ARAMARK

Relevance Date Difficulty

Server Interview

Server
Toronto, ON

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at ARAMARK in August 2010.

Interview Details Very nice working environment. Lacked kitchen staff.

Interview Question – What do you look for when applying for a job?   Answer Question

Housekeeper Interview

Westchester, OH (US)

I applied in-person and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at ARAMARK in January 2014.

Interview Details The entire hiring and interview process took about a month from the initial interview through the signing of the final paperwork. Within a week of submitting my application I received a call from the head of HR for the Environmental Services (EVS) branch of Aramark at West Chester Hospital. She informed me that she would be in charge of the entire interview process and we scheduled my first interview was for a week later. The HR woman was very nice over the phone and was the same when I met her for my first interview. There were a total of four interviews. Two were over the phone and the other two were in person. The first interview was a preliminary interview with a basic set of questions about how I would handle certain situations in the work environment. This went smoothly and before the end of the call my next phone interview was scheduled for a week later. For the second interview i was asked another basic set of questions about my work history. After giving the HR woman a description of all of my prior jobs and roles, my third interview was scheduled for a week later. The third interview took place in the hospital cafeteria and i was asked the same set of questions from the phone interview by the first and second shift managers. After they each were both done with their question sets i was told to wait and there was a period of waiting in which i assume management was making the decision for me to be hired. After about 15 minutes the HR woman came and led me to a conference room where she informed me that i was being made a job offer. I accepted the offer and was then asked to fill out some pre employment forms and a form consenting to a drug test. After all the paperwork was done the HR woman came back in and we scheduled my drug test and first training day. Overall the interview and hiring process was pretty simple and painless. The only difficult part was getting all the blood work and immunizations required to work in the hospital.

Interview Question – Give an example of a time when you made a mistake at work and had to correct it. What happened and what did you do to fix the problem?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation. The rate i was offered is the starting rate of 11 dollars an hour. First shift gets 10 dollars an hour and second shift gets a dollar extra for the shift differential.

Philadelphia, PA (US)

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at ARAMARK in March 2014.

Interview Details I applied pretty much at random after looking through some of their listings. I got an email about a week later to schedule a 30 min. phone interview. It was all behavioral questions, some role playing exercises but given my background in the food service industry, it was simple enough. Two weeks after that I was invited to interview in Philadelphia. As I understood it, Aramark was interviewing 200 something candidates over two days and four interview sessions. I was the very first session, and had three interviews, all of which were very comfortable and relaxed. While the majority of the interviews were more conversational (the best interviews tend to be dialogues, I think), the formal questions about past circumstances and career visions are almost mandated.

The whole process was very organized. As a former Aramark employee I am always impressed by the level of courtesy Aramark shows even its potential employees.

I got called with an offer about a week and a half later. I declined for reasons below.

Interview Question – 1. Name a time when you had to handle a difficult co-worker.
2. What line of business are you interested in?
3. What do you think makes you successful?
4. Tell me about a time when you made a mistake.
5. Name a time when you dealt with a difficult customer.
  Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Throughout the entire interview process, they asked me repeatedly where I would like to be placed. I answered with "pretty much any state but the one I currently reside in". I was just ready for a change. When I received an offer a week and a half later, the opening was in a building about 15 minutes from my house. So clearly, someone else made the placement decision, or else they simply did not listen during my 4 separate interviews.

Accelerate to Leadership Program Interview

I applied through college or university and the process took 4 months - interviewed at ARAMARK.

Interview Details Had a total of 3 interviews. First, was through my colleges career center. Then, was flown to Atlanta for second round interviews with two panels of two persons each.

Interview Question – When have you experienced a diversity problem in the workplace and how did you deal with it?   View Answer

Reason for Declining – Great offer, but the position was 12 hours away from home.

Lead Catering Chef Interview

Boston, MA (US)

I applied online - interviewed at ARAMARK in January 2014.

Interview Details The whole hiring process was money !!!!!!

Interview Question – What meal would I cook For the 2 chefs   View Answer

Negotiation Details – They told me !!

Food Service Director Interview

Baltimore, MD (US)

The process took 2 months - interviewed at ARAMARK in May 2010.

Interview Details The biggest problem is getting anyone to contact you once you have posted for a position

Interview Question – "Describe a time when" is what comes to mind   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation

Food and Beverage Intern Interview

Newark, DE (US)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at ARAMARK in March 2014.

Interview Details I scheduled my interview at a hospitality career fair which my University hosted. The paper which I wrote my information on gave a numerical date for the interview day, so I had to figure out the day of the week (to figure out my class schedule) myself. It also failed to list a location, but I assumed that they would email me more information about it. A week passed, and I ended up calling my schools hospitality building to find out the location.

The interview was very friendly and professional. She even offered me water when I coughed.

Interview Question – I was asked to come up with three adjectives which describe myself as I am at work.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Newark, DE (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at ARAMARK in March 2014.

Interview Details I had a Skype interview but they also recruited on campus. They try to get back to you in a weeks time which is really nice. They ask you pretty basic behavioral questions such as:
1. Name a time when you were able to help someone who was struggling? Why was this difficult? How did it help you
2. Why Aramark?
3. What segment of the industry are you interested in?

The recruiter was really nice and friendly, and made the process not intimidating.

Interview Question – 1. What is the most frustrating thing about your job? (I work for Aramark)
2. What is the thing you are least proud of on your resume?
  View Answer

Manager Interview

Chicago, IL (US)

I applied online and interviewed at ARAMARK.

Interview Details I applied on line, then a recruiter from Aramark called me to set a phone interview. Did the phone interview, came in for an in person interview, then had another interview with the other managers and the district manager.

Philadelphia, PA (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took 8 weeks - interviewed at ARAMARK in March 2014.

Interview Details I attended and On-Campus interview ad was then flown to Philadelphia, PA for final round interviews.

Interview Question – What is your drive for results like? Give an example of a time you took control of something and saw it all the way through to the desired result.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – They actually have not extended offers yet, so I am not sure whether or not I have received an offer.

Interviews for Top Jobs at ARAMARK

Worked for ARAMARK? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at ARAMARK interview questions and advice. All 124 interview reviews are posted anonymously by ARAMARK employees and interview candidates.