AT&T

Updated 19 Oct, 2014
1,396 Interview Reviews

2.7

Network Engineer Interview

Very basic/standard interview. Phone interview first, then an in person technical interview. The ultimate decision on hiring is made during the technical interview.

Interview Questions
    They offered, I accepted.

Retail Sales Consultant Interview

phone interview, in person interview, 3 weeks training may put you up in a hotel depending on the location of training. vigerous training process long days lots of lecturing and paperwork

Interview Questions
    • when was a time you were faced with a challenge and how did you deal with it   Answer Question
    salary is pretty set

AT&T Retail Sales Consultant Interview

I applied online – interviewed at AT&T.

I applied on August 15th, 2014. I filled out a quick application online and then two half-hour tests about my integrity, work ethic, and professionalism. Every step of the way, I got an email telling me I was still in the running. After the last online step, I was told a representative would contact me if I was selected. About three weeks later, I was sent an email from an HR representative telling me to call within 48 hours to set up a phone interview. I called, and within 5 minutes I had my phone interview set for September 8th at 10am.

The interviewer called me at 10:04 am. It lasted about 45 minutes. He was very friendly and welcoming, but hard-balled me with a couple questions. This was by far the most difficult interview in the whole process. My advice for the phone interview is to sell yourself, and give complete answers. Address all concerns that the interviewer has, and tell them how enthusiastic you are for a sales/commission based job.

A week later I was called by the hiring manager at the store I applied for. Initially, we set the interview for a Sunday at 1pm. On Wednesday I called the manager to confirm my time and prove how enthusiastic I was for the position. At that time he asked to reschedule for the next day, and I told him I would switch my current work schedule around so that I could make it work. He told me he appreciated that, and we rescheduled for Thursday at 3:30.

I arrived for my final interview 20 minutes early, and waited in the store for 45 minutes before I was taken back. I would advise anyone in this position to be patient, and use the time to look around the store and if possible ask other employees about the job. When I was called back, the hiring manager was very polite and welcoming. He asked me to sell him a bottle of Fit Cleaning Product. I did my best, and he said he would contact me either way.

I got the call two weeks later to start my job by an HR rep, who was also kind. I submitted a drug screen and HireRight background check. Be honest, because they will find out everything. I failed my first background check because of a minor traffic violation that hadn't been taken care of since 2011. I told them I would go to the court to get it cleared up. After I got on a payment plan for my ticket, they let me resubmit my background check. The At&t Hiring Rep submitted the revised background check and called me in 18 hours to tell me I had the job. I start Oct 26th, 2014 in Denver. They unformed me I would get a credit card to pay for meals and be put up in a hotel.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation, but great pay and a great company.

Technician Interview

Applied online at their careers website. Despite a response on profile that I was a final candidate, I never did receive a call. Several positions I have applied for remain open on my profile and nothing has changed for a very long time. I think the first screening is actually done by a computer, looking for key words in order. Would be so nice if there was a real human out there. I have been in this field for over 12 years now, and would still be at my last job if not for a massive layoff. I know I am very qualified.

Interview Questions
    • If you can get as far as getting an interview and are qualified for the position, I believe you have a good chance at a job with this company. Can't help but wonder how many times a qualified person is over looked and lost in the online system.   Answer Question

Retail Sales Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA (US)

I applied through other source. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at AT&T.

you meet with the hiring manager, manager of the store as well as assistant manager. it is a very easy process as long as your "normal" and don't say anything to left field. the longest process is the online tests and drug test, and background. Once you pass that your basically home free.

Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at AT&T.

I submitted my application online and within 5 days, was contacted by the woman who would be my manager for an initial phone interview. After interviewing with her, I had one more phone interview about a week later with my potential project team. Each of them asked a question or two that pretty much revolved around the points on my resume. All questions were behavioral, and nothing unexpected.

Interview Questions
    • Walk me through your resume, tell me about one of your weaknesses, nothing out of the ordinary   Answer Question
    Minimal, but some room for negotiation depending on experience.

Retail Sales Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Guaynabo, PR (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Guaynabo, PR (US)

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at AT&T.

Interviewer was nice. It felt more like a conversation than a job interview. Interview lasted 30 minutes. The focus on the interview was on sales pitch t9 customers and how would you manage difficult situations. Have a second interview next week. So I guess I did well :)

Senior Procurement Consultant Interview

Initial Phone Screen with Recruiter - On-Campus Case Interview - 2nd Round Technical Interview (Remote) - Final Interview

Met with 2 people on the team in the on-campus interview phase. Went through behavioral and case interviews and was moved on to the 2-hour technical interview. Declined due to another job offer.

Prem Tech Interview

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at AT&T.

Took a long time, about 3 months. They weren't really honest about the uniforms, it took them awhile to get us our uniforms. The boots were poor and not rated for climbing. It took a year to get climbing boots despite climbing in the field during that time.

Interview Questions
    Ask for at least 20$/hour.

AT&T Sales Representative Interview

I applied online – interviewed at AT&T.

First it was a behavioral phone interview followed by an in-person interview with a local manager. This was for the AT&T Sales Training program in Atlanta. Once accepted to that program, you then interview with potential managers upon your exit from the training program.

Interview Questions
    • Just look up behavioral interview questions to prepare.   Answer Question