Aéropostale Sales Associate Interview Questions

Updated 29 Sep, 2014

1.9

98 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Sales Associate Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Aéropostale.

I was referred by a friend, got an interview and was hired on the spot. Very basic questions with a very nice and easy-going manager. Orientation followed a week after.

Other Interview Reviews for Aéropostale

Anonymous Interview Candidate in St. Catharines, ON
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in St. Catharines, ON

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Aéropostale in October 2013.

I was greeted by my friendly manager and we had a seat at a coffee shop within the mall. She asked me about myself, making me feel more comfortable by telling me about herself as well. One of the questions I got asked was "What does integrity mean to you". It was a great experience.

Sales Associate Interview

I walked into the store, asked the manager if they were hiring. She asked me some simple questions including why I was interested and what experience do I have. After, she put me on the spot to fold clothes and inform customers entering the store of their recent promotion. That was my only interview, I got the job. She was nice :)

Interview Questions
    • Telling me to talk to customers and fold clothing during my walk in...   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edmonton, AB
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edmonton, AB

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Aéropostale in October 2012.

Applied to an ad on Kijiji. Got a call the next day from the manager and was told to come in for an interview and bring 2 references. The interview lasted about 20 mins (maybe less). She asked super easy questions and was really friendly. Told me she'd call my references and get back to me by the end of the day if everything went well. Ended up calling in about 20 minutes to offer me the job.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Aéropostale in August 2012.

Employer was extremely easy going and kind. We spent the first 10 minutes of the interview talking about school, our majors, personal life, etc. Fairly general questions (why should I hire you, what can you bring to the company, etc.) I think employer anticipated a group interview (there were two time slots) but only I showed up to the other one, so I got a 1:1 interview. Got hired on the spot!

Interview Questions
    • "Who would you choose to be the spokesmodel for Aero?"   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mississauga, ON
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mississauga, ON

I applied in-person. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Aéropostale in November 2010.

I had a group interview with about 8 people.
    Answered questions by seat arrangement
    Fun and entertaining

Interview Questions
    • Questions about your self and employee related questions,

Random questions such as: fav ice cream, superhero
        Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Langley, BC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Langley, BC

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Aéropostale in August 2010.

1 interview. Casual. To the point , about 20 minutes. Was told to wear jeans and dress like you already worked there. Discussed my resume and previous employers.

Did not negotiate
    Didn't know what I made until first pay day, a little awkward not knowing

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Aéropostale in July 2010.

I went in to the store because my friend told me that Aero was hiring. I asked for the hiring manager and there were two in. I handed in my resume and spoke with the female managerl, she asked me the usual interview questions and I answered well. At the end of the 5 or so questions, she was like, "Okay, interview over! You're hired!" "Really?" "Yup! That's my form of interview!" I'll call you back at the end of this week and we can go through a training and all. Really sweet lady.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Duluth, GA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Duluth, GA (US)

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Aéropostale.

asked for an application filled it out and got a call within a week. scheduled a group interview. me and 3 other girls were being interviewed. Was asked to sell by outfit to them and asked to put an outfit together from the store.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at Aéropostale.

It was a group interview with about 7 other people, everyone was high school aged. They asked 1 question and each person had to go around in a circle and answer the question. So if you're the last person, someone could easily say the answer you were planning on saying. It was pretty easy going, I think they were just trying to scope out if you could get along well with other people and that you have a good personality.