Aéropostale

Getting the Interview

83 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

St. Catharines, ON

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Aéropostale in October 2013.

Interview Details I was greeted by my friendly manager and we had a seat at a coffee shop within the mall. She asked me about myself, making me feel more comfortable by telling me about herself as well. One of the questions I got asked was "What does integrity mean to you". It was a great experience.

Interview Question – What does integrity mean to you.   View Answer

Langley, BC

I applied in-person and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Aéropostale in August 2010.

Interview Details 1 interview. Casual. To the point , about 20 minutes. Was told to wear jeans and dress like you already worked there. Discussed my resume and previous employers.

Interview Question – Name something you struggle with   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Did not negotiate
Didn't know what I made until first pay day, a little awkward not knowing

Mississauga, ON

I applied in-person and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Aéropostale in November 2010.

Interview Details I had a group interview with about 8 people.
Answered questions by seat arrangement
Fun and entertaining

Interview Question – Questions about your self and employee related questions,

Random questions such as: fav ice cream, superhero
  Answer Question

Interviewed at Aéropostale

Interview Details I walked into the store, asked the manager if they were hiring. She asked me some simple questions including why I was interested and what experience do I have. After, she put me on the spot to fold clothes and inform customers entering the store of their recent promotion. That was my only interview, I got the job. She was nice :)

Interview Question – Telling me to talk to customers and fold clothing during my walk in...   Answer Question

Edmonton, AB

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Aéropostale in October 2012.

Interview Details Applied to an ad on Kijiji. Got a call the next day from the manager and was told to come in for an interview and bring 2 references. The interview lasted about 20 mins (maybe less). She asked super easy questions and was really friendly. Told me she'd call my references and get back to me by the end of the day if everything went well. Ended up calling in about 20 minutes to offer me the job.

Interview Question – What did you not like about your last job?   Answer Question

Toronto, ON

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Aéropostale in August 2012.

Interview Details Employer was extremely easy going and kind. We spent the first 10 minutes of the interview talking about school, our majors, personal life, etc. Fairly general questions (why should I hire you, what can you bring to the company, etc.) I think employer anticipated a group interview (there were two time slots) but only I showed up to the other one, so I got a 1:1 interview. Got hired on the spot!

Interview Question – "Who would you choose to be the spokesmodel for Aero?"   Answer Question

Toronto, ON

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Aéropostale in July 2010.

Interview Details I went in to the store because my friend told me that Aero was hiring. I asked for the hiring manager and there were two in. I handed in my resume and spoke with the female managerl, she asked me the usual interview questions and I answered well. At the end of the 5 or so questions, she was like, "Okay, interview over! You're hired!" "Really?" "Yup! That's my form of interview!" I'll call you back at the end of this week and we can go through a training and all. Really sweet lady.

Interview Question – Describe yourself in one word?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Aéropostale.

Interview Details the initial interview is done as a group with other people for the same position

Interview Question – If you could change one thing about your last supervisor what would it be?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Aéropostale.

Interview Details I walked into the store and asked for an application and the girl told me to wait a second and the manager came out and offered me an interview on the spot. Group interview , there were like 10 people because they were opening a new store and there were 3 managers and they just asked questions and it you answered most of them you were hired . It was very easy just questions like if a mom and daughter came into the store and they disagreed on something and asked for your help what would yu do? And how would you greet a customer walking into the store?

Interview Question – Pick a tv show that you like the fashion in and explain why?   View Answer

Irvine, CA (US)

I applied in-person and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Aéropostale in March 2014.

Interview Details I applied in person, and they set up a group interview for the next day. It was pretty relaxed, there were two other people there. The interviewer asked about five questions then took us back to the store. At the store, we had to create two outfits, one for girls and one for guys. We were also asked to replenish a section, which means like folding clothes and making it look presentable.

Interview Question – What does respect mean to you?   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Aéropostale

Worked for Aéropostale? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Aéropostale Sales Associate interview questions and advice. All 83 interview reviews posted anonymously by Aéropostale employees and interview candidates.