ADP Outside Sales Representative Interview Questions

Updated 15 Apr, 2015

Outside Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at ADP.

Interview

Interview with recruiter - Interview with sales manager - Trial day - Interview with sales director.
This role was for outside sales to small businesses 1-49 employees.
Interviews were all relatively straight forward with no tough questions. The process took around 3 weeks however I declined the role. The knock on door approach may work for Avon Reps or Girl scouts, this is I.T solution sales

Interview Questions

Compensation on offer is way below industry average and there is no territory. i.e knock on doors to make sales. This is IT solutions sales not avon rep. However this appears to be the approach taken

Other Interview Reviews for ADP

Outside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at ADP (Denver, CO (US)) in April 2015.

Interview

Applied online, then was called for a 20 minute phone interview where I was asked why I would be good for sales, why ADP, etc. Then I was called in to the office for a 30-40 minute interview where we spoke in depth about my background/skills and why I think I would be a good fit.

Interview Questions

• What was a time where you won an award or obtained an accomplishment that you were proud of?   Answer Question

Outside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at ADP (Chicago, IL (US)) in April 2015.

Interview

Interview Process was very straight forward. I had an initial phone discussion with recruiter, then came into the office for an interview with hiring manager, then was provided a job offer.

They asked to provide specific scenarios in which case you would be a good fit for the role and managing yourself while out of the office.

Outside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at ADP (Kansas City, MO (US)) in April 2015.

Interview

I just had a phone interview with ADP and their recruiting director could not have been more informative. He informed me every aspect of what my job title would entail and what the compensation would be. They definitely want to know your skills in sales in order to help their recruiting process. I look forward to hearing from them soon!

Outside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hollywood, FL (US)

Application

I applied online – interviewed at ADP (Hollywood, FL (US)) in April 2015.

Interview

The initial phone interview was brief and concise. Talked about the company and asked me a few questions about my work experience and how I heard about the company. I thought the phone call was a little to brief, only 15 minutes, in my experience it is hard to fully determine someone in that short amount of time.

Interview Questions

• Why did I apply to ADP.
      Do I know what I would be doing in this role.
      Three words to describe myself.

Answer Question

Outside Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at ADP.

Interview

Was contacted by HR and had a wonderful phone interview. Set up the next face-to-face interview and also had a wonderful experience. They offered my a position contingent on passing a background check (employment screening through a third party) and a drug test.

Interview Questions

• What questions do you have for ADP?   1 Answer

Outside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Warwick, RI (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at ADP (Warwick, RI (US)) in March 2015.

Interview

It seems like a great company. However, they are very disorganized for being global, and misleading. After three rounds of interviews (two of which were very strange). They advertise their 6 week sales program. I was never given definitive times of a follow up, there is a major gap in HR, and in turn they ended up not offering me the position due to "lack of sales experience". I have been in sales my entire life and was a Marketing Director. As a company, why waste my time and yours.

In a positive light, it seems like a great environment and place for growth. However, being a sales representative; if internal HR never accommodates the customer or prominently responds to issues. You will never meet forecasted goals. It will also give you a bad reputation as a sales person.

Their high technology systems is great, and everyone was more than friendly. Just be prepared for an interesting interview experience.

Interview Questions

• What are you going to do when you leave here, and what is written on your legal pad?   1 Answer

Outside Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at ADP in March 2015.

Interview

10 minute phone call from a recruiter, straight forward. Then an in person with the VP of Sales before the field ride and final interview. Overall pretty straight forward process.

Outside Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at ADP.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter. She was wonderful, very easy to talk to and communicate with. I got the feeling that she was just trying to see if I could communicate well over the phone. It was really strait forward. I thought it was very easy if you have a good phone presence.

The next step was a phone interview with the sales manager in the area I was applying for. It was also straight forward. Super simple if you are a good communicator.

The recruiter then called me and told me that they wanted to move forward. I went out with a salesman who was on the role I was applying for. It was a great experience. I got to see what it was really like and I thoroughly enjoyed talking and seeing this salesman make a solid sale. He was very open and honest with me about the position and after going to lunch with the manager and the salesman I went back to the office for a short simple interview with the manager. He basically just wanted to know my motivation and what makes me tick as a person. We talked about the sales process and 45 min later I was on my way home.

The recruiter then contacted me again and said that they wanted to move forward. I had a phone interview with the VP of sales in the greater area. That person was nice and easy to talk to. It was a quick 15 min interview. The next day they contacted me and let me know they wanted to offer me a job! I was excited and I start very soon.

Super straight forward process and they were all great to deal with. I am looking forward to working with them.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation. Fair and low base salary, but commission scale is great.

Outside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Orange, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at ADP (Orange, CA (US)).

Interview

The interview process was very lengthy, I had 4 interviews including a ride along before I even sat down with the hiring manager. Upon the last interview when meeting the hiring manager, he seemed disinterested before I even had a chance to discuss the position with him. After going on the ride along, I realized that although there are great incentives and it does seem like a good company, it's all a numbers game and if you're not cut throat and willing to knock down the coworker next to you, it's probably not the right company/position for you.