ABB Interview Questions

Updated 21 Apr, 2015

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at ABB.

Interview

Straight forward, questions about PMBOK and ABB PM Framework.
    1) What is the framework?
    2) what is the most important in a project?
    3) How would you, solve this.. that...
    4) How you handle this and that in the past?
    5) Quetions, questions, questions... to survey your knowledge.

Interview Questions

• What are the most important aspects of a project, only PMBOK is not enough, we need to think about SAFETY which is very, very important to ABB.   Answer Question

Negotiation

If was quick, 1 month.

Engineering Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at ABB.

Interview

Applied through a posting on school's website. Contacted later via phone for on-site interview.

Systems Group Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Montreal, QC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at ABB (Montreal, QC) in January 2011.

Interview

Knowledge of the position through networking with past colleagues which has led to identify the said position. Formal letter sent to the upper management at local level. A lot of emails part of the exchange over following 3 weeks which has led to a formal phone interview to be scheduled. Interview has taken place on scheduled date. Decision reach within 2 weeks to select best candidate.

Graduate Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at ABB.

Interview

First round of assessment includes a group discussion followed by a group presentation. Each group has around 6-7 people and the group discussion lasts 20 minutes while the presentation lasts 5 minute. Successful candidates proceed on to an individual presentation. You were given 15 minutes to prepare and have to present to a group of assessors, similar to a sales pitch.

AREA SALES MANAGER Interview

Anonymous Employee in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at ABB (Singapore (Singapore)) in April 2015.

Interview

Arrangement and Presence the local Division Manager, Local Business Unit Manager and HRBP, deem as how focus and importance f the role. In order to optimise the interview process, all application document are submit before interview and a profile test was also conducted online.

Interview Questions

• Quote a past successful experience / event you have undertaken   Answer Question

R&D Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at ABB.

Interview

I applied online. After one week from my submission, I received a call from ABB HR and they fixed a phone interview for two days later. Then, they called me right at the fixed time and the guy asked me lots of technical questions. However, unfortunately the phone signal was weak such that I heard him with difficulty and also our conversation was terminated several times. I think these affected my interview and did not let me represent myself and my capabilities.

Interview Questions

• Lots of technical questions were asked. One of them was about wavelet application in power systems and the difference between wavelet and Fourier transforms.   Answer Question

Working Student Interview

Application

I applied through other source – interviewed at ABB.

Interview

I had an interview with a manager and VP. The questions were very straightforward on CV, about previous experience in analytics. Then some questions were regarding ABB, what its values, major business and etc. Overall, very good treatment from the beginning.

Interview Questions

• Why I have applied this position   1 Answer

Configuration Specialist/Junior Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kraków (Poland)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at ABB (Kraków (Poland)) in March 2015.

Interview

After applying to ABB, 3 days later I was called by a recruiter and invited for an interview. I was interviewed by two people one of them was the project leader and the second one was the actual project Configuration Specialist. They first told me what would my responsibilities be like and then asked me a few questions.

Interview Questions

• There were no technical questions like writing code or algorythms. I was questioned about my availability and a few things that I stated in my CV - specifically previous experience and knowledge of Git and bash.   Answer Question

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at ABB.

Interview

I was invited to an on campus interview. The Interviewer was very nice and easy going. Most of the interview he just told me about the company (which I had already researched beforehand) and talked about his career at ABB. He asked me a few questions about my resume--nothing to serious--and I left thinking it had gone really well. About a week later they told me they were going a different direction. I never really understand what they were looking for, because they contacted me about applying like they were interested in me, but then it never went anywhere. I guess that's just how it goes sometimes.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself. Tell me about xyz on your resume.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online – interviewed at ABB.

Interview

This is my first job interview ever and it turned out to be a nightmare. There were 2 people from the HR dep. sitting there and attacked me with all there questions. There was no smiling, no friendly gesture. The man may be from the higher hierarchy stayed still with his dangerous face under his glasses and his crossed arm. The woman I think just be there for me to fell that I was not alone with that fearful guy. That was a year ago so I don't remember exactly how the process was but I will never forget how they make me fell.

Interview Questions

• You suppose to get all the question with the most stressful way.   Answer Question