AIG Interview Questions

Updated 25 Sep, 2014
Updated 25 Sep, 2014

2.7

Financial Analyst Interview

Interviewing process was comfortable and professional. Be prepared and you'll do a great job. Dress professionally and go in as you would for any other business interview. It seems like a great company to work for based off of the three step interviewing process. There was a phone interview before an in person interview.

IT Project Manager Interview

Got promoted. Do not expect a grilling interview. Not big on tools or training or education. Got promoted. Do not expect a grilling interview. Not big on tools or training or education.

Tough

Senior Actuarial Analyst Interview

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at AIG.

Got internal transferred and promoted to this position from local country office to the apac regional office. as this is an internal transfer, I don't have much to speak about the interview process.

Actuarial Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Los Angeles, CA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA (US)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeks - interviewed at AIG in August 2014.

Spoke to the manager for a quick phone interview and was brought on-site shortly afterwards. Was told that the team showed strong interest in moving forward about a week after the on-site, and then about 7 business days later, I was extended an offer.

The on-site was all-day interview with 13 different people, mostly actuaries. They all seemed to be very friendly and easy to get along with so the interview wasn't very difficult, provided that you prepared to know your resume inside and out. Be sure to listen actively as they will ask you what you learned throughout the day regarding the job, and also be sure to have done homework on the industry and products that they sell. Seemed to be a great position with a great team and strong leadership.

Interview Questions
    • What do you know about the life industry? What is the most pleasant and unpleasant thing you've heard so far?   Answer Question

We were unable to come to an agreement on salary

Senior FIN Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Greensboro, NC (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greensboro, NC (US)

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks - interviewed at AIG in August 2014.

5 people, onsite
    nice people, laid back
    straight forward process.

Asked behavioral questions. Wanted to know about fit, why the job, and company. 1:1 interviews. rotated rooms. Said I'd hear back in a few days.. heard back a week later.

Interview Questions
    • questions related to why this co, why this position, why this city, and about fit.   Answer Question
    Just got a phone call

Paralegal Interview

I applied online - interviewed at AIG.

The interview routine was a lot less stressful than i thought it would be. The recruiter was very nice and flexible when it came to selecting a date in which I could come in for an interview. Also when i finally arrived, they were timely and Professiional.

Loss Sensitive Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Berkeley Heights, NJ (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Berkeley Heights, NJ (US)

Phone interview with HR department in Houston, TX before going into the office for an in person interview. I interviewed with 2 of the current division managers. They asked similar questions, all basic for entry level interviews.

Interview Questions
    • What book did you last read? It was so unrelated to any kind of work I would be doing.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at AIG.

Applied through university career center, Had the interview in two weeks, Interview taken by group of two people, Asked basic behavioral questions and explained about the role, Second round was the superday.

Interview Questions
    • Basic Behavioral Interview... Why AIG, Long-term goals etc....   Answer Question

Claims Adjuster Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at AIG.

The hiring process, from what I can remember, too a while. Most of the hang-up was due to the background check. Other than that, the interview process was rather painless. Thankfully, the company hasn't employed any of the torturous interview techniques I've heard of others using.

Interview Questions
    • There really wasn't any. The interview was pretty casual.   Answer Question
    Easy. The company was agreeable to my terms.

AIG Summer Analyst Interview

Had one phone interview (all behavioral) and one in person interview where I met with two managers. Mostly asked about my resume and a few behavioral questions. One interviewer was very friendly but the other one seemed very unresponsive and unimpressed. Ended up getting an offer so I am assuming it was more of a stress test.

Interview Questions

Worked for AIG? Contribute to the Community!