Aéropostale

Average Difficulty
160 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Irvine, CA (US)

I applied in-person and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Aéropostale in March 2014.

Interview Details I applied in person, and they set up a group interview for the next day. It was pretty relaxed, there were two other people there. The interviewer asked about five questions then took us back to the store. At the store, we had to create two outfits, one for girls and one for guys. We were also asked to replenish a section, which means like folding clothes and making it look presentable.

Interview Question – What does respect mean to you?   Answer Question

Sales Associate

I applied in-person and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Aéropostale.

Interview Details went in person

Interview Question – what's the one thing you would take with you in the case of a fire?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no

Store Manager Interview

Store Manager

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Aéropostale.

Interview Details Employee had refereed me to her DM. DM had called and we spoke briefly. She had me meet her and her boss at a near by Starbucks. The boss asked most of the questions. They were dressed very casual. I was way too overdressed.

Interview Question – Nothing too difficult or unexpected.   Answer Question

Associate Merchandise Planner Interview

Associate Merchandise Planner

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Aéropostale in August 2012.

Interview Details Initial phone interview with HR was very casual just to gather basic information, screening candidates to see if their current experience qualifies them for the position they are applying for, what type of salary they expect, and why they want to leave their current company.
In person interview was very easy going, typical questions to discuss job functions and assess planning skills. Ex: "How would you plan a selldown, what metrics do you look at to evaluate performance?"

Interview Question – where do you see yourself in 5 years   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Phone call from director with the offer. Any negotiations went through HR

Very Easy Interview

Merch Flow Interview

Merch Flow

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Aéropostale in September 2012.

Interview Details I walked in and ask for an application. I filled out and turned it back in within a few minutes. I was called back a few days after for a group interview. So easy! All you do is fill out paperwork and watch videos

Interview Question – An unexpected question was when was the last time I got in trouble and why.   Answer Question

Store Manager Interview

Store Manager

I applied in-person and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Aéropostale in February 2010.

Interview Details Talk about training and development. Making money!

Interview Question – Talk about opportunity within yourself   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – gave me what i wanted

Saint Augustine, FL (US)

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Aéropostale in December 2010.

Interview Details I walked in looking like a ninja- dressed in all black - completely fed up with my hostess job across the street. I asked for an application and was asked to complete it right then and there, so I did. I made small talk with the manager and ended up having an on-the-spot interview even though I smelled like Chinese food. I was asked to come in for a scheduling meeting and that was that!

Interview Question – There weren't any. Everything was very straightforward. I had prior customer service experience, so I was pretty much "in".   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Houston, TX (US)

I applied in-person and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Aéropostale in July 2012.

Interview Details The interview was very straightforward. It was a group interview, and the managers asked very simple questions about what we would do in certain situations or our previous experience working as part of a team, and we would go around the circle answering the questions. I wasn't told it was a group interview before hand, but it wasn't difficult.

Sales Associate

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Aéropostale.

Interview Details It was a group interview, which I was very surprised about. But overall it was a relaxed interview. They did take a while to actually bring me up to the interviewing area, like they had forgotten about me. Hiring was pretty straight forward and they give you good training once you were hired.

Interview Question – I wasn't prepared to answer which celebrity I think was the Aéropostale style. But now I think I wouldn't have a problem with it.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I

Sales Lead Interview

Sales Lead

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Aéropostale in February 2012.

Interview Details applied for the job online, was contacted within a week. Another week later, I was sitting in my interview with the S.M. of the store i worked at. She liked me and even said she wanted me for the position, but it still took another 2 weeks for a job offer, but at the time my DM didn't have her stuff together.

Interview Question – can't remember   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I negotiated on salary, make sure you factor in your commute and what it will cost you in the long run and make sure you're covered on what you need.