ADP

Updated 21 Sep, 2014

3.2

39 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Outside Sales Representative Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at ADP.

Phone interview, in person with hiring manager, ride along and interview with two sales managers. Everything went well I walked out thinking I would get an offer after my ride along went well and hour long interview with two sales managers. Didn't get an offer.

Interview Questions
  • Explain the most difficult aspect you see yourself having to overcome with this job.   View Answer

Other Interview Reviews for ADP

Outside Sales Representative Interview

They first contacted me by phone and thats where we set up the phone interview. During the phone interview the woman I spoke to was very positive and gave me a set of guidelines to follow for the next interview. I then did an in person interview. They asked me to describe how the company works in my own way and then she asked me a series of questions about my self. The whole process took three days. The day after my in person interview I was contacted by email about another interview.

Outside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Chandler, AZ (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chandler, AZ (US)

I applied online - interviewed at ADP.

Phone interview then f2f..the guy interviewing me was rude and wasn't paying attention to my answers. I drove 40 min to get there just to have him sit down with me for 10 min.

Outside Sales Representative Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at ADP.

connected through Linkedin recruiter. initial call with HR. brought in for interview with VP. straight forward interview.... then contacted for interview with DM and for ride along... standard questions. ADP is a great company. very big. ideal if you are looking for sales training.

Outside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Fort Lauderdale, FL (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Lauderdale, FL (US)

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at ADP.

Interview process is pretty intense. Be prepared for several interviews. The recorded interview is awkward. The phone interview is pretty standard. I made it to the first in person interview and was put off by the demeanor of the managers and their interview tactics. The came off as rude. I felt relieved leaving the office after.

Outside Sales Representative Interview

I was contacted by there internal recruiter that found my resume online. I had one phone interview, one face to face, a ride along, and then had to do a 20 min sales presentation. Overall the process was straight forward and my recruiter was very helpful during the process too.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult part for me was the 20 minute presentation. The question were all standard interview question in my opinion.   Answer Question

Outside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Sarasota, FL (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sarasota, FL (US)

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at ADP in July 2014.

I applied for this position through their website. I was called by a lady a couple days later and she asked some basic questions like "what inspires you?" and "Why do you wanna work here?". She sent me an email with things that they might ask and you should definitely pay attention to those tips. She liked my responses so she told me there would be 2 more steps in the interview process but there were actually 3. When I arrived to the Tampa office I met the VP of Sales. He asked some basic questions but the most important one was "how much do you wanna make?". The west Florida area is one of the best regions in the nation so they want to hire the best people they can. They say the average person makes 55k-70k on their first year.But keep in mind that those are the people who survive their first year there. You need to be extremely confident in order to move on to the next step which was a ride along with one of their employees. This gives you a great idea of what you will be doing in this job. If you don't like working in a fast paced environment then this is not the job for you. After this I scheduled the last interview with one of their managers at the office you will be working at. He asked some of the same questions the VP of Sales asked and then there was role play. This is important because they want to know if you can sell to people. Keep in mind that for every step in this interview process I had to call each person twice a day to let them know that I really wanted this job. I thought it was unprofessional that I had to call them and ask if I got the job for them just to say that they were going to pass. They said they wanted someone with more B2B experience but this is an entry-level position so their excuse did not make any sense at all. If you are hungry for money and are willing to work really hard for it then this is the right job for you.

Outside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Melville, NY (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melville, NY (US)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at ADP in July 2014.

I posted online, and reached out to people in the company through linkedIn. The HR recruiter was extremely pleasant and took the time to explain the company, position as well as expectations for the interview process. After the phone Interview I met with the Regional VP who provided me with his vision for the program and market. He was professional and represented the company very well. I then interviewed with two Sales Managers one who had recently been promoted. The recently promoted Sales Manager asked great questions about my experience and took a general interest in my background and what I could bring to ADP. My final interview was a generic sales presentation about BRO (Business Resource Outsourcing). I received praise from both of the Sales Managers and the VP of Sales for my presentation skills and business acumen. I reached out to the HR Recruiter on the following Monday and was told that I was overqualified for the position. I agreed with their assessment, with 17 years of Management experience it would have been a taking a step back in my career.

Interview Questions
    • With all of your experience why do you want to take a step back in your career?   View Answer

Outside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  South San Francisco, CA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in South San Francisco, CA (US)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at ADP in July 2014.

1. Submitted resume through an employee referral, got an email asking to set up a phone interview.
    Phone interview was easy and brief- gauging interest in sales and asking questions about your resume.
    2. Passed phone interview and set up an interview with VP of sales
    Seems like a high pressure environment, but they call it "fun and competitive"
    3. Passed that and set up an interview with district manager
    4. Passed that and went for a ride along with an outside sales rep
    Did not follow up- chose a different job
    Make your own schedule and hours, but have to hit weekly quota

Outside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Lynwood Center, WA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lynwood Center, WA (US)

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at ADP.

Recruiter contacted me and I had an in person interview, my recruiter was very informative and helpful. I am still waiting to hear back about the follow up interview and possibility of a hire.

Interview Questions

Worked for ADP? Contribute to the Community!