Aéropostale

Relevance Date Difficulty

Assistant Manager Interview

Assistant Manager
Minot, ND (US)

I applied through another source and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Aéropostale.

Interview Details Interview was pretty easy, On the hiring part regarding to salary they are not clear about that, you need to have them clarify regarding the salary and bonuses because it's not what they offer.

Interview Question – It was not difficult   Answer Question

Merch Flow Associate Interview

Merch Flow Associate
New York, NY (US)

I applied in-person - interviewed at Aéropostale in September 2013.

Interview Details I got a text saying i was hired after having the group interview, told me my position and pay which was $8 an hour, very descriptive as well

Interview Question – honestly there wasn't any tough questions asked   Answer Question

Assistant Manager Interview

Assistant Manager

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Aéropostale.

Interview Details Internal hire, very easy process.

Interview Question – How do I decide what to wear   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – yes or no

Aero Ambassador Interview

Aero Ambassador

I applied in-person and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Aéropostale.

Interview Details I walked in and filled out an application and was given a preliminary interview. I was then asked to come back and participate in a group interview where you answer a series of questions and asked to participate in a series of scenarios.

Interview Question – What makes you different/better than the rest.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Sales Associate
Irvine, CA (US)

I applied in-person and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Aéropostale in March 2014.

Interview Details I applied in person, and they set up a group interview for the next day. It was pretty relaxed, there were two other people there. The interviewer asked about five questions then took us back to the store. At the store, we had to create two outfits, one for girls and one for guys. We were also asked to replenish a section, which means like folding clothes and making it look presentable.

Interview Question – What does respect mean to you?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Sales Associate

I applied in-person and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Aéropostale.

Interview Details went in person

Interview Question – what's the one thing you would take with you in the case of a fire?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no

Store Manager Interview

Store Manager

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Aéropostale.

Interview Details Employee had refereed me to her DM. DM had called and we spoke briefly. She had me meet her and her boss at a near by Starbucks. The boss asked most of the questions. They were dressed very casual. I was way too overdressed.

Interview Question – Nothing too difficult or unexpected.   Answer Question

Associate Merchandise Planner Interview

Associate Merchandise Planner

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Aéropostale in August 2012.

Interview Details Initial phone interview with HR was very casual just to gather basic information, screening candidates to see if their current experience qualifies them for the position they are applying for, what type of salary they expect, and why they want to leave their current company.
In person interview was very easy going, typical questions to discuss job functions and assess planning skills. Ex: "How would you plan a selldown, what metrics do you look at to evaluate performance?"

Interview Question – where do you see yourself in 5 years   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Phone call from director with the offer. Any negotiations went through HR

Merch Flow Interview

Merch Flow

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Aéropostale in September 2012.

Interview Details I walked in and ask for an application. I filled out and turned it back in within a few minutes. I was called back a few days after for a group interview. So easy! All you do is fill out paperwork and watch videos

Interview Question – An unexpected question was when was the last time I got in trouble and why.   Answer Question

Store Manager Interview

Store Manager

I applied in-person and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Aéropostale in February 2010.

Interview Details Talk about training and development. Making money!

Interview Question – Talk about opportunity within yourself   Answer Question