ALDI

Updated 19 Jan, 2015
Updated 19 Jan, 2015

2.8

Store Manager In Training Interview

Filled out the application in advance. Went to the "hiring session" and since I had their paperwork completed and also had my resume ready they took it from me and without reading, right away I was asked if I would only accept that position or if I was open to other job opportunities. The woman explained that resumes would be reviewed and I would be contacted within 2 weeks. I never was contacted. I am fairly over qualified for the position but have been a stay at home mom for several years and was really excited to jump back in and give a new position my all. I was very detailed about how my skills and experiences matched the KSAs they were seeking, one by one and was very detailed about how excited I was to work my way up and earn my stripes for the right company. Not sure what they are looking for exactly. Everyone from the company that was in the room looked fresh out of college.

District Manager Trainee Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at ALDI.

Campus Recruitment - They had an info session with awesome food on-campus where they had the recruiter come in and gave us a presentation. Took interviews next day and were very neatly organised and punctual to time. They had shortlisted almost 40 candidates for hiring total of 3 DMT. A very difficult competition.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to be a DMT when you can do a very good analyst job?   Answer Question

Specialist Interview

The first interview is with the hiring manager. The second interview is with the hiring manager's manager. Because ALDI does not have a formal Human Resource department, do not expect internal recruitment specialists to filter and 'grill' you.

Interview Questions
    • None. Expect usual questions on experience, skills and achievements. Some behavioral and situational.   Answer Question
    No negotiation. Fixed uniform salary for each position level.

District Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in O'Fallon, MO (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in O'Fallon, MO (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at ALDI.

For the DM position I interviewed with 7 different people including the VP, 5 directors and 1 current DM. Aldi takes great care in only hiring the best of the best, so it is quite a rigorous process. After interviews are complete there was a personality and IQ type test. After selected, final offer was contingent on passing background check and drug screen.

Interview Questions
    There is no negotiation (and no need for it) DMs are on a scale that well exceedes any pay in the market. When I started 2-3 years ago, the pay was $70,000 and now starting pay is $80,000, with climbing the scale I am now at $95,000. Aldi takes care of its people, no need to negotiate as if the employer is your opponent.

Store Associate Interview

2 interviews. I was offered a position at the end of second interview. The whole process took about 3 weeks. The first interview was basically me explaining my while job history. Second interview was pretty typical "tell me about a time..." Questions.

Interview Questions
    • What would you do if a coworker took something without paying for it?   Answer Question

District Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Valparaiso, IN (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Valparaiso, IN (US)

I submitted my resume at an on campus career fair at a college. I then was invited to and attended an information session and then had a first round interview at the college campus (about 2 weeks after the fair). The second round interview included group and individual interviews at the divisional office about 3 weeks later. A final round interview with the divisional vice president, a director of operations, and several district managers was conducted 2 weeks after that.

Interview Questions
    • While reviewing video at a store you observe one of your best employees who has been with the company for over 10 years eating a bag of chips that she did not and does not pay for. Company policy says the punishment for stealing is termination, however you are short staffed with the Holiday season coming up and the employee has not prior policy violations. What do you do?   View Answers (2)
    There was no negotiation. Aldi is upfront about their salary for all entry level hires. However, their offer is significantly higher than the industry average.

Manager Trainee Interview

I applied through other source. The process took a dayinterviewed at ALDI in December 2014.

I attended a hiring event and although I did know what to expect, I was somewhat disappointed. After completing the application as required, I waited in line to speak to the one and only company representative. I was asked a short series of standard, boiler-plate questions (pretty much the same for every position) and was told if there was interest I would be contacted within 2 weeks. I offered my resume which was accepted but was told the application would be the main document reviewed.

District Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at ALDI.

Submitted my resume through my university's career website. Got called for an information session a week after. Did a face-to-face interview with one of the Directors. He mainly assessed whether I had the gut to do the things that are listed in the job description- like cleaning toilets.

Interview Questions
    • How did you pay for your college tuition? Describe your leadership style. How did you hear about us?   Answer Question

District Manager Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at ALDI.

There was a dinner for all of the next day's interviewees. I did two separate interviews (two separate days), 30 minutes each. One was with another District Manager and the second was with an Operations Director. The reason I had two of the shorter interviews is because they shifted me from one district to a different district, based on my long-term location preferences.

Interview Questions
    • Suppose you were district manager over a store that is located in a town that is highly adverse to diversity. You have a diverse store manager from out of town that none of the local store employees will listen to or respect, so the store is completely falling apart, none of your goals are being met, sales are down, the store is a mess etc. What do you do?

Say you are driving to a store to do interviews of potential new employees when you get a call from a store manager at a store in the opposite direction to tell you that there has just been a huge fist fight, the store employees are gone and he is there by himself. There is no one to cover the interviews you are supposed to be doing at one store, but you have a store manager in a crisis at another store. What do you do?

View Answer

District Manager Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at ALDI.

From school website. They have a pre-dinner to introduce what the job do and related question. after that we had a 1vs 1 interview. they just let me go over my resume. nothing special.