AIG

2.7

Marketing Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at AIG in October 2014.

Very easy going. Applied through a recruiting company and they forwarded my resume to AIG. They asked to meet with me. They were looking for someone that is bilingual, and I am. They asked me about sports I played and we had a brief conversation about golf and hockey. Very easy going. Then he asked me to go over my resume and so i went through it and explained the things i've done.

Then I met with another woman. She was super nice too. She asked me skills that were relevant to the job. Typical interview questions.

Interview Questions
    Didn't negotiate, fair salary i thought

Senior Underwriter Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at AIG.

You meet with several managers including the HR recruiter. They try to have you meet with as many people in one day and generally takes a week to receive feedback from the company.

Interview Questions
    • Where do you see yourself in 5 years and how to do plan on achieving that goal?   Answer Question
    You have to be careful on negotiating your pay and time off. You need to negotiate this in the beginning and get it in writing. Management changes often.

Actuarial Analyst Interview

I applied online – interviewed at AIG.

The interview was focused mainly around the work profile. More of a discussion on the current work. A stress was given to problem solving skills, willingness to learn and enthusiasm.

Salary

1 -2 mos before they call for phone interview
    they will schedule you for initial interview
    Usual question..About your resume. your self anything under the sun

Regional Sales Specialist Interview

I applied through other source – interviewed at AIG.

Obvious they are taking warm bodies. Good company but there is a feeding freenzy going on in life insurance sales at this time.Branch Manager was friendly but a hard recruiter. They are playing a numbers game.

Technology Analyst Summer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at AIG.

2 interviewer. Each with 30 min. Standard interview with behavioral questions. (why you choose AIG etc.) I dont know how do they reject people based on this type of questions.

Business Systems Analyst Interview

process was lengthy and hr was unresponsive. interview itself was with multiple people which was intimidating. Average interview length with opportunity to ask questions at the end. My suggestion would be to be prepared with more questions about whether or not this position is a good fit e.g. expectations of position, salary increases over time, promotion opportunities, travel planning

Interview Questions
    wish i had negotiated more

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at AIG.

Waited two weeks to be selected in a campus interview. 2 30-minute interviews conducted by staffs, no hr. The questions are mostly behavioral, only one problem to be solved. Staffs are very nice i keeping the conversation.

Actuarial Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at AIG.

Two back to back 30 minute interviews on campus, got an offer 1 week later. They asked pretty standard behavioral questions. It is not too stressful or challenging, a very positive experience. Once you get an interview the company just wants to know if you are someone who would fit into their culture.

Interview Questions
    • If you are given a project with a tight deadline and no information or guidance, what would you do?   View Answers (2)

Location

Trial Attorney Interview

I applied online – interviewed at AIG.

The first level of review was handled by a corporate recruiter in Houston. She got many of the details wrong, but she did keep the process moving along. Meaningful interviews came with the Managing Attorney for the office a first on the phone, and then in-person. Then back to the recruiter who extended the offer

Interview Questions
    • Nothing esoteric. Just about my experience, and background.   Answer Question
    There was room for a little negotiation, but not much