ALDI Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated Aug 25, 2014
363 interviews

2.8

Store Manager In Training Interview

I interviewed in-person. The process took 6 days - interviewed at ALDI in February 2013.

Apply at Job Fair. Once you get the call you will go to 3 Interviews...first with DM, then Store Manager, who will walk you around the store to see if you can keep up and how you handle the freezer, Finally the RM will have the final interview and make the offer.

Interview Questions
    • What is the one thing your last employer would say you needed work on?   Answer Question
    • you will be asked repeatedly if you are aware and ok with how physical this job is and are you willing to do it.   Answer Question
    Straight up. throughout the interview they are very informative and lay everything on the table.

Retail Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Pendle Hill (Australia)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pendle Hill (Australia)

I interviewed online - interviewed at ALDI in September 2013.

Applied online. Heard back from them after a month, they invited me to a interview. First round was a group interview. They ask some basic questions regarding our flexibility, days and time we will be available to work. After this round selected people are asked to move to the next room where one of the area manager presents us with the company profile for around 20 minutes. once this is done, there is a one on one interview with the area managers with few general questions and two or three numerical questions.

Interview Questions
    • The numerical questions. basic addition and subtraction question regarding the money counting.   Answer Question
    There was no negotiation at all.

Aldi District Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Pittsburgh, PA (US)
    Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA (US)

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at ALDI in March 2014.

The hiring process was very unorganized and provided false hope for employment. I attended 2 different smaller interviews before making it to the final stage. I had to take 3 trips to Pittsburgh where they covered barely any expenses except a hotel for the final interview. The final interview was a day long process where I had to miss school. Overall it was very dry and there was not much that intrigued me. The people were nice but the atmosphere was very dry and seemed rehearsed as if they had done it a million times. I am glad I did not receive an offer. They expect so much because they give a large salary but you basically are expected to give up your life.

Interview Questions
    • They used a lot of scenario questions where you had to build upon answers you had given in the past. I thought the essay they required us to write was extremely dumb.   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

I interviewed in-person. The process took 3 months - interviewed at ALDI in July 2014.

Three interviews total which I thought was a little bit overkill. I submitted an in person written application with my own printed one attached. I got a call, came in and talked with the DM. Then another in person with the manager, and a final with the DM. Three months it took for the entire process!! I was shocked when they initially called me because it had been so long. Drug test and background checked followed.

Interview Questions
    • The questions were very simple but they want to know everything about your history professionally, from your first ever job to present.   Answer Question

District Manager Interview

I interviewed through college or university - interviewed at ALDI.

I applied through my college recruitment website, I was brought in to meet the VP of my Division. I was confirmed and move on too a second interview at the Center Valley Head Main Office. I was interviewed with three other interns and given a math and literacy test. We toured the Warehouse and other various locations, very smooth process. Highly professional.

Interview Questions
    • Just know about Aldi, know there history, sustainability efforts/customer savings efforts.   Answer Question
    Everything is available on the website. Pay etc is all clear and highly competitive

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Memphis, TN (US)
    Anonymous Employee in Memphis, TN (US)

I interviewed in-person. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at ALDI in June 2014.

Background: I'm a 25 year-old single woman with years of work experience in physical jobs, and administrative support roles. I relocated to Memphis to finish school, and I just wanted a part-time job for spending money.

I went to an Aldi Hiring event at one of the locations. Be sure to fill out an application in advance, and get there early because the line was out of the door when I left. One of the hiring managers just asked a few basic questions about our abilities and availability before taking our applications and advising that she would call.

I received a call that afternoon to come in for an interview the following week. The interview consisted of routine questions, and it placed a lot of emphasis on the amount of physical work associated with the position. I explained that I had UPS experience, so it wouldn't be an issue, but they kept harping on the physical demands. She actually said "Picture the hardest, most physically demanding job you have ever had, and multiply it by 10." That is NOT how you should sell a job. It was almost like they were purposely trying to turn me away from it.

A day after that interview, I was called in to meet with the regional manager at a store on the opposite side of town. He was very rushed and distracted during the interview, and asked if I thought I could handle the physical requirements. They were the exact same questions that I answered in the previous interview. I felt like I wasted my time and my gas mileage by going there, and I left the interview not caring if I received an offer or not.

I didn't receive an offer, and I think it may be due to the fact that I look over-qualified on paper. I wouldn't know since they didn't have the decency to call.

Interview Questions
    • "Assume that I asked you to set up a display, and you did it wrong. I tell you that you have done it wrong, so you will have to do it over. I come back, and its still wrong. What would you do?"   View Answer

Warehouse Selector Interview

I interviewed in-person. The process took 3 days - interviewed at ALDI in February 2014.

Turned in application . Got a call next day to set up first interview. Meet with director of warehouse for an 1 on 1 interview and did tour of warehouse with warehouse supervisor . Received a second call for second interview and an lift test the following day. Meet with warehouse supervisor for lift test and a detailed jobs description . Was offered the job that same day.

Interview Questions
    • How would you handle an fellow employee not following that safety rules of our warehouse.   Answer Question

Clerk Interview

I interviewed in-person - interviewed at ALDI in February 2010.

Everyone hires on as a clerk and has to work their way up to the top so be prepared for a part time position that can lead to management in a few years.

Interview Questions
    • A lot of heavy lifting, and it is not presented that way at interview. You will be asked about your competence with money exchange. Be sure you can do simple math well and at a fast pace.   Answer Question

Unable to fulfill the physical requirements.

Cashier Interview

I interviewed in-person - interviewed at ALDI in July 2014.

Open Interview, showed up 15 minutes early, resume and application in hand, dressed in a suit. Interviewer was in a full suit. Of the 8 or so that were early, I was the only one that was prepared, and not dressed in shorts/jeans and tank top/tshirt and flip flops. Ad specifically asked for application to be filled out prior. "Interview" lasted less than two minutes. Introduction, Can you work 40 hours?, Did you graduate high school? Do you have transportation? and can you lift over 40lbs? Answer yes, to all. "Great well it looks like you are qualified, We will be calling for interviews this evening" and that was it. Next guy after me was out the door before i was able to get to my car.

Manager Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Houston, TX (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX (US)

The process took 2 months - interviewed at ALDI.

Lengthy process but company is upfront and honest about the entire thing. Went to 4 separate interviews. The store manager the district manager the director of operations and then back to the district manager.

Interview Questions
    • If I were on a magazine cover what magazine would it be and what would be the headline   View Answer
    Not negotiable.

Worked for ALDI? Contribute to the Community!