ADT

138 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Team Lead Interview

Brampton, ON

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at ADT in May 2011.

Interview Details given to other candidate based on bias/ preference

Interview Questions

Very Easy Interview

Residential Sales Representative Interview

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at ADT.

Interview Details Short interview. They will hire anyone willing to take the job. Then a long wait about 3 weeks to pass background check and drug testing.

Interview Question – None. Very easy interview. They just hope you will pass background so they have the bodies to fill positions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Paid 4 week training then your off to 100% commission.

Installation Technician Interview

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at ADT.

Interview Details The process I encountered was as follows, I applied on the career section of their website, next I was contacted by a Randstad recruiter that asked typical interview questions over the phone. After I passed the recruiter step, I was sent info to take an online assessment test issued. Upon passing the test I was asked to attend an Invitation only hiring event at the Oak Brook, IL where I would be interviewed by the hiring manager. Two weeks after the interview I received an offer. The duration of the complete process from application to start date was approximately 3 months.

Interview Question – Didn't experience any difficult questions, all the questions were standard.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Since this is a unionized position, negotiating the salary is not an option. However, raised are given every 4 months until you reach the cap of about $27 and hour.

Service Tech Interview

Fort Myers, FL (US)

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at ADT in April 2010.

Interview Details I had to know someone there in order to get an interview. It was a standard interview process. I applied using an employee referral. I was called to come in for a one on one interview with the service manager. I had to return to meet with the operations manager and service manager together. I was hired on the spot.

Interview Question – Tell me the difference between how a fire alarm and a burglar alarm are wired.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was told ADT does not accept prior experience as its alarms are different so they do not have a good starting pay.

Residential Sales Representative Interview

San Diego, CA (US)

I applied online and interviewed at ADT.

Interview Details recruiter: phone screen. then manager phone interview. then in-person. went to interview and after waiting 20 minutes was informed the manager would not be able to see me. Manager lied to recruiter and said I was late, therefore she had to re-schedule. Very unprofessional.

Very Easy Interview

Emergency Dispatch Operator Interview

Irving, TX (US)

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at ADT in September 2013.

Interview Details After applying I received an e-mail to take assessment. About 3days later a recruiter called to schedule an interview. Interview was very informal basic questions like "What are your weaknesses, Name a time when you had a difficult situation at work and how did you handle it?" Then you start dealing with HR who is trying to verify jobs and education, IDK what company does them for them but I had to verify my own jobs and education with w2's and showing my diploma was not enough I had to sign a paper for my school to release that info to them.

Emergency Dispatch Operator Interview

Knoxville, TN (US)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at ADT in June 2010.

Interview Details Bottom level employees have 2 interviews before an offer is made. An extensive background search is done. Employment and address information is needed for 10 years including exact dates.

Director Interview

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at ADT.

Interview Details Phone interview with HR, followed by additional phone with up line and counter parts in other divisions. In person with direct supervisor, other leadership at that location.They paid for the travel, picked me up at the airport this could not have been more accommodating. The process was phone, in-person and spending the day onsite at the corporate office.

Interview Question – Of all the issues within this particular vertical (government and healthcare) what do you see as the most perplexing?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – This was a simple compensation outline. Not a lot to negotiate as I knew after the in person of the salary range and the benefit package. Was able to negotiate the office location of my choice.

Outside Sales Representative Interview

Outside Sales Representative
Marietta, GA (US)

I applied online and the process took 6 days - interviewed at ADT.

Interview Details Very typical interview for an outside sales rep. position.

Interview Question – Details regarding alarm system functions.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Salary is offending.

Small Business Sales Representative Interview

Small Business Sales Representative
Burlington, VT (US)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at ADT in March 2014.

Interview Details Was contacted by a recruiter and set up an interview. Was given the job on the spot after havng a casual conversation.

Interview Question – Made me do a improvisational skit where the manager was the salesman and I was the customer.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

Interviews for Top Jobs at ADT

Worked for ADT? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at ADT interview questions and advice. All 138 interview reviews are posted anonymously by ADT employees and interview candidates.