AMD

AMD Interview Questions

Updated 19 Nov, 2014
Updated 19 Nov, 2014

CAD Department PEY Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at AMD in November 2014.

I applied through my university. The interview was about 1 hour long, mostly technical questions, about verilog, timing analysis of digital logic and power dissipation. The questions weren't difficult, but the interviewer seemed strangely critical of my answers. I'm not sure if he was doing it on purpose, but he came off a little harsh.

Interview Questions
    • How to reduce static and dynamic power dissipation in CMOS logic   View Answer

ASIC Design Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at AMD.

I applied through university. Just had one interview. There were two interviews and both of them were nice. Both of them were Hardware Engineers. I am mainly focused on Software. But this position required both HW and SW skills so I was interested. They asked me a mixture of hardware and software questions. Mainly hardware. They asked me to write Verilog and C. Most of the questions were pretty straightforward and basic.

Interview Questions
    • They asked me to write the Verilog code for a D-Flip Flop. I had forgottend verilog, so I asked them if I could write it in pseudo-code. I dervied and wrote the code from first principles. I think this impressed them.   Answer Question

I got another offer from another company that was paying more.

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at AMD.

Applied through the school internship program job board. Had an on-campus interview with an engineer. Talked about my past experiences, then went onto questions regarding digital logic and Verilog programming. Then I was invited for an on-site visit to meet the team and check out the work environment. Received an offer a few weeks later.

Interview Questions
    • A vending machine takes pennies, nickles, dimes and quarters. A can of pop costs 25 cents. When the amount of money inserted is equal to 25 cents, the machine dispenses the pop. When the amount of money is over 25 cents, the machine dispenses the pop and change. Draw the state diagram for the vending machine.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Asked basic behavioural questions. Phone interview, then in person interview. In addition asked some technical questions regarding circuits and basic understanding of theory. No unexpected trick questions. Should prepare for interview by reading up on textbooks or literature.

Computer/Electrical Engineer - 16 Months Internship Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at AMD.

I received an email from the hiring manager in a week from my application. He informed me that he would call me to set up an interview. After the phone call, I lost the opportunity of an one-in-one interview. Later, I was selected for an on-campus interview during their interview extension. I was interviewed for about an hour by two engineers. They went through my resume and asked me to write a short "test", which covers basic questions for Verilog, C and C++.

Interview Questions
    • I did not expect a "test" for the technical questions. Since I did not prepare for software questions, I did not give the correct answer for the C programming questions. I was asked about data structure and time optimization.   Answer Question

Customer Engineer Interview

Send resume to HR and waiting for call.

Analog Design Engineer Interview

I applied online – interviewed at AMD.

Got a phone interview. Lasted for around 20 mins. Never got any reply from them.

Hardware Qualification Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at AMD in November 2013.

Was interviewed at my school for the internship program

Interview Questions
    • Interviewer pulled out a motherboard and asked me to name all parts and briefly describe their function.   Answer Question

AMD ASIC Layout/Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Markham, ON

One phone interview. Then one on-sight interview lasting 3 hours split up equally between DV team lead, Design team lead, and manager. DV and Design team leads asked technical questions, while manager asked character questions.

Interview Questions
    • DV team lead asked a question about mathematical proof for paired prime numbers characteristic.   Answer Question

Member of Technical Staff ASIC/Layout Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Markham, ON

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at AMD in August 2013.

It was an internal transfer. I was referred by a person in the group. I have had the opportunity to work with that team for over 4 years and they were familiar with me and it made the process more smooth. Hiring manager talked to me first for half hour to understand my interest, education, and skills. The manager was very positive and scheduled a technical interview with his experienced team members. It was a panel of 3. The questions were in the digital area, some Verilog and programming.

Interview Questions
    • Explain CDC and how can it be addressed?   View Answer
    I was satisfied by what I was offered.