ARAMARK

2.5

Cleaner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pictou, NS
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pictou, NS

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at ARAMARK in June 2013.

the interview was good very informing. interviewed by 2 people. asked me many different questions. gave me a chance to ask questions. asked me why i would be a good fit. even though i had no experience.. to me it went well

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kanata, ON
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kanata, ON

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at ARAMARK in August 2011.

The interview was very informal and asked if can work in a fast pace environment as at NHL games there could be big line ups and guests who are not happy to be in line for long periods of time.

Interview Questions
    • What would you do if a guest started to yell at you?   View Answer
    Offered the guest a free product to calm the situation done

Server Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at ARAMARK in August 2010.

Very nice working environment. Lacked kitchen staff.

Inbound Customer Service and Sales Interview

invitation and information session. Called back for second interview. Call center simulation. It will take about 45 min to do. Then the interview with manager and director. Fairly typical questions. You will be asked how you know about the company and what you know.

Interview Questions
    • After second interview, it will be another 2 weeks before you know if you have the job.   Answer Question
    no negotiation. this is a hourly seasonal position with no benefits

Student Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at ARAMARK.

The interview took place within our on-campus Career Center, so I didn't get to experience their office culture. The interview was for a student manager position in our dining halls on campus. The woman who interviewed me was extremely friendly and very laid back - she never made me feel intimidated but definitely didn't sugar coat the fact that the job is NOT easy. The interview process was rather simple and standard, your typical procedures.

Interview Questions
    • I can't remember the specific questions she asked - nothing too hard that was noteworthy. Like I said, it was very standard.   Answer Question

Chef Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at ARAMARK.

Interview was, pleasant. The conversation was lively and informative. I never felt intimidateded or worried except when they asked salary requirements. I hadn't researched it so was unprepared. I hope I haven't blown it but if it doesn't work out I'm ok with it

Catering Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at ARAMARK.

Online application form competency questions. Teamwork, leadership and commitment. You also had to upload your CV.

Interview questions why Aramark, difficult customer situations, trends experience in catering, questions on stock control and management of teams.

One to one interview very relaxed wit h senior members of HR I would work with in the future. Asked about knowledge of Aramark's business and what industries it works in. Where do you see yourself in a few years time.

Following the interview went to training centre where training for role and aramark as a business was given.

Accelerate to Leadership Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at ARAMARK.

I first found out about the program through my school's career fair. I applied online and then talked to them at the career fair. It was very high tech- they screenshotted my resume on an ipad and set up an interview with me there. Before the interview, I was invited to an info session for Aramark on campus. They explained the different lines of business and what it would be like to work in the program. I highly suggest you attend it- lets you get a person connection with the interviewers. During my interview on campus, I was interviewed by a woman that was at the info session. It was about 30 minutes and asked me mostly about my work history, relocation preferences, and a few behavioral questions. Make sure you ask alot of questions for the recruiters and be clear on where and what line of business you want to work. I then got an email a few days later saying I was invited back for the second round. They had it in philadelphia and hotel and travel were paid for. It was a half day experience: informational session, panel discussion, and then 2 15-30 minute interviews. My first was with two gentelmen of different lines of business. My second was a woman in the field I wanted most. I then received a few emails in the following two months saying it was a large task to sort through all 800 employees. I finally received an email saying a reiceved a position, but they hadnt decided where they would place me. I am still waiting on placement information.

Interview Questions
    • Name a time in which you had to have a difficult conversation with a co-worker   Answer Question
    No negotiation

Cook Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at ARAMARK.

very professional interview process. I felt very comfortable being questioned by a very friendly chef named Shawn. He never talked down to me or made me feel stupid. (even when I answered wrong) he simply said well, how about this answer...

Interview Questions
    • a lot of measurement questions. for example how many quarts in a gallon etc.   View Answer
    with no educational background I started at minimum wage. but it wasn't long before I was promoted and my salary was increased significantly.

Accelerate to Leadership Program Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at ARAMARK.

I found out about the company through an on campus career fair. I gave them a copy of my resume and I got an email the next day asking to set up a phone interview. I had my phone interview within a week. After the phone interview I received an email asking me to fly to PA for the final round of interviews. They pay for everything and there were about 75 students interviewing with me. The whole day is very organized and you will receive a schedule that lets you know when your two, 30 minute interviews are. They will ask you repeatedly what line of business you want to go in and if you are willing to relocate. Do your research and answer honestly because they WILL relocate you. Come prepared with about 10 questions to ask them. 5 for each interview. Lastly, spend some time networking with the other students and spend some time touring Philly!! I got a call about two weeks later with an offer.

Interview Questions
    • What is your dream job?
      What makes you a good leader?
      What line of business are you interested in?

Answer Question
    No negotiations. They are very firm with their offer.