Aéropostale Sales Associate Interview Questions

Updated Sep 6, 2014

1.9

97 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Sales Associate Interview

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at Aéropostale.

I was referred by a friend, got an interview and was hired on the spot. Very basic questions with a very nice and easy-going manager. Orientation followed a week after.

Other Interview Reviews for Aéropostale

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  St. Catharines, ON
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in St. Catharines, ON

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Aéropostale in October 2013.

I was greeted by my friendly manager and we had a seat at a coffee shop within the mall. She asked me about myself, making me feel more comfortable by telling me about herself as well. One of the questions I got asked was "What does integrity mean to you". It was a great experience.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Langley, BC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Langley, BC

I applied in-person. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Aéropostale in August 2010.

1 interview. Casual. To the point , about 20 minutes. Was told to wear jeans and dress like you already worked there. Discussed my resume and previous employers.

Did not negotiate
    Didn't know what I made until first pay day, a little awkward not knowing

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Mississauga, ON
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mississauga, ON

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Aéropostale in November 2010.

I had a group interview with about 8 people.
    Answered questions by seat arrangement
    Fun and entertaining

Interview Questions
    • Questions about your self and employee related questions,

Random questions such as: fav ice cream, superhero
        Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

I walked into the store, asked the manager if they were hiring. She asked me some simple questions including why I was interested and what experience do I have. After, she put me on the spot to fold clothes and inform customers entering the store of their recent promotion. That was my only interview, I got the job. She was nice :)

Interview Questions
    • Telling me to talk to customers and fold clothing during my walk in...   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Edmonton, AB
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edmonton, AB

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Aéropostale in October 2012.

Applied to an ad on Kijiji. Got a call the next day from the manager and was told to come in for an interview and bring 2 references. The interview lasted about 20 mins (maybe less). She asked super easy questions and was really friendly. Told me she'd call my references and get back to me by the end of the day if everything went well. Ended up calling in about 20 minutes to offer me the job.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Toronto, ON
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Aéropostale in August 2012.

Employer was extremely easy going and kind. We spent the first 10 minutes of the interview talking about school, our majors, personal life, etc. Fairly general questions (why should I hire you, what can you bring to the company, etc.) I think employer anticipated a group interview (there were two time slots) but only I showed up to the other one, so I got a 1:1 interview. Got hired on the spot!

Interview Questions
    • "Who would you choose to be the spokesmodel for Aero?"   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Toronto, ON
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON

I applied in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at Aéropostale in July 2010.

I went in to the store because my friend told me that Aero was hiring. I asked for the hiring manager and there were two in. I handed in my resume and spoke with the female managerl, she asked me the usual interview questions and I answered well. At the end of the 5 or so questions, she was like, "Okay, interview over! You're hired!" "Really?" "Yup! That's my form of interview!" I'll call you back at the end of this week and we can go through a training and all. Really sweet lady.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Niles, OH (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Niles, OH (US)

I applied in-person. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Aéropostale in June 2014.

The hiring and interview process at Aeropostale was very simple and easy. I applied in store and then 3 days later was asked to come in and go through the interview process. I was told to wear something I thought Represented Aeropostale. The interview was with 6 additional people so it was a little strange but it worked out in the end because I was the most enthusiastic and answered all of the questions. I was then contacted 2 days latter with the Job. I would describe working for aeropostale as Fun, energetic, and all together a great atmosphere to work in .

Interview Questions
    • If you were a season what season would you be and why?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at Aéropostale in June 2013.

This is a pretty laid-back, casual interview. Don't even sweat it. Just wear what you would consider trendy and stylish at the time (jeans and such are ok). What they did with me is they had my interview with a group of people. They would go around and have us introduce ourselves and ask us questions about our styles and what we think current trends are and such. Every question was pretty much about clothes and there was also one question on why we wanted to work there. Then they also had us create outfits for the opposite gender based off what we could find in the store. For example, if you were a boy, you would create an outfit for a girl and vice versa. If they think your outfit is stylish, then you're good. I've never really seen anyone not get hired once they reached the interview stage at Aero, so you really have nothing to worry about unless you say something ridiculous when you answer the questions or can't match clothing colors.

Interview Questions
    • There really won't be any ridiculously difficult questions.   Answer Question

Worked for Aéropostale? Contribute to the Community!