AIG

2.7

Marketing Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at AIG in October 2014.

Very easy going. Applied through a recruiting company and they forwarded my resume to AIG. They asked to meet with me. They were looking for someone that is bilingual, and I am. They asked me about sports I played and we had a brief conversation about golf and hockey. Very easy going. Then he asked me to go over my resume and so i went through it and explained the things i've done.

Then I met with another woman. She was super nice too. She asked me skills that were relevant to the job. Typical interview questions.

Interview Questions
    Didn't negotiate, fair salary i thought

Business Systems Analyst Interview

process was lengthy and hr was unresponsive. interview itself was with multiple people which was intimidating. Average interview length with opportunity to ask questions at the end. My suggestion would be to be prepared with more questions about whether or not this position is a good fit e.g. expectations of position, salary increases over time, promotion opportunities, travel planning

Interview Questions
    wish i had negotiated more

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at AIG.

Waited two weeks to be selected in a campus interview. 2 30-minute interviews conducted by staffs, no hr. The questions are mostly behavioral, only one problem to be solved. Staffs are very nice i keeping the conversation.

Actuarial Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at AIG.

Two back to back 30 minute interviews on campus, got an offer 1 week later. They asked pretty standard behavioral questions. It is not too stressful or challenging, a very positive experience. Once you get an interview the company just wants to know if you are someone who would fit into their culture.

Interview Questions
    • If you are given a project with a tight deadline and no information or guidance, what would you do?   View Answers (2)

Location

Technology Summer Analyst Interview

Applied through university and selected for an on campus interview. The interview was more like a conversation and a information session with few behavioral question. It was just a check of your communication skills.

Interview Questions
    • What exactly you know about the position and the domain where you have applied to?   Answer Question
    NA

Trial Attorney Interview

I applied online – interviewed at AIG.

The first level of review was handled by a corporate recruiter in Houston. She got many of the details wrong, but she did keep the process moving along. Meaningful interviews came with the Managing Attorney for the office a first on the phone, and then in-person. Then back to the recruiter who extended the offer

Interview Questions
    • Nothing esoteric. Just about my experience, and background.   Answer Question
    There was room for a little negotiation, but not much

Underwriting Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at AIG.

I spoke to them at first through our school's career fair. They were very nice and welcoming. I was invited to an on-campus interview afterwards. It was your typical half hour behavioral interview. Once we got through the questions, he started having a conversation with me by asking me about myself, hobbies, classes, etc. Basically to get to know me, my personality, and if I am someone he would want to work with. I was then invited to their super day. You interview with two or three different lines and they ask you the same type of behavioral questions. Very relaxed and conversational. Great people there that want to take care of you. Make sure you tell them during your first interview which lines you are most interested in.

Interview Questions
    • All of the questions were basic behavioral questions. Just practice and you will be fine.   Answer Question
    There was no negotiation. It was an internship.

Summer Technology Analyst 2015 Interview

The process took a dayinterviewed at AIG.

I was selected from the Campus Portal for this interview.
    There were two interviews. The first one was sort of technical and resume-oriented. I was asked a few technical questions and the other questions focused more on scenarios and how would I respond to them. Because it was of a technical nature, the questions probed a bit on the technical details.
    The other interview was purely a behavioral interview. It focused on knowing the traits that I possess like communication skills, innovation, problem solving approach etc. The interviewers were friendly and easy to talk to.

Interview Questions
    • None of the questions were difficult in nature. They were trying to get to know more about your strengths and how could you fit in the organization.   Answer Question

Insurance Specialist Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at AIG.

Took about two weeks. Was called in for an interview. From there, I was told an offer would be addressed via phone following a background check. Interview was very conversational — discussed the position and expressed my concerns or confidence.

Interview Questions
    They made an offer and I accepted. Salary exceeded my expectations.

Senior Underwriter Interview

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at AIG.

Long and drawn out. 4 interviews total. 1 with HR for 30m. 2 with Hiring manager and Program Director. 1 with President and Chief Underwriting Officer of the division. Interview started in the spring offer and start date was in late summer. it took about 3 months from the first HR interview to my offer.

Interview Questions
    • Pretty standard. The particular product I was underwriting was new to me, so references there were tough to tackle. Other than that, it was laid back and informal most of the time.   Answer Question
    Negotiated vacation time, originally offered 14 days. Negotiated 23 days. They accepted my request within 24 hours.