ALDI

Updated 24 Nov, 2014
Updated 24 Nov, 2014

2.8

District Manager Interview

I applied through other source – interviewed at ALDI.

Interviewed with District Manager at local store. Basic interview questions. Interviewer spent a lot of time describing the duties of the job and providing an overview of the company structure. Fairly straightforward and expected.

Store Manager Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tully, NY (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tully, NY (US)

I applied in-person. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at ALDI in October 2014.

Dropped off an application at store and was called by district manager for an interview. After the interview I made contact a few times by dropping a letter at the store saying thank you and reminding him that I continue to be interested. Called for a second interview a month later. Both interviews asked me to talk about my previous work experience and several "tell me about a time..." type questions. The first seemed to be focused on job skills and the second on leadership ability.

Interview Questions
    • How would your current supervisor describe you and what would he say is the area you are most challenged in?   Answer Question

District Manager Interview

The interview was pretty standard, what you would normally expect. I got the sense though that they were favoring people with a little more experience. I was interviewing as a sophomore and at the end of the interview, they asked me if I wanted to provide any more detail about myself or why I deserve to get the internship. I talked about for 2 minutes just on this question going over previous work experience in retail and academics/involvement in college.

Interview Questions
    • What's a decision that you have made that later on you thought wasn't the best one? It was worded something like that and it caught me a little off guard. I had to think for a bit on this one.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kalamazoo, MI (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kalamazoo, MI (US)

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at ALDI in October 2014.

Took a few weeks to get a call back. when I went in for an interview and it was very brief and simple. There were only two or three questions asked and we spent most the time taking about job responsibilities.

Interview Questions
    • What do you think will be the hardest thing to do when working for aldi?   Answer Question

Store Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sterling Heights, MI (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sterling Heights, MI (US)

I applied online – interviewed at ALDI in October 2014.

I had a interview on 10/23/2014 at 6pm at the Hampton Inn in sterlights, MI. It went good I am expecting to find out at 5pm tonight by phone. I showed up 20 minutes early they asked for 15 but I like to be presentable and early. They asked about my experience and they seem happy about my customer service experience and willing to make the customers shopping experience a great one.

Interview Questions
    • They asked about a unsual moment at work it was a little difficult to answer but I handled it well.   View Answer

District Manager Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at ALDI in October 2014.

Pre-interview dinner the night before with the Vice President and other District Managers, then a 30 minute on-campus interview, then a final interview at an Aldi location. They basically just want to see if you are a "leader" and how assertive you are. They really emphasize their high salary which seems off to me.

Interview Questions
    • They ask you to walk through your resume and ask simple behavior questions off that. Straight forward questions like "What would you do if you saw an employee steal $5 from the register?" and "How assertive are you on a scale of 1-10?"   Answer Question

District Manager Trainee Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at ALDI in October 2014.

I applied through my university career resources, the application was pretty straightforward. Aldi personnel hosted an informational dinner the night before the interviews for qualified candidates which was very informative and high quality presentation. The actual interview was a half hour long and covered questions about your leadership style, leadership experiences, desire to work at Aldi and ability to learn from failure. The demeanor of the interviewer seemed to be highly critical and imposing, which was a sentiment I heard from several other interviewees.

Interview Questions
    • Talk about a time when you experienced failure in any aspect of your life, and what did you learn from it?   Answer Question

District Manager Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at ALDI in October 2014.

Submitted résumé at my university's career fair. Received a follow up email weeks later when they were back on campus inviting me to interview. I accepted the invitation and was told about a mandatory interest meeting being held close to campus the night before the scheduled interview. Had a sit down interview with 2 executives from the company the following day. Mostly behavioral based questions and going through résumé. The company has an intense feel and the first interview was easier and more conversational than expected.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you made a wrong decision and how you handled and bounced back from the decision. Also strengths/weaknesses.   View Answer

District Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oshkosh, WI (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oshkosh, WI (US)

Informative group dinner for 2 1/2 hours and short formal interview. Very transparent. In the formal interview, they will ask silly questions which have nothing to do with being a District Manager. They also don't value direct experience.Very high pay, but I doubt senior managers have an idea what they are looking for.

District Manager Trainee/Or Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at ALDI in October 2014.

I applied online through my university. I was invited to a mandatory information session on 10/28. The next day interviewed on campus. The interview lasted approximately 30 minutes. I received the rejection email on 11/4.

Interview Questions
    • Name a time when you made a mistake on the job and how did you correct it.
      Why would you be a good fit for Aldi?
      Describe past leadership roles.
        Answer Question