ADP

570 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Human Resources Intern Interview

Etobicoke, ON

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at ADP in March 2014.

Interview Details Applied through University Co-op office, was invited for an in person interview with 2 individuals from ADP's Compensation and Benefits area. The interview took approximately 30 minutes and was very conversational.

Interview Question – Asked my level of skill utilizing Microsoft Excel   View Answer

Consultant Interview

Consultant
Montreal, QC

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 days - interviewed at ADP in November 2011.

Interview Details Most of the recruiting is outsourced to Wilson HCG and then they set you up with the recruiting manager.

Interview Question – Why should we hire you ?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Simple.

Business Analyst Interview

Business Analyst
Mississauga, ON

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at ADP in August 2013.

Interview Details Had interview with BA manager one day, they had me back for a second interview with various other team members the next day. I have had all kinds of interviews at various orgs over the years, and it is rare that I cannot 'get along' with someone. Here, I got the impression that it was a very political workplace, since the manager and the panel stressed that repeatedly. These interviews were not a friendly or inviting experience. Seemed rather dismissive of my experience. Also, the panel folks came across like they were not a happy bunch. I would not have accepted the position if it were offered.

Interview Questions

• How do you go about learning about a company's products and industry if there is little to no documentation, or training, or people to ask?   Answer Question
  • How do you get information from difficult (i.e.: hostile) people?   Answer Question
  • What are your areas needing improvement?   Answer Question

District Manager Interview

District Manager
Mississauga, ON

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at ADP in June 2011.

Interview Details Discussion and focus on previous sales experience.
How to manage your week, and hit metrics and targets.

Interview Question – Personal note.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Fair

Customer Services Representative Interview

Customer Services Representative
Dartmouth, NS

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at ADP in April 2011.

Interview Details I was interviewed by the HR rep and the team leader in my prospective department. There were a series of situational and behavioural questions. Once that interview was complete I met with the Vice President of Client services. It was more of a friendly conversation for her to get to know me. I received a call with my offer later that day. I began working two weeks later.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – The offer was firm for an entry level position. There isn't much room for negotiation for this position.

Systems Dwcwloper Interview

Toronto, ON

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at ADP in April 2010.

Interview Details tele interview, in person interview, final interview

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – no, they said they can not

CRM Interview

I applied online and the process took 4 days - interviewed at ADP in December 2011.

Interview Details Can't really comment. Since joining ADP haven't applied for roles with the exception of this one and it is at the beginning stages of the process

Sales Interview

Sales
Toronto, ON

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at ADP in February 2011.

Interview Details Started off with HR agent calling and doing phone interview, then once cleared was called in for first interview with one of the exec's, after passing that met with a few senior managers which went pretty descent. After a few more days got a call from the HR rep calling me in to do a mock sales presentation. It was not until after that the offer was given.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – No room for negotiations but accepted as there was not much of a difference in the salaries.

District Manager- Eastern Ontario Interview

Toronto, ON

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 months - interviewed at ADP in November 2007.

Interview Details The process consisted of 6 interviews:
1. Phone
2. 1:1 and Panel Interview- Sales Management
3. Field Day- Job Shadowing
4. Panel Interview- Sales/Training Management
5. Sales Team Field Day
6. Senior Management 1:1

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – Very comfortable 1:1 process. Negotiated more vacation, Increase in base salary

Small Business Services Sales Representative Interview

Portland, OR (US)

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at ADP in February 2014.

Interview Details Applied through ADP website. Received an email from a recruiter the next day. Scheduled a phone interview with her. Was told to do a "Video Interview" first through a link she would send me.

The video interview was basically me in front of me webcam on my computer, answering questions as I was prompted. You're given 30 seconds to prepare and 2 or 3 minutes to answer each question while your webcam records you. There were 8 questions. Some included "Why do you want to work for ADP?" "Biggest career achievement?" "Time when you faced adversity?" "Brag about yourself." Etc. The phone interview with the recruiter a day later consisted of basically the same questions. She also gave me a little more info about the job. Scheduled me for an interview the next week with the VP of Sales and sent me an email explaining how to prepare. (Ask for the job at the end of the interview, bring copies of your resume, write down 3-5 questions to ask.)

Interview with the VP was more in-depth. Asked me more about my background, what I was looking for in a job, in a career, why ADP, what do I think would make me cut out for the job. This interview wasn't a "structured" interview. She had a few canned questions but it was mostly just a naturally flowing conversation. After asking for the job she said she would pass me on to the next stage which would be interviewing with the sales managers below her, who would be my direct supervisors.

The interview with them (there were 2 managers) was very similar to the interview with the VP. They had maybe one new canned question (Would you prefer Account Executive, taking care of and growing existing accounts, or would you prefer new account sales?), but everything else was pretty much a natural flow to the conversation. As the interview concluded they asked "Anything else?" Which I believe was the prompt for me to ask for the job/"close the sale." I feel I did this poorly and that was the main reason I was not extended an offer. They said I would hear back from them within a week, as they needed to compare notes with the VP. I followed up with them a week later, and then got a form letter email 3 days later saying they were "pursuing other candidates."

Interview Question – Would you prefer Account Executive, taking care of and growing existing accounts, or would you prefer new account sales?

Anything else?
  View Answer

Interviews for Top Jobs at ADP

Worked for ADP? Contribute to the Community!

ADP Videos

ADP – Why Work for Us?

Automatic Data Processing, Inc. (Nasdaq: ADP), with about $11 billion in revenues and about 620,000 clients, is one of the world's largest providers of business outsourcing solutions. Leveraging over 60 years of… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at ADP interview questions and advice. All 570 interview reviews are posted anonymously by ADP employees and interview candidates.