Aéropostale Interview Questions

Updated Sep 6, 2014
Updated Sep 6, 2014

2.1

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Aéropostale in August 2013.

It was an hour long interview. Questions can be hard if you are new to retail. It is easy if you already have experience. Questions are pretty normal and easy to answer. The manager was really nice to me

Sales Associate Interview

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at Aéropostale.

I was referred by a friend, got an interview and was hired on the spot. Very basic questions with a very nice and easy-going manager. Orientation followed a week after.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  St. Catharines, ON
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in St. Catharines, ON

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Aéropostale in October 2013.

I was greeted by my friendly manager and we had a seat at a coffee shop within the mall. She asked me about myself, making me feel more comfortable by telling me about herself as well. One of the questions I got asked was "What does integrity mean to you". It was a great experience.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Langley, BC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Langley, BC

I applied in-person. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Aéropostale in August 2010.

1 interview. Casual. To the point , about 20 minutes. Was told to wear jeans and dress like you already worked there. Discussed my resume and previous employers.

Did not negotiate
    Didn't know what I made until first pay day, a little awkward not knowing

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Mississauga, ON
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mississauga, ON

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Aéropostale in November 2010.

I had a group interview with about 8 people.
    Answered questions by seat arrangement
    Fun and entertaining

Interview Questions
    • Questions about your self and employee related questions,

Random questions such as: fav ice cream, superhero
        Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

I walked into the store, asked the manager if they were hiring. She asked me some simple questions including why I was interested and what experience do I have. After, she put me on the spot to fold clothes and inform customers entering the store of their recent promotion. That was my only interview, I got the job. She was nice :)

Interview Questions
    • Telling me to talk to customers and fold clothing during my walk in...   Answer Question

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Toronto, ON
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at Aéropostale in October 2010.

It was a group interview conducted during the winter holiday season. We went around in a circle and introduced ourselves and stated on trend that we though would be making a come back.

Interview Questions
    • As for any interview, the most difficult question was "Tell me about yourself"   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Edmonton, AB
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edmonton, AB

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Aéropostale in October 2012.

Applied to an ad on Kijiji. Got a call the next day from the manager and was told to come in for an interview and bring 2 references. The interview lasted about 20 mins (maybe less). She asked super easy questions and was really friendly. Told me she'd call my references and get back to me by the end of the day if everything went well. Ended up calling in about 20 minutes to offer me the job.

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Saint Catharines, ON
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Catharines, ON

I applied in-person. The process took 4 days - interviewed at Aéropostale in November 2009.

I applied during a job fair before the store was open. They had a quick back and forth there, which I didn't know was an interview. But I got called back for a second interview with the store manager and a store manager from another Aeropostale. After a half-an-hour interview, with situational and general questions, I was hired!

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Toronto, ON
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Aéropostale in August 2012.

Employer was extremely easy going and kind. We spent the first 10 minutes of the interview talking about school, our majors, personal life, etc. Fairly general questions (why should I hire you, what can you bring to the company, etc.) I think employer anticipated a group interview (there were two time slots) but only I showed up to the other one, so I got a 1:1 interview. Got hired on the spot!

Interview Questions
    • "Who would you choose to be the spokesmodel for Aero?"   Answer Question

Worked for Aéropostale? Contribute to the Community!