Aéropostale

Getting the Interview

145 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Sales Associate

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Aéropostale.

Interview Details Group interview... got a call a week later to attend orientation

Interview Question – Fun fact about yourself... prepare something unique and interesting   Answer Question

Wilkes-Barre, PA (US)

I applied in-person and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Aéropostale in November 2013.

Interview Details I applied through walk in because I saw the job offer on my mall's website. Manager called me after few days and asked me if I wanna come to group interview - I said "yes" of course. We had interview with the stockroom manager and assistant manager. Each of them had their own questions. Ex. Tell us a little bit about yourself - don't underestimate this question! It's the first question and most important - you can just google this and do some reading about it. i spend 1,5h for this interview and got questions like what encourage you to develop your personal style, question about the biggest challenge you met and what did you do with it, how would you greet customer going in to the store etc

Interview Question – Which of both is more efficient with additional sale - fitting room situation or helping customer on the sales floor and why?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation.

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Sales Associate/Cashier

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Aéropostale in October 2009.

Interview Details Turned in an application to a key-holder while they were having a job fair at their store for seasonal hiring. She told be to wait and gave the application to the store manager, and got a n interview right on the spot. Basic questions, why do you want to work here, what does customer service mean to you, tell me a time you had good customer service. The interview was easy. I also got hired right on the spot.

Interview Question – Tell me a time you had good customer service.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I did not negotiate.

Sales Associate

I applied in-person - interviewed at Aéropostale in October 2013.

Interview Details Basically I went into the store and picked up a paper application. Talked to one of the Assistant Managers. The Manager called me on the same day asking for me to come in for a group interview that Friday!
The interview was pretty easy. The manager asked why Aeropostale and a little bit about ourselves. She also included a question for customer service situation. I dressed in a tank top with a blazer over it with jeans and converse. Most of the girls were dressed in tshirt and jeans. If you can wear the brand it shows loyalty!
There was about 5 others and all got hired.

Interview Question – How would you tell a customer about the sale on the items in the store?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was not able to negotiate.

Very Easy Interview

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person and the process took 6 days - interviewed at Aéropostale in October 2013.

Interview Details I was applying to stores around the mall and I just happened to walk into P.S. knowing it was owned by Aeropostale. When I walked in I was the only costumer and the employees seemed to know right away that I was coming in for an application. The two girls working were very nice and handed it to me. I came back about an hour later after completing the application and brought it back to the two girls. Right away they scheduled me for an interview for two weeks later and handed me a 20% off Aero coupon and told me to come dressed like I would for the first day of work, in all Aeropostale apparel. About a week later I received a call asking if I could reschedule the interview for another two weeks. I was fine with that but it also made me apply for other jobs as well. I was not told it was a group interview but I assumed from other reviews from Aero. I arrived 15 minutes before and was the first person. I was told we were waiting for a few others and to look around. A guy and two more girls had came and we started the interview. The manager was extremely nice and made everyone feel comfortable. We were not asked any questions during this interview, we just talked about ourselves to start off. We each took turns greeting an employee acting as a costumer. They are looking for open questions such as "what brings you in here today?" and "Are you shopping for a boy or a girl?" Questions which cannot be answered with a yes or a no. After that we went to the fitting rooms and showed how we would deal with situations and treat the customers and what to bring them while they are trying the clothes on. The last step we did was go into the stock room and were shown everything back there. She dismissed us and told us if they want to extend the other they'd call us within a week. I was offered the job but denied because you only get 0-5 hours a week before Christmas time and it was also 25 minutes away from my house so I took an offer from a closer store. Overall it was a great interview and it was very fun! I would have taken the offer if there were more hours and if it were closer.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work at P.S.?   View Answer

Visual Merchandising Manager Interview

Wayne, NJ (US)

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Aéropostale in November 2010.

Interview Details I was hired 3 years ago as a walk-in seasonal associate at the Jersey Gardens outlet store. There was no interview, I filled out my application and required hiring paperwork that day, and came back in for an orientation two days later.

Interview Question – I didn't have a formal interview. Before I was promoted I was required to do a lot of challenging things and push myself out of my comfort zone to prove myself.   Answer Question

Interviewed at Aéropostale

Interview Details Walked in and asked for the manager, asked if they were hiring, said yes and led me to another manager who asked my why I wanted to work there, asked on the spot.

Interview Question – Pretty easy interview. Most difficult question was "what can you bring to the company."   Answer Question

New York, NY (US)

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Aéropostale.

Interview Details the manager called me two days before the interview to attend.

Interview Question – there questions werent actually difficult, the problem is that since is a group interview you have to stand out so the manager notices you.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person and interviewed at Aéropostale.

Interview Details Turned in application. Immediately asked when I was available to interview. Interview was casual. I wore Aeropostale clothes. Was asked basic questions, nothing too difficult. Just be yourself. Finished interview and was told of hiring status next week, which was only a couple days after the interview. Came in the next week for training.

Interview Question – Can you describe Aeropostale's style?   Answer Question

Sales Associate

I applied in-person and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Aéropostale.

Interview Details After applying, I received a call back within a week. Interview were basic behavioral questions. Examples: "Why do you want to work here?", "Describe yourself in 3 words." The interview was in the back room which was dimly lit and had an uncomfortable seating arrangement. The interviewer was friendly; he reviewed the interview questions with me afterwards and said he loved my energy. Remember to smile and have an upbeat demeanor!

Interview Question – You see a customer looking at a jacket that is hung very high up and you ask her if she needs assistance to which she answers no, but later on you see her looking at it again, what would you do?   View Answer

Reason for Declining – Got a better offer at another store.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Aéropostale