AT&T

Relevance Date Difficulty

Network Engineer Interview

Network Engineer

Interviewed at AT&T

Interview Details Very basic/standard interview. Phone interview first, then an in person technical interview. The ultimate decision on hiring is made during the technical interview.

Interview Question – THey asked some BGP questions.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – They offered, I accepted.

Retail Sales Consultant Interview

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at AT&T in February 2014.

Interview Details I applied online and filled out their assessment test. Received a call 2 weeks later from the HR staffing who asked a few questions and scheduled me for a 1 on 1 with the Hiring Manager. She asked me a lot of scenario questions from my previous jobs. They like using the STAR method. After the interview, I was asked to have an interview with the store manager the following week.

Second interview with the store manager went well. Just basic questions about selling and what great customer service is. He scheduled me an interview with the area sales manager the following day. The head honcho really grilled me, but she was also very informative about the company. She asked also the basic questions about selling, customer service, etc. I was asked to sell her something. Be sure to ask questions after the interview. They want to know that you're interested in the company. After the third interview, she said the hiring manager is away on vacation but she will get back to me in 2 weeks. Since everything went well, I waited for the call.

After a month of interviews and waiting, I got a call from HR staffing of a conditional offer granted background check and drug test cleared. Did all that within 72 hours and 3 days later got an official email that everything cleared and when my training will start.

Sometimes you have to be patient. The whole process takes about a month if not more. AT&T doesn't really update your online application status as often as you think they do. Most often the managers you interviewed with will give you their business cards. You should follow up by emailing them a thank you note for the interview. That gives you brownie points. If you don't hear back, you can always call HR or the store manager to follow up.

Good luck to all!

Interview Question – My pet peeve is when people are late. Would you say you're late a lot?
Why AT&T and not some other company?
  View Answer

Negotiation Details – I didn't negotiate since I got a reasonable offer. I heard pay ranges from $12-16. It all depends on experience. You get more if you're bilingual and have a college degree.

Specialist RAN Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at AT&T in April 2014.

Interview Details Submitted my information online after attending a job fair on campus. Applied for several jobs, and received a email asking for an interview after several weeks. I was interviewed by the hiring manager for a position on his team. The interview was casual, some technical questions but mostly just getting to know my personality and seeing if I would fit with the team. Talked through my education and what I would need to learn for the job. After the interview I received another email requesting a second interview. Interviewed with the director that the hiring manager reports to. Similar interview with more of an overview of the job and expectations. Received an offer in about a week.

Interview Question – No really difficult questions. One question asked me to give a persuasive argument to change someones opinion.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – During the first interview they asked for my salary range. They came in with an offer that was slightly less than my range, but there were bonuses available. After HR made the offer, I countered with my initial minimum but they did not budge.

Interview Details Great interview, Short, Informative and conclusive

Interview Question – Nothing out of the ordinary just questions regarding your personal skills and how it will benefit them if they hire you.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Email and link to finish the hiring proccess

Retail Sales Consultant Interview

I applied online and interviewed at AT&T.

Interview Details Applied online and received a phone call a couple weeks later that consisted of a short phone interview. Scheduled an in person interview and did not get the job.

Interview Question – Why should I choose you over all the other candidates?   Answer Question

Retail Leadership Development Program Interview

Atlanta, GA (US)

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at AT&T in March 2014.

Interview Details First did a video interview, then had an interview over the phone with a lady from HR - now waiting to schedule a skype interview with one of the directors... it has been two weeks and no response yet!

Interview Question – What is your management style   View Answer

Consulting Interview

Interviewed at AT&T

Interview Details Resume drop and then an interview. Interview questions were pretty standard followed by a case study. They were genuinely interested in my answers.

Interview Question – Standard questions.   Answer Question

Assistant Manager Interview

Chicago, IL (US)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at AT&T.

Interview Details My first interview was with an HR Representative via the phone call that asked basic information such as my background, what my career goals are, etc. He told me at the end of the call that the next step would be to meet with the manager(s) that I would be supporting in the position. A few days later I met with the two second level managers I would be supporting and during the interview they brought in three other first level managers to meet with me. It was professional but also very laid back and not uptight. I felt the interview was going well.

Interview Question – "What would you do if your child was sick?" as they knew I had a young son at home during the time.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – The offer I received was higher than I had anticipated so I did not negotiate.

Retail Leadership Development Program Interview

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at AT&T.

Interview Details 3 Interviews, 2 online via webcam on their site.

Interview Question – Describe a time your integrity has been comprimised?   Answer Question

Retail Sales Consultant Interview

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at AT&T in April 2014.

Interview Details Went online and applied.
Got an email 2 weeks later to attend an event.
Interviewed with a manager.
Now I'm just waiting (1 week so far).

Interview Question – Asked to pitch a sale. Really easy.   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at AT&T

Worked for AT&T? Contribute to the Community!

AT&T Videos

AT&T – Why Work for Us?

At AT&T, our passion to serve extends beyond our customers to our employees. Our people have helped to make us the No. 1 communications company in the world, and in return, we work hard to maintain our competitive… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at AT&T interview questions and advice. All 1,136 interview reviews are posted anonymously by AT&T employees and interview candidates.