AT&T

Updated 21 Nov, 2014
1,429 Interview Reviews

2.7

Network Engineer Interview

Very basic/standard interview. Phone interview first, then an in person technical interview. The ultimate decision on hiring is made during the technical interview.

Interview Questions
    They offered, I accepted.

Retail Sales Consultant Interview

phone interview, in person interview, 3 weeks training may put you up in a hotel depending on the location of training. vigerous training process long days lots of lecturing and paperwork

Interview Questions
    • when was a time you were faced with a challenge and how did you deal with it   Answer Question
    salary is pretty set

AT&T Retail Sales Consultant Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at AT&T.

Process took about 3 weeks applied online, manager called me to set up an interview manager was very eager to hire me since they were short staffed, called me 3 days later to offer me the position.

Sales Associate Interview

Basic questions on sales and tech, lots of questions about sales experience, not as much of what to expect in the job description as everything is a case by case, customer by customer basis. However, it was enjoyable

Business Sales Leadership Development Program (BSLDP) Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at AT&T.

Spoke at a college career fair and had an interview the next day. Interview lasted about an hour and the interviewer was very relaxed asking questions about how I've dealt with different situations in my previous jobs. After this interview he told me to apply online and after I did he contacted me with the information to complete an aptitude test. Couple days after completing the aptitude test he told me the results were positive and told me to schedule a role-play online for the last part of the interview process. The role-play was an hour long and was fairly difficult and awkward. Choice of phone or webcam and had to spend the first half to review what you were selling and how to sell it and the second half attending two types of customers, someone looking to buy and an unhappy customer.

Interview Questions
    • When faced with an ethical problem in your previous employment, how did you handle it and why?
      The role play was the most difficult part though.
        Answer Question

Relocation to Atlanta for the program then relocation to where they need someone

AT&T Retail Sales Consultant Interview

I applied online – interviewed at AT&T.

Received a call from staffing agent, then met with hiring agent who went through some easy questions regarding selling, all and all easy interview.
    Give a example of how you handeled tough situation?
    You also role play for a bit and are given 3 min to explain a topic of your choosing.

Interview Questions
    It's drawn out, but there really isn't much negotiations needed, the pay and benefits are great.

IT Summer Interview

I applied for a couple different intern spots and was rejected for one of them. I was emailed about another IT internship with their Atlanta office. They scheduled a Skype interview but i had to miss because of fmaily complications. The interviewer (HR guy) was very understanding and rescheduled. The interview was pretty basic, just some personal response questions and asking about projects on the resume and if I had used an Agile methodology. Told me i would be contacted for another interview with a group leard once I had been placed, still waiting on the second one.

Retail Sales Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oklahoma City, OK (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oklahoma City, OK (US)

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at AT&T.

1)Online application w/ short questioner. 2)If passed you'll be offered to take an online assessment. If passed the application status will change to "your résumé is being reviewed." 3)If you meet all requirements a hiring manager will call, ask a few basic questions & schedule an interview. Online application status will change to "hiring manager is scheduling interviews." You should also receive emails. 4)1-on-1 interview took 30min, behavior question. They encourage interviewees to ask several questions. 5)Scheduled to meet the store manager, this is not in interview. Simply a time so see the store as an employee. Make sure you have LOTS of questions to ask. 6)Official job offer with pre-onboarding paperwork and drug test.

Interview Questions
    I did not negotiate. Accepted first offer with base salary plus target commission.

Retail Store Manager Interview

Star interview method. Was very formal and not much leeway for improvisation from hiring managers. Not sure this always the best way to qualify / disqualify employees. Structured and well-organized though and timelines for decisions met.

AT&T Retail Store Manager Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at AT&T.

I was hired as a Retail Sales Consultant initially. After one year, was given the opportunity to apply to management position as Assistant Manager. AT&T uses STAR interview process. Be prepared to talk about your sales skills and achievements, and customer service (describe a situation when an angry customer, etc. How did you handle the situation?)

No negotiation. If you have managed employees prior, you might be able to negotiate higher salary.