AIG

Very Easy Interview

Summer Analyst, ITSRC Interview

Summer Analyst, ITSRC
Austin, TX (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at AIG in March 2014.

Interview Details Requested Interview through school run career website. I went through 1 interview and received and offer, other interns had to go through multiple interviews. Overall it was a very simple process for me, that is probably because I am and Engineering major so they didnt need to really ask me a lot about insurance because clearly I didnt know anything.

Interview Question – It was a very basic informational interview. It's purpose was simply to see if they liked you or not.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Intern

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at AIG.

Interview Details Applied through university career center, Had the interview in two weeks, Interview taken by group of two people, Asked basic behavioral questions and explained about the role, Second round was the superday.

Interview Question – Basic Behavioral Interview... Why AIG, Long-term goals etc....   Answer Question

Claims Adjuster Interview

Claims Adjuster

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at AIG.

Interview Details The hiring process, from what I can remember, too a while. Most of the hang-up was due to the background check. Other than that, the interview process was rather painless. Thankfully, the company hasn't employed any of the torturous interview techniques I've heard of others using.

Interview Question – There really wasn't any. The interview was pretty casual.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Easy. The company was agreeable to my terms.

AIG Summer Analyst Interview

AIG Summer Analyst

Interviewed at AIG

Interview Details Had one phone interview (all behavioral) and one in person interview where I met with two managers. Mostly asked about my resume and a few behavioral questions. One interviewer was very friendly but the other one seemed very unresponsive and unimpressed. Ended up getting an offer so I am assuming it was more of a stress test.

Interview Question – Why are you interested in the insurance industry   Answer Question

Senior Accountant Interview

Senior Accountant

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week - interviewed at AIG.

Interview Details Phone Interview to go over the experience i had on my current job. Ask what's the reason that make me want to leave my current job. the Process wasn't long. I didnt get a call back from them.

Interview Question – What motivate you to work hard?   View Answer

Summer Finance Intern Interview

Summer Finance Intern
New York, NY (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at AIG in January 2014.

Interview Details I have applied through my university's career website. A week before the first round, I've got the result for the resume screening. For the first round, there were two face-to-face interviews with two professionals from AIG's Finance department. I did not get any response after the first round so I did not get to the second round.

Interview Question – How many gas stations do you think are there in the United States?   Answer Question

Underwriting Intern Interview

Underwriting Intern
New York, NY (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at AIG in March 2014.

Interview Details I made my first contact with the recruiters through a career fair at my university. Only a few basic interview questions were asked at this "screening" (what does AIG do, why AIG, etc.). Around 40 people were invited to interview in second round interviews conducted a week later, which consisted of mainly behavioral style questions conducted by a single interview (mine was a Healthcare Practice Group Leader). Then, the majority (depending on location preference) of final round interviews were held in a Superday at their New York headquarters, featuring 2-3 interviews with various divisions of underwriting (property, marine, casualty, financial lines, etc.) as well as some educational booklets, free goodies, and a networking session (you bet you were being watched!). The one small facet of the interview process that I disliked was that they extended offers over a period of time. Some were notified a week after the Superday, some were told a week after that they would have to wait another week or so before finding out, and some were notified towards the end of that week without having received any news. Personally, this put a rather significant amount of stress on me and some other interviewees, as we were sweating out the uncertainty of the situation while peers around us got their news. Overall, however, this interview process was a great experience. I would definitely give it a shot.

Senior Underwriting Specialist Interview

Senior Underwriting Specialist

Interviewed at AIG

Interview Details Easy. informal interview with questions based on experience. I doubt this will review will help much for interviews outside of my department. I would suggest researching department and requirements for the role in which you are applying.

Negotiation Details – NA

Senior Director/Assistant Vice President Interview

Senior Director/Assistant Vice President
New York, NY (US)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4 months - interviewed at AIG in March 2014.

Interview Details Post resume submission, step one is a phone screen. The executive recruiters are really highly knowledgeable about the company and attributes sought in mid to lower/upper management roles. Questions cover types of prior work, scope/span of control, size of projects, deliverables. How I dealt with difficult clients. How I have led and or worked with cross functional teams.

The second phone screen is by a recruiter aligned to one or more specific business units. Questions pertain to what do you do best; skill set; algnment to general requirements of the role.

Third level interviews are in person, multi-person. Hiriing manager, key stakeholder, and the manager of the hiring manager. Questions around work style, leadership, collaboration, some case study type questions.

Interview Question – How would you handle a complex work problem spaning multiple departments and countries where there is no clear common outcome, and may actually be desired outcomes that seem to be at cross purposes?   Answer Question

Underwriter Interview

Underwriter

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4 months - interviewed at AIG in October 2011.

Interview Details I had an inside referral who walked my resume to H.R. I initially was called in to have an interview with H.R. and another Regional Manager in a different department. I then interviewed with the hiring manager. This took several months as there was not an opening at that time but they queued me to slide in when one opened up.

Interview Question – There weren't any of the typical HR type questions about weaknesses or strengths it was more conversational.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I had two other offers, they met that offer and their benefits are much better.

Worked for AIG? Contribute to the Community!