ALDI Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated Aug 25, 2014
363 interviews

2.8

Shop Assistant Interview

I interviewed through an employee referral - interviewed at ALDI in August 2013.

I had a group interview in which we each answered some basic questions (tell me about yourself, why do you want to work for Aldi, etc.), then took a maths quiz and each met with the area manager one by one, at which point we answered more questions (also pretty general).

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Spartanburg, SC (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Spartanburg, SC (US)

I interviewed in-person - interviewed at ALDI in January 2014.

Turned in application in November 2013, got phone call at the end of January 2014. They called me on the phone and asked if i was still interested. Then I went in for an interview. Then there was a follow-up interview upon which they told me I had to submit to drug testing. After passing drug test they called me back in and trained me on the computer. All computer training was paid and they even paid $70 towards steel toe boots.

Interview Questions
    • What would make you fire an employee if you were in a manager position   View Answer
    No negotiation. Set wage of $10 per hour in South Carolina.

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Philadelphia, PA (US)
    Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA (US)

I interviewed in-person. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at ALDI in July 2014.

Applied in June 2014 in person, I printed out an application and brought it in with my resume. I walked around the supermarket for a while and observed the workers for a bit just to get a sense of the environment and where I could possibly be working. I talked to the supervisor about the job and responsibilities as well as another employee about the hours and if my application looks good to turn in. I got called in for an interview about 3 week later which was held in the supermarket. It was a 2:1 interview with the district manager and an intern from a college.
    The interview process went better then expected it didn't feel like an interview more like a conversation every time I got the chance I threw some questions in there or gave little comments about things that were said to me to let them know I am paying attention. They started off the interview by saying they are not looking for the perfect person just a perfect fit in the store. I brought a little notebook and pencil that I had on my lap during the interview. The day before I researched some of their interview questions and wrote them down with the answers in the back of the book just in case and I also listed about 10 questions I wanted to ask which was good because during the interview some of them were answered but I still had something to work with. While they where looking at my resume I gave them an updated version including work and academic programs I participated in. In total it took about 30 minutes and they showed some interest in my School and major/minor and what I want to do with it, I would say interaction is really important they should not be the only ones talking and every answer should have an explanation so they can continue to see who you really are.
    They said to give them a week to call back and if I get called for another interview they would have scenarios for me and a general run down of what they would want me to do and how they expect to act.

Interview Questions
    • Explain a situation where you had to deal with a difficult person?   View Answer
    • With your major, what do you see yourself doing or what do you want to do with it?   View Answer
    • Why should we hire you?   View Answer
    • If we were to call your last employer what would they say about you? What would they rate your performance?   View Answer

Shift Manager/Cashier Interview

I interviewed through other source. The process took a day - interviewed at ALDI in June 2014.

Hiring event in June. It was really impersonal then I was trying to ask questions and the lady cut me off and said if we are interested then we will call you.

Interview Questions
    • I was not asked any questions. It was a hiring event and I don't think the ladies were not really interested in asking questions to see if their was people/ person that were a good fit for the company   Answer Question

District Manager Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Silver Spring, MD (US)
    Anonymous Employee in Silver Spring, MD (US)

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at ALDI in October 2013.

Met recruiter at university recruiting, submitted application online, receive on campus interview with VP of Maryland division. This interview lasted 10 minutes, questions: What past mistake would you change hindsight 20/20? Tell me about yourself? What experience do you have dealing with others? What are your strengths? etc. Then received final round interview invitation. Before arriving at final round, I received an online personality assessment to test consistency and personality. Final round interview: Took SAT style logic, math, and essay exam 1 hr total. Was toured around the facility (good time to ask questions!) Then had 2 more interviews with other senior managers, questions: Would you rather be a motorcycle or bicycle? How would you handle an employee stealing $10, what about $1? What if it was to get bus home?

Interview Questions

Unfortunately I had to move out of the area for family reasons.

District Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Denton, TX (US)
    Anonymous Employee in Denton, TX (US)

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at ALDI.

Series of interviews which starts with an on campus dinner. After on campus interviews they select a few to come for final round interviews. Final round of interviews consists of 3 short interviews with VPs and former District Managers. Interviews are pretty straightforward, they just want to see who can handle the loads of pressure from this job.

Interview Questions

This job seems to pay well, but for the time and effort this job does not compensate workers well at all. Several older classmates had taken this job and had quit before the end of the first year. They try to bait you in with a "high" salary, but I ended up taking another job that requires much less time and effort with similar pay. Stay away from ALDI, don't be fooled by the compensation package. Use this offer to leverage another offer and decline ALDI.

District Manager Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at ALDI.

One phone interview, one face to face interview, an entire day interview, one final interview with hiring manager. I only made it to the face to face interview. The VP of the District Managers was easy to talk to, although he did ask hard questions. He seemed to judge me from the get-go.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to work in the grocery industry?   View Answer

Area Manager Interview

Group Interview, Meeting an existing area manager in store, personality assessment, final interview with director.

Found initial 3 stages fine as a competitive background in sport creates a great base for demonstrating determination and commitment. Waiting on final interview.

Store Supervisor Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at ALDI in July 2013.

Online application - lots of questions. Phone call inviting me to an informal get to know you group interview in store. Around 6 of us with the area manager. Everyone wore shirt/tie etc. Went around the room introducing yourself. You then done a maths test - adding/subtracting/multiplication/division/long multiplication. Then you done a shop floor walk where you had to find positives and negatives about the store. You then go back in and discuss your findings.

Interview Questions
    • Tell us about yourself - I do not think i sold myself as much as i should have at this point. I went first. Everyone else really detailed their work history/education at this point. If its been a while since you left school practice your simple maths skills. You do not get a calculator.   Answer Question

Assistant Buyer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Batavia, IL (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Batavia, IL (US)

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at ALDI in January 2014.

3 Interview Process, pretty basic, lot of behavioral questions. Very professional environment and hiring managers are direct with laying out the growth opportunities at ALDI. Big emphasis on professionalism, organization, and details. Employer is more old school, have to fill out paper application.

No negotiation