Aéropostale

Updated 29 Aug, 2014

2.5

16 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)
Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Aéropostale in August 2014.

There are 2 interviews- one with the store manager and one with the district manager. Definitely wear walking shoes, as it is not your typical interview. You are asked to point out improvements to other stores display windows (they need to clean the windows, tuck the tags, they have a display light, etc.)

Interview Questions
  • Tell me about a time where the visual direction did not fit your store and you had to make changes.   Answer Question
  • Tell me how you make a connection with your customers   Answer Question
I didn't negotiate because it was already a significant raise from my job at the time.

Other Interview Reviews for Aéropostale

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ (US)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Aéropostale.

I met with the District Manager for one interview. We met at the mall and talked for about an hour, while she asked the usual work experience questions. It was a laid back interview in terms of the environment of where we met and that I didn't feel the need to wear a business suit, but the questions were serious like, "tell me about your retail experience, tell me about a time you had to reprimand someone, tell me about your strengths and weaknesses as a manager," etc. They also asked if I had any questions and they were informative with their answers.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to leave your current job? Why retail?   Answer Question
    There wasn't much of a negotiation to be done. I was offered what I was getting at my previous job, but salaries are based on which store you will be located at and how much experience you have.

Assistant Manager Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Aéropostale.

This was an extremely drawn out process. I showed up for my first interview and was told the SM who was supposed to interview wasn't in that day. The DM called me and rescheduled. I had two interviews before they offered me the job, but both were very strange. I wasn't asked any "typical" interview questions. In both interviews, they just asked me if I had any questions for them. I ended up accepting another offer, and when I called the DM to let her know she was extremely rude. It further assured me that I had made the right choice in choosing another company to work for.

Interview Questions

I had a better offer from another company, and throughout the interview process the people I talked to were rude.

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minot, ND (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minot, ND (US)

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Aéropostale.

Interview was pretty easy, On the hiring part regarding to salary they are not clear about that, you need to have them clarify regarding the salary and bonuses because it's not what they offer.

Assistant Manager Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Aéropostale.

Internal hire, very easy process.

yes or no

Assistant Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Aéropostale in July 2013.

I put my best foot forward and went there letting them know who i am and what i have done. I remained humble and grateful for the opportunity. I made sure ibasked questions i would be unsure of and pressed on topics that seemed beneficial for the role.

Interview Questions
    • There wasbno question asked that was unexpected or difficult.   Answer Question
    Very smooth...pleased and satisfaction

Assistant Manager Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Aéropostale.

Went well, was asked typical questions about the company considering this was an interviewfor a promotion

Interview Questions
    • Was asked if I considered to be fashionable and can merchandise... after I answered, the DMIT (now the DM) laughed in my face in front of the SM and the current DM. Extremely uncomfortable and unprofessional.   View Answer
    The SM and the older DM loved me, so my promotion was not based on his shallow opinion of me. I was told I got the promotion, told the pay raise, and that was it

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westlake, OH (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westlake, OH (US)

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Aéropostale in June 2012.

I saw a job opening on the local mall website and immediately brought my resume in.
    When they called me for an interview, they told me to dress casual and how I would dress if I got the job...ie jeans. The interview went well then they scheduled me for a second interview with the district manager.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time where you resolved a conflict with a co worker.   Answer Question
    There was no room for negotiation.

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL (US)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Aéropostale in May 2012.

I worked at the store in high school, I decided to pursue retail management after school so I contacted my former district manager to refer me to the district manager in my area. I was then contacted by this DM and we had a quick phone interview, then I was invited for a in person interview with the DM. Because this is one of the company's high potential stores with past staffing issues, I had a second interview with the Regional Manager. I was then called by the DM with an offer. Total process took less than 2 weeks from original phone interview.

Interview Questions
    • This store has been struggling, what will you do to get the store to reach the potential we believe it has?   Answer Question
    We discussed money in the second in person interview, I told them my anticipated salary they then gave me slightly more than that number.

Assistant Manager Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Aéropostale in May 2012.

aeropostale's manager found my application from another store at the mall. i was called up and asked if i would be interested. initally i was offered a management position but i was honestly looking to start out as a sales associate. the manager asked if i could come in to fill out an application and possibly an interview afterwards the following day. so i went and filled out the application and immediately sat down for the interview.

i wasn't sure what to wear because doing some research about other interviews with this company told me how casual they are and how they do prefer you wearing their brand. i wanted to stick to a professional look, but trendy and somewhat casual at the same time. nothing too business and serious like. i wore a cami with a long sleeve cardigan over, tucked in under a floral skirt, and some wedge heels. just look clean and try to match their style. it definitely helps if you know what fashion styles are "in" at the time. oh and of course try not to wear anything that screams out another brand.

she asked typical interview questions, like my past job experience, what i did exactly, if i ever operated a cash register, merchandising abilities, and what customer service experience i have (giving examples of positive and negative when asked)... what my career goals are and where i see myself in 5 years... it was very simple and conversation-like. just be confident and show it in your interview :)