AMD Interview Questions

Updated 12 Sep, 2014
Updated 12 Sep, 2014

Intern Interview

Asked basic behavioural questions. Phone interview, then in person interview. In addition asked some technical questions regarding circuits and basic understanding of theory. No unexpected trick questions. Should prepare for interview by reading up on textbooks or literature.

Computer/Electrical Engineer - 16 Months Internship Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at AMD.

I received an email from the hiring manager in a week from my application. He informed me that he would call me to set up an interview. After the phone call, I lost the opportunity of an one-in-one interview. Later, I was selected for an on-campus interview during their interview extension. I was interviewed for about an hour by two engineers. They went through my resume and asked me to write a short "test", which covers basic questions for Verilog, C and C++.

Interview Questions
    • I did not expect a "test" for the technical questions. Since I did not prepare for software questions, I did not give the correct answer for the C programming questions. I was asked about data structure and time optimization.   Answer Question

Customer Engineer Interview

Send resume to HR and waiting for call.

Analog Design Engineer Interview

I applied online - interviewed at AMD.

Got a phone interview. Lasted for around 20 mins. Never got any reply from them.

Hardware Qualification Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at AMD in November 2013.

Was interviewed at my school for the internship program

Interview Questions
    • Interviewer pulled out a motherboard and asked me to name all parts and briefly describe their function.   Answer Question

AMD ASIC Layout/Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Markham, ON

One phone interview. Then one on-sight interview lasting 3 hours split up equally between DV team lead, Design team lead, and manager. DV and Design team leads asked technical questions, while manager asked character questions.

Interview Questions
    • DV team lead asked a question about mathematical proof for paired prime numbers characteristic.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview

I applied through college or university - interviewed at AMD.

some basic digital IC questions, such as drawing logic gates, describing basic principles like setup time and hold time. Testing the basic understanding of the IC manufacturing process.

Programming related question, specifically on scripting languages.

Member of Technical Staff ASIC/Layout Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Markham, ON

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at AMD in August 2013.

It was an internal transfer. I was referred by a person in the group. I have had the opportunity to work with that team for over 4 years and they were familiar with me and it made the process more smooth. Hiring manager talked to me first for half hour to understand my interest, education, and skills. The manager was very positive and scheduled a technical interview with his experienced team members. It was a panel of 3. The questions were in the digital area, some Verilog and programming.

Interview Questions
    • Explain CDC and how can it be addressed?   View Answer
    I was satisfied by what I was offered.

Custom Mixed-Signal Layout Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Markham, ON

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at AMD in June 2013.

Applied online, took about a month to get contacted directly by the manager. Scheduled a phone interview. Got an email back within 5 minutes of completing the interview for an in person interview about 2 weeks after. Had an in person interview, which lasted 2 hours. Had to answer alot of technical questions as well as write a 30 minute aptitude test.

Never got a call/reply/response back after this. Terrible attitude towards applicants.

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at AMD.

1.simple introduce you self
    2.some question related to the job
    3. a programming test

Interview Questions

Worked for AMD? Contribute to the Community!