Aéropostale

Getting the Interview

13 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Minot, ND (US)

I applied through other source and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Aéropostale.

Interview Details Interview was pretty easy, On the hiring part regarding to salary they are not clear about that, you need to have them clarify regarding the salary and bonuses because it's not what they offer.

Interview Question – It was not difficult   Answer Question

Assistant Manager Interview

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Aéropostale.

Interview Details Internal hire, very easy process.

Interview Question – How do I decide what to wear   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – yes or no

Assistant Manager

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at Aéropostale in July 2013.

Interview Details I put my best foot forward and went there letting them know who i am and what i have done. I remained humble and grateful for the opportunity. I made sure ibasked questions i would be unsure of and pressed on topics that seemed beneficial for the role.

Interview Question – There wasbno question asked that was unexpected or difficult.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Very smooth...pleased and satisfaction

Chicago, IL (US)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Aéropostale in May 2012.

Interview Details I worked at the store in high school, I decided to pursue retail management after school so I contacted my former district manager to refer me to the district manager in my area. I was then contacted by this DM and we had a quick phone interview, then I was invited for a in person interview with the DM. Because this is one of the company's high potential stores with past staffing issues, I had a second interview with the Regional Manager. I was then called by the DM with an offer. Total process took less than 2 weeks from original phone interview.

Interview Question – This store has been struggling, what will you do to get the store to reach the potential we believe it has?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – We discussed money in the second in person interview, I told them my anticipated salary they then gave me slightly more than that number.

Westlake, OH (US)

I applied in-person and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Aéropostale in June 2012.

Interview Details I saw a job opening on the local mall website and immediately brought my resume in.
When they called me for an interview, they told me to dress casual and how I would dress if I got the job...ie jeans. The interview went well then they scheduled me for a second interview with the district manager.

Interview Question – Describe a time where you resolved a conflict with a co worker.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no room for negotiation.

Lexington-Fayette, KY (US)

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Aéropostale in March 2012.

Interview Details Was recruited from another company. Interviewed with Store Manager, District Manager, and Regional Manager.

Interview Question – Was asked Why at my previous employment, it seems as if the aesthetic and standard had changed recently and why I though it successful/ not successful.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Offer, negotiations, and acceptance were all done via phone. Simpler due to the fact the the DM is not based out of my current city and I maintained full time status with my previous employer throughout the negotiation.

Assistant Manager

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Aéropostale.

Interview Details Went well, was asked typical questions about the company considering this was an interviewfor a promotion

Interview Question – Was asked if I considered to be fashionable and can merchandise... after I answered, the DMIT (now the DM) laughed in my face in front of the SM and the current DM. Extremely uncomfortable and unprofessional.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – The SM and the older DM loved me, so my promotion was not based on his shallow opinion of me. I was told I got the promotion, told the pay raise, and that was it

Spartanburg, SC (US)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Aéropostale in October 2009.

Interview Details Interview was quick but takes about a month to get hired

Interview Question – What does Aeropostale mean   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Slim chance

Assistant Manager Interview

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Aéropostale in May 2012.

Interview Details aeropostale's manager found my application from another store at the mall. i was called up and asked if i would be interested. initally i was offered a management position but i was honestly looking to start out as a sales associate. the manager asked if i could come in to fill out an application and possibly an interview afterwards the following day. so i went and filled out the application and immediately sat down for the interview.

i wasn't sure what to wear because doing some research about other interviews with this company told me how casual they are and how they do prefer you wearing their brand. i wanted to stick to a professional look, but trendy and somewhat casual at the same time. nothing too business and serious like. i wore a cami with a long sleeve cardigan over, tucked in under a floral skirt, and some wedge heels. just look clean and try to match their style. it definitely helps if you know what fashion styles are "in" at the time. oh and of course try not to wear anything that screams out another brand.

she asked typical interview questions, like my past job experience, what i did exactly, if i ever operated a cash register, merchandising abilities, and what customer service experience i have (giving examples of positive and negative when asked)... what my career goals are and where i see myself in 5 years... it was very simple and conversation-like. just be confident and show it in your interview :)

Interview Questions

Tucson, AZ (US)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Aéropostale in August 2010.

Interview Details I was recruited by the store manager,which is where the interview process normally begins, so I skipped that interview and went straight to a one on one interview with th District Manager. I had been out of the field for several years, so the main concern was why I wantedbto get back in, and my commitment level. The next step was a phone interview with the Regional Manager. I was prepped for an intense drill session, but it turned out to be more of a "get to know you" conversation.

Interview Question – Why do you want to come back to retail management after all this time away?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I told the DM straight out what I needed to make to leave my last job. She came in $2k low, but the benefit package is amazing, and it't not straight salary, so anything over 40 hrs a week I get half my hourly rate. All things considered, I make more than I requested, and received a raise at my 6 month review.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Aéropostale

Worked for Aéropostale? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Aéropostale Assistant Manager interview questions and advice. All 13 interview reviews posted anonymously by Aéropostale employees and interview candidates.