AIG

Getting the Interview

154 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Actuarial Analyst Interview

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at AIG.

Interview Details A phone interview, followed by in person interview with a number of managers, followed by a call from a talent acquisition team.

Interview Question – Technical questions on Access and Excel   Answer Question

Underwriting Associate Interview

New York, NY (US)

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at AIG in July 2013.

Interview Details Was already working for the company so i found the position online and applied. I had worked with the boss of this unit previously so it was actually refreshing to see that he was the manager of this. When i went in to interview it was very relaxed and made for a comfortable and easy process.

Interview Question – Was not asked anything unexpected or difficult   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Negotiation phase took multiple weeks as HR refused to give me the requested pay

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 6 days - interviewed at AIG in March 2014.

Interview Details Initially contacted by a third party, contacted for a phone interview 3 days later. Phone interview lasted about 15 mins or so, background of company and department, went over my resume and previous experience. In person interview for 4 days later.

Negotiation Details – None

Programmer Manager Interview

London, England (UK)

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at AIG in November 2011.

Interview Details I applied through a recruitment Agency and after 3 weeks the process began with an hour of Telephone interview going through my Profile, and I was able to share at L2 my experience, expectation-the interviewer explained the role in detailed and AIG & its culture & future strategy. This was followed by 2 face-to-face interview

Interview Question – The majority of the Questions were competency based - so make sure you are well prepared for this approach as some of them can be quiet challeging if you have not prepared. eg "Give me an example of when worked with a difficult stakeholder, how you resolved issues with him/her and what did you learm from it "?   Answer Question

Analyst - FP&A Interview

New York, NY (US)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week - interviewed at AIG in April 2014.

Interview Details Applied through 3rd party recruiter - had an initial phone screen with HR that lasted about 15 min to go over typical phone screen questions (why I am leaving my job, what are my computer skills, etc). Invited to have an in-person interview with dept hiring manager few days later. In person interview lasted about 1.5 hours - met with hiring manager, former dept team member, and two other members that gave me a simple excel test. Basically went over my resume, past work experience - nothing difficult or surprising at all. Great interview experience overall.

Interview Question – Nothing difficult whatsoever - the only unexpected part was the excel test, but it was very simple.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I went through a recruiter that negotiated on my behalf.

Business Analyst Interview

Atlanta, GA (US)

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at AIG in October 2013.

Interview Details I was contacted by a talent acquisition manager about 10 days after applying for the position to set a time for a phone interview. The phone interview was about a week later, where we discussed mainly my resume for about 20 minutes and we set a in person interview for 10 days after that. I did not hear back from the company for 2-3 weeks after, and the position was cancelled or never filled. I contacted the recruiter about it, and was told they needed someone with more experience.

Business Analyst Interview

Interviewed at AIG

Interview Details The interview was pretty basic. More like a conversation where the interviewer asked me questions about my internships and courses I had done at college.

Interview Question – How did you over come your biggest fear   Answer Question

Business Analyst PMO Interview

New York, NY (US)

I applied online - interviewed at AIG in April 2014.

Interview Details 1. Phone interview. followed by in person interview. So far I only had phone interview.

Interview Question – 1. How many windows are in NYC?   View Answer

Operations and Systems Analyst Interview

Interviewed at AIG

Interview Details One round on-campus interview with a super day at the company.

Interview Question – How am I going to deal with the conflict within the team?   Answer Question

Client Advisor Interview

Houston, TX (US)

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at AIG in March 2014.

Interview Details I applied for the position in January 2014 and was contacted for an interview in February 2014. I interviewed with the VP of the business unit, the reporting manager, and an associate in the marketing department. The interview was very casual and flowed as if it were regular conversation. It lasted about 30 minutes.

Interview Question – There were no questions that were unexpected for a typical interview. I practiced with previous interview questions and questions from job websites. One behavioral question was asked: "Name a time where you were the first to notice an issue and what steps did you take to resolve it?"   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I'm sure there was room to negotiate, but they made an offer so high above my current salary, I didn't negotiate.

Interviews for Top Jobs at AIG

Worked for AIG? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at AIG interview questions and advice. All 154 interview reviews are posted anonymously by AIG employees and interview candidates.