AT&T

Updated 21 Jan, 2015
1,494 Interview Reviews

2.7

Network Engineer Interview

Very basic/standard interview. Phone interview first, then an in person technical interview. The ultimate decision on hiring is made during the technical interview.

Interview Questions
    They offered, I accepted.

Premise Technician Interview

So many steps before ever speaking to anyone. First you take the wonderful personality test. Then another aptitude test. Then a proctored exam. Then a on site see how it will be followed by a interview... What next? When will an offer come?

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at AT&T.

Submit online application, complete a series of online test, receive call from a recruiter, set a date for an interview in person, interview, wait a few more days, receive traning expectations, accept offer

Interview Questions
    • I did not encounter a difficult or unexpected question   Answer Question

Business Account Manager Interview

Fair interview. First you get a screen call letting you know about the role. If its a good match you move on to a first round interview over the phone. Next round is a face to face interview with the hiring manager.

Sales Associate Interview

Interview was easy process. Applied one time for position. Interview question were very easy. Was able to apply my previous skills the the interview questions that were asked. Also completed a basic knowledge test on computer and that had basic math and customer service skills.

Interview Questions
    Yes the process was easy. I also started at a lower per hour and a temp. After 6 months I was hired permanent and received a $7.00 pay increase.

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at AT&T.

I want to add to the legend of how strange the process is for this position. First you get notified they are hiring through their talent network (att jobs) and you apply. You receive an automated invitation to schedule a phone interview, it's not an interview; It is an overview of the position with up to 25 other callers, presumable due to the amount of people that apply. I have come to believe they do it to satisfy some quota of sheer volume of applicants they must go through the motions with because they are highly regulated. Ok so, you pick a time to go for the second step, testing, and this is where it gets weird or at least highly questionable. You go in and the test facilitator says hello and puts everyone in a room with computers for testing, you take the first test - a personality test. It is standard stuff, asking you if you agree with certain statements about your work ethic sharing gossip, etc...and then a second personality/work ethic type test, these take about an hour. The facilitator mentioned a math test but in my two times in this process I had not seen or taken any sort of math test, also strange. So next up is the call simulator and it is super easy, they put you in a call center simulated setting, the simulated trainer trains you on specific things to use during a call, etc. and then you take simulated calls. Both times I have done this I nailed the calls, perfectly - it was super easy. However during both times I did this process (once in 2013 and once this year, 2015) I took only 3 simulated calls, no math and was the first to leave. I have years of experience in inside/outside sales working for large, legitimate fortune 500, 100 companies and stand on my experience and knowledge of the sales and service process, how to treat a customer, etc. This was not hard. I have been declined both times, no idea why.
    I have read that some believe it is an automated decision making process and at this point I have to agree. I spent hours driving there on both occasions to be in the supposed 3 hour testing phase, only to stay a total of 3 hours and be what appears to be randomly declined. The people that walked in and out of the building couldn't have been that superior to myself, I realize how that reads but it's true. I fully believe it is an automated process all the way through, and based strictly on quotas, not necessarily slanted against certain races but to achieve a specific formula of races and genders and ages.
    AT&T Customer Service, Orlando, Florida - fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me. I will not waste my valuable time on a third trip (because they say keep applying...derp)

Interview Questions
    • There was no difficult question, "how do you think people would say you respond to criticism?" that's not difficult   Answer Question

Leadership Development Program Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at AT&T.

First round phone interview, second round recorded video, final round is in Dallas and is comprised of a 15 minute presentation and two casual conversations with current employees in the program.

Interview Questions
    • All behavioral is straightforward but will ask you questions regarding telecommunications. How to determine success in a given market, discuss net neutrality, etc.   Answer Question

The process took much more time than they originally stated. They strung me along, calling every few days and saying it would just be a few more days. It definitely varies. Some candidates in my round received calls the next day, some haven't heard anything in 4 weeks (AT&T says they are still undecided). Very unprofessional communication. Salary starts at 90K, you can likely negotiate up to 100K depending on other offers, if they really like you, etc. Bonus can range from 10-15K.

Wire Technician Interview

I applied online. The process took 5+ monthsinterviewed at AT&T.

Took AGES to get an email for an interview. I applied in August and heard back in January. I ended up having another job already but the long application process almost wasn't worth it. I filled out pages and pages of application, just to get a chance to go to a testing center.

Interview Questions
    • The test i had to take before I even interviewed was hardest. There were a few riddle type problems.   View Answer

I got a job at USPS

Web Applications Developer Interview

2 phone round and face to face call. OOP concepts , some basic java questions, synchronization block, how to use lock, lock vs synchronization, spring mvc framework, hibernate, Database concepts , table normalization, ACID property

AT&T Retail Sales Consultant Interview

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at AT&T.

Hiring process pretty straight forward although most retail store are filtering tons of applicants as this is a well paying retail position. Phone interview then multiple store management interviews are conducted. Phone interview is pretty straight forward, asking about sales history and experience. Store management looks for outgoing an engaging customer savvy people passionate about helping others. Once you're approved by management thorough training process is in place prior to being placed in a store. Training is really helpful as this has set a strong foundation for success. If you're passionate about wireless/wired technology and you're hungry for compensation you can do extremely well here.

Interview Questions
    • How are you expected to handle internal theft and what steps would you take to handle it an appropriate manner?   Answer Question