Aéropostale

Average Difficulty
93 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Sales Associate

I applied through an employee referral and interviewed at Aéropostale.

Interview Details I was referred by a friend, got an interview and was hired on the spot. Very basic questions with a very nice and easy-going manager. Orientation followed a week after.

Interview Question – Pick someone to represent Aeropostale and why   Answer Question

St. Catharines, ON

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Aéropostale in October 2013.

Interview Details I was greeted by my friendly manager and we had a seat at a coffee shop within the mall. She asked me about myself, making me feel more comfortable by telling me about herself as well. One of the questions I got asked was "What does integrity mean to you". It was a great experience.

Interview Question – What does integrity mean to you.   View Answer

Langley, BC

I applied in-person and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Aéropostale in August 2010.

Interview Details 1 interview. Casual. To the point , about 20 minutes. Was told to wear jeans and dress like you already worked there. Discussed my resume and previous employers.

Interview Question – Name something you struggle with   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Did not negotiate
Didn't know what I made until first pay day, a little awkward not knowing

Mississauga, ON

I applied in-person and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Aéropostale in November 2010.

Interview Details I had a group interview with about 8 people.
Answered questions by seat arrangement
Fun and entertaining

Interview Question – Questions about your self and employee related questions,

Random questions such as: fav ice cream, superhero
  Answer Question

Interviewed at Aéropostale

Interview Details I walked into the store, asked the manager if they were hiring. She asked me some simple questions including why I was interested and what experience do I have. After, she put me on the spot to fold clothes and inform customers entering the store of their recent promotion. That was my only interview, I got the job. She was nice :)

Interview Question – Telling me to talk to customers and fold clothing during my walk in...   Answer Question

Edmonton, AB

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Aéropostale in October 2012.

Interview Details Applied to an ad on Kijiji. Got a call the next day from the manager and was told to come in for an interview and bring 2 references. The interview lasted about 20 mins (maybe less). She asked super easy questions and was really friendly. Told me she'd call my references and get back to me by the end of the day if everything went well. Ended up calling in about 20 minutes to offer me the job.

Interview Question – What did you not like about your last job?   Answer Question

Toronto, ON

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Aéropostale in August 2012.

Interview Details Employer was extremely easy going and kind. We spent the first 10 minutes of the interview talking about school, our majors, personal life, etc. Fairly general questions (why should I hire you, what can you bring to the company, etc.) I think employer anticipated a group interview (there were two time slots) but only I showed up to the other one, so I got a 1:1 interview. Got hired on the spot!

Interview Question – "Who would you choose to be the spokesmodel for Aero?"   Answer Question

Toronto, ON

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Aéropostale in July 2010.

Interview Details I went in to the store because my friend told me that Aero was hiring. I asked for the hiring manager and there were two in. I handed in my resume and spoke with the female managerl, she asked me the usual interview questions and I answered well. At the end of the 5 or so questions, she was like, "Okay, interview over! You're hired!" "Really?" "Yup! That's my form of interview!" I'll call you back at the end of this week and we can go through a training and all. Really sweet lady.

Interview Question – Describe yourself in one word?   Answer Question

Sales Associate

I applied in-person and the process took 6 months - interviewed at Aéropostale in October 2012.

Interview Details The process took 6 months as I applied for the summer but got hired for the winter. Got a phone call to come in for a group interview in the stock room. Four of us stood around with the manager. She asked easy questions about ourselves and anyone could jump in and answer. Then we were asked to go to the sales floor, pick an outfit and explain why you chose it. At the end the manager asked if we had any questions for her.

Interview Question – What does integrity mean to you?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Be prepared with thoughtful answers and don't be shy; speak up first and show confidence and leadership. Smile, pay extra attention and be prepared to ask questions at the end. Stick around last, shake hands and thank the interviewer.

Sales Associate

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Aéropostale in June 2014.

Interview Details I went into the store (dressed business casual) and asked one of the assistant managers for a job application. I filled it out outside of the store and when I came back to give it to her, she asked me a couple questions about my style, what I think of Aeropostale, ect. She scheduled me for a group interview the following week. During the interview, I was with four other girls, the store manager asked us about our values, our previous customer service experiences, and what we would do in certain situations. Then we went back to the store and the manager tested us all on putting together an outfit, as well as interacting with customers in the store. I was called later that night and offered a position.

Interview Question – What does "compassion, integrity, respect, and teamwork" mean to you?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation, especially if you have minimal experience and/or have applied for a starter position. Take it or leave it.

Worked for Aéropostale? Contribute to the Community!