I met one-on-one with an upper level management position who was pretty laid back. He asked a lot of questions to see if you are right for this type of job. The job was not really what I expected as it is almost all sales, and if you don't know people you fail. I declined a second interview.

Interview Question – Describe a specific time when you were really competitive.
How do you deal with rejection?
  Answer Question

Reason for Declining – They offered a second interview, but I decided not to go. You have to take licensing exams and pay for them out of pocket, all while not getting paid.

Financial Advisor

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at AXA Advisors.

Interview Details Found them through an on campus job link. Received a phone call shortly after, asking me to do a phone interview or come in to the office. Since they were not willing to pay for travel. I did a phone interview. After phone interview, I was called and asked to do the 2nd round which was presenting a business plan on skype. Since I do not want to get into financial sales. the interview process ended here.

Interview Question – Nothing to difficult, very general questions.
Example of Customer Service, working well with others?
  Answer Question

Reason for Declining – I did not want to get into financial sales. Plus have to do all the certifications and exams before you get paid.

Interviews for Top Jobs at AXA Advisors

Worked for AXA Advisors? Contribute to the Community!

AXA Advisors Videos

AXA Advisors – Why Work for Us?

What we stand for… We connect people in communities with financial services and products that help protect the futures they build for themselves and their families. At AXA Advisors, we work hard to help our financial… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at AXA Advisors Financial Advisor interview questions and advice. All 81 interview reviews posted anonymously by AXA Advisors employees and interview candidates.