AMD

Updated 18 Feb, 2015

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Markham, ON
    Anonymous Employee in Markham, ON

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at AMD in February 2015.

Applied to career site on amd.com. Was contacted through email for two interviews. First interview was about previous experience/soft skills, Second interview was more technical. Was then contacted a week later with offer.

Hardware Engineer Student Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at AMD.

I went in for an interview with 3 interviewers and it was mostly a standard interview where I answer some questions. I also had to share my previous experiences that are relevant to hardware development. Overall the interviewers were friendly and gave a pleasant experience.

Interview Questions
    • Write a code for:
      Given an integer, print all prime numbers up to that integer.

Answer Question

CAD Department PEY Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at AMD in November 2014.

I applied through my university. The interview was about 1 hour long, mostly technical questions, about verilog, timing analysis of digital logic and power dissipation. The questions weren't difficult, but the interviewer seemed strangely critical of my answers. I'm not sure if he was doing it on purpose, but he came off a little harsh.

Interview Questions
    • How to reduce static and dynamic power dissipation in CMOS logic   View Answer

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at AMD in November 2014.

Applied through University/college career portal. Got the interview around a week later. There was the project manager and another employee at the interview. They talked about the position a little. Was not a very technical interview. Asked about resume and projects that were completed. Asked about what I knew about AMD and chips.

ASIC Design Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at AMD.

I applied through university. Just had one interview. There were two interviews and both of them were nice. Both of them were Hardware Engineers. I am mainly focused on Software. But this position required both HW and SW skills so I was interested. They asked me a mixture of hardware and software questions. Mainly hardware. They asked me to write Verilog and C. Most of the questions were pretty straightforward and basic.

Interview Questions
    • They asked me to write the Verilog code for a D-Flip Flop. I had forgottend verilog, so I asked them if I could write it in pseudo-code. I dervied and wrote the code from first principles. I think this impressed them.   Answer Question

I got another offer from another company that was paying more.

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at AMD.

Applied through the school internship program job board. Had an on-campus interview with an engineer. Talked about my past experiences, then went onto questions regarding digital logic and Verilog programming. Then I was invited for an on-site visit to meet the team and check out the work environment. Received an offer a few weeks later.

Interview Questions
    • A vending machine takes pennies, nickles, dimes and quarters. A can of pop costs 25 cents. When the amount of money inserted is equal to 25 cents, the machine dispenses the pop. When the amount of money is over 25 cents, the machine dispenses the pop and change. Draw the state diagram for the vending machine.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Asked basic behavioural questions. Phone interview, then in person interview. In addition asked some technical questions regarding circuits and basic understanding of theory. No unexpected trick questions. Should prepare for interview by reading up on textbooks or literature.

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at AMD.

I received an email from the hiring manager in a week from my application. He informed me that he would call me to set up an interview. After the phone call, I lost the opportunity of an one-in-one interview. Later, I was selected for an on-campus interview during their interview extension. I was interviewed for about an hour by two engineers. They went through my resume and asked me to write a short "test", which covers basic questions for Verilog, C and C++.

Interview Questions
    • I did not expect a "test" for the technical questions. Since I did not prepare for software questions, I did not give the correct answer for the C programming questions. I was asked about data structure and time optimization.   Answer Question

Customer Engineer Interview

Send resume to HR and waiting for call.

Analog Design Engineer Interview

I applied online – interviewed at AMD.

Got a phone interview. Lasted for around 20 mins. Never got any reply from them.