Yellow Transportation
myyellow.com Overland Park, KS 5000+ Employees

Yellow Transportation Account Executive Interview Question

"A situation occurs like this: A customer has unfortunately been missed on pick ups 2 days in a row. The customer is very upset and threatens to stop doing business with you.......HOW would you handle this situation and is there any corrective action you would take"
Add Tags [?]
Answer Flag Question

Part of a Account Executive Interview Review - one of 2 Yellow Transportation Interview Reviews

Answers & Comments

of 0
votes
First, contact the customer and get full understanding from them of issues. 2nd) Get with operations and understand the circumstances for the missed pick ups - closed early, driver held up at previous stops, etc. 3rd) Speak further with city dispatch to understand how the customer will be serviced moving forward...that is if you can keep them on board. 4th) Develop an SOP and have everyone agree to its terms to keep this customer satisfied. 5th) Provide feedback to the customer regarding the SOP and how pick ups will be handled moving forward. 6th) If it were my account I would monitor for the next 5 business days any pick up needs and communicate between custmomer and city dispatch to "baby sit" this issue and ensure the SOP is being executed as agreed to.....continue to improve process as you move forward.
- Interview Candidate on Aug 08, 2012 Flag Response
of 0
votes
First of all I would listen to all his complaints patiently to calm him down. After that I will apologize that customer for the inconvenience held on behalf of our company. I will try to conveyance him to use our services at discounted rates or for free for next 2 days, as the situation demands, to change his mind about using our services in near future.

Secondly, I'll go to the problem's depth to find out person accountable for this & will take some strict/ corrective action against him. In case there will be any technical or other issue, I'll report the same to my seniors & will work on it until it gets resolved.
- Manjari Bhatt on Aug 14, 2012 Flag Response

To comment on this question, Sign In with Facebook or Sign Up

Tags are like keywords, helping to categorise interview questions that have something in common.

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Yellow Transportation interview questions and advice. All interview reviews are posted anonymously by Yellow Transportation employees and interview candidates.