ASUREA

Updated 31 Jul, 2014
Updated 31 Jul, 2014

2.4

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Roseville, CA (US)

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at ASUREA.

Poor planning, poor comunication, un-professional, inappropriate interview style, too low payscale when finally disclosed for position

Interview Questions
    • Very few questions about skills or experience, long on-line questionnaire without any results   View Answer

Insurance Agent Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at ASUREA.

The interview process is lengthy but it gives the candidate the opportunity to see if they have what it takes to be a successful agent.

Interview Questions
    • I didn't feel like the questions were difficult. It was a straight forward interview.   Answer Question
    No negotiation phase. Base salary plus commission.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA (US)

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at ASUREA in October 2013.

The interview process felt extremely long... Three weeks to be exact. That's unheard of in the insurance industry, as most people are hired on the spot. I guess it's in line with their reputation of being selective with whom they bring on board.

The first interview went over my background mainly. The second interview was the longest of the three, as it outlined everything pertaining to company salary, benefits, commission structure, and what's expected if hired, etc. The third interview was also brief, but crucial as you're being evaluated on your ability to memorize and recite a lengthy portion of the sales presentation. It's not an impossible task and thankfully I was given three days in advance to prepare.

Interview Questions
    • No question was anything I'd describe as being difficult or out of the clear blue sky. Everything was very relaxed and conversational.   Answer Question
    There really isn't any negotiation when it comes to salary. I can say they really are willing to work with their agent's work/life balance. I was given an offer of employment contingent upon my successful completion of the pre-employment production phase.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA (US)

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at ASUREA in October 2013.

The first interview was a waste of time. Just a meet and greet, for a long drive.

Insurance Agent Interview

Lady called and did a 5 minute prescreening. Next step is face to face.

Insurance Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hillsboro, OR (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hillsboro, OR (US)

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at ASUREA in March 2013.

There were a total of 4 interviews. The first was an initial phone screening. The rest were one on interviews with the area manager. It was a comfortable conversation. The manager was young, down to earth and easy to talk to.

The final interview also required you recite the sales presentation. After that, he offered me the position. I had to get licensed and I was allowed two weeks for the exam. They also require you to make 4 sales before you are officially hired on. I have closed 2 of 4 deals so far. Hoping to get the next two in the upcoming days.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing too hard. One question was: what was your proudest achievement?   Answer Question
    None. There is a base salary and uncapped commission once you are official.

Insurance Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL (US)

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at ASUREA in January 2013.

Responded to add online and completed the profile test. Received a follow up call to arrange an face to face interview with local manager.

Interview Questions
    • Have to say it was a very weak interview. Met with the local manager, who obviously has very little experience interviewing. No questions were asked regarding my background and very little information given other than restating what was told to me by the telephone interview.

The manager basically said that if they like me, they will call me to take the next step. I received an email from them declining to move forward and work with others that closely match the position. My background is 10 years in insurance sales in group/individual products as well as serving as an underwriting manager for individual products with a well known insurance company and very familiar with their products, can only assume they are looking for newly licensed agents or recent college graduates. Would be interested in knowing how many people get hired that are in their 30s+

View Answers (2)

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Roseville, CA (US)

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at ASUREA in October 2012.

I reached out to a contact I had for an introduction to the company and after several phone and in person interviews, I was offered a position to build a new unit within the company.

Interview Questions
    • The interview process is relaxed and the interviewers look to put the candidate at ease. The interview questions were mostly targeted toward my expertise and experience. In depth questions were more conversational than interview type questions. I developed a project plan for building a new unit within the company and delivered to several different people on the executive team.   Answer Question
    An written offer was delivered via email and I accepted it.

Insurance Broker Interview

I applied through other source – interviewed at ASUREA in October 2012.

3 interviews. First two are generally easy, the last is easy as long as you make sure to absolutely memorize the entire page they ask you to. They want to hire you, so be hirable.

No negotiation

Insurance Sales Professional Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boca Raton, FL (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boca Raton, FL (US)

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at ASUREA in September 2012.

Was called immediately when I sent my resume. They said it was salary 26k, benefits and the minimum you would make is between 60 and 80k.