ALDI

Updated 15 Dec, 2014
Updated 15 Dec, 2014

2.8

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Royal Palm Beach, FL (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Royal Palm Beach, FL (US)

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at ALDI in November 2014.

Asked questions from my resume, concentrating on my last position. Asked if I was familiar with their stores. I did research the company and visited one of their stores before the interview.

Shift Manager/Cashier Interview

The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at ALDI.

I went to a job fair in my town Monday morning dressed in nice clothes and heels, and filled out an application. About 4 hours later I received a phone call from a district manager saying that she wanted to interview me. She asked if I could come in Wednesday morning and I told her I could not because I start work at my current job very early in the morning but asked if we could set something up for a different time of the day, or maybe even another day. She very quickly said she would give me a call right back to let me know and then basically hung up on me. I never revieved a phone call back. I tried calling back myself, and never received an answer or a call back. I think that was VERY unprofessional.

District Manager Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at ALDI.

Process was straight forward. You should not have an issue talking to someone at a career fair because no one every goes to their tables or events. A couple rounds of interviews in office with several Director level personnel and a meeting with the Division VP. Drug and background screen should you be offered a job.

Interview Questions
    • Why would you want to work for a company that sells something as unsexy as groceries.   View Answer
    Interviewers will try to intimidate you a little by use of facial expression and short answers to your questions. Honestly, I should have put more value on how negative the approach was to interviewing. I would not have accepted if I knew that the interviewers personality mirrored their company philosophy and attitude.

District Manager Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at ALDI.

Had an on campus interview after a dinner with the VP the night before, that is a very important night! The interview was only about 10 minutes.

Was asked to a second interview in St. Louis, will go there in a few weeks.

No negotiation

District Manager Interview

I applied through other source – interviewed at ALDI.

Interviewed with District Manager at local store. Basic interview questions. Interviewer spent a lot of time describing the duties of the job and providing an overview of the company structure. Fairly straightforward and expected.

Corporate Buyer Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Batavia, IL (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Batavia, IL (US)

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at ALDI in October 2014.

I got an interview through an employment agency. There is a three step interview process. My first interview was with the corporate buyer. The interview lasted about 45 minutes to an hour. She asked some questions about my experience but mostly asked behavioral questions, such as had I dealt with situations with coworkers that I didn't get along with. I didn't get a second interview.

Interview Questions
    • How do you deal with people that you may not get along with?   Answer Question
    • What are your strengths and weaknesses?   Answer Question
    • What are some things that you want to work on?   Answer Question
    • Have you ever worked somewhere where there was a policy that you didn't agree with? How did you deal with that?   Answer Question

Store Manager Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tully, NY (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tully, NY (US)

I applied in-person. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at ALDI in October 2014.

Dropped off an application at store and was called by district manager for an interview. After the interview I made contact a few times by dropping a letter at the store saying thank you and reminding him that I continue to be interested. Called for a second interview a month later. Both interviews asked me to talk about my previous work experience and several "tell me about a time..." type questions. The first seemed to be focused on job skills and the second on leadership ability.

Interview Questions
    • How would your current supervisor describe you and what would he say is the area you are most challenged in?   Answer Question

District Manager Interview

The interview was pretty standard, what you would normally expect. I got the sense though that they were favoring people with a little more experience. I was interviewing as a sophomore and at the end of the interview, they asked me if I wanted to provide any more detail about myself or why I deserve to get the internship. I talked about for 2 minutes just on this question going over previous work experience in retail and academics/involvement in college.

Interview Questions
    • What's a decision that you have made that later on you thought wasn't the best one? It was worded something like that and it caught me a little off guard. I had to think for a bit on this one.   Answer Question

District Manager Trainee Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at ALDI in October 2014.

I applied through my university career resources, the application was pretty straightforward. Aldi personnel hosted an informational dinner the night before the interviews for qualified candidates which was very informative and high quality presentation. The actual interview was a half hour long and covered questions about your leadership style, leadership experiences, desire to work at Aldi and ability to learn from failure. The demeanor of the interviewer seemed to be highly critical and imposing, which was a sentiment I heard from several other interviewees.

Interview Questions
    • Talk about a time when you experienced failure in any aspect of your life, and what did you learn from it?   Answer Question

District Manager Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at ALDI in October 2014.

Submitted résumé at my university's career fair. Received a follow up email weeks later when they were back on campus inviting me to interview. I accepted the invitation and was told about a mandatory interest meeting being held close to campus the night before the scheduled interview. Had a sit down interview with 2 executives from the company the following day. Mostly behavioral based questions and going through résumé. The company has an intense feel and the first interview was easier and more conversational than expected.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you made a wrong decision and how you handled and bounced back from the decision. Also strengths/weaknesses.   View Answer