ALDI

Updated 25 Feb, 2015
Updated 25 Feb, 2015

2.8

I applied through college or university – interviewed at ALDI.

Applied online through my college career page. Was contacted for a informational and assigned an interview time. Was first asked to a informational dinner, had first interview the next day, now planning on going for a second round interview at their Headquarters

Interview Questions
    • basic questions, why you want to work for AlDI, leadership experience, What makes you stand out   Answer Question

District Manager Trainee Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at ALDI.

I applied at a job fair at USC and heard back within a week. I had to apply online,I was first invited for an information session and the next day I had an interview which was an average interview. They told me I would hear back from them either way within a week.

Interview Questions
    • Experience and behavior questions about resume and past jobs.   Answer Question

District Manager Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Syracuse, NY (US)
    Anonymous Employee in Syracuse, NY (US)

I applied through college or university – interviewed at ALDI.

The company recruited on-campus and I got offered a first-round interview. Personally, I thought it really went well. I answered all the questions with so much passion and enthusiasm and they asked really easy questions so I do not know why I didn't get it. Oh, right. I know why-- Aldi has a certain look they're trying to go for, mainly white people look.

Aldi Shift Manager Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at ALDI.

I went to the first "interview". The district manager was kurt in her approach. The district manager has the group of applicants line up in the front of the store, and individually come over to her, handing her our applications with our resume included. She asked if I had any questions, and her answer was short and sort of to the point. When I asked for clarification on the position related to the pay scale, as it seemed to be a dual role (sometimes a cashier and only when needed, as shift supervisor), My question was, "Does the pay rate change with the role served?", and she stated, "Yes." I also inquired when could I expect a response for an interview which she said about 2 weeks. I thanked her and extended my for a handshake, and she told me, "I don't shake hands." Now if you are in the business to recruit people to your business, you must be willing to shake a hand or two, after all, there is such a thing as hand sanitizer! I did notice that she also wrote on the back of each applicant's paperwork as they walked away. Now I know as a manager doing interviews that the interviewer does make notes on each applicant/ interviewee, but it is usually done after the applicant has left and is done as a private action. I felt she was not approachable or maybe she was having a "bad day", but she needed to brush up on her people skills.

I applied through college or university – interviewed at ALDI.

Applied online through our campus recruiting page and the process took about a week. Went in for the interview, and waited for the recruiter to come and get me to come into the interview room. I was sitting outside the door and the recruiter passed me when she went to talk with one of her colleagues in another room. After she came back the recruiter was on her phone, and did not come and get me. I waited outside the door for 10 minutes and went to check the time, when I came back she acted as if I had done something wrong. Forgive me, but I was taught that the recruiter is expected to be prompt and ask the interviewee to come in to the interview room. Because of this experience I was somewhat glad I was not asked back. I guess my expectations for senior management are too high.
    The actual interview was good though. The recruiter asked behavioral type questions.

Interview Questions
    • Why did you choose your college
      Who has shaped your life
      Tell us about a time you handled a conflict

Answer Question

District Manager Interview

Career fair on campus led to a phone interview. Then a very long "super-day" at one of their regional offices. Met with VP's and directors. Written test was required. Visited a few of their store fronts.

Store Assistant Interview

I applied online – interviewed at ALDI.

First day invited to a group interview with other applicants lasting 1 hour. We were given tasks to complete such as role play, how to communicate with customers and speaking in front of a group. The interviewer is present throughout the process and decides who will be selected for 1-on-1 interview.

Second day is a 1-one interview with the area manager lasting 20-30 minutes. Initially the interviewer will confirm some personal details, followed by your shift preference. It is a good idea to have examples of team working and planning. Aldi want people who can complete tasks at a set time limit, e.g fill tinned food shelves in 30 minutes etc, scan 50 items per minute on the tills. This will be recorded and if you don't hit your targets then you may be disciplined.

Last day is a work trial. I did not attend at this point because I had an offer from another company.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to work for Aldi?
      Can you work early mornings, Night shifts, weekends, bank holidays, overtime etc?
      Are you able to work in a target driven environment? Can you give an example of when you had to work towards a deadline?
      What are your hobbies?
      Do you have any questions?

View Answer

Corporate Assistant Buyer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Batavia, IL (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Batavia, IL (US)

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 5+ monthsinterviewed at ALDI.

Aldi uses outside staffing agencies to find candidates. After a phone l, skills assesment test and 1 in person interview with the staffing agency, you start the ALDI interview process. Typically 1st interview with buyer (if in training then their advisor as well.) If called back, the 2nd interview with buyer and thier boss. Have seen process take 2 interviews to over 8. Company tries to find the right match in personality types between buyer and assistants.

District Manager Interview

Had an informational dinner hosted on university campus, followed by the interview the next morning. Process was smooth and easy, the informational dinner was great and yielded insight regarding Aldi's business model and company culture.

Interview Questions
    • Mostly behavioral questions, nothing too difficult (i.e. review of leadership positions, how various scenarios were dealt with, etc.)   Answer Question

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA (US)

I applied in-person – interviewed at ALDI.

Applied at job fair and got call back next day offering interview but group interview. I was kind of nervouse but I figured in that position i will be good at