Aéropostale Interview Questions

Updated 10 Apr, 2015
Updated 10 Apr, 2015

2.0

Role Model Interview

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at Aéropostale.

Interview

I was recruited off the floor while shopping and had a really quick interview. I was asked to come back the next week for an interview which ended up being just to be checking to make sure I had all the right ID and papers and to schedule my training

Interview Questions

• Put together an outfit for:
      -a concert
      -a football game
      -a date

Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Aéropostale in November 2014.

Interview

Called and asked if any part-time positions were available and was asked to come pick up an application. Submitted the application next day and was told I would receive a call later that day, but never did, so I called again that same day and was asked to bring in SS Card and License. Next day, met the manager who was in charge and she put me in for Black Friday (I have no job experience) and haven't been trained yet. I was not interviewed, but rather just sat next to her on the computer and just chatted about availability and how busy the days are. Sat and filled out the forms on the computer and was hired!

Overall experience was great, employees were all very nice and laid back. Manager was extremely nice and friendly.

Interview Questions

• Was just asked in a casual conversation: What I wanted to study, When I could work.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Aéropostale (Humble, TX (US)) in October 2014.

Interview

SUPER FRIENDLY. Feels like you're talking to a close friend but keeping it professional. The interview is really simple and they are very detailed about the job requirements and they give you a brief overview of your duties.

Interview Questions

• Working around your schedule. They need committed people   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Aéropostale (Orlando, FL (US)) in October 2014.

Interview

The interview process includes either two or more interviewees. Of course, they start off by telling you to describe yourself. And then they started to ask odd questions such as what I would order at Taco Bell and what's my favorite movie and why. I guess the real interview is when they actually put you on the floor and tell you to act as if you were actually hired and working.

Interview Questions

• "Now we're going to put you on the floor and give you the oppurtunity to work."   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiations; only paid minimum wage.

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Aéropostale in October 2014.

Interview

Went in store and filled out my application there. (Wednesday) The next day I got a call for an interview.(Thursday).. my interview was Sunday at 1! The interview was in the stock/staff room. One on one. Basic personality questions. Tell me a little bit about yourself, biggest strength, weakness, who are you a role model to, who is your role model..

Interview Questions

• When she asked me a weakness I was planning to say "I don't have much experience in retail, but am a quick learner" But she asked "what would your teachers say your biggest weakness in the classroom was?"   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Aéropostale (Duluth, GA (US)).

Interview

asked for an application filled it out and got a call within a week. scheduled a group interview. me and 3 other girls were being interviewed. Was asked to sell by outfit to them and asked to put an outfit together from the store.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Aéropostale (Charlotte, NC (US)) in September 2014.

Interview

It was a group interview, probably about 5 or 6 people in the group. The store manager just asked questions about our personal style, If we had any social networks and style Icons we looked up to. Stuff like that

Interview Questions

• What's a go to outfit for you (or a go to outfit in general)?   1 Answer

Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Aéropostale in September 2014.

Interview

Before the interview, make you sure you research who Aero uses for their ambassadors. This changes from year to year. Come to the interview very styled in current fashion trends, business attire isn't acceptable.

Interview Questions

• Before the interview, visit an Aero store near you. You want to be able to talk about the shopping experience and compare it to their competition. Plus be knowledgeable about coaching and your leadership style.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Trying to negotiate for more money.

Aero Ambassador Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Aéropostale in September 2014.

Interview

My interview was fun and relaxed, the manager seemed friendly and open. I got the job immediately. Started working WEEKS after hired, which was odd. My first day, I received no instruction of what to do and never had a training day like other specific employees. I had to take initiative most of the time because the head manager was too busy sitting in the stock room eating. All she did was yell at targeted employees over the headset because they were doing their job, such as folding clothes, when no customers were around. I was shocked at the rude and unprofessional attitude at the head manager, the others in charge were far more responsible and courteous. I also got disciplined once because the head manager brought her young 13 year old daughter to work in my same position on black friday. She moved me because I wasn't doing anything, when I actually tried to talk and greet the customers but her daughter happened to be in their face each time. I shouldn't have to compete for my job position with a non-employee. Overall, I did not receive notice of when I was terminated and received no reason as to why I was. I feel bad for aeropostale and their company's choice in management.

Interview Questions

• There was no difficult question; The interview was more childish than anything and I felt as if I was being interviewed at giggles.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I chose my hours, which was common. I picked every day of the week, and picked reasonable hours because I'm in high school. I showed improvement over time, just as the other managers said consistently, but gained no more than one shift a week.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at Aéropostale.

Interview

It was a group interview with about 7 other people, everyone was high school aged. They asked 1 question and each person had to go around in a circle and answer the question. So if you're the last person, someone could easily say the answer you were planning on saying. It was pretty easy going, I think they were just trying to scope out if you could get along well with other people and that you have a good personality.