AMD

Getting the Interview

239 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Computer/Electrical Engineer - 16 Months Internship Interview

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at AMD.

Interview Details I received an email from the hiring manager in a week from my application. He informed me that he would call me to set up an interview. After the phone call, I lost the opportunity of an one-in-one interview. Later, I was selected for an on-campus interview during their interview extension. I was interviewed for about an hour by two engineers. They went through my resume and asked me to write a short "test", which covers basic questions for Verilog, C and C++.

Interview Question – I did not expect a "test" for the technical questions. Since I did not prepare for software questions, I did not give the correct answer for the C programming questions. I was asked about data structure and time optimization.   Answer Question

Customer Engineer Interview

Interviewed at AMD

Interview Details Send resume to HR and waiting for call.

Interview Question – What reason choose AMD? What is major success?   Answer Question

Analog Design Engineer Interview

I applied online and interviewed at AMD.

Interview Details Got a phone interview. Lasted for around 20 mins. Never got any reply from them.

Interview Question – mostly basic questions   Answer Question

Hardware Qualification Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at AMD in November 2013.

Interview Details Was interviewed at my school for the internship program

Interview Question – Interviewer pulled out a motherboard and asked me to name all parts and briefly describe their function.   Answer Question

Member of Technical Staff ASIC/Layout Design Engineer Interview

Markham, ON

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at AMD in August 2013.

Interview Details It was an internal transfer. I was referred by a person in the group. I have had the opportunity to work with that team for over 4 years and they were familiar with me and it made the process more smooth. Hiring manager talked to me first for half hour to understand my interest, education, and skills. The manager was very positive and scheduled a technical interview with his experienced team members. It was a panel of 3. The questions were in the digital area, some Verilog and programming.

Interview Question – Explain CDC and how can it be addressed?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I was satisfied by what I was offered.

Custom Mixed-Signal Layout Engineer Interview

Markham, ON

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at AMD in June 2013.

Interview Details Applied online, took about a month to get contacted directly by the manager. Scheduled a phone interview. Got an email back within 5 minutes of completing the interview for an in person interview about 2 weeks after. Had an in person interview, which lasted 2 hours. Had to answer alot of technical questions as well as write a 30 minute aptitude test.

Never got a call/reply/response back after this. Terrible attitude towards applicants.

Interview Questions

HRBP Manager Interview

Markham, ON

I applied online and the process took 2+ months - interviewed at AMD in January 2010.

Interview Details Was contacted by recruiter, given a phone interview. Later called back to schedule a personal interview. Had four in person interviews. All interviews were excellent. Interviewers came prepared and provided valuable insights and feedback on the role and the organization. I felt the company handled the process very well.

Interview Question – How can a technology organization expand its global footprint and remain agile and focused on a common mandate?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – It felt slightly longer than expected.

AMD ASIC Layout/Design Engineer Interview

Interviewed at AMD

Interview Details One phone interview. Then one on-sight interview lasting 3 hours split up equally between DV team lead, Design team lead, and manager. DV and Design team leads asked technical questions, while manager asked character questions.

Interview Question – DV team lead asked a question about mathematical proof for paired prime numbers characteristic.   Answer Question

PEY Test Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university and interviewed at AMD.

Interview Details some basic digital IC questions, such as drawing logic gates, describing basic principles like setup time and hold time. Testing the basic understanding of the IC manufacturing process.

Programming related question, specifically on scripting languages.

Interview Question – Some DFT questions regarding to scan.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at AMD.

Interview Details 1.simple introduce you self
2.some question related to the job
3. a programming test

Interview Question – describe a algorithm   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at AMD

Worked for AMD? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at AMD interview questions and advice. All 239 interview reviews are posted anonymously by AMD employees and interview candidates.