Aéropostale Interview Questions

Updated 7 Oct, 2014
Updated 7 Oct, 2014

2.1

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Aéropostale.

went in person

Interview Questions
    • what's the one thing you would take with you in the case of a fire?   Answer Question

Store Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Aéropostale.

Employee had refereed me to her DM. DM had called and we spoke briefly. She had me meet her and her boss at a near by Starbucks. The boss asked most of the questions. They were dressed very casual. I was way too overdressed.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA (US)

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Aéropostale in March 2014.

I applied in person, and they set up a group interview for the next day. It was pretty relaxed, there were two other people there. The interviewer asked about five questions then took us back to the store. At the store, we had to create two outfits, one for girls and one for guys. We were also asked to replenish a section, which means like folding clothes and making it look presentable.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Aéropostale.

It was a group interview, which I was very surprised about. But overall it was a relaxed interview. They did take a while to actually bring me up to the interviewing area, like they had forgotten about me. Hiring was pretty straight forward and they give you good training once you were hired.

Interview Questions
    • I wasn't prepared to answer which celebrity I think was the Aéropostale style. But now I think I wouldn't have a problem with it.   Answer Question
    I

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA (US)

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Aéropostale in February 2014.

Easy, really. I brought in my application and the manager gave me a little interview on the spot then hired me on the spot! She was really nice and she made it really chill and easy for me to talk to her. The questions were super easy, something you probably would hear at all retail stores you get interviewed for.

Interview Questions
    • Honestly, there was no difficult or unexpected questions. Every typical question you get asked at retail stores like how to help customers, how to greet, etc.   Answer Question

Assistant Store Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Aéropostale.

I was literally hired the day of my interview and rushed into training. The interviewing DM asked questions for about 10 minutes and then said something to effect of "Well, we need someone ASAP and you're it." That should have been a warning signal.

Interview Questions
    • The questions were incredibly easy, and most were directed towards when I could start and what my salary requirements were versus my actual abilities and experience.   Answer Question

Assistant Merchandiser Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Aéropostale.

The interview was relatively easy more of a conversation than an interview and I received an offer the next day

Role Model Interview

The interview process takes place in a group interview. The group can range from as little as 2 to 6 people. My interview group had about 5 people. Being in a group definitely takes the nerves away, but you do have to work harder to stand out in the group.
    Before the interview, you must fill out some paper work so it helps to show up at least 15 minutes early. Next, everyone in the group introduces themselves and some brief questions are asked by the manager. It helps to always be the first one to answer. The interview got a lot more exciting as you actually get tested on different tasks you'd have to take part in if hired as a Role Model- fold clothes, help at the fitting rooms, and build outfits.
    Overall, as long as you dress the part, are very enthusiastic, and try your best at the tasks at hand, the job will be yours.

Sales Associate Interview

Group interview... got a call a week later to attend orientation

Interview Questions
    • Fun fact about yourself... prepare something unique and interesting   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilkes-Barre, PA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilkes-Barre, PA (US)

I applied in-person. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Aéropostale in November 2013.

I applied through walk in because I saw the job offer on my mall's website. Manager called me after few days and asked me if I wanna come to group interview - I said "yes" of course. We had interview with the stockroom manager and assistant manager. Each of them had their own questions. Ex. Tell us a little bit about yourself - don't underestimate this question! It's the first question and most important - you can just google this and do some reading about it. i spend 1,5h for this interview and got questions like what encourage you to develop your personal style, question about the biggest challenge you met and what did you do with it, how would you greet customer going in to the store etc

Interview Questions
    • Which of both is more efficient with additional sale - fitting room situation or helping customer on the sales floor and why?   View Answer
    There was no negotiation.